Crime is Up

Guest Guest

Who do we blame for the 25% increase in crime in Harrison. It went from 313 to 414. Could it be that the figures in the last couple of years were fudged? Or is it bceause the HPD's manpower has been decreased.

Maybe we need a change in Leadership. The top brass must go.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest old timer

the cops of today are not like from yester-year,when you had cops like bill sweeny,hinchcliff,rogan ,winky,pavano,villanova --these were true cops in every sense of the word not like these pussys of today-look at me i carry a gun,, i demand respect,half these guys are afraid of there own shadows-not bashing---just observing oh to go back 30 years

Guest the old days

you could'nt have said it better,these cops of today are just punks themselves,no respect for no one,treat you as if you were dirt,show up on an incident like there doing you a favor or your bothering them, its not like it was back then,, the cops had a little compassion for you,back then it wasn't about a check,it really was to protect and to serve ,plus in the old days you never had so much hate between the cops and firemen,town workers,etc. i guess its just the times we live in ,its like old timer says to go back 30 or even 40 years ==oh what a world???

This will be 2013 soon. Your old timers disease is progressing fast. Don't worry about the crime because the town is saving money for fire department promotions after the holidays. If you don't like the cops, then move out of town to live with the firemen, teachers, and all the other high paid town workers that are laughing all the way to the bank with your tax money. Young morons become old morons. Thanks for the proof.

Guest Mr Do Gooder
This will be 2013 soon. Your old timers disease is progressing fast. Don't worry about the crime because the town is saving money for fire department promotions after the holidays. If you don't like the cops, then move out of town to live with the firemen, teachers, and all the other high paid town workers that are laughing all the way to the bank with your tax money. Young morons become old morons. Thanks for the proof.
Arrogance at its best haha. First cops & firemen salary are the same due to a clause years ago called Parity. Many cops do not live in the town, they don't have to, it is not an employment requirement. It's obvious you are an officer with the town & you have no respect for the badge or the town residents, you should be ashamed of yourself coming on here with your insults. We as servants of the town can expect criticism, but must remain professional which you clearly have not. I know many of the policemen & firemen & they do not share your anger & arrogance toward the town. If you are not happy serving the Town of Harrison no one is keeping you, seek out employment elsewhere.

How many Police Officers live in Harrison? Probably only a couple. The top brass live out of town and have for many years. So what is your problem. Give us a reason why crime is up so much more then other towns when crime overall is down.

Guest Officer Friendly

I am very sure the fine Harrison Police will take your ignorant comments to heart. It's refreshing to get feedback from the public on the Officers performance. I am positive that in the new year there will be extreme increased vigilance in the area of parking tickets and those costly moving violations. These measures will surely decrease crime because when you heavily enforce motor vehicle infractions the crime rate will go down. Happy new year!

Guest Harrison Senior

Poor Barney. Bitter as ever, I guess he didn't get any new toys for Christmas. Drink some of your momma's leftover eggnog, maybe it will cheer you up.

Guest old timer

you bashed the fireman, teachers,which i didn't even mention, and the town workers so you must be a cop thanks for the proof-son, what the hell does that even mean, your a perfect example of what i mentioned a person in my opnion ,,,maybe who shoud not carry a gun i could give you dr. phil's number cause it sounds like you really need it---and please don't come back with a ass-in nine remark you belittled yourself enough

Just admit it, you are on the town's payroll. Hey get back to kissing Big Mac's ass and let the grown ups talk.

The Police today never had a chance to learn from anyone with a backbone,Meaning their whole career there were only two cops to actually learn anything about police work from. Pat Minatolla and Mike Green. All the other cops were only. there to grab a check and feed an ego

Guest guestle

the cop made a statment that, firemen,teachers, and town workers are high paying jobs and they don't earn there pay====don't the police make just as much as the others maybe more but i guess this guy thinks he is justfied with his pay=stealing off the town,the brave police officer who has to brave all those bad outlaws in the town of harrison,be thankful that your not in jersey city ,newark or even camden,i'm sorry but making ---$100,000 a year patrolman salary in harrison you don't know how good you got it till its gone

The Camden PD. with the highest murder rate in the country, is being disbanded and replaced by a county police dept. How about doing this with Kearny, Harrison and E.Newark. How can someone justify small police dept's with their own Chiefs? A waste of money.

I want to see a weekly Harrison Police report in the Observer.

The residents deserve to be provided with this information so we can be safe & protect our families. If we are aware that there are certain crimes on the rise, we can help our police department by keeping our eyes open and reporting things that look suspicious. Other towns can put their reports in the paper, there is no reason why we can't. Nobody buys the concept that there is no crime in Harrison and often the rumors of what people THINK is happening are probably worse than the actual crimes.

Please put the real information out there and give us a fighting chance to protect ourselves instead of just deciding that we don't need to know.

Thank you.

The Camden PD. with the highest murder rate in the country, is being disbanded and replaced by a county police dept. How about doing this with Kearny, Harrison and E.Newark. How can someone justify small police dept's with their own Chiefs? A waste of money.

See, the problem with trying to give out half the story is that you then come off as just being a Liar Altogether..... Yes, Camden is doing away with the City PD. However, NONE of the Municpalities in Camden County have signed onto that plan, even though they all considered it at the beginning, and were part of the decision to start the "Metro Division" of the CCSO Also, Bergen County has also chosen NOT to start incorporating Municipal Depts into the County PD..which will now probably spell the death of that Agency altogether. For my own amusement, Watching the same idiots who are calling for this as a "Cost Savings" scream later on about how they had to wait X number of minutes for a Cop to come when I called" will be priceless if they every do make the mistake of going to a Regional Policing Sca..i mean Scheme.

A 25 % increase crime calls for action. I bet it's a lot higher.They may be downgrading certain crimes to other categories, so it doesn't look bad. And, there is probably a lot that is not reported because of the illegal immigrant population. I looked at the HPD website and they were touting a decrease in crime. Must have been a couple of years ago. They need to update to reflect recent figures.

I would like the Chief to give his opinion why the huge increase.

Guest Harrison Senior

I want to see a weekly Harrison Police report in the Observer.

The residents deserve to be provided with this information so we can be safe & protect our families. If we are aware that there are certain crimes on the rise, we can help our police department by keeping our eyes open and reporting things that look suspicious. Other towns can put their reports in the paper, there is no reason why we can't. Nobody buys the concept that there is no crime in Harrison and often the rumors of what people THINK is happening are probably worse than the actual crimes.

Please put the real information out there and give us a fighting chance to protect ourselves instead of just deciding that we don't need to know.

Thank you.

Thanks for your comments, Barney. But since you don't live in Harrison why should you care.

Hey Harrison Senior, I am NOT Barney and I DO live in Harrison. Get over yourself. I have every right to see an accurate, timely report of Harrison crimes in the paper every week. I would think that you would want to see them as well.

Where's the PBA when you need them. They should be fighting for more manpower, but the guys who were in leadership and used to make waves, got promoted and now the silence is deafening.

Guest resident carer

Who do we blame for the 25% increase in crime in Harrison. It went from 313 to 414. Could it be that the figures in the last couple of years were fudged? Or is it bceause the HPD's manpower has been decreased.

Maybe we need a change in Leadership. The top brass must go.

the manpower cry! thats getting old already. funny i see plenty of manpower at ninos ginas dunkindonuts tops and path area. i see no work being done, just plenty of bull crap thrown around. one cop actually brags he drives by camera locations for show during his ten hours. really?? i saw another cop hang at his girlfriends house for hours. oh lets not forget they are testing now, so respond time is at a low, but dont bother to ask the dispatcher for assistance, they are another piece of work. best method i see is call another department or 911. this puts pressure on them to work while making them look stupid with other towns.

just cause you got promoted dosen't make you a leader, maybe an as-hole but not a leader

Wow!!!!!!! Well said for someone that follows others around like a puppy or are you one of those members that sits in the back during a meeting just mumbling. Then when it's time speak all you hear is silence. You cast your vote the same as everyone else!!!! Once the meeting complete you start to complain in the parking lot, locker room & keep complaining every where but at a meeting.