Mayor' BOE Ticket

Guest Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest In the Know

LOL! Campbell ran against Mayor Santos twice and lost twice. Castelli ran for Council against the Mayor's ticket and lost twice. Why not throw in John Leadbeater for good measure, who ran against the Mayor three times and lost three times!

I heard the Mayor say he is supporting candidates who have NO affiliation with the current insanity on the Board of Education and that he will blame BOTH sides for falling test scores, personnel decisions based on personal agendas and the mismanaged high school and Midland Avenue projects. There are ten candidates running -- I have my suspicions on who he's supporting. I'm reserving judgment until I hear more because I think the challenge Mayor Santos presents, if he truly gets involved, will increase public awareness of the importance of the Board of Education when voters go to the polls in November. Keep in mind that there's never before been a Board of Education election in November when voter turnout will probably be 8 times the voter turnout in past Kearny Board of Education elections held in April.

LOL! Campbell ran against Mayor Santos twice and lost twice. Castelli ran for Council against the Mayor's ticket and lost twice. Why not throw in John Leadbeater for good measure, who ran against the Mayor three times and lost three times!

I heard the Mayor say he is supporting candidates who have NO affiliation with the current insanity on the Board of Education and that he will blame BOTH sides for falling test scores, personnel decisions based on personal agendas and the mismanaged high school and Midland Avenue projects. There are ten candidates running -- I have my suspicions on who he's supporting. I'm reserving judgment until I hear more because I think the challenge Mayor Santos presents, if he truly gets involved, will increase public awareness of the importance of the Board of Education when voters go to the polls in November. Keep in mind that there's never before been a Board of Education election in November when voter turnout will probably be 8 times the voter turnout in past Kearny Board of Education elections held in April.

Do you want to expand on the mismanged high school and Midland Avenue projects?

Guest In The Know Too

What's the cost of the Midland Avenue project, with acquisition, cleanup and renovation costs added up? $2 million for how many classrooms and offices to be located in that building? (Those grant funds could have been used elsewhere.)

As to the high school project, those issues will come to light soon.

Guest Ruby Red

If I was John Campbell, Paul Castelli and Police officer Martin I would pull out of the election just to save face. The message to the Fab 5 this November will be get the hell out of our town! Vote for Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran.

Guest Hester Prin, Jr.

What's the cost of the Midland Avenue project, with acquisition, cleanup and renovation costs added up? $2 million for how many classrooms and offices to be located in that building? (Those grant funds could have been used elsewhere.)

As to the high school project, those issues will come to light soon.

Oh do tell, Carnac the magnificent. Oh Yoda. Oh wise prophet. Teach us with your knowledge of all things fantastical!

Guest Ruby Red

If I was John Campbell, Paul Castelli and Police officer Martin I would pull out of the election just to save face. The message to the Fab 5 this November will be get the hell out of our town! Vote for Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran.

I agree they really should concede. I too was a Fab 5 supporter but now I will vote for Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran. These five men have been an atrocity to our public schools to say the least. They have made damages that will take a very long time to correct and created wounds within the district that are going to take years to heal. No superintendent except a self serving one, poor test scores across the board and horrible morale within the total Kearny Public school staff. The word around town is that they must go. Even many of the kearny Police Officers in town that I have spoken to have stated that they are a total embarrassment to them and the community. It's fair to say that the Police, fire and teachers in town are NOT supporting any of the Fab 5.

Guest In the Know Too

Oh do tell, Carnac the magnificent. Oh Yoda. Oh wise prophet. Teach us with your knowledge of all things fantastical!

So you attack me and not tell us what factually is wrong in the posting? That tells me you're worried.

Prove me wrong. Tell me the building on Midland didn't cost $1 million (WITHOUT clean up and renovation). Tell me that the clean up and renovation costs are not mind boggling for a building of that size. How many offices will be in there, is it just 3 or just 4 (and their secretaries)? The sad reality is that the Kearny school district may not be able to put any classrooms in there, not even the pre-K program, even though that was the purported reason for the excessive purchase price of that building. Why did the Kearny Board of Education, including Doran, Board Attorney Lindenfelser, and former Superintendent DiGesere approve that purchase in 2010?

I understand some of those grant funds were used elsewhere . . . how do you think the Franklin field was resurfaced? The funding for the reno of the midland avenue building was tied into the field renovations, isn't that right Mr. "In the Know Too"? Or maybe you don't know all you think you know.

So you attack me and not tell us what factually is wrong in the posting? That tells me you're worried.

Prove me wrong. Tell me the building on Midland didn't cost $1 million (WITHOUT clean up and renovation). Tell me that the clean up and renovation costs are not mind boggling for a building of that size. How many offices will be in there, is it just 3 or just 4 (and their secretaries)? The sad reality is that the Kearny school district may not be able to put any classrooms in there, not even the pre-K program, even though that was the purported reason for the excessive purchase price of that building. Why did the Kearny Board of Education, including Doran, Board Attorney Lindenfelser, and former Superintendent DiGesere approve that purchase in 2010?

Digesere had nothing to do with buying that property. It was bought when Bob Mooney was superintendent, long before Digesire came back to Kearny. The plans for the building are to put the entire central office in there which includes supt office staff, business office staff, 2 directors of curriculum, director of federal funds, the special services department and the residency office, along with classrooms. You could always check if anything has changed with the original plans by talking to a board member who should know what's going on. Unless you ARE a board member, in which case you must be absolutely 100% correct. LOL

Guest 12stepboe

I agree they really should concede. I too was a Fab 5 supporter but now I will vote for Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran. These five men have been an atrocity to our public schools to say the least. They have made damages that will take a very long time to correct and created wounds within the district that are going to take years to heal. No superintendent except a self serving one, poor test scores across the board and horrible morale within the total Kearny Public school staff. The word around town is that they must go. Even many of the kearny Police Officers in town that I have spoken to have stated that they are a total embarrassment to them and the community. It's fair to say that the Police, fire and teachers in town are NOT supporting any of the Fab 5.

Yeah they should concede. John Campbell is a mumbo jumbo cambo, and Paul Castelli is never even *****. Vote for Lindenfelser Lowry and Doran. Edited by KOTW
Content

Guest Just the facts Jack

o.k. The building on Midland didn't cost $1 million. Look it up. It didn't. So, In the Know Too, what now? You've been shot down on the original cost of the building, the amount of offices planned, the fact that there will be classrooms, and the fact that Digesere didn't have anything to do with buying it. Check and checkmate. Got any other fables you'd like to spin?

Guest In the Know Too

Digesere had nothing to do with buying that property. It was bought when Bob Mooney was superintendent, long before Digesire came back to Kearny. The plans for the building are to put the entire central office in there which includes supt office staff, business office staff, 2 directors of curriculum, director of federal funds, the special services department and the residency office, along with classrooms. You could always check if anything has changed with the original plans by talking to a board member who should know what's going on. Unless you ARE a board member, in which case you must be absolutely 100% correct. LOL

That's nervous laughter on your part. You still haven't answered the question of the cost for that building (acquisition, cleanup and renovation).

BTW, I am right about this being Digesere's baby -- he became superintendent in 2009. When was that property acquired by the Kearny BOE?

That's nervous laughter on your part. You still haven't answered the question of the cost for that building (acquisition, cleanup and renovation).

BTW, I am right about this being Digesere's baby -- he became superintendent in 2009. When was that property acquired by the Kearny BOE?

Yeah, I'm laughing, but it ain't nervous laughter. YOU said the COST of the building was $1 million. WRONG. YOU said the cost of the building with reno & clean-up is $2 million. WRONG. YOU said this is Digesere's baby. WRONG. He didn't become superintendent in 2009. He came back to Kearny as superintendent in November, 2010. YOU say a lot of things but you can't back any of it up. So yeah, I'M LAUGHING. At fools like you who believe anything they're told without fact checking.

Guest In the Know Too

o.k. The building on Midland didn't cost $1 million. Look it up. It didn't. So, In the Know Too, what now? You've been shot down on the original cost of the building, the amount of offices planned, the fact that there will be classrooms, and the fact that Digesere didn't have anything to do with buying it. Check and checkmate. Got any other fables you'd like to spin?

No I haven't. The below is from the County Tax Board public web site. As you can see the building sale closed in 2010, when Frank DiGesere was Superintendent. You will also notice the purchase price of $975,000. That does not include the realty transfer fee and the Board's attorney costs. That gets you to $1 million. This is a 60 by 100 foot lot with a two story structure that was purchasd by the City of Hope's school a decade ago for 1/3 the price that the Kearny Board of Education paid for it in 2010, which was one of the worst years in memory in the real estate market. Those are just the facts. The fable part is coming from you in trying to defend the purchase and those involved, DiGesere, Doran and K. Lindenfelser.

Sr1a Date Book Page Price NU# Ratio Grantee More Info 05/30/03 7064 201 0 17 0 CITY OF INTERNATIONAL CHURCH More Info 04/09/10 8728 450 975000 17 24.05 KEARNY BD OF EDUCATION

Guest soberwatch

Yeah they should concede. John Campbell is a mumbo jumbo cambo, and Paul Castelli is never even *****. Vote for Lindenfelser Lowry and Doran.

Yeah, Who needs a drunk on the BOE??? Vote for Lindenfelser. Lowry. and Doran...People who are educated, articulated and sober! Edited by KOTW
KOTW post allowed because candidate to elected office. The fact that the post was allowed should not be taken to mean it is true.

No I haven't. The below is from the County Tax Board public web site. As you can see the building sale closed in 2010, when Frank DiGesere was Superintendent. You will also notice the purchase price of $975,000. That does not include the realty transfer fee and the Board's attorney costs. That gets you to $1 million. This is a 60 by 100 foot lot with a two story structure that was purchasd by the City of Hope's school a decade ago for 1/3 the price that the Kearny Board of Education paid for it in 2010, which was one of the worst years in memory in the real estate market. Those are just the facts. The fable part is coming from you in trying to defend the purchase and those involved, DiGesere, Doran and K. Lindenfelser.

Sr1a Date Book Page Price NU# Ratio Grantee More Info 05/30/03 7064 201 0 17 0 CITY OF INTERNATIONAL CHURCH More Info 04/09/10 8728 450 975000 17 24.05 KEARNY BD OF EDUCATION

Was I trying to defend the purchase? No, I was pointing out the inaccuracies of your post. And I still maintain the COST of the building was not $1 million & you can add all the other ancillary costs after the $975,000, but the COST of the building was not 1 million. And I say, once again, that Digesere had nothing to do with the purchase of that building. Nothing. Don't care how you spin it. Nothing.

Guest Fed up

Was I trying to defend the purchase? No, I was pointing out the inaccuracies of your post. And I still maintain the COST of the building was not $1 million & you can add all the other ancillary costs after the $975,000, but the COST of the building was not 1 million. And I say, once again, that Digesere had nothing to do with the purchase of that building. Nothing. Don't care how you spin it. Nothing.

SPIN IT. Hey moron they are the facts.

Guest Calling You Out Again

The sale CLOSED on April 9, 2010 when Frank DiGesere WAS Superintendent.

Now that you acknowledge it's $1 million (after you tried to get away with a lie while accusing me of being untruthful), how much is the clean up and renovation? (Be truthful and do no lie or, to use your term, "spin", since it's all public record).

Guest In the Know Too

Fact One: The Midland Avenue buliding sale cosed on April 9, 2010. Frank DiGesere became Superintendent in November 2009. To say DiGesere had nothing to do with it is preposterous. He had to approve the sale and sign the closing documents. The Board of Education lawyer had to review the documents. The members of the Board of Education had to approve the purchase.

Fact Two: Try as you might, the Kearny Board of Education does not live in an imaginary world of no closing costs. To purchase this WHITE ELEPHANT on Midland Avenue, the Board of Education had to pay for the purchase price AND its closing costs. Unless the BOE's attorney on the transaction worked for free, or there was no realty transfer tax, or there was no recording fee, or no surveying cost, or no title insurance cost, then you might have a minimal basis for your point that it didn't cost $1 million. The sad truth is that it did cost over $1 million and we're now stuck with this monstrosity.

Fact Three: There is a sizeable clean up and renovation price tag ON TOP of the $1 million purchase price on this building. It's another $1 million, bringing the cost to over $2 million.

Opinion One: $2 million for a two story structure on a 60 by 100 foot lot on Midland Avenue in Kearny, during one of the worst real estate markets in memory, has got to be the most over-priced transaction in Kearny history.

Opinion Two: Those responsible for this WHITE ELEPHANT must and will be held accountable at the polls and otherwise.

The sale CLOSED on April 9, 2010 when Frank DiGesere WAS Superintendent.

Now that you acknowledge it's $1 million (after you tried to get away with a lie while accusing me of being untruthful), how much is the clean up and renovation? (Be truthful and do no lie or, to use your term, "spin", since it's all public record).

Listen, I don't know any different way to say the same things. Midland Avenue purchase was Mooney's baby. Digesere was not a party to that purchase. I never acknowledged the cost as $1 million. And if the clean up and renovation costs are all public record, look it up yourself.

Guest In the Know Three

Listen, I don't know any different way to say the same things. Midland Avenue purchase was Mooney's baby. Digesere was not a party to that purchase. I never acknowledged the cost as $1 million. And if the clean up and renovation costs are all public record, look it up yourself.

Not a single classroom can go in that building. Clean up costs will exceed $300,000 and renovation costs are unknown. What a boondoggle. Which Board attorney signed off on the appraisal? Why didn't DiGesere stop the purchase, it happened on his watch (6 months after his becoming Superintendent). Was DiGesere too enamored of the idea of a middle school at Franklin at the time?

Not a single classroom can go in that building. Clean up costs will exceed $300,000 and renovation costs are unknown. What a boondoggle. Which Board attorney signed off on the appraisal? Why didn't DiGesere stop the purchase, it happened on his watch (6 months after his becoming Superintendent). Was DiGesere too enamored of the idea of a middle school at Franklin at the time?

Looked up some of those "public records" you were squawking about. the boe put the money for the purchase of the building and the $$ to reno space at franklin into classrooms in the 09-10 budget & that budget was approved by the taxpayers of this town in April of 2009. Since DiGesere didn't get appointed until June of 2009, looks like he had nothing to do with the plans to buy it. And who says you can't put classrooms in the building? Got some inside information you care to share?