Chirstianity

pbrown64

Guest Patriot
Just exactly what "freedom" is being taken away from you? The freedom the "preach" in a public school? Meanwhile your boy George "W" just circumvented the law again and now he can open your mail without a warrant. You wanna B**ch about losing rights? why don't you chew on that one for a while?

The government can open all my mail that they want, I have nothing to hide. If opening my mail helps to prevent a terrorist attack, go for it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government can open all my mail that they want, I have nothing to hide. If opening my mail helps to prevent a terrorist attack, go for it.

That's not the effect it will have. The effect it will have is to destroy individual freedom. If government has a good reason to open your mail, let them get a warrant, as it has in the past. Why isn't that a reasonable safeguard for freedom, and a sufficient means of counter-terrorism?

Or do you really not care if we abandon democracy for dictatorship?

YOU are a DISGRACE to the term Patriot.

Many, many good men and women have fought hard and sacrificed for the American way of life and YOU would gladly lie down like a lamb and give up hard earned rights without a fight to an arrogant cowboy with no respect for the Constitution or what it represents.

It's people like YOU that make the terrorists think they've won because you would so happily give up rights because of your fear and cowardice. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Neither did Mark Foley.

Neither did Ted Haggard.

Neither did Gary Hart.

Why not just burn the constitution, you Christians have no use for it anyway.

What a CHICKENSH*T piece of crap you are.

That you would so willingly give up basic rights to privacy because you are afraid of a bunch of third world zealots is disgusting.

Better be careful you don't poke an eye with the pole your white flag waves on. Maybe you you should take that flag and wipe your runny little coward nose with it.

Guest qetzal
To those who post from other areas: You have no investment in Kearny, or it's people. What do you gain from inciting hatred and division is this community?

I post from another area. I have no specific investment in Kearny or it's people. However, I do have a very strong investment in the United States and our constitutional rights. I believe very strongly in the importance of separating church and state. I believe very strongly in everyone's right to be free from state-sponsored sermons. That includes my right to be free from state-sponsored Christian sermons, as much as your right to be free from state-sponsored Islamic, Wiccan, or atheist sermons.

I have no interest or intent to incite hatred and division in your community. My only interest is to defend the above rights. I don't want to see them eroded in Kearny or anywhere else in the US.

By the way, I wholeheartedly approve of virtually everything you've posted on this thread. I applaud your wisdom and tolerance, even thought I don't subscribe to your beliefs.

I recognize that more than a few outsiders have posted hateful, divisive comments on these boards (both for and against the LaClairs). However, there are legitimate reasons for outsiders to have an interest in this affair.

I post from another area. I have no specific investment in Kearny or it's people. However, I do have a very strong investment in the United States and our constitutional rights. I believe very strongly in the importance of separating church and state. I believe very strongly in everyone's right to be free from state-sponsored sermons. That includes my right to be free from state-sponsored Christian sermons, as much as your right to be free from state-sponsored Islamic, Wiccan, or atheist sermons.

I have no interest or intent to incite hatred and division in your community. My only interest is to defend the above rights. I don't want to see them eroded in Kearny or anywhere else in the US.

By the way, I wholeheartedly approve of virtually everything you've posted on this thread. I applaud your wisdom and tolerance, even thought I don't subscribe to your beliefs.

I recognize that more than a few outsiders have posted hateful, divisive comments on these boards (both for and against the LaClairs). However, there are legitimate reasons for outsiders to have an interest in this affair.

Every American has an investment in every other part of America following the Constitution. Else "one nation" means nothing.

I didn't mean to imply that those who reside outside of Kearny do not have anything of value to contribute to the debate, or that they should not post on the this board. My disagreement is with those people whose only intention is spread hate and discontent.

I appreicate your recognizing the spirit and intent of my posts.

Guest bewildered

It seems to speak volumes that none of the religious right groups have taken a stand on what Paszkiewicz did. Not the ACLJ, the ADL, the televangelists, or fundie websites. They know what he did was wrong but the religious right never admits that one of theirs did any wrong.

Guest Patriot

That you would so willingly give up basic rights to privacy because you are afraid of a bunch of third world zealots is disgusting.

Better be careful you don't poke an eye with the pole your white flag waves on.  Maybe you you should take that flag and wipe your runny little coward nose with it.

You equate tracking the communications of terrorists who use the mail, internet and cell phones with being a "coward" ??? That's about the most misguided bit of logic I've ever read on KOTW.

Guest Patriot

Better be careful you don't poke an eye with the pole your white flag waves on.  Maybe you you should take that flag and wipe your runny little coward nose with it.

You equate tracking the communications of terrorists who use the mail, internet and cell phones with being a "coward" ??? That's about the most misguided bit of logic I've ever read on KOTW.

You equate tracking the communications of terrorists who use the mail, internet and cell phones  with being a "coward" ???  That's about the most misguided bit of logic I've ever read on KOTW.

No, I equate being such a wimpering piece of jelly like ypu and lying down like a meek little lamb and willingly giving up rights that many have fought and died for with being a COWARD, like YOU!

Because what STUPID TWITS like YOU endorse is NOT "tracking the communications of terrorists" but fishing expeditions through American citizens' private mail by a clueless, arrogant, MISled administration.

Your'e not only a WANKER nut a COWARDLY WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BushBacker
Ah yes. Yet another piece of rabidly anti-American squalling from the so-called "patriot."

I see Patriot has drawn some Bush haters out of the woodwork. Calybos, how in the world do you get "anti-american" out of checking a suspected terrorists mail for something harmful to the U.S. ?? Can you be so paranoid as to think the CIA wants to open your electric bill ??

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

I only wish you would look at the prededent these laws set. I don't think it's too far fetched to realize that if left unchecked, the govt. will burrow itself deeper and deeper into our personal lives. Deeper than it is already. All in the convenient name of terrorism.

How much are you willing to accept? No matter what the govt. does they can never make us totally safe. Someday unfortunately something will happen again. It is a sad truth about the world we live in. Until that time however, I would like to continue living my life with the freedoms that lots of men and women died to preserve for me. No one, and I mean no one from a terrorist to a heavy handed, misguided govt. is gonna take that from me without a fight.

Lets say we as a nation we do nothing. How long will it be before they are telling you how to worship, Whom to worship and when worship? Is that what it will take before even you realize that it's too late? Patriot? I think not.

That's not the effect it will have. The effect it will have is to destroy individual freedom. If government has a good reason to open your mail, let them get a warrant, as it has in the past. Why isn't that a reasonable safeguard for freedom, and a sufficient means of counter-terrorism?

Or do you really not care if we abandon democracy for dictatorship?

Well said! I wish more people would realize what the actual implications are of allowing these safeguards to be dismantled.

Wanting to catch terrorists equals "anti-American squalling" ???  That does not compute.

Willingness to trash the Constitution is, indeed, anti-American squalling. The rationale offered --"It's to stop terrorists and Keep Us Safe!"-- makes no difference and is no excuse for such a blatant violation of our freedoms.

Yes, that does make such an attitude anti-American... rather obviously, in fact, which is why the politicians pushing it are so careful to phrase it in other terms. Thankfully, the posters here aren't as sophisticated and tend to make their freedom-hating agenda more blatant.

Guest Patriot
No, I equate being such a wimpering piece of jelly like ypu and lying down like a meek little lamb and willingly giving up rights that many have fought and died for with being a COWARD, like YOU!

Because what STUPID TWITS  like YOU endorse is NOT "tracking the communications of terrorists" but fishing expeditions through American citizens' private mail by a clueless, arrogant, MISled administration.

Your'e not only a WANKER nut a COWARDLY WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!

You had me laughing out loud this morning, thank you. Your hatred for Bush has taken over your small brain, you can't think clearly anymore. I served in the military, you didn't. I'm a veteran, you're not. You can't "walk the walk", chump.

I see Patriot has drawn some Bush haters out of the woodwork.  Calybos, how in the world do you get "anti-american" out of checking a suspected terrorists mail for something harmful to the U.S. ??  Can you be so paranoid as to think the CIA wants to open your electric bill ??

What's "anti-American" is the little cowboy's willingness to circumvent the law of the land by the use of signing statements, more by his hand than all other presidents combined.

Wht is it people like you and PatRat claim to bleed red, white, and blue when you're in love with presidents with the same lack of respect for the law as common street thugs? You know, those who sell weapons to enemy states, those who think breaking and entering is an acceptable campaign practice, and the current one thinks the first ten amendments are merely suggestions?

And you're wrong about Bush haters. I for one think he's basically an OK man who is woefully incompetent and ill-advised at his job.

Well said! I wish more people would realize what the actual implications are of allowing these safeguards to be dismantled.

Not just an implication, there's already been an example in Kearny's backyard, the man in Parsippany who was charged under the Patriot Act for aiming a laser at an airplane. Granted it was a stupid thing to do and action was needed but even the prosecutor admitted it had nothing to do with terrorism.

Allowing the government carte blanche to charge an individual for virtually any behavior under the umbrella of the Patriot Act is heading down a dangerous path and is handing a small victory to those we're trying to defeat.

Guest Saddam the Strong
I see Patriot has drawn some Bush haters out of the woodwork.  Calybos, how in the world do you get "anti-american" out of checking a suspected terrorists mail for something harmful to the U.S. ??  Can you be so paranoid as to think the CIA wants to open your electric bill ??

You so right, ShrubMan.

Laws just excuse for weak leader, only law country need is word of leader. Leader do what he want, he know best for you. You just lie down like sheep now and do what told. I know what good for you.

I go therapy now, have sore neck.

I see the discussion's drawn you out of the woodwork too, I guess you were busy dreaming up new lies to attempt to defend the indefensible little cowboy.