A message of support for Matthew LaClair

Guest S

Guest a proud american
Kool-aid alert  !!

62347[/snapback]

It seems to me a while back I read one of your posts that said (sic) that you would never let your children look at either the FFR or People for the American Way web site.

How truly sad this is that you would prefer to raise your children to be as ignorant of the issues as you are.

To not have an opportunity to form their own opinions right or wrong almost certainly guarantees that they will never hear a dissenting opinion. What are you so afraid of? That they may grow up with the ability to decide for themselves what they should believe?

I grew up in an environment where we were given our opinions and what was believed to be right and wrong and it didn't work out so well. In spite of this I was still able to learn that a person can never learn unless they are exposed to both sides. Your comments are indicitive of the religious neo-con mentality and sadly, as an educated person you should know better.

But they're your children and you may raise them in any fashion you so desire.

You can actually learn something from PAW.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me a while back I read one of your posts that said (sic) that you would never let your children look at either the FFR or People for the American Way web site.

. . .

You can actually learn something from PAW.

70109[/snapback]

Always the optimist, Proud American. But I'm afraid in this case you're quite wrong; 2dim and Patrat are beyond help. Their minds ossified some time ago . . . witness the resurgence of this "Kool-aid alert" nonsense.

You and I can learn something at the PAW site. But 2dim? No, I don't think so. His learning curve has flatlined.

Leigh

Guest 2smart4u
Always the optimist, Proud American.  But I'm afraid in this case you're quite wrong; 2dim and Patrat are beyond help.  Their minds ossified some time ago . . . witness the resurgence of this "Kool-aid alert" nonsense.

You and I can learn something at the PAW site.  But 2dim?  No, I don't think so.  His learning curve has flatlined.

Leigh

70433[/snapback]

I'm sure I'm better educated than you, have a higher I.Q. than you, hold a better position than you and make more money than you. I'm also a Republican

( which proves right there that I'm smarter) and I contribute to the next president,

Rudy Giuliani. You and Proud American keep reading the LoonyLeft bloggers and dreaming of the Ice Princess becoming president.

I'm sure I'm better educated than you, have a higher I.Q. than you, hold a better position than you and make more money than you.

70701[/snapback]

Most unlikely, at least for the first three. I'm speaking statistically here, particularly in regard to our respective IQs. As to the fourth, my mother taught me that is vulgar to discuss money with strangers.

But in any case, do you really associate your value as human being with your job title and salary? How sad.

Leigh

Guest a proud american
I'm sure I'm better educated than you, have a higher I.Q. than you, hold a better position than you and make more money than you. I'm also a Republican

( which proves right there that I'm smarter) and I contribute to the next president,

Rudy Giuliani. You and Proud American keep reading the LoonyLeft bloggers and dreaming of the Ice Princess becoming president.

70701[/snapback]

If you are better educated than I am you certainly haven't shown it. If your IQ is higher than mine, you certainly haven't shown it and for all we know you could be working at Wal-Mart or a gas station.

But what convinces me that you're deluded is that you admit to being a republican who contributes to the 9/11 kid. So far the ice queen as you call her is beating all of the candidates especially Rudy. So much for being smarter. He wants to continue the Bush legacy, so much for your IQ. But one question, why does he need Mukasey's son to monitor what Bernie Kerick is up to?

But you have given me enough information to realize you're the clown who was asked to leave the Kearny Alumni site. Am I right? Or do you have a twin.

Most unlikely, at least for the first three.  I'm speaking statistically here, particularly in regard to our respective IQs.  As to the fourth, my mother taught me that is vulgar to discuss money with strangers.

But in any case, do you really associate your value as human being with your job title and salary?  How sad.

Leigh

71390[/snapback]

I think Leigh just got a case of the vapors.

For anyone who wishes to see Matthew's address in Wisconsin (October 13), here is the link. You can also see other addresses, including an excellent one (in my opinion) by comedienne Julia Sweeney.

Click here: 'FFRF 07 Conference Footage' by Wisconsin Eye - RichardDawkins.net

Hmmmm - looking at how this previews, it may or not work. Let's give it a try.

70701[/snapback]

You're so smart you've invented your own rules of grammar, I take it?

Those who have supported Matthew will be delighted to read this. Those who have not are invited to skip it.

Last evening, Matthew received the James Madison Religious Liberty Award at the Center for Inquiry Conference, held at the New York Academy of Sciences facility at 7 World Trade Center. I thought this was a student award, but it's not. It's given annually to one person "in Recognition of Outstanding Commitment to the First Amendment and to Liberty of Thought and Conscience." Previous recipients have included Rev. Barry Lynn, Executive Director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State (the next assembly speaker at KHS on these subjects) and Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz.

Present and speaking were luminaries including the astrophysicist and head of the Hayden Planetarium Neil DeGrasse Tyson; Carl Sagan's wife, the author Ann Druyen (she co-authored and produced Cosmos with him); and the author Wendy Kaminer, who introduced Matthew for his award. As each of these speakers took the stage, they were greeted with hearty applause. When Matthew was introduced, the entire audience stood.

I am grateful to the many people who have supported Matthew, and am proud to say that on top of everything else, he takes it all with more equanimity than I do. Congratulations from a proud dad, Matthew. Superbly well done.

I think Jefferson would cringe to know that his name was associated with this.

72718[/snapback]

You mean the same Jefferson that was so put off by all of the supernatural stuff in the Bible that he wrote his own version that omitted every last miracle and instance of divine intervention? The same Jefferson who said this?

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. (emphasis added)

Why, exactly, do you think he would cringe?

For anyone who wishes to see Matthew's address in Wisconsin (October 13), here is the link. You can also see other addresses, including an excellent one (in my opinion) by comedienne Julia Sweeney.

Click here: 'FFRF 07 Conference Footage' by Wisconsin Eye - RichardDawkins.net

Hmmmm - looking at how this previews, it may or not work. Let's give it a try.

72188[/snapback]

Yeah, it didn't work, as I'm sure you noticed.

However, this works--edited it down myself to just Matthew's part. It's a much smaller file as a result, and also can be saved to the hard drive. :lol:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TAKL2S1

Guest 2smart4u
Those who have supported Matthew will be delighted to read this. Those who have not are invited to skip it.

Last evening, Matthew received the James Madison Religious Liberty Award at the Center for Inquiry Conference, held at the New York Academy of Sciences facility at 7 World Trade Center. I thought this was a student award, but it's not. It's given annually to one person "in Recognition of Outstanding Commitment to the First Amendment and to Liberty of Thought and Conscience." Previous recipients have included Rev. Barry Lynn, Executive Director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State (the next assembly speaker at KHS on these subjects) and Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz.

Present and speaking were luminaries including the astrophysicist and head of the Hayden Planetarium Neil DeGrasse Tyson; Carl Sagan's wife, the author Ann Druyen (she co-authored and produced Cosmos with him); and the author Wendy Kaminer, who introduced Matthew for his award. As each of these speakers took the stage, they were greeted with hearty applause. When Matthew was introduced, the entire audience stood.

I am grateful to the many people who have supported Matthew, and am proud to say that on top of everything else, he takes it all with more equanimity than I do. Congratulations from a proud dad, Matthew. Superbly well done.

72990[/snapback]

Alan Dershowitz and Barry Lynn are two radical left Kool-aid drinkers. I

wouldn't be in the same building with them.

72990[/snapback]

And congratulations from a total stranger. Superbly well done.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
Alan Dershowitz and Barry Lynn are two radical left Kool-aid drinkers. I

wouldn't be in the same building with them.

73219[/snapback]

I would think someone as highly educated as yourself would be able to string together a sentence without using the phrase "Kool-aid" everytime.

I would to know just exacly where you were educated and what type of degree(s) did you earn.

Care to elaborate?

You mean the same Jefferson that was so put off by all of the supernatural stuff in the Bible that he wrote his own version that omitted every last miracle and instance of divine intervention? The same Jefferson who said this?

Why, exactly, do you think he would cringe?

73136[/snapback]

Yes, that's the one. The same man that owned slaves and wrote about all men being created equal, and "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights". He couldn't resolve this issue in his mind either.

Somehow I don't see Jefferson as being interested in all of this self serving, pat yourself on the back, hero nonsense that we've seen with this issue.

Yes, that's the one.  The same man that owned slaves and wrote about all men being created equal, and "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights".  He couldn't resolve this issue in his mind either.

I think you're unaware that Jefferson was a Deist. This means that he believed in God, but did not believe that God has an active role in people's lives, nor that he intervenes in any way following the initial creation. I'm not seeing a conflict here--the whole thing with the Jefferson Bible and wall of separation etc. does not contradict the tenets of Deism in any way. Of course, if you were totally ignorant of Jefferson's beliefs, that would be an easy mistake to make.

Somehow I don't see Jefferson as being interested in all of this self serving, pat yourself on the back, hero nonsense that we've seen with this issue.

73450[/snapback]

Jefferson was very clear about his desire for religion and state not to mix. He would have no problem with Matthew's actions. Also, don't forget that the whole self-serving thing is entirely a product of your imagination and bias. :)

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is the right weblog for anybody who desires to seek out out about this topic. You understand so much its virtually exhausting to argue with you (not that I actually would need…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just great!

• 3 months later...