Is this the best we can do?

Guest guest

Guest Guest
Moron? Supposedly the VP has solid credentials, except for his episode at the Grateful Dead. With regard to the board and the superintendent, ask yourself this - Does a doctor have to have had a disease to be able to treat patients? Of course not nor does having a child automatically qualify a person to raise one. With regard to the new VP, ask yourself this - if a doctor had a disease and cured it, could the doctor be in a better position to help and understand others if the person were honest with him or her self? Absolutely! So if the new VP has changed for the better and is honest. then we should not throw stones!!!
Moron? Supposedly the VP has solid credentials, except for his episode at the Grateful Dead. With regard to the board and the superintendent, ask yourself this - Does a doctor have to have had a disease to be able to treat patients? Of course not nor does having a child automatically qualify a person to raise one. With regard to the new VP, ask yourself this - if a doctor had a disease and cured it, could the doctor be in a better position to help and understand others if the person were honest with him or her self? Absolutely! So if the new VP has changed for the better and is honest. then we should not throw stones!!!

What if he is not totally cured, and spreads the disease? What are your credentials to prove he is cured? You seem very familiar with him. Just what is your relationship with him? I hope you are not a member of the BOE trying to justify your outlandish decision to hire him, because as any parent can tell you it is indefensible.

Guest Guest

Moron? Supposedly the VP has solid credentials, except for his episode at the Grateful Dead.

With regard to the board and the superintendent, ask yourself this - Does a doctor have to have had a disease to be able to treat patients? Of course not nor does having a child automatically qualify a person to raise one.

With regard to the new VP, ask yourself this - if a doctor had a disease and cured it, could the doctor be in a better position to help and understand others if the person were honest with him or her self? Absolutely! So if the new VP has changed for the better and is honest. then we should not throw stones!!!

• yes, he's a moron, check into his charter school! as if peeing on people isn't enough evidence already.
  • and clearly, so are you! you seem to know him since you think he's so honest and changed for the better, tell him we don't want him and he should just go away! you probably work for the BOE, so you can go away too!
  • Thanks!

Guest Shirley Temple

What if he is not totally cured, and spreads the disease? What are your credentials to prove he is cured? You seem very familiar with him. Just what is your relationship with him? I hope you are not a member of the BOE trying to justify your outlandish decision to hire him, because as any parent can tell you it is indefensible.

How do you spread alcoholism? It's pretty prevalent already! I commend the guy for staying sober while haqving to defend himself four years after the fact.

Guest Mr. Truth

Moron? Supposedly the VP has solid credentials, except for his episode at the Grateful Dead.

With regard to the board and the superintendent, ask yourself this - Does a doctor have to have had a disease to be able to treat patients? Of course not nor does having a child automatically qualify a person to raise one.

With regard to the new VP, ask yourself this - if a doctor had a disease and cured it, could the doctor be in a better position to help and understand others if the person were honest with him or her self? Absolutely! So if the new VP has changed for the better and is honest. then we should not throw stones!!!

• yes, he's a moron, check into his charter school! as if peeing on people isn't enough evidence already.
  • and clearly, so are you! you seem to know him since you think he's so honest and changed for the better, tell him we don't want him and he should just go away! you probably work for the BOE, so you can go away too!
  • Thanks!

I'd love to peek into your closet. As for going away, weaklings like you could only wish to have the courage to overcome a personal set back. I don't want you to go away; I want you to stay and argue so that sensible people could see how "perfect" and intolerent you really are and how weak is your prejudice. How about that?

Guest Guest

Forget the guy. Look at the reasons behind the defense and attack. Defenders say the guy deseerves a chance. Attackers say what he did does not deseerve a second chance. OK. Why? The attackers arguments seem less convincing to me.

Guest Guest
Forget the guy. Look at the reasons behind the defense and attack. Defenders say the guy deseerves a chance. Attackers say what he did does not deseerve a second chance. OK. Why? The attackers arguments seem less convincing to me.

I agree with you 100%. If the Board of Education and the parents of the students want a guy who got drunk and peed on people to be a vice principal in the school system, they deserve him. This really says something about our town. Nuff said.

Guest Guest

The very fact that there is a fairly vibrant debate on this person raises the question of the opportunity cost of his hiring.

The position had to be posted right? What other candidates were there? How many and what were their credentials? Do we think it was likely that a better candidate submitted for the position? If nothing else, the Board could be asked to explain at the next meeting what other candidates submitted for the position. Not by name, but general details. For example: "We had 11 candidates submit for the position. Candidate 1 has Degree X and Y, worked for 11 years in Position Z, has absolutely no criminal record. Candidate 2 ___. ... We interviewed candidates 1, 5, and 6. ... We have decided on (this person who was arrested for public urination) as he has the strongest academic and professional background and performed best in interviews."

Ultimately would this help? Probably not as the decision was likely politically motivated and the Board would just say this candidate is the strongest. But at least a veneer of openness and accountability would be nice. In reality I suspect this position was awarded by a Superintendent with aspirations to the County Superintendent position. Now that Superintendent pay is capped by district size in NJ, this Superintendent needs to become the County Superintendent to receive a pay raise. What better way to get the political support needed for that position than to hire a Jersey City Councilman. Well played Superintendent Doran. Too bad the residents lose out.

Guest Concerned Parent on  PTA

Just an educated form of moral ethics here Pull up a chair kiddies, and get a little schooled here.! Ron Shields has an impeccable track record in Education, He is also a stand up guy and very fair. He surrounds himself with top rate teachers in most caes, that share the same basic ideas about Education and caring for the kids. .Could this appointment be a way of coaxing a great man into retirement?

2 All of the current High school parents have also been educated by Mr Shields so they trust him with their kids.

3. The vice principal usually mirrors the principal in most facets and beliefs Mr Kearney and Mr Doffont were perfect vice principals because they had the same moral compass as Mr Shields..

4.How disgusted would you as parents feel, if you or your spouse had to go to a police station to pick up your son or daughter who was picked up for the crime of assault by urine projectile? I'm sure questions would arise, Why, Why, Where did it come into your head to do something so vile? Imagine if they answered. ''My Vice Principal did it.''

5 That is the biggest reason, any questions?

Guest Guest

Just an educated form of moral ethics here Pull up a chair kiddies, and get a little schooled here.! Ron Shields has an impeccable track record in Education, He is also a stand up guy and very fair. He surrounds himself with top rate teachers in most caes, that share the same basic ideas about Education and caring for the kids. .Could this appointment be a way of coaxing a great man into retirement?

2 All of the current High school parents have also been educated by Mr Shields so they trust him with their kids.

3. The vice principal usually mirrors the principal in most facets and beliefs Mr Kearney and Mr Doffont were perfect vice principals because they had the same moral compass as Mr Shields..

4.How disgusted would you as parents feel, if you or your spouse had to go to a police station to pick up your son or daughter who was picked up for the crime of assault by urine projectile? I'm sure questions would arise, Why, Why, Where did it come into your head to do something so vile? Imagine if they answered. ''My Vice Principal did it.''

5 That is the biggest reason, any questions?

For the sake of an argument,let us assume the chair we are pulling up is a rocking chair. Rock back several years to when the VP was arrested for the disgusting, vile act. The chair cannot stay there so it moves forward. The VP seems to have cleaned up his act and to have the right credentials to qualify for the job. So if my daughter were to have been picked up by the cops for doing the same thing, which I find hard to believe because it would be much harder to do for a girl than a boy, then I would be mortified because it is embarrassing, she should have known about the horrible consequences suffered by the VP and I taught her better. In the back of my head I would be glad she did not do something worse to herself or someone else. It really is silly but forgiveable

Guest Guest
For the sake of an argument,let us assume the chair we are pulling up is a rocking chair. Rock back several years to when the VP was arrested for the disgusting, vile act. The chair cannot stay there so it moves forward. The VP seems to have cleaned up his act and to have the right credentials to qualify for the job. So if my daughter were to have been picked up by the cops for doing the same thing, which I find hard to believe because it would be much harder to do for a girl than a boy, then I would be mortified because it is embarrassing, she should have known about the horrible consequences suffered by the VP and I taught her better. In the back of my head I would be glad she did not do something worse to herself or someone else. It really is silly but forgiveable

Let the people of Harrison decide who used the worse judgement:

A. The vice principal who got intoxicated in public and peed on people.

B. The Board of Education who hired him.

C. The mayor who appointed the members of the board.

Harrison is one of only a handful of municipalities having an appointed BOE. If it was an elected board, parents would have a way to show their displeasure with their bad judgment.

The BOE presently consists of people with a century of education behind them. If this guy did this while he worked for them would they discipline him or ignore his actions

. We need people on the board with common sense, not credentials. All their credentials have done so far is create a money pit that benefits the members and their families.

Guest Happy in Harrison

Harrison is one of only a handful of municipalities having an appointed BOE. If it was an elected board, parents would have a way to show their displeasure with their bad judgment.

The BOE presently consists of people with a century of education behind them. If this guy did this while he worked for them would they discipline him or ignore his actions

. We need people on the board with common sense, not credentials. All their credentials have done so far is create a money pit that benefits the members and their families.

The people have spoken knucklehead! We have a great town, a great Mayor, and great leaders. If you don't like it, MOVE.

Guest Guest

Kearny has an elected board - look over on their board to see how happy the public is with their actions... there should be strict rules regarding the hiring of family within the board of ed.

Guest Guest
Let the people of Harrison decide who used the worse judgement: A. The vice principal who got intoxicated in public and peed on people. B. The Board of Education who hired him. C. The mayor who appointed the members of the board. Harrison is one of only a handful of municipalities having an appointed BOE. If it was an elected board, parents would have a way to show their displeasure with their bad judgment. The BOE presently consists of people with a century of education behind them. If this guy did this while he worked for them would they discipline him or ignore his actions . We need people on the board with common sense, not credentials. All their credentials have done so far is create a money pit that benefits the members and their families.

Let’s not forget the faculty. If you worked for years trying your best to educate the children of Harrison, which includes things like civics and good behavior, wouldn’t hiring a guy like this, to be your boss, be a slap in the face?

Not only did the Board of Education do dirty to the faculty, but also the parents and foremost the children.

I agree with you. It’s time for an elected Board of Education.

Guest Monty Hall

So what now remains to be see is who from Ray McDonough's circle gets hired in Jersey City or County in return for this.

Time will tell soon. The Harrison Mayor is Blagojevich on the Passaic -- wheel and deal. Someone in the McDonough circle will soon be hired at a similar salary in Jersey City or the County.

Guest Alex Trebeck

While were at it, why don't we throw you in the mix:

D. The blogger who makes himself out to be smart but is really dumb.

Complain Complain complain. Big baby!

Guest Hogan's Hero

Let’s not forget the faculty. If you worked for years trying your best to educate the children of Harrison, which includes things like civics and good behavior, wouldn’t hiring a guy like this, to be your boss, be a slap in the face?

Not only did the Board of Education do dirty to the faculty, but also the parents and foremost the children.

I agree with you. It’s time for an elected Board of Education.

OK Boy in the Bubble, you win. Harrison School District should build a dome to encapsulate all its schools, hire Arians and rid the world of the inferior!!! Seig Heil.

It's time for an election when you think you have the right answers, which would be to hire your perfect friends. At least the Superintendent and Board lead by addressing real world issues with real world people, not your Nazi type facist friends who are all perfect. I like the Board just as they are. Let's have an election and vote the same people back.

Guest Lady Gaga

Can we stop pretending that the board of ed is performing a noble act by hiring this man and giving him a "second chance"? It's purely political.

And your criticizing the Board is not? Hypocracisy at its best. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Wolf Bain Capital

Time will tell soon. The Harrison Mayor is Blagojevich on the Passaic -- wheel and deal. Someone in the McDonough circle will soon be hired at a similar salary in Jersey City or the County.

If they are qualified great. Good job Mayor.

Guest Guest
The people have spoken knucklehead! We have a great town, a great Mayor, and great leaders. If you don't like it, MOVE.

Great town, great mayor? Does the fact that they hire people who get drunk and pee on people make them great? Please go to a doctor, you are sick.

Guest Guest
While were at it, why don't we throw you in the mix: D. The blogger who makes himself out to be smart but is really dumb. Complain Complain complain. Big baby!

There are still people living in Harrison that know peeing on people is wrong. Apparently you are not one of them. Neither are the members of the Board of Education.