Is this the best we can do?

Guest guest

Guest Guest

Seems like a small group of narrow-minded, vengeful people have their own agenda and no matter what can be said about the matter, certain minds won't be changed.

The bottom line is that the guy was charged with a misdemeanor (simple assault) four years ago, the NJ Department of Education cleared him to continue working in education, and he worked at night school for a year in Harrison not only without a problem but also with good reviews. Nobody is mentioning his positive achievements. The VP interviewed, was offered the position, took it and deserves the benefit of the doubt. E'nuff said!!!

So people who don't agree with you are "narrow-minded." How very open-minded of you. E'nuff said.

Guest hopotit subsistence

Yes, he does! Have you called the superintendent's office to let him know? I have. 973-483-6400, #6. Or call the Board of Ed: 973-483-6400, #5.

What did Doran tell you? Hopefully it was to get lost!!! You're a nut!!!

Guest Guest

Jack Smith ''Smitty"" here.

973-483-4627 We should all call this number and get to the bottom of this. Thanks for posting this. Resident /parent and A parent have vested interest in the situation Kevin Barber would be a great replacement for Mr Alan Doffont. Mr Barber has been in the Harrison school system for over twenty five years, Damn He actually should run for Mayor. Mayor Kevin Barber. Back to the subject Lets get this matter fixed call 973-483-4627 .

Guest Repulsed and Embarrassed

Narrow minded,vengeful,few.

Once again the question is.IS THIS THE BEST WE COULD DO? This guy whips out his business and pisses on people.You want him dealing your children?I don't.

You want to hire him so badly.Hide him in an office.

This is the best Harrison has to offer.The face of Harrison High School.This is not defensible.

Continue to put the people of Harrison who think this behavior is repulsive on trial.When you get done explain the Create Charter School then we'll know who you are.

IS THIS THE BEST HARRISON CAN DO???

Guest William Street

Narrow minded,vengeful,few.

Once again the question is.IS THIS THE BEST WE COULD DO? This guy whips out his business and pisses on people.You want him dealing your children?I don't.

You want to hire him so badly.Hide him in an office.

This is the best Harrison has to offer.The face of Harrison High School.This is not defensible.

Continue to put the people of Harrison who think this behavior is repulsive on trial.When you get done explain the Create Charter School then we'll know who you are.

IS THIS THE BEST HARRISON CAN DO???

Agreed the behaviour is despicable, but I know a lot of people who know or work with the man and they say he has turned his life around. He has been working in Harrison for the past year and his coworkers say he is great. Obama snorted coke and told the world in his book then he became president. He isn't doing such a bad job.

Guest I. P. Daily

The official beverage served at HHS this coming year will be "MOUNTAIN DEW" in honor of the new VP. This year will be a real "pisser" when the kids tear him apart for his outstanding behavior.

Guest Guest

I know the guy and believe me when I say he ** ***** at ***** * - * ***** a ****. You will shortly see this is a disaster in the making. A huge mistake you shall see. That's my opinion.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Tone C

973-483-4627 We should all call this number and get to the bottom of this. Thanks for posting this. Resident /parent and A parent have vested interest in the situation Kevin Barber would be a great replacement for Mr Alan Doffont. Mr Barber has been in the Harrison school system for over twenty five years, Damn He actually should run for Mayor. Mayor Kevin Barber. Back to the subject Lets get this matter fixed call 973-483-4627 .

Aren't you the same guy who sold his house and is looking to leave Harrison? Kevin Barber is a great guy, but you, my friend, are a hypocrite. Good riddance.

Guest Tone C

The official beverage served at HHS this coming year will be "MOUNTAIN DEW" in honor of the new VP. This year will be a real "pisser" when the kids tear him apart for his outstanding behavior.

Any guy who can urinate on people and survive is pretty tough in my book.

Guest Guest

Agreed the behaviour is despicable, but I know a lot of people who know or work with the man and they say he has turned his life around. He has been working in Harrison for the past year and his coworkers say he is great. Obama snorted coke and told the world in his book then he became president. He isn't doing such a bad job.

What about Bill Clinton? He took out his manhood and did a great job. George W Bush was a drunk up utill his mid to late 40s. He did a great job too. Maybe the new VP can become president? There is something about that Washington DC that makes people do strange things.

Guest taxpayer

Obama never said he snorted coke in his book.Stop makin g stuff up.You agree his behavior is despicable.Maybe he is nice guy,sober..That is no reason to put him out front and represent the community as VP of our high school.The kids know.He is a joke already.There are people in that highschool of exceptional character and are qualified.Were they considered or interviewed ,no

The B.O.E. and Superintendent went outside the district to hire someone who is sure to be an embarrassment whether he cleaned up his act or not.

If he is so good why isn't he working in Jersey City.Somebody owed somebody,but it's our kids and our communities'image that is getting pissed on

Guest Yvette Felerty

973-483-4627 - ask them how many people on the BOE that voted to hire this guy actually have kids in the system. I'm still waiting for a call back!!

The superintendent has a doctorate and the members of the board have over a century worth of educational experience working with our children, so you know better than they do? LOL !!!

Guest Dr. Phil

Unlike you, students are far more understanding and forgiving.

Guest Miles Lane

Sugar Ray McDonough versus Kevin "Boom Boom" Barber? Sugar Ray McDonough retains the belt in the first without even breaking a sweat, and, after Boom Boom comes to, he asks "Smitty", "Which way did he go? Which way did he go?" Call 911, Smitty's at it again.

Guest Guest

Obama never said he snorted coke in his book.Stop makin g stuff up.You agree his behavior is despicable.Maybe he is nice guy,sober..That is no reason to put him out front and represent the community as VP of our high school.The kids know.He is a joke already.There are people in that highschool of exceptional character and are qualified.Were they considered or interviewed ,no

The B.O.E. and Superintendent went outside the district to hire someone who is sure to be an embarrassment whether he cleaned up his act or not.

If he is so good why isn't he working in Jersey City.Somebody owed somebody,but it's our kids and our communities'image that is getting pissed on

Obama never said or wrote he did coke? Wrong!!! Here's the passage from his book, Dreams from My Father, where he discusses his drug use: "I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it." You stop making stuff up!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest changeling

Hey Changeling.... why don't you go to the town meetings and blow your horn there? Have you called anyone from our state government and disussed the issues you constantly post here and tell other people to do? Are you someone, or maybe you have a family member, who might be affected by going public and putting your name out there? Are you in the "IN CROWD"? You can jabber on here all day and nothing will ever get done. Its a Real Shame Changeling!!

you know , i've gone to town meetings, but when i asked a zinger, people get up, and run out! anything i've posted here ....can,t be disputed ! by your responce here , tells me ,my efforts to open up some people to come out of their shells is working. maybe you have some answers to my questions ? no, the political hacks here can't touch me. i don't have anyone working for the town, so i can't be pressured, or intimidated. if you can prove me wrong on anything i've ever posted on K O W i'[ll publically appologize, and make restitution

Guest Harry. J Harrison.

Mountain Dew? Penis exposure? Sounds likeToo many people have too much time on their hands. The BOE should have considered a high school teacher , or high school guidance counselor. Joseph Healy would be a great choice. Maybe all the teachers and high school faculty know what really does on and don't play the game. I'm sure high school parents will have to endure an hour long orientation meeting in September and this sore subject will be discussed. Maybe then this wrongful appointment will be changed and another candidate considered. Smitty ,your out of your element here. Let's put this to rest until September, Until then we should all focus on more current events like the recent property tax hike for starters.

Guest Guest

Mountain Dew? Penis exposure? Sounds likeToo many people have too much time on their hands. The BOE should have considered a high school teacher , or high school guidance counselor. Joseph Healy would be a great choice. Maybe all the teachers and high school faculty know what really does on and don't play the game. I'm sure high school parents will have to endure an hour long orientation meeting in September and this sore subject will be discussed. Maybe then this wrongful appointment will be changed and another candidate considered. Smitty ,your out of your element here. Let's put this to rest until September, Until then we should all focus on more current events like the recent property tax hike for starters.

Yes there are more important matters to worry about! Cool it down Smitty!!!!

Guest Parent

THIS ... "The superintendent has a doctorate and the members of the board have over a century worth of educational experience working with our children, so you know better than they do? LOL !!!"

DOES NOT RESPOND TO THIS ... "973-483-4627 - ask them how many people on the BOE that voted to hire this guy actually have kids in the system. I'm still waiting for a call back!!"

I don't care how many degrees and how many centuries of "experience" the Board has, NONE of them have children in our schools. And anyone who thinks this moron is what's best for our students, either doesn't have a student, or should have their heads checked if they do!!

Guest Guest
How about if we give the guy a chance.

Give him a chance to do what? He was a politician in Jersey City, he blew that, he had charter school, he blew that. He used poor judgement by: one, getting highly intoxicated, two by urinating on people. Does he sound like a person you want teaching your children?

I think someone should look into the Board of Educations hiring practices over the past few years. It is obvious, they have priorities other than providing our children with the best educators possible. This guy is not the only one who showed poor judgement in the past. This is just another case for an elected board of education which will put the education of our children back into the parents hands and out of the political arena.

With tons of state money pouring into our school district, it has become a patronage pit for not only the local politicians but for board members families and friends, including our superintendent of schools.

Guest Guest

THIS ... "The superintendent has a doctorate and the members of the board have over a century worth of educational experience working with our children, so you know better than they do? LOL !!!"

DOES NOT RESPOND TO THIS ... "973-483-4627 - ask them how many people on the BOE that voted to hire this guy actually have kids in the system. I'm still waiting for a call back!!"

I don't care how many degrees and how many centuries of "experience" the Board has, NONE of them have children in our schools. And anyone who thinks this moron is what's best for our students, either doesn't have a student, or should have their heads checked if they do!!

Moron? Supposedly the VP has solid credentials, except for his episode at the Grateful Dead.

With regard to the board and the superintendent, ask yourself this - Does a doctor have to have had a disease to be able to treat patients? Of course not nor does having a child automatically qualify a person to raise one.

With regard to the new VP, ask yourself this - if a doctor had a disease and cured it, could the doctor be in a better position to help and understand others if the person were honest with him or her self? Absolutely! So if the new VP has changed for the better and is honest. then we should not throw stones!!!