Lowry Ineligible Candidate for BOE

Guest County Elections

Guest County Elections

Lowry, who is running with the Doran and Lindenfelser ticket is deemed ineligible to be a BOE candidate. This information can be found on the DOE website. There is case law which occurred in Toms River where a BOE employee was receiving payments from the BOE after retirement and was disqualified as a Board member. Ms. Lowry is receiving those same payments from the Kearny BOE and is therefore disqualified, it is black and white, no debate, CASE LAW. She can, however, decide to forfeit the money due to her if successful in her bid as a candidate. Now, she is running with an attorney, an attorney who was retained by a school district in NJ as their Board attorney. You would think they would know this information, RIGHT? Well they probably do but think they can continue to do whatever they want. That has been the problem with the BOE until recent years. Now there are people doing what is RIGHT and these individuals don't like it. They have been bashing current BOE members who have been doing RIGHT for the kids, the taxpayers and the staff and they don;t like that they don't have "CONTROL".

Don't believe they false accusations made by them. Voters can see how desperate they are and that bashing others and slinging mud will get them nowhere.

Keep positive change coming vote for anyone but them!!!!!!! if you want what is right for this TOWN!!!!!

Guest Desperado

Lowry, who is running with the Doran and Lindenfelser ticket is deemed ineligible to be a BOE candidate. This information can be found on the DOE website. There is case law which occurred in Toms River where a BOE employee was receiving payments from the BOE after retirement and was disqualified as a Board member. Ms. Lowry is receiving those same payments from the Kearny BOE and is therefore disqualified, it is black and white, no debate, CASE LAW. She can, however, decide to forfeit the money due to her if successful in her bid as a candidate. Now, she is running with an attorney, an attorney who was retained by a school district in NJ as their Board attorney. You would think they would know this information, RIGHT? Well they probably do but think they can continue to do whatever they want. That has been the problem with the BOE until recent years. Now there are people doing what is RIGHT and these individuals don't like it. They have been bashing current BOE members who have been doing RIGHT for the kids, the taxpayers and the staff and they don;t like that they don't have "CONTROL".

Don't believe they false accusations made by them. Voters can see how desperate they are and that bashing others and slinging mud will get them nowhere.

Keep positive change coming vote for anyone but them!!!!!!! if you want what is right for this TOWN!!!!!

THEY'RE desperate???!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Law and Order

This is non sense lol

It's not non sense when you break the LAW. Let's see if anything happens with this one, or will this be just another sweep it under the rug nobody tells us what to do.

It's not non sense when you break the LAW. Let's see if anything happens with this one, or will this be just another sweep it under the rug nobody tells us what to do.

Stop trying to make it seem like Lowry is getting some type of illegal "pay off" from the BOE. The only thing she is getting is her sick time payout which is what anyone that retires gets if they have built up sick time.

You know what's NONSENSE? Spelling it as if it's 2 words.

Here it is .........nothing but facts! check it for yourselves

http://njlaw.rutgers...00898-08_1.html

The case raises an interesting point but it hardly ends the discussion, as you claim it does. This is a single decision from an Administrative Law Judge, who is quite low on the judicial totem pole. I haven't checked to see whether other cases are reported on the subject but that would have to be done before the issue could be considered beyond legal dispute.

Guest Hester Prin

The case raises an interesting point but it hardly ends the discussion, as you claim it does. This is a single decision from an Administrative Law Judge, who is quite low on the judicial totem pole. I haven't checked to see whether other cases are reported on the subject but that would have to be done before the issue could be considered beyond legal dispute.

If the Fab 5 - or one of their minions - actually pursues this questionable challenge, they better be ready for some heavy push back from the more than 1,800 people who voted for Debbie Lowry. Why wasn't this brought up BEFORE the election? Why wait until the election results are in? Because their boy Castelli got his ass handed to him (and rightly so)? Sore losers trying to hold on to their majority. Hope all of this is a lot of baseless rumors. I'd like to think that grown men wouldn't stoop so low, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

If the Fab 5 - or one of their minions - actually pursues this questionable challenge, they better be ready for some heavy push back from the more than 1,800 people who voted for Debbie Lowry. Why wasn't this brought up BEFORE the election? Why wait until the election results are in? Because their boy Castelli got his ass handed to him (and rightly so)? Sore losers trying to hold on to their majority. Hope all of this is a lot of baseless rumors. I'd like to think that grown men wouldn't stoop so low, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

I wouldn't put anything past the stooges. Fortunately, they don't have the brains to know how to mount a legal challenge. Fortunate in the sense of sparing us the trouble. Apparently, the issue was addressed already, before Debbie got in the race.

Guest Push comes to shove

Actually the 1800 people who voted for her should be pissed off she tried to get over on them and violate LAW. A school board attorney ran with her and you mean to tell me she did not know. This is typical of the machine.........we can do what we want!

By the way, have her talk to jim doran about his actions over the past year against fellow board members for no reason, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Guest In the Know

You can't make illegal conduct legal by arguing that this should have been raised earlier. It doesn't work that way. If Lowry is ineligible as a matter of law, then she's ineligible period. Considering control of the Board is at stake with her election (or not), this will be an issue. In addition to the "Fab 5" challenging Lowry's eligibility, I wouldn't be surprised if Mayor Santos does the same.

Actually the 1800 people who voted for her should be pissed off she tried to get over on them and violate LAW. A school board attorney ran with her and you mean to tell me she did not know. This is typical of the machine.........we can do what we want!

By the way, have her talk to jim doran about his actions over the past year against fellow board members for no reason, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

SHE (meaning Cecilia Lindenfelser, right?) is not a school board attorney. And your use of "good for the goose, good for the gander" implies revenge or retribution. Is that what this is all about? Cause when it came to VIOLATING LAW, the BOYS had no problem going against the superintendent's recommendation to reappoint Baumgartner and Hoff. Now that one's headed for court. Ka-ching. More $$$$ for the Board's attorney I guess & the taxpayer picks up the tab. What a joke. What a mess.

Guest Reasonable Man

SHE (meaning Cecilia Lindenfelser, right?) is not a school board attorney. And your use of "good for the goose, good for the gander" implies revenge or retribution. Is that what this is all about? Cause when it came to VIOLATING LAW, the BOYS had no problem going against the superintendent's recommendation to reappoint Baumgartner and Hoff. Now that one's headed for court. Ka-ching. More $$$$ for the Board's attorney I guess & the taxpayer picks up the tab. What a joke. What a mess.

Sounds like you're as bad as the ones you criticize. It's okay for you to violate the law because you think the King/O'Malley faction did the same? That makes you as bad as them.

Sounds like you're as bad as the ones you criticize. It's okay for you to violate the law because you think the King/O'Malley faction did the same? That makes you as bad as them.

If that's what he/she was saying, you might have a point; but that's not what he/she said. Read it again.

Huh? Who's violated the law here? Certainly not me and it's interesting to see you tend to think that King/O'Malley did. As far as the Lowry thing, all I see is a lot of blah, blah, blah on here and a lot of speculation. It remains to be seen if there has in fact been any violation at all.

Guest No Violation

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about, thus the misinformation that is put out for the average person to be misled. Going against the superintendents recommendation is NOT a violation of ANY LAW. Any Board member has the right NOT to agree with the Superintendent. The Super is the only employee that reports directly to the Board. If a member/or members have been told over a long period of time that an employee is a detriment to the district and is not doing a good job, thus effecting the students, who are suppose to be what is paramount, and than a Super recommends this employee/employees for renewal something is WRONG. I applaud anyone who is willing to do what is right and not just go with the flow, especially when politics are played into Board decisions.

Guest Reality Check

Huh? Who's violated the law here? Certainly not me and it's interesting to see you tend to think that King/O'Malley did. As far as the Lowry thing, all I see is a lot of blah, blah, blah on here and a lot of speculation. It remains to be seen if there has in fact been any violation at all.

She is ineligible as a matter of law. It's only a question of who brings the challenge and when it will be done. Both sides are preparing for that outcome.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about, thus the misinformation that is put out for the average person to be misled. Going against the superintendents recommendation is NOT a violation of ANY LAW. Any Board member has the right NOT to agree with the Superintendent. The Super is the only employee that reports directly to the Board. If a member/or members have been told over a long period of time that an employee is a detriment to the district and is not doing a good job, thus effecting the students, who are suppose to be what is paramount, and than a Super recommends this employee/employees for renewal something is WRONG. I applaud anyone who is willing to do what is right and not just go with the flow, especially when politics are played into Board decisions.

Bullshit. And the reason it is bullshit is that it will end up in court because uninformed, clueless board of ed members shouldn't be allowed to - in most cases - overrule the professionals. See, that's the difference. You would like to make it sound that all this backlash is just political, when in fact the board members in question who "ruled" didn't then and STILL DON'T have the expertise, knowledge or experience to second guess the experts. So let's waste the taxpayers dollars again just so these guys can have a pissing contest and throw their (useless) weight around for whatever reasons they've convinced themselves are noble. They're not noble reasons and the people who made them aren't doing so for the right reasons. They're an embarrassment to this town and they should be impeached.

Guest Perform or Go

Bullshit. And the reason it is bullshit is that it will end up in court because uninformed, clueless board of ed members shouldn't be allowed to - in most cases - overrule the professionals. See, that's the difference. You would like to make it sound that all this backlash is just political, when in fact the board members in question who "ruled" didn't then and STILL DON'T have the expertise, knowledge or experience to second guess the experts. So let's waste the taxpayers dollars again just so these guys can have a pissing contest and throw their (useless) weight around for whatever reasons they've convinced themselves are noble. They're not noble reasons and the people who made them aren't doing so for the right reasons. They're an embarrassment to this town and they should be impeached.

What's an embarrassment to this town and our students is 6 figure administrators who are terrible at what they do or don't do!!!! Do away with tenure and rate everyone on how they perform, than you will see how quick their lazy asses change.

Guest I Double Dare Ya

What's an embarrassment to this town and our students is 6 figure administrators who are terrible at what they do or don't do!!!! Do away with tenure and rate everyone on how they perform, than you will see how quick their lazy asses change.

Wanna name names? You're such an expert on ALL the administrators. Go ahead. Give names. This is all anonymous. Go ahead, you obviously have something on your mind. Go there. Tell all.

Guest Take your Meds, please

Wanna name names? You're such an expert on ALL the administrators. Go ahead. Give names. This is all anonymous. Go ahead, you obviously have something on your mind. Go there. Tell all.

Wow, are you shaking !!!! Take your meds man !!!! Nobody said anything about "all", read the post dude !!!