Good Letter

Guest tax payer

Every Republican that has run for office the last 4 years has told you the same thing. It is funny how 3 years ago when I ran for Mayor of this town and the Democrats were united you never heard anything from the now un-united Democrats. It seems they only want to tell the truth when it hurts those they are now broken apart from. I hope in the future the Council majority doen't lose any more people or more TRUTHS will come out. And plese Santos backers do not say it is sour grapes by Mr Mangin (it may be) but that doesn't sugarcoat the fact that what he is saying is the truth. It is time for Kearny to wake up and change the council..... Yeah right, next election it will be back to Santos tkt 65% republican 35% because the people do not want to know the truth they just want to back a party or in some cases just vote democratic because their ancestors come from Portugal. Please don't tell me i'm wrong. Do a survey and you will find 80-90% of the spanish, portugese, puerto rican and such will vote for whomever Santos says to vote for blindly.

Guest FlagMann_Guest
Every Republican that has run for office the last 4 years has told you the same thing. It is funny how 3 years ago when I ran for Mayor of this town and the Democrats were united you never heard anything from the now un-united Democrats. It seems they only want to tell the truth when it hurts those they are now broken apart from. I hope in the future the Council majority doen't lose any more people or more TRUTHS will come out. And plese Santos backers do not say it is sour grapes by Mr Mangin (it may be) but that doesn't sugarcoat the fact that what he is saying is the truth. It is time for Kearny to wake up and change the council..... Yeah right, next election it will be back to Santos tkt 65% republican 35% because the people do not want to know the truth they just want to back a party or in some cases just vote democratic because their ancestors come from Portugal. Please don't tell me i'm wrong. Do a survey and you will find 80-90% of the spanish, portugese, puerto rican and such will vote for whomever Santos says to vote for blindly.

So true!!!!!!!!!

Rice & Bean Eating Mutts!!!! They dont have a "brain", GOD gave and ant!!!!!! :ph34r:

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Guest Guest 99
Every Republican that has run for office the last 4 years has told you the same thing. It is funny how 3 years ago when I ran for Mayor of this town and the Democrats were united you never heard anything from the now un-united Democrats. It seems they only want to tell the truth when it hurts those they are now broken apart from. I hope in the future the Council majority doen't lose any more people or more TRUTHS will come out. And plese Santos backers do not say it is sour grapes by Mr Mangin (it may be) but that doesn't sugarcoat the fact that what he is saying is the truth. It is time for Kearny to wake up and change the council..... Yeah right, next election it will be back to Santos tkt 65% republican 35% because the people do not want to know the truth they just want  to back a party or in some cases just vote democratic because their ancestors come from Portugal. Please don't tell me i'm wrong. Do a survey and you will find 80-90% of the spanish, portugese, puerto rican and such will vote for whomever Santos says to vote for blindly.

Hal, you know fully well the ethnic groups you speak of in Kearny are largely Democrats. Just as the majority of Republicans blindly vote their party, so do the Democrats. The swing votes in any election in town are the non-aligned or registered Independents.

As for the united Democrats three years ago, that was a smart political move by Mangin to get his foot in the door. As soon as he got the chance he jumped ship, went out of town for help, suckered Cichino, Paglia and Kelly into joining him and now he's still there, with Pete and Anthony gone.

Sour grapes! No way. Mangin loves to fluff his feathers in public, while later usually being proved wrong or making inaccurate statements. He did it on the BOE and he's doing it now. Worst ego-political trip I've seen since Leo.

:ph34r::angry:

So true!!!!!!!!!

Rice & Bean Eating Mutts!!!! They dont have a "brain", GOD gave and ant!!!!!! :ph34r:

FlagMann.

flagman, i can't wait till the day you say something like that to the wrong person and you are beat to death.

Guest FlagMann_Guest
So true!!!!!!!!!

Rice & Bean Eating Mutts!!!!  They dont have a "brain", GOD gave and ant!!!!!! :ph34r:

FlagMann.

flagman, i can't wait till the day you say something like that to the wrong person and you are beat to death.

YO!!!! take a chill, FlagMann alway's hits a nerve with you!!! :P

You must be one? Or related to one, :angry:

FlagMann

So true!!!!!!!!!

Rice & Bean Eating Mutts!!!!  They dont have a "brain", GOD gave and ant!!!!!! :ph34r:

FlagMann.

KearnyNJ,

Please try not to let your frustration (to put it mildly) get the best of you. I do not want anyone posting anything that could be construed as being a threat especially a death threat on this message board. Therefore, please take a deep breath, re-read your post, before clicking the "Add Reply" button.

KOTW

Guest Guest Kerry

Gets what? He's been a part of the tax problem for many years by being a member of the BOE and now the Town Council. Can't you see this letter is nothing but Jim Mangin politics as usual?

The letter was very informative..as to BOE, well Jim couldn't hold a candle to the group that's been in for the last several years. Just check yeasrly raises in the school tax since.

Guest Second Warder

What does Mayor Santos have to say about Mangin's letter?

Does he deny that the town has maxed out its credit card and would be paying the highest interest rates but for the state backing up its credit under the distressed cities program. Flagmann may be correct we are becoming Camden and Newark they use the same credit we do. It is a disgrace how the truth has not come to light yet. Santos will be out of here (he rents) but the rest of us will have to pay for his stupidity and wasteful spending.

Guest Republican

There is no unified republican party because Lindenfelser has been bought off. He has the Board of Education attorney position and as long as he keeps his father insures that he undermines any organized republican opposition to the Democratic Mayor. If the republicans completely reorganize they could win. The Portuguese voted for Vartan because he cut taxes. The Portuguese will vote their wallets and pocketbooks.

Guest Guest 99

The letter was very informative..as to BOE, well Jim couldn't hold a candle to the group that's been in for the last several years. Just check yeasrly raises in the school tax since.

The letter is only informative if it is the truth. Are you willing to say it is or does it just sound good because it was what you wanted to hear? :lol:

Guest Guest Kerry

The letter is only informative if it is the truth. Are you willing to say it is or does it just sound good because it was what you wanted to hear? :lol:

Nope, it is exactly what I thought a long time ago when the BIG deficit showed up. As we all know, shortages don't just disappear. I have always felt the other shoe is going to fall, either by borrowing or debt unless you generate new revenues. Not difficult to figure out, but maybe someone need to own up to it.

Guest Guest Kerry

Re-read my post it says the letter is "informative" and it is and yes, based on my previous post, I do believe it. Time will tell.

Guest Guest 99
Re-read my post it says the letter is "informative" and it is and yes, based on my previous post, I do believe it. Time will tell.

Well, time has told.

If you were at last nights town council meeting, you would have roared as "Chicken Little" tried to justify his letter during a public confrontation with the Mayor and numerous council members. Seems he quoted the wrong financial report (although he wouldn't admit it) in calculating town debt. His report includes BOE debt, costs for the Water Dept. which is self-sustaining, and the KMUA, an autonomouis agency which pays for itself through sewage levies on South Kearny businesses.

Accusations of political grandstanding flew from the Second Ward, as the Third Ward insisted on an explanation of the "bonding scheme" quoted in the letter. In an effort to cover his tracks, Mangin constantly interrupted other council members as they spoke, but demanded that he not be stopped during feeble attempts to explain away his statements.

No, the sky is not falling,"Chicken". It may not be all sunshine and roses, but we will survive.

Guest Guest Kerry

I'm not siding with or against anyone, I am still saying I think the debt is there. In theory, who do you think pays the BOE debts..it is totally part of your tax levy...as far as the Water Dept. being self sustaining, think you better check that out, it had a huge deficit last year. Your post seems to indicate all these things are separate and apart, they are not, nor are they free, the taxpayer pays for it all.... .....debt is debt and must be paid....as for the KMUA, the autonomous agency controlled by those appointed to it by the Mayor, one of whom is also on the Bd. of Ed. and also one of his aides, they have sold and bonded everything possible. Go figure, the dots are there, just put them together, not matter who you support.

As far as the BOE is concerned if you saw the Jersey Journal today it shows that 60% of the funding for our children in Kearny comes from our taxes. Also check the section of main language spoken at home. It is nuts that english is almost a second language in our city

Guest Former Commissioner

Mayor Santos said at his 2004 inaugural speech that "we can take pride in how our water department and municipal utilities authority have operated during the past year. Each generated a profit. We even wholesaled some of our surplus water to another municipality at a profit – for many years the town has been trying to sell surplus water but that goal eluded us until last year. This year, under the leadership of our new Water Superintendent, we will plan necessary repairs and improvements in our water transmission network. This will mean a moderate increase in water rates. However, because we implemented a three-tiered rate structure that imposes the highest rates on the biggest users of water, its impact will be felt in proportion to water usage."

The above is a bunch of lies. The Mayor apparently believes his own lies. The water department has not made a profit and is still paying United Water to send out estimated water bills. Check your bill it is estimated not an actual (consumption) bill.

As far as the KMUA, the mayor bonded over a 1 million dollars last year (all the commissioners are now his appointees), to purchase from the town the water pipes that have been in the ground for decades so he could bail himself out of his overspending at town hall. He and Mary Torres (President of Board of Ed and Assistanct to the Mayor) sit as Commissioners to the KMUA.

What Councilman Mangin is saying is true and the Mayor and the two councilwoman from the 2nd ward have no shame and will stop at nothing to keep the status quo. The Mayor is full of it and eventually the truth will be known. Keep up the good work councilman Mangin. Even the Portuguese will turn on the mayor when their taxes go through the roof.

Guest guestimate
As far as the BOE is concerned if you saw the Jersey Journal today it shows that 60% of the funding for our children in Kearny comes from our taxes. Also check the section of main language spoken at home. It is nuts that english is almost a second language in our city

Is that article online? the article I read said none of what you stated.

Guest FlagMann.
As far as the BOE is concerned if you saw the Jersey Journal today it shows that 60% of the funding for our children in Kearny comes from our taxes.  Also check the section of main language spoken at home. It is nuts that english is almost a second language in our city

Then I guess, that you have to "buy" A paper!!! that's not in English? :P

FlagMann.

Guest Guest
As far as the BOE is concerned if you saw the Jersey Journal today it shows that 60% of the funding for our children in Kearny comes from our taxes.  Also check the section of main language spoken at home. It is nuts that english is almost a second language in our city

Observer 3/10/ page3; First language Kearny "English 40.1. Spanish 35.1 & Portuguese 18.6 and a few others; add them up Spanish and Portuguese surpass English; In North Arlington English is 95.7 and Harrison 31.2

Guest Guest 99

You're just playing the race card with this statement. Many of these people who don't speak "your " language at home owned house in Kearny before you moved here from Bayonne. So don't give us this "our city" baloney, Hal.

Guest Guest

It really isn't the race card, it's a fact. English is not the first language spoken in Kearny, how is that racist. That is a fact. If your opinion is you do not mind living where english isn't the first language, that's ok, if you do mind, you move. that isn't racism that an opinion and a right to which one is entitled.

Archived