Mayor For Harrison

Guest HARRISONIAN

Guest Show Time

Dorans the most educated, as of now.

His problem is that he hasn't a set of BA))s!!

No one on that council has ever been anything other then a puppet.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest think again!

First of all, both Jim Doran and James Fife are great candidates for mayor. The town could not go wrong with either one. However, Mike Hinchcliffe is a excellent choice too. He has dedicated himself to coach football for Harrison for many years. He is a great guy with no hidden agendas. He is well aware of the town faults, necessities and corruption and he would without a doubt do right by the town's residents. As far as any other name on this bulletin, if taking from the town is doing something for the town, then they qualify too!

Guest Guest

:angry Does any one know how many peoplewho work for the town of harrison are related to each other in one way or another.....The Cats..The Gils ..The Its Like everyone and there Uncle in this town are related...... :angry: The Mc Dons It is enough to make you sick......Gee Lets see who gets the jobs in the new Hotel and Stadium they are building........Cats for Mayor Yea Rite

Guest Guest

I MUST DISAGREE WITH THE POSTING STATING, MIKE HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR. SO.........HE COACHES FOOTBALL SO WHAT?.............AND...................WHAT ELSE GIVES HIM THE RIGHT. LET'S TALK EDUCATION, COMMUNITY SERVICE OTHER THAN FOOTBALL PLEASE! WHAT ELSE DOES HE BRING TO THE TABLE????I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THESE LAME RUMORS FROM OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS IN TOWN. HE POSES A THREAT TO MC "D", HOW? AND IF YOU WANT TO HEAD DOWN THE ROAD OF TAKING FROM THE TOWN, WELL, TRY LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. HIS FAMILY HAS ALOT TO GIVE BACK, HE MAY NOT BE EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN BUT SEVERAL OTHER MEMBERS ARE. KEEP THAT IN MIND,WHEN YOU POST. A DO RIGHT? WELL THERE'S ENOUGH FAMILY MEMBERS DOING WRONG LONG BEFORE YOU MISSION WAS THOUGHT OF. (NEED NOT BE MENTION HERE BUT AGAIN HE AND HIS CLOSEST MEMBERS KNOW EXACTLY)FRANKLY HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MATURITY TO HANDLE THE BUSINESS OF OFFICE. DOES HE PLAN TO SWITCH JOBS AND COME HE?? I DOUBT HIS DEPARTMENT WOULD ALLOW HIM FLEXIABLE HOURS. PERHAPS IT'S JUST HYPE TO LURE HIM HERE TO THE HPD????COME ON FOLKS, JIM DORAN MAYBE ALOT OF THINGS TO MANY PEOPLE AND TO THE NOT SO DECENT HUMANS, BUT HE IS THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB. SHOULD HE DECLINE THE OFFER, I WOULD WANT TO SEE JAMES FIFE UP THERE. HE HAS PROVEN HIS STATUS WITH THE COMMUNITY ALSO AT ALL LEVELS. HIS RUN WITH THE SCHOOL WAS AMAZING. SO IN CLOSING THINK BEFORE YOU ACT/POST! EDUCATION AND BACKGROUNDS MEAN ALOT.

Guest Guest

Jim Doran is missing something. He doesn't have what it takes to be a good or great mayor. He never stood for anything he believed in, another puppet!

Guest Guest

Well, I think he has a house down the shore near the mayor!!; but I don't think he has moved down there yet. Still trying to reap as much as he can from this town like the mayor.

Guest Guest

What does his family having jobs in the town have to do with it? It is a democratic process and anybody that wants to run CAN. Maybe he feels he has something to offer. I personally would like to see Jim Doran run for Mayor and Mike run for his council spot. I personally know that he had a chance to come to HPD and instead opted for a higher paying more professional police department. His family is intertwined into law enforcement. His Grandfather, Father and Brother served the Harrison Police Department. His uncle was head FBI director. Apparently you have a problem with him, but I like the kid. His family got the jobs through the civil service process or their qualifications and not politics. What makes you an expert on politics, That you can log onto a computer and post on this site? Your candidate (Jim Doran) is well respected along with James Fife. I know Mike Hinchcliffe respects them both and I know that the respect is mutual. Mike would probably join them in their efforts and would back them if they decided to run for the job of Mayor. Because his family is employed in the town has nothing to do with Mikes personal ambitions. They already have their jobs and do not need Mike to be Mayor. SO YOUR SAYING A POLICE OFFICER CANNOT BE MAYOR BUT A PLUMBER CAN. GET REAL.

Guest Guest

AMEN TO THAT GOOD GUY MIKE! IT'S THE ONE WITHOUT A JOB LOOKING TO LAND ONE!

POOR THING IS LIVING IN WONDERLAND, IT'S ALL ABOUT CUTTING DEALS AND ASSURING VOTES.

DON'T WORRY HONEY,YOU'LL GET IN PRIOR TO NOVEMBER!

JAMES DORAN FOR MAYOR

Guest Guest

OH SO..........NOW THE HARRISON POLICE DEPARTMENT ISN'T PROFESSIONAL?

AND YET HIS BROTHER IS EMPLOYED THERE? SO..........HE SOLD OUT TO MONEY,GEE........THAT'S OFFERING ALOT AND VERY TELLING!

NOPE.............DOESN'T CUT IT,SO SORRY FOR YOU SIS! :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

I know many of the Hinchcliffe's and I have never heard them boast that Mike is running for mayor or say that he is a "threat". As a matter of fact, I don't think they have supported him enough. If anything, they have hampered him by not wanting him to run. It's like they are caught between showing their loyalty for Ray MC D and their allegiance to Mike. In the end Mike, we all know you will do whatever YOU want to do and that your family and friends will be there for you because they beleive in you.

Guest Guest

Why would he choose to go to the Harrison Police Department for less money, more crime, and poor morale- would you idiot?

Guest Guest

to both post of the morning, i have one question which brother in law or ister is that? :lol:

seems you don't know the clan well..........boasting is all they do! :P

get out more, ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mz Harrison

How about voting for someone who actually knows what it's like to have a family? Someone who actually has some first hand knowledge about what it is like to be bringing up children? Not to mention how much it costs! When was the last time you had to balance a budget for a family of 6, Mr. Mayor? Never mind a town. You want to re-develop the town? How about developing the mind of a child? You want to bring in a stadium?? How about bringing in a book and reading to a class? Our schools are overcrowded and understaffed........when was the last time you walked into one of our schools, Mr. Mayor? We'd save you a seat but there are none......When was the last time you walked up to one of your constituents and shook their hands and asked them how they were doing? Oh, and mean it? How can you possibly worry about and take care of an entire town when all your life you've only had to look out for yourself. The end result is that you're still only looking out for yourself. Are most people aware that the Mayor, by now going to work at PVSC can retire soon because the time he served as a councilman will be combined with the few short years at PVSC and he'll retire with a full pension?? How about buying 50 tickets to that shindig you had last night, with the money you line your pockets with, and just hand them out to regular joe's on the street. Hard working people who could use a lovely night out with there spouses or respective others but can not otherwise afford $50.00, because they need that money to buy lunch meat for their kids for the week. Did you ever think of doing that Mr. Mayor? Honestly, I didn't see any of those types of people there. How about we stay out of your re-development process and you stay out of our educational process? We won't tell you who to appoint to your planning board and in return we get to ELECT our education board. How's that for a trade? We'll let you keep approving of your friends building these ridiculous homes that no one can afford to own, never mind live in, and we get a TRUE Community Center for the kids in the community. Oh, and have it run by people who are truly concerned with and are aware of what the children of this town need. Psssst, Joe B. is not one of those people. We need a mayor and council who are concerned with the children of this town. Does anyone know why the esteemed mayor and council are NOT concerned with the welfare of the children??? The answer is so simple. Children can't vote. Oh, and because they don't have any children to worry about (with the exception of the lone councilwoman) so why worry about them? Let's see..........hmmmmm..........Mike Dolaghan, nope.......he has no kids (I often wonder if he even has a pulse), although I adore Jimmy......he doesn't know what it's like either. Mike Rodgers.......nice guy but clueless when it comes to kids.....I'd rather see Jack Rodgers in office........at least he's been dedicated to the kids of this community for 30 years and has been a surrogate father to many of the kids over the years. Victor Villata......kids all grown and gone......no one in the schools except in a teaching capacity, and although I really like him and his family alot........does he have any ideas or suggestions that he's NOT afraid to voice? You can't be everyone's friend Vic........they have programs for people to learn how to just say NO!! I'm not really going to deal with Artie P. at this moment because..........well just because, I have nothing positive to say about him, so let's move on to OJohn........with all due respect sir, you have to know when to leave the party........preferably while one can still shuffle out........you're already resigning, let's just call it a day. Mr. Kelly........ well, I just keep striking out here. So, although I have gone on a rant here, I still don't know who the perfect candidate would be, perhaps it will come to me, perhaps it won't and perhaps this little post will get people thinking and acting and changing. I firmly believe that it does take a village and I truly believe with all my heart that Harrison is still a really nice place to.............be.

Guest Guest
How about voting for someone who actually knows what it's like to have a family? Someone who actually has some first hand knowledge about what it is like to be bringing up children? Not to mention how much it costs! When was the last time you had to balance a budget for a family of 6, Mr. Mayor? Never mind a town. You want to re-develop the town? How about developing the mind of a child? You want to bring in a stadium?? How about bringing in a book and reading to a class? Our schools are overcrowded and understaffed........when was the last time you walked into one of our schools, Mr. Mayor? We'd save you a seat but there are none......When was the last time you walked up to one of your constituents and shook their hands and asked them how they were doing? Oh, and mean it? How can you possibly worry about and take care of an entire town when all your life you've only had to look out for yourself. The end result is that you're still only looking out for yourself. Are most people aware that the Mayor, by now going to work at PVSC can retire soon because the time he served as a councilman will be combined with the few short years at PVSC and he'll retire with a full pension?? How about buying 50 tickets to that shindig you had last night, with the money you line your pockets with, and just hand them out to regular joe's on the street. Hard working people who could use a lovely night out with there spouses or respective others but can not otherwise afford $50.00, because they need that money to buy lunch meat for their kids for the week. Did you ever think of doing that Mr. Mayor? Honestly, I didn't see any of those types of people there. How about we stay out of your re-development process and you stay out of our educational process? We won't tell you who to appoint to your planning board and in return we get to ELECT our education board. How's that for a trade? We'll let you keep approving of your friends building these ridiculous homes that no one can afford to own, never mind live in, and we get a TRUE Community Center for the kids in the community. Oh, and have it run by people who are truly concerned with and are aware of what the children of this town need. Psssst, Joe B. is not one of those people. We need a mayor and council who are concerned with the children of this town. Does anyone know why the esteemed mayor and council are NOT concerned with the welfare of the children??? The answer is so simple. Children can't vote. Oh, and because they don't have any children to worry about (with the exception of the lone councilwoman) so why worry about them? Let's see..........hmmmmm..........Mike Dolaghan, nope.......he has no kids (I often wonder if he even has a pulse), although I adore Jimmy......he doesn't know what it's like either. Mike Rodgers.......nice guy but clueless when it comes to kids.....I'd rather see Jack Rodgers in office........at least he's been dedicated to the kids of this community for 30 years and has been a surrogate father to many of the kids over the years. Victor Villata......kids all grown and gone......no one in the schools except in a teaching capacity, and although I really like him and his family alot........does he have any ideas or suggestions that he's NOT afraid to voice? You can't be everyone's friend Vic........they have programs for people to learn how to just say NO!! I'm not really going to deal with Artie P. at this moment because..........well just because, I have nothing positive to say about him, so let's move on to OJohn........with all due respect sir, you have to know when to leave the party........preferably while one can still shuffle out........you're already resigning, let's just call it a day. Mr. Kelly........ well, I just keep striking out here. So, although I have gone on a rant here, I still don't know who the perfect candidate would be, perhaps it will come to me, perhaps it won't and perhaps this little post will get people thinking and acting and changing. I firmly believe that it does take a village and I truly believe with all my heart that Harrison is still a really nice place to.............be.
Congradulations. I wish I can meet you. You couldn't have said it better!!!!

Guest Guest

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............................

BORING!

GO ON THE NET, GET YOURSELF SOME PROZAC PLEASE!

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

YOU'LL NEVER WIN DEAR!

Guest saving GRACE

BORING!

YOU'LL NEVER WIN DEAR!

Well, I am not running for anything or FROM anything, so what exactly is it that you're talking about? The only reason you find it boring is because you will NEVER know what it's like to be concerned with these issues. See, I know who you are and why you post so early. I believe the real reason you needed your position changed was so your hours could be changed. Isn't that right? Don't you go in from 6 to 2 now so you can get to your part-time job in time? weren't they complaining down at the "valley" that you were skipping out early all the time?

Here's another riddle for you: If you work from 6-2, 5 days per week and you make (not earn) approximately 80,000 dollars per year, how much are you making per hour? Do YOU know?...........pssst.......I do!

Guest pennywise

BORING!

YOU'LL NEVER WIN DEAR!

Well, I am not running for anything or FROM anything, so what exactly is it that you're talking about? The only reason you find it boring is because you will NEVER know what it's like to be concerned with these issues. See, I know who you are and why you post so early. I believe the real reason you needed your position changed was so your hours could be changed. Isn't that right? Don't you go in from 6 to 2 now so you can get to your part-time job in time? weren't they complaining down at the "valley" that you were skipping out early all the time?

Here's another riddle for you: If you work from 6-2, 5 days per week and you make (not earn) approximately 80,000 dollars per year, how much are you making per hour? Do YOU know?...........pssst.......I do!

38.50 an hour. What a (waste) deal!!!

Guest Mission:GRACE!

How about voting for someone who is in tune with what this community needs. Someone who understands that people have a right to speak their minds and NOT be punished for it or feel that their jobs will be in jeapordy if they don't attend a cocktail party without having a valid reason? How does this mayor have the audacity to go begging for the 400,000 in aid that the state has taken back? Isn't it enough that they pay for our children to go to school? Mr. Mayor, how about everyone on the redevelopment agency, starting with you, give up just HALF of their salary. Would that help? Here's an idea: how about only one board or agency position per person. So, let's say there's someone on the redevelopment agency who is getting paid a salary, and that person is also getting paid to head up another agency (which is voluntary) he should give up the salary from one and only be on one committee. That should save us almost 400,000.00 right there. Does anyone know why the esteemed mayor is not concerned with a 400.00 tax increase on the homeowners? it's so simple. He doesn't own a home in this town. Oh, and he could care less. You are the same mayor who is on the Board of Directors for the North Hudson Community Action Corporation? Are you not? Isn't their mission statement, "People helping people build strong communities", in direct contrast to the actions you have taken in this community? Well, charity begins at home, Mr. Mayor. What I would like to know is when are you going to start helping us build a strong community right here in Harrison?

Guest GRACEfan

Grace - you are the best! This board has certainly become a lot more interesting and relevant since you have joined! Keep up the good work!

Guest GRACEface

Well, I can't say that I really know who would make a good mayor. Let me look into that and get back to you...........just a little mayoral humor ;) Seriously though..........who's ever ready for anything that life throws their way? It doesn't matter how many books you read or classes you attend, are you ever truly ready? Who's ever ready to be a parent or a spouse (no matter how many times you do it)? Who remembers their first kiss? You thought you were ready for it, but were you really? I think that whomoever it might be.........they need to enter in to it with a strong backbone, a resolve made of steel and a pure heart. For the good of the people, not the good of their wallets. They will need to make honest and fair decisions, and stand by them. Listen, I grew up in this town. This was an AWESOME place to grow up. I want my children to say they grew up in an AWESOME town. I want their friends to say it. And their friends parents to say it. And the grandparents. I want everyone to be thinking that. The sad realization is, they're not. Not right now. Right now too many people are thinking and saying, "I give up", "there's nothing we can do", "it's a mess", "no reason to speak up, no one's listening", and so on and so forth. They're wrong though. They can make a difference. They can be heard, no matter what language they speak. We just need someone who is willing to listen. Do YOU know who that person is?

Guest Guest
Let's face it, you might be a good plumber, Mr. Mayor, you might be a good person on the council (hell you people make me laugh every time I see you), but you have little to no experience on Money, Budgeting, and running a business, like a town should be run.

No one on this council has what it takes to stand up and shine!

Milan did!! What ever it was, he was moving. He tried full time. Making that Harrison Fest a success proves my point (last year it lost money, and you accuse him of stealing{insulting his families name}), but thats only the beginning. Trying to develop HARRISON, the inner Harrison not, just the redevelopment zone!! I'm not saying it doesn't have to get done, but passing the ball on to an outside bunch of people to do it is wrong, they don't know whats best for Harrison. Let Harrison Develop Harrison. Fix our streets, fix our sidewalks, and finish Milan's work...the street post, our facades on businesses and homes.

Not one person on this council has what it takes.

Who has had their kids grow up in this school system?

Who owns property in Harrison? (Now that Mr. Mayor should be embarrassing

Who has more jobs for their family and friends in this town? (now thats politics, but embarrassing)

If you can prove me wrong, you have two years, but you had more then 2 years (all except for VILLALTA, who I voted for, because I believed)and no one has stirred up more controversy then Milan. I say controversy because any time he started something, thats what followed. And thats all because he tried to make a difference. I believe it's all because you Mr. Mayor and council were afraid of not being able to take advantage of this town like you do.

Till now he's the only one I would vote for.

GOOD LUCK

And it's MILLAN not Milan

Archived