Just Wondering

Guest Christian

Guest Christian

I've always wondered...... when an athiest touches a coin inscripted with "In God We Trust", does his fingers burn ?? When an athiest hears the pledge of alligence with the words "One Nation Under God" does his ears burn ?? When an athiest sees a bible or other christian icon does his eyes burn ?? Will an athiest eat Hot Cross buns at Easter and if he does will he get indigestion ?? Will an athiest hide from a crucifix the way vampires do ?? Just wondering.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve_C
I've always wondered...... when an athiest touches a coin inscripted with "In God We Trust", does his fingers burn ??    When an athiest hears the pledge of alligence with the words "One Nation Under God" does his ears burn ??  When an athiest sees a bible or other christian icon does his eyes burn ?? Will an athiest eat Hot Cross buns at Easter and if he does will he get indigestion ?? Will an athiest hide from a crucifix the way vampires do ??  Just wondering.

Keep wondering. Yeah we run around burning and freaking out all the time.(sarcasm) Obviously you don't know much about atheists.

We walk around totally lacking belief in your superstitions. Find it amusing that you walk around with a cross on your neck and it's a symbol of torture and death.

I like christmas music. Joy to the World is a very nice song. Just because it's about a messiah doesn't keep me from enjoying it. There's some amazing paintings and art inspired by religion and the bible.

Do christians scream "Blasphemer!" when they see Jews light a Minorah? Or a buddhist in his robes?

I do curse at the tv when some lunatic is on CNN talking about what they're doing to bring the second coming of christ and how they're excited about the Rapture.

I've always wondered...... when an athiest touches a coin inscripted with "In God We Trust", does his fingers burn ??    When an athiest hears the pledge of alligence with the words "One Nation Under God" does his ears burn ??  When an athiest sees a bible or other christian icon does his eyes burn ?? Will an athiest eat Hot Cross buns at Easter and if he does will he get indigestion ?? Will an athiest hide from a crucifix the way vampires do ??  Just wondering.

No, why would we?

They are references to a myth.

But it is sad to see these things are still being perpetuated hundreds of years after they should have been thrown to the scrapheap of history.

Remembered yes, learned from, most certainly. There are many good lessons and parables in the bible which are nice, and fine examples to live by. These types of lessons also exist in other religions and cultures.

But the governance of a society? leave that to logic and reason, not myths and stories from the bronze age.

How can Chirstians truly believe that their God would damn all humans on this earth that do not accept Jesus as their personal savior? How many humans on this planet have not even heard of this jesus guy? Are they all going to hell? For what, trying to eke out an existence wherever they may be.

The Family in Mongolia, China, Haiti, Congo etc... who works hard everyday to make a better life, prays to the spirit(s) of their choice for rain or good crops or better fishing, whatever. Are they not trying to do what most Americans are? Take care of their family make a better life. But they don't know Jesus. I guess too bad for them. Tough break, the missionaries never made it to their village yet. The KJV bible has not been translated to their language yet. Oh it may not matter even if it was translated they may not be able to read it anyway. Whatever.

Many Christians would say they are damned to the Lake of Fire for not accepting Jesus as their personal savior. It is completely obscene.

Even if it was true, I would not want any part of your "eternity".

I'll go help row the boat on the Lake of fire!

Faith or spirituality is one thing if it is kept to your home or place of worship, but when it intrudes into other humans lives through politics or education it is wrong.

If and when the Human Race can ever get over this religion nonsense and I mean all religions not just christanity we will finally have a chance for peace and hope for the future.

No, typically we just stifle a long-familiar irritation with the general cluelessness of it all.

I've always wondered...... when an athiest touches a coin inscripted with "In God We Trust", does his fingers burn ??

Nope. And please, learn how to spell. It's atheist.

When an athiest hears the pledge of alligence with the words "One Nation Under God" does his ears burn ??

Nope. Despite the pledge being a measure intended to make Atheists feel uncomfortable and unpatriotic, just as McCarthy wanted.

When an athiest sees a bible or other christian icon does his eyes burn ?? Will an athiest eat Hot Cross buns at Easter and if he does will he get indigestion ??

No, and no.

Will an athiest hide from a crucifix the way vampires do ??  Just wondering.

If that were true, do you think there would still be any atheists left in the U.S?

Oh wait, I forgot. You're just being petulant and incediary.

Do similar things happen to Christians when they see, hear, touch items related to the Muslim religion? Judaism? Scientology? etc?????

You're not making any point here.

;) thats good BUT WHAT WILL THEY SAY AT THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT? will they cry when christ tells them HE DONT KNOW THEM! when their name is left out of the book of life? who will they cry to when their life is slipping away? *****{"WHO"}*****????? :D

And just where on that coin is it specified just WHAT God is being referred to?

Your arrogance is truly amazing.

So.....................................you're making the assumption that the inscriptions on coins are meant to only apply to your own particular God?

You must get very fatigued hauling that ego around with you all day.

No need to wonder anymore.

The answer to all your question is "No." Atheists don't believe in any of your superstitions and therefore your non-existent god has no placebo effects on atheists.

Glad to help.

Here's some questions for you: when a christian sees a Koran do his eyes burn? When a christian hears the word "Muhammad" do his ears burn?

Just wondering.

No. No. No. No..... No. But those were GREAT questions!!!

Guest A. V. Blom
:D thats good BUT WHAT WILL THEY SAY AT THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT? will they cry when christ tells them HE DONT KNOW THEM! when their name is left out of the book of life? who will they cry to when their life is slipping away?  *****{"WHO"}*****????? :D

Easy on the medicines, pal. I'm not sure you want to go to said throne yet.

Of course, you presuppose the existence of your God in the first place. I challenge you to show ANY reason to believe that.

and if Jesus tell me 'he don't know me', I'll go easy on him. I mean, he only had like 2000 years to learn proper English. :D

Guest Steve_C
:D thats good BUT WHAT WILL THEY SAY AT THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT? will they cry when christ tells them HE DONT KNOW THEM! when their name is left out of the book of life? who will they cry to when their life is slipping away?  *****{"WHO"}*****????? :D

Hehe. That's a funny fairy tale.

There's a white throne and a book with names in it? I thought god was omniscient and all knowing... is he forgetful and has to write down lists? Why does he have a throne? Do his feet hurt? How can your life slip away when you're already dead?

When I die and if I found my spirit infront of Jesus? God? whomever? I'd ask why is he such a prick. With all the suffering that goes on he really would be a putz to not do anything about it.

But believe me, I'm not afraid of that happening in the least. When I die my organs will be donated and I will be cremated and that will be it. I have no delusions about seeing all my dead relatives and hanging out with angels.

This is the one chance you get to enjoy life, love deeply and see the world as it is. Life is amazing but death is final.

Guest Christian
No, why would we?

They are references to a myth.

But it is sad to see these things are still being perpetuated hundreds of years after they should have been thrown to the scrapheap of history.

Remembered yes, learned from, most certainly. There are many good lessons and parables in the bible which are nice, and fine examples to live by. These types of lessons also exist in other religions and cultures.

But the governance of a society? leave that to logic and reason, not myths and stories from the bronze age.

How can Chirstians truly believe that their God would damn all humans on this earth that do not accept Jesus as their personal savior? How many humans on this planet have not even heard of this jesus guy? Are they all going to hell? For what, trying to eke out an existence wherever they may be.

The Family in Mongolia, China, Haiti, Congo etc... who works hard everyday to make a better life, prays to the spirit(s) of their choice for rain or good crops or better fishing, whatever. Are they not trying to do what most Americans are? Take care of their family make a better life. But they don't know Jesus. I guess too bad for them. Tough break, the missionaries never made it to their village yet. The KJV bible has not been translated to their language yet. Oh it may not matter even if it was translated they may not be able to read it anyway. Whatever.

Many Christians would say they are damned to the Lake of Fire for not accepting Jesus as their personal savior. It is completely obscene.

Even if it was true, I would not want any part of your "eternity".

I'll go help row the boat on the Lake of fire!

Faith or spirituality is one thing if it is kept to your home or place of worship, but when it intrudes into other humans lives through politics or education it is wrong.

If and when the Human Race can ever get over this religion nonsense and I mean all religions not just christanity we will finally have a chance for peace and hope for the future.

After reading your post, the first emotion I felt was sorrow. I hope that sometime in your life you will experience the love of Jesus. Although I don't know you, I wish you well and I will pray for your spiritual awakening.

After reading your post, the first emotion I felt was sorrow. I hope that sometime in your life you will experience the love of Jesus.  Although I don't know you, I wish you well and I will pray for your spiritual awakening.

Damn right! May Muhammad be your savior! Why follow Jesus when he was just a lesser prophet compared to the greatest prophet of all Muhammad?

Nope. And please, learn how to spell. It's atheist.

Nope. Despite the pledge being a measure intended to make Atheists feel uncomfortable and unpatriotic, just as McCarthy wanted.

No, and no.

If that were true, do you think there would still be any atheists left in the U.S?

Oh wait, I forgot. You're just being petulant and incediary.

It may make you feel uncomfortable, however, I bet you don't mind when you need to buy something and that's the money you have to use, do you? Well, you can argue, you can say whatever you want. The fact is that "In God We Trust" is there, whether you like it or not! Also, "One Nation under GOD" is also there. Sorry people, you can feel uncomfortable, but there is not much you can do it about it...deal with it! ONE NATION UNDER GOD and IN GOD WE TRUST!

Hehe. That's a funny fairy tale.

There's a white throne and a book with names in it? I thought god was omniscient and all knowing... is he forgetful and has to write down lists? Why does he have a throne? Do his feet hurt? How can your life slip away when you're already dead?

When I die and if I found my spirit infront of Jesus? God? whomever? I'd ask why is he such a prick. With all the suffering that goes on he really would be a putz to not do anything about it.

But believe me, I'm not afraid of that happening in the least. When I die my organs will be donated and I will be cremated and that will be it. I have no delusions about seeing all my dead relatives and hanging out with angels.

This is the one chance you get to enjoy life, love deeply and see the world as it is. Life is amazing but death is final.

Is it a fairy tale? What if it isn't? Think about it!

Guest A. V. Blom
It may make you feel uncomfortable, however, I bet you don't mind when you need to buy something and that's the money you have to use, do you?

It's not about 'not minding something' but about the gross corruption of the originally secular nation that was the United States. People deal with it, but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

Well, you can argue, you can say whatever you want. The fact is that "In God We Trust" is there, whether you like it or not! Also, "One Nation under GOD" is also there.

In other words 'you can't stop me, nyah, nyah!"

Sorry people, you can feel uncomfortable, but there is not much you can do it about it...deal with it!

As is obvious to anyone with half a brain (yes, that specifically excludes you), there can be done something about it. After all, it was put there in the first place, right? Logically, it can be changed back to its original phrase.

Newdow came within a hair's breadth on the Pledge already, and the only reason he was not succesfull was that the Supreme Court chickened out on it.

ONE NATION UNDER GOD and IN GOD WE TRUST!

If there is, indeed, a God, the nature of his supporters does him little credit.

Guest A. V. Blom

What if Islam is right? What the Pastafarians are right? What if the Matrix is right? What if Star Wars is actual history?

Christianity is exactly as likely as all the above, unless you happen to posess some evidence no one else ever heard of.

What if Islam is right? What the Pastafarians are right? What if the Matrix is right? What if Star Wars is actual history?

Christianity is exactly as likely as all the above, unless you happen to posess some evidence no one else ever heard of.

Some people never progress beyond Pascal's Wager... "I'd better believe, just in case... don't wanna burn in hell, after all." Now THAT's a heartfelt profession of devotion if ever I've heard one. Good thing it'll fool God!

What if Zeus never disguised himself and walked among us? Think about it!

What if Muhammad never experienced the Isra and Mi'raj? Think about it!

What if the halls of Valhalla never echoed with the songs of heroes? Think about it!

What if the Pope is not the vicar of Christ? Think about it!

What if Vishnu doesn't possess six divine glories? Think about it!

What if Ganja is not a sacrament that stings the heart of the wicked? Think about it!

Yeah, and what if the flying spaghetti monster isn't real? Think about it!

Sorry, My post above is almost identical to yours! Great minds must work alike!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if you are wrong. Take a chance, not me.