Hfd Drug/alcohol Testing

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I feel that the town should immediately institute unannounced random drug and alcohol testing to all the firefighters due to the recent unfortunate events in New York City. This will give our firefighters their due respect as one of the best departments in NJ. If anyone does not pass the test, they should be dismissed immediately.

Guest Guest

Even if they do test and get a positive result result, they automatically get a stress disability pension. That equates to about $3000.00 a month tax free for life, full medical benefits, and life insurance. Most people in Harrison don't get this working a full 40 hour work week.

Guest Guest

Let's be realistic. The Town should implement random drug testing for all police & fire employees. Unfortunately, this is not the case....

Guest Guest

The fire chief should be questioned why there is no alcohol and drug testing even after numerous incidents with their employees.. i know alot of people who wouldnt mind submitting a sample once in a while for $90,000 a year. They eat, sleep, cry, and go to the bathroom....the town should call it the Harrison Fire Nursery and get additional funds from the state for it.

Guest Guest

When the fireman come to get their checks, have them submit a hair or urine sample. No sample = No check. The town will save plenty of cash...................

Why is it that whenever the Fire Dept is mentioned, you cops all start to cry? BOOHOO you have the easiest jobs going. Why don't you focus on giving more tickets, instead of sleeping at Guyon and leave us the real Hero's Alone?

Guest Guest

How can anyone who claims to be the towns "bravest" explain to anyone, including their own family that they are afraid to pee into a cup. Real brave. I think not. better yet, lets try a hair sample for testing. I know you are not afraid to get a haircut.

Guest Guest

Drug test the fireman the day after the parade. This should open up 20 spots for the cops they are planning to lay-off. just transfer them over. See how easy it is to solve problems, and i am not even a politician.

Guest MR. X

Why is it that whenever the Fire Dept is mentioned, you cops all start to cry? BOOHOO you have the easiest jobs going. Why don't you focus on giving more tickets, instead of sleeping at Guyon and leave us the real Hero's Alone?

This is a quote from CAPT

This is hysterical. The Police have the easiest jobs? Here is the hilarious irony to this statement. First, I am not a cop, or a town employee, just a resident, and this is what I know.

1. The fireman work for a couple days at a time, in which they sleep and eat.

2. They make at least $60,000 to sit on their asses for what ,3 days a week.

3. Most if not all have second jobs and incomes

4. There is maybe 2 major fires in Harrison a year

5. Many have alcohol problems, hence the reason you can find one at a bar at almost anytime

6. We have one of the few paid fire departments in the state, but we almost never use them, although they do some emt work

7. And finally this ASS has the balls to talk about the Police who day in and day out must deal with the SCUM that comes in and out of this town, while he sits on his fat ASS in his pretty little little fire station eating and sleeping and making a ton of money for NOTHING, and he calls himself a REAL HERO, HA!!!!!

WHEN IS HARRISON GOING TO CATCH ON TO THE WHOLE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT IDEA????

WHY MUST THEY WASTE GOOD TAX DOLLARS ON ALCOHOLICS AND PEOPLE WHO BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE???

WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR A SERVICE WE RARELY USE???

I say that we cut pack the Fire Department not the Police Department.

Keep enough guys to handle the EMT duties, and let East Newark and Kearny handle our fires, or just start a volunteer department.

Guest Guest

If anyone in the town, including the politicians and firefighters, can give me one legitimate reason why they refuse to initiate or fight against random alcohol and drug testing of the firefighters, please let me know. Do not say I am a cop because I am not. Additonally, the one cop who got caught is gone. Not all of the firefighters who got caught, arrested, or overdosed, are in bad shape anyway. THEY STILLL ARE GETTING A RETIREMENT PACKAGE. WHY?

• 1 month later...
Guest big brother
Even if they do test and get a positive result result, they automatically get a stress disability pension. That equates to about $3000.00 a month tax free for life, full medical benefits, and life insurance. Most people in Harrison don't get this working a full 40 hour work week.

the reason the "typical" harrison resident doesnt make $3000.00 a month is because the majority of you spend all your time posting stupid responses and quotes to subjects that you have no idea what the hell your talking about!!!!!!! and from what i've seen the vast majority of you have a high school education at best.........but where i grew up 7th grade wasnt your senior year!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i guess the world needs cheap ditch diggers and laborers too!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your support of cheap labor............HARRISONIAN............NOT WHAT IT USED TO MEAN

Guest still live here

This is hysterical. The Police have the easiest jobs? Here is the hilarious irony to this statement. First, I am not a cop, or a town employee, just a resident, and this is what I know.

5. Many have alcohol problems, hence the reason you can find one at a bar at almost anytime

6. We have one of the few paid fire departments in the state, but we almost never use them, although they do some emt work

7. And finally this ASS has the balls to talk about the Police who day in and day out must deal with the SCUM that comes in and out of this town, while he sits on his fat ASS in his pretty little little fire station eating and sleeping and making a ton of money for NOTHING, and he calls himself a REAL HERO, HA!!!!!

WHEN IS HARRISON GOING TO CATCH ON TO THE WHOLE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT IDEA????

WHY MUST THEY WASTE GOOD TAX DOLLARS ON ALCOHOLICS AND PEOPLE WHO BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE???

Keep enough guys to handle the EMT duties, and let East Newark and Kearny handle our fires, or just start a volunteer department.

sounds to me like Mr. X has his head up his ass, as far as volunteer fire dept's go................i ask you mr x would you let your wife and kids go to a Volunteer Dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe you should look at ENFD as to what Quality Volunteers we could get to protect our families..........there is a bar in the back room thats open all the time day or night isnt there, and you would rather have this "highly trained" group show up at your house in an emergency. perhaps you would be the first on to sign up to volunteer to spend the 120 hrs that is initially required to become a FireFighter in NJ and after that give another 120 hrs to become an EMT, to be exposed to every kind of sickness that our Firefighters are exposed to and then expose their families to, not to mention getting pissed on, thrown up on and covered in all types of bodily fluids and YOU think you would do this for free!?!?!!? i know theres not enough money you could pay those guys because i know i wouldnt do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

I agree with you. Both these jobs, HFD or HPD are jobs that you risk your life with.

Maybe not every day, but some days they do. And all in all they are there to do it.

More Fires, more work. Who wants more fires.

Yea, Join the police dept. fail there, then they will hire you onto the HFD, do all the drugs you can, drink and EAT! Then the'll make you Chief! It already happened! This chief cant even pass the test!

Guest Guest

This is hysterical.  The Police have the easiest jobs?  Here is the hilarious irony to this statement.  First, I am not a cop, or a town employee, just a resident, and this is what I know.

6. We have one of the few paid fire departments in the state, but we almost never  use them, although they do some emt work

sounds to me like Mr. X has his head up his ass, as far as volunteer fire dept's go................i ask you mr x would you let your wife and kids go to a Volunteer Dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe you should look at ENFD as to what Quality Volunteers we could get to protect our families..........there is a bar in the back room thats open all the time day or night isnt there, and you would rather have this "highly trained" group show up at your house in an emergency. perhaps you would be the first on to sign up to volunteer to spend the 120 hrs that is initially required to become a FireFighter in NJ and after that give another 120 hrs to become an EMT, to be exposed to every kind of sickness that our Firefighters are exposed to and then expose their families to, not to mention getting pissed on, thrown up on and covered in all types of bodily fluids and YOU think you would do this for free!?!?!!? i know theres not enough money you could pay those guys because i know i wouldnt do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest of it sounds good though?

Guest Guest
Yea, Join the police dept. fail there, then they will hire you onto the HFD, do all the drugs you can, drink and EAT! Then the'll make you Chief! It already happened! This chief cant even pass the test!

WOW!!!

Guest Guest

TK is not like Schwartzkopf, He is like Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebells, Frank, Bormann, Hess and Kaltzenbrunner combined. SIEG HEIL. Just hope he doesn't become boss in charge of HPD too. Then you guys are really in for it.

Archived