Beech St. Fire

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

"It was beyond our capabilities," started the Kearny Fire Chief in the Jersey Journal when speaking about a rather routine 2 family ordinary house fire in Kearny. Maybe Kearny should pass an ordinance requiring all buildings be no higher than 1 story for KFD capability reasons? BY the time the fireman roll out of bed disorientated, sluggish, and still tired any fire would be beyond their capabilities. They should work 8 hour shifts and be required to stay awake. That is a very reasonable request for a DC making $174,000/year. The KFD pushed the panic button and it took 5 towns in Hudson County to squirt water on this isolated two family house fire. In addition, it still took them 3 hours to put it out. Are you going to tell me it takes a town with over $4 million in supervisors salaries alone + benefits and it's fireman to be NOT capable of putting out a simple two family house fire? OMG, how weak is that!! They also needed four other towns to bail them out. They had a full compliment of men and equipment, so why such a poor effort? A while back they stated they trained, "every day." Bad news, the "training" didn't pay off for the people, but the town is sure paying for the salaries and benefits. Incorporating all at this pathetic effort is that it should go down in history as one of the worst attempts at putting out a fire in NJ history.

Sorry that a resident and a fireman got hurt, but if the fireman is not in good enough shape to carry a hose a few feet without hurting his shoulder he needs to find a different welfare job. If there was ever a request for regionalization this event is the poster child. It is NOT a manpower issue, it's a tactical disaster by the KFD while breaking the taxpayers backs with their salaries and benefits. One regional Chief, 1 regional DC, and 3 Captains total for a regional dept. would be cost effective and have a concerted by effort by firemen, and not depts. of 50% supervisors to put out a fire. If the fire was bigger than two stories FDNY would have been called in by these clowns. Those are my opinions.

Guest Kearny Senior

"It was beyond our capabilities," started the Kearny Fire Chief in the Jersey Journal when speaking about a rather routine 2 family ordinary house fire in Kearny. Maybe Kearny should pass an ordinance requiring all buildings be no higher than 1 story for KFD capability reasons? BY the time the fireman roll out of bed disorientated, sluggish, and still tired any fire would be beyond their capabilities. They should work 8 hour shifts and be required to stay awake. That is a very reasonable request for a DC making $174,000/year. The KFD pushed the panic button and it took 5 towns in Hudson County to squirt water on this isolated two family house fire. In addition, it still took them 3 hours to put it out. Are you going to tell me it takes a town with over $4 million in supervisors salaries alone + benefits and it's fireman to be NOT capable of putting out a simple two family house fire? OMG, how weak is that!! They also needed four other towns to bail them out. They had a full compliment of men and equipment, so why such a poor effort? A while back they stated they trained, "every day." Bad news, the "training" didn't pay off for the people, but the town is sure paying for the salaries and benefits. Incorporating all at this pathetic effort is that it should go down in history as one of the worst attempts at putting out a fire in NJ history.

Sorry that a resident and a fireman got hurt, but if the fireman is not in good enough shape to carry a hose a few feet without hurting his shoulder he needs to find a different welfare job. If there was ever a request for regionalization this event is the poster child. It is NOT a manpower issue, it's a tactical disaster by the KFD while breaking the taxpayers backs with their salaries and benefits. One regional Chief, 1 regional DC, and 3 Captains total for a regional dept. would be cost effective and have a concerted by effort by firemen, and not depts. of 50% supervisors to put out a fire. If the fire was bigger than two stories FDNY would have been called in by these clowns. Those are my opinions.

Good old Barney. We can always count on you to share your warm and loving thoughts. Have you beat your wife today?

Guest Guest

So...we have the usual assholes..one a Firefighter hater, one a Cop hater, NEITHER ONE OF WHOM are actually Firefighters or Cops, having their usual Slap-fight...what a bunch of pussies.

Guest Guest

Kearny Senior, please provide your definition of "full complement of men." The Fire Chief said there were insufficient resources, the Mayor has said at meetings that he wishes he could hire more firefighters, but obviously you have greater experience than both of these gentleman.

I know many FD members that were at this fire, you define it as an "ordinary fire", and I can absolutely tell you that this had bizarre specifics behind the extent and severity of the fire. Members of the FD are not allowed to make this info public pending any investigations, so I will not share details with you. At some point, they may appear in the Observer, but not sure.

Your hatred for any of the Town's employees is blinding what little judgement you may have. When you hate so completely, you give someone a great power over you. I suggest you let it go, and LIVE your own life; you may find it much more fulfilling. I seriously doubt that you will, negativity exudes from every word or emotion, but I like to help people, so that's my advice.

Guest Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew

Edited by KOTW
Empty post. Note Guest Poster Not Registered Member

Guest Guest

That was a very informative post by Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew. If you are going to defend the clubhouse little rascals of which your family has drained the towns money by nepotism jobs don't bother. Mr. Pettigrew certainly gets plenty of work as a Kearny fire Captain, Harrison landscaper, and other gig$ totaling major bucks. Thats my opinion. The Pettigrews had had the lockdown on many jobs in both Kearny and Harrison. How you let the Harrison cop (another Pettigrew) get demoted is beyond my reasoning.

Guest Kearny Exit

That was a very informative post by Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew. If you are going to defend the clubhouse little rascals of which your family has drained the towns money by nepotism jobs don't bother. Mr. Pettigrew certainly gets plenty of work as a Kearny fire Captain, Harrison landscaper, and other gig$ totaling major bucks. Thats my opinion. The Pettigrews had had the lockdown on many jobs in both Kearny and Harrison. How you let the Harrison cop (another Pettigrew) get demoted is beyond my reasoning.

It's just window dressing my friend.

Guest Guest

True. Sgt. Sloppy as his peers referred to him as because he came to work in unwashed uniforms with were wrinkled and full of dog hair was a disgrace. His wife must have been proud of his appearance. Good thing ex-councilman party Arty got him promoted before he was kicked out. Lt., then Sgt. sloppy should have been a Patrolman at best along with his sidekick Lt. ****** the dunce who had to wear his college ring to have people think he was educated. Those are my opinions.

Edited by KOTW
Content