Mayor For Harrison

Guest HARRISONIAN

Guest Guest
Mr. Mayor,

It has come to the attention of many people that you just don't have a clue. Oh, and that you could really care less about the welfare of this town. Not only do you NOT know what you are doing, you don't know what anyone else is doing either. The incompetence that stems from your office down to the impropriety of *** ***** *** ** ******* *** ******* ******* ***** **** *** *****in the town hall is truly one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. Are you aware that it is your DUTY ,sir, to report him to *** ****** ******** ********** *******? You know what I am talking about..........I don't really believe it's a big stretch for you to play dumb, but in this case, even you, sir, are not that dumb. Oh, I see, he's a friend of your's, isn't that right?

You were given the ability to make changes in this town. We, the people, put our trust in you. We trusted that you would make wise and positive decisions for the good of all. You, Mr. Mayor, have violated that trust. I'd ask for you to step down, but I think that you couldn't possibly get any further down than you already are. Your empire is crumbling. Everyday I will be picking a new topic, which you of course will not address but I am going to put it out there anyway, Mr. Mayor. There is strength in numbers. Riddle me this: Can you count that high, Sir?

Sincerely,

Grace

I Love GRACE

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Who are you Grace and what is your expertise? What is your solution to the Town's problems? Why don't you run for Mayor? Please tell us your vision for the future.

and she says:

Dear Guest,

In response to your recent post, I dabble in a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I mostly just sit back and listen, to what people have to say and what they're most concerned with. Some things just come down to common sense. I don't believe that is something that can be learned, one either has it or they don't. Any one can learn how to be a plumber or an electrician or an attorney, etc. Not everyone can be taught how to give and care about others or to listen. I don't believe I ever claimed that I had a solution. I have no magic wand to make everything better. I do, however, think that I have some ideas as to what is NOT part of the solution. Pretending everything is fine when it CLEARLY is not, does not work. Being more concerned about building a stadium than a school, isn't going to fly. Condemning someone's property under the pretense that it's going to improve the community, I don't see the solution in that either. Not allowing someone to speak at a town meeting about something they are concerned with because it needs to be censored first, not only is that NOT the solution, that's violating someone's first ammendment rights. Making statements that are outright lies, because that's what you think people want to hear is insulting. Going ahead with plans to build a middle school?? How about the plans to build the High School? Where in the world is everyone going to fit? Our elementary school couldn't fit another body in it if you used crisco on them and tried to slide them in. When exactly are the renovations going to start on that? I'm not stupid, I realize that some things certain people don't have any control over, but, if these people can run to the state for more money and more aid, why can't they run to the state and find out where in the world our trailers are for the school? When did the re-development of a building or two become more important that the development of a child? When did building a stadium for a soccer team become more important than building a stadium for our town's football teams? We have people making so much money representing different boards and agencies and committess........how about paying someone to help out in the residency office in this town? I certainly am not saying that people should not make money, absolutely they should. How about giving some back though? Believe me, when you give whole heartedly and unselfishly without expecting anything in return, the reward is so abundant, it's something even beyond your wildest dreams. Obviously, I can keep going on about what's wrong but tomorrow I'm going to write a post on all the things that are going right. I think that there are alot of wonderful things in this town and it's people. So, stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Grace

Who are you GRACE?

• 2 months later...
Guest no way

Grace is too sensitive to be a man!

"Believe me, when you give whole heartedly and unselfishly without expecting anything in return, the reward is so abundant, it's something even beyond your wildest dreams".

Jealousy solves nothing gentlemen. Is it too hard for you to believe that a woman has thoughts and ideas? ::gasp:: I think Grace should run for office in Harrison, maybe the town will get their priorities straight.

All of you brain surgeons should get a life. Maybe try to ascertain the facts before running off at the lip. why not ask a member of redevelopment just how much they get paid. None of the Boards in the Town of Harrison provide any form of renumeration to the Members. They sit on these Boards so that all of you near do wells might have a better way of life in Harrison. Try doing something worthwhile for a change. You might just learn a little bit of what it takes to run even a small Town such as Harrison. ;):o:ph34r:

All of you brain surgeons should get a life. Maybe try to ascertain the facts before running off at the lip. why not ask a member of redevelopment just how much they get paid. None of the Boards in the Town of Harrison provide any form of renumeration to the Members. They sit on these Boards so that all of you near do wells might have a better way of life in Harrison. Try doing something worthwhile for a change. You might just learn a little bit of what it takes to run even a small Town such as Harrison. :o:o:ph34r:

:o Dan, Give it a break ;)

QUOTE (Guest @ Aug 20 2004, 06:35 PM)

All of you brain surgeons should get a life. Maybe try to ascertain the facts before running off at the lip. why not ask a member of redevelopment just how much they get paid. None of the Boards in the Town of Harrison provide any form of renumeration to the Members. They sit on these Boards so that all of you near do wells might have a better way of life in Harrison. Try doing something worthwhile for a change. You might just learn a little bit of what it takes to run even a small Town such as Harrison.   

please, all the members of the redevelopment agency are doing is looking out for their best interest $$$$$. They can give 2 Sh!Ts about the town. If they did, there would be more parks, less condos (which affects our school system). The answer that Parks don't pay taxes, was given once, but neither does this new Hotel, nor the Metro Stars if they come and I hear the Condos, the people building them want some tax relief too. That only means my taxes are going to go up. I can pick them 1 by 1 (and so can you) and tell you what each member is after. THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

VOTE IN A COMPLETE NEW SLATE

• 3 weeks later...
I MUST DISAGREE WITH THE POSTING STATING, MIKE HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR. SO.........HE COACHES FOOTBALL SO WHAT?.............AND...................WHAT ELSE GIVES HIM THE RIGHT. LET'S TALK EDUCATION, COMMUNITY SERVICE OTHER THAN FOOTBALL PLEASE! WHAT ELSE DOES HE BRING TO THE TABLE????I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THESE LAME RUMORS FROM OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS IN TOWN. HE POSES A THREAT TO MC "D", HOW? AND IF YOU WANT TO HEAD DOWN THE ROAD OF TAKING FROM THE TOWN, WELL, TRY LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. HIS FAMILY HAS ALOT TO GIVE BACK, HE MAY NOT BE EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN BUT SEVERAL OTHER MEMBERS ARE. KEEP THAT IN MIND,WHEN YOU POST. A DO RIGHT? WELL THERE'S ENOUGH FAMILY MEMBERS DOING WRONG LONG BEFORE YOU MISSION WAS THOUGHT OF. (NEED NOT BE MENTION HERE BUT AGAIN HE AND HIS CLOSEST MEMBERS KNOW EXACTLY)FRANKLY HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MATURITY TO HANDLE THE BUSINESS OF OFFICE. DOES HE PLAN TO SWITCH JOBS AND COME HE?? I DOUBT HIS DEPARTMENT WOULD ALLOW HIM FLEXIABLE HOURS. PERHAPS IT'S JUST HYPE TO LURE HIM HERE TO THE HPD????COME ON FOLKS, JIM DORAN MAYBE ALOT OF THINGS TO MANY PEOPLE AND TO THE NOT SO DECENT HUMANS, BUT HE IS THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB. SHOULD HE DECLINE THE OFFER, I WOULD WANT TO SEE JAMES FIFE UP THERE. HE HAS PROVEN HIS STATUS WITH THE COMMUNITY ALSO AT ALL LEVELS. HIS RUN WITH THE SCHOOL WAS AMAZING. SO IN CLOSING THINK BEFORE YOU ACT/POST! EDUCATION AND BACKGROUNDS MEAN ALOT.

GET REAL! ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE! THE VERY PEOPLE YOU ARE SUGGESTING TO RUN FOR MAYOR ARE ALL PUPPETS OF THE PRESENT REGIME, ARE YOU BLIND OR DUMB???CAN'T YOU SEE EVERYONE IS GETTING RICH AND BAKRUPTING THIS TOWN AFTER WHICH THEY WILL TURN IT OVER TO MR. MILAN AND ALL LEAVE FOR THEIR SHORE HOMES!!! REDEVELOPMENT MY FOOT, THE ONLY THING BEING REDEVELOPED IS OUR TAX BILL EVERY QUARTER AND THE BANK BOOKS OF THE PRESENT REGIME AND I MEAN ALL OF THEM AND THEIR RELATIVES ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. THIS SQUARE MILE TOWN REALLY NEEDS ALL OF THESE EMPLOYEES DOING NOTHING AND DRAINING OUR TAXES. THIS WHOLE SCENARIO IS A DISGRACE AND SHAME ON US FOR LETTING IT GET THIS FAR. MR MILAN IS NO BETTER, HE AND HIS WIFE WERE BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THEY WERE THE FIRST FAMILY, AND HE DESIGNED HIS HOUSE AS SUCH. KEEP LOOKING FOR A NEW CANDIDATE BUT CHOOSE CAREFULLY AND FORGET ABOUT GARRISON, HE IS NOT QUALIFIED AT ALL.

MR MILAN IS NO BETTER, HE AND HIS WIFE WERE BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THEY WERE THE FIRST FAMILY, AND HE DESIGNED HIS HOUSE AS SUCH. KEEP LOOKING FOR A NEW CANDIDATE BUT CHOOSE CAREFULLY AND FORGET ABOUT GARRISON, HE IS NOT QUALIFIED AT ALL.
Just sounds like your jelous about his house. His house makes mine worth more. I wish everyone in this town would make their house look as nice as his. Most people in Harrison would turn the Driveway Millan has into a two Family home and collect rent. I just wish he spoke better english, so I understood him. I don't know anyone more qualified then him, but it's a shame I don't think he'll run.

As long as we're throwing names around forget about Mr. Milan he is a puppet for Menendez and others. How about Larry Bennett he is as qualified as any one you have mentioned????

Archived