ELKS

Guest Chuck

Guest Chuck

Wow what a weekend of drunkness. Can't beleive all the teen drunks and their mothers who let them get like that... I am embarrassed to say I am a member.

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: KOTW has not confirmed the allegations above.

Guest sharon toal

i attended the elks convention this weekend and have to say that i didn't run into the "teen drunks" that you referred to. i did however have the privlidge of seeing some harrison teens show extreme kindness and empathy to a handicapped child from another lodge. the time that they so graciously gave to that child made his weekend!!! i have only been a member of the harrison/east newark elks for slightly over a year but it is definetely a year that i am proud to say i participated in. time and time again i have seen the members come together to help those in need thru their work at camp moore, fund raisers for families in need, and a host of other events. the list of their good work is endless!!! if you saw something that you were not comfortable with maybe it would have been a better option to discuss the issue with the elks board rather than to trash the organization as a whole in such a public way. the "elks" does not bring anyone, including teenagers, to wildwood. any child there is brought there by their parents, and it is their parents who are responsible for their supervision. to imply that the "elks" is responsible is irresponsible on your part. elks membership is volunatry and i am extremely proud to be a member. sharon toal

Guest sharon toal

i attended the elks convention this weekend and i did not run into the "teen drunks" that you referred to. i did however have the privlidge of seeing some teens from harrison show extreme kindness and empathy towards a handicapped child from another lodge. the time that they so graciously spent with him made his weekend. i have only been a memeber of the harrison/east newark elks for a little bit over a year and in that short time i have been honored to witness the great work that they do. from their dedication to camp moore, fund raisers for families in need, endless efforts to support our veterens, and a long list of other work, the elks is an extremely hard working and generous organization. if you saw something that made you uncomfortable maybe it would have been a better option to discuss it with the elks board rather than to trash the organization as a whole in such a public way. the "elks" does not bring anyone, including teenagers, to wildwood. any child or teen that is there was brought there by their parents, and it is those parents who are responsible for their supervision, not the elks, to imply that the "elks" is responsible is irresponsible on your part. rather then being embarrassed by my membership i am extremely proud and therefore do not feel it necessary to leave this unsigned.

proud elk

sharon toal

Guest Chuck

sorry I offended any of you or the Elks, I was saying the parents who let their children drink, who were tossing balls into beer cups with them should be ashamed. NOT the elks. this is a great event..

Guest guest

well i was at the convention and there were many teens drinking , lets not lie, you are only hurting the children of our future. i am so surprised that the elks lets the children drink, shame on you.

Guest cwurum

I am a member and officer of the Elks. I am very proud of our lodge and what being an Elk means. As for "teenage drinking" I also attended the convention and did not see ANY children underage drinking or walking around with booze. I am VERY OFFENDED that you would bash a great organization. The Elks raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to benefit handicapped children, veterans, drug awareness and countless other charities and organizations. If you thought you saw underage drinking you should of stepped up and said something unless you were to drunk to do so. The Elks are not babysitters and we are not responsible for other peoples children. We of course would step in if we saw underage drinkging. We had many families with children ranging in ages from about 5 through 16. The teenagers you refer to did an awesome job at another lodge making a handicapped child have the time of his life by dancing and singing with him. If you call yourself an Elk, you should know better than to go on the internet and complain. Bring it up at a meeting if you have the courage "Chuck". I think it shows what a coward you really are by not using your name. Turn in your card and quit if you are ashamed.

Cindy Wurum McFadden

Esteemed Lecturing Knight

Handicapped Chairperson

& a PROUD ELK

Guest porky

well i was at the convention and there were many teens drinking , lets not lie, you are only hurting the children of our future. i am so surprised that the elks lets the children drink, shame on you.

I've seen young teens sit at the bar. Maybe having soda but that shouldn't even be allowed. Why take a chance of getting closed down,because of a foolish mistake!!!!Wake up! I say maybe the convention should be for Adults only!!!! The Elks are a great organazation,but not for serving minors!!!!!!!! Parents don't watch their kids.God forbid something happened they would go after the elks.We are not babysitters.

Guest coward

Unfortunately people feel the need to put everything they do on facebook, so maybe you brave people should tell certain people who atttended the convention to remove clear evidence of under age people drinking and playing beer pong before

you jump up on your pedestal and preech. It is not the "Elks" who should police, but the parents. However, it is an Elks

function and if an incident occurs, it will always reflect on the "Elks".

Guest Guest

I am a parent that had a teenage child at the convention. I do not appreciate you bad mouthing the parents and saying things about our children. If you have a problem with the parents speak to us and stop putting all the drama on this website. Grow up.

D**** F******

Guest Donna Flatley

some one who care's you really need to grow up. How dare you call any of us names. If you have a problem talk to us directly as parents and stop posting gossip on here.

Guest porky

Notice the pics on facebook are of adults playing and the kids are sitting watching!! Stop trying to make something of it that it is not!!

Of course there not going to post the pictures of someone doing something wrong.Keep the kids home if you can't watch them. When did everyone get thrown in the pool. Of course when everyone got drunk. If I wanted to go in the pool I would,no need to throw someone in.

Guest Guest

Kids at a convention? Who the hell brings kids to a convention? Only in Harrison! What about the Hotel Owners Liability? Pretty funny how you got a "proud" Elks Offical on here bragging about integrity. Conventions are not a place for anyone under 21, period! Amazing at what lengths people will go, to get out on a weekend. Proud past members who kept The Elks alive when all was crumbling would be turning in their graves (especially parents of people who are posting on here)

Guest Donna Flatley

Enough is enough stop the drama the convention is over. We are all proud Elks members. If you are ashamed then shame on you. Every person that was at the Elks are great people and if you were at the convention and are starting drama shame on you. Do not come next year. As far as talking about one of our officers grow up. Shame on you if you feel that way. The kids did nothing wrong. If you do not like something speak your mind at a meeting or I can schedule a meeting next week so you can stop hiding who you are and talk as adults and leave the baby shit at home.

Donna Flatley

Guest cwurum

Lets get this straight finally. The Elks is a family organization. Children and grandchildren have attended conventions for years. Not only in Harrison but all lodges. If you had gone around to visit the other lodges you would have seen them. As for pics of beer pong. The cups were of WATER!! Those cups were checked by several people. Why don't you stay off of KOTW and attend Thursday's meeting. Hope to see and hear from you then. I'm sure we wont. (yes that was a dare)

Cindy Wurum

Guest unbelievable

Notice the pics on facebook are of adults playing and the kids are sitting watching!! Stop trying to make something of it that it is not!!

lmao. How can you possibley post this and think that this is a responsible comment in response to what the person under the name "coward" commented? Fine, the kids weren't playing, but the "ADULTS ARE PLAYING AND THE KIDS ARE SITTING WATCHING". Holy S**t that's hilarious. "Now look how mommy throws the ball kids." That's much better that the kids were watching. "Hey kids, you better sit nice or you can't watch daddy funnel 3 beers!" hahahaha

Guest Jim Beam

Enough is enough stop the drama the convention is over. We are all proud Elks members. If you are ashamed then shame on you. Every person that was at the Elks are great people and if you were at the convention and are starting drama shame on you. Do not come next year. As far as talking about one of our officers grow up. Shame on you if you feel that way. The kids did nothing wrong. If you do not like something speak your mind at a meeting or I can schedule a meeting next week so you can stop hiding who you are and talk as adults and leave the baby shit at home.

Donna Flatley

I'd like to schedule a meeting at the Elks, but I'm going to have to bring my kids. That shouldn't be a problem, right? They can play quarters at the bar while we talk.

Guest Liz Bennett-DePierola

All you cowards with your fake names should really back off. Stop hiding behind your computer, grow some and tell all of us how you really feel. I've been to the conventions in the past, and people bring there children, big deal, it is a free country we live in where people can go where they want. So back OFF!!!!!!

Singed,

Elks member 12 years

Guest John Smith

All you cowards with your fake names should really back off. Stop hiding behind your computer, grow some and tell all of us how you really feel. I've been to the conventions in the past, and people bring there children, big deal, it is a free country we live in where people can go where they want. So back OFF!!!!!!

Singed,

Elks member 12 years

wow...12 years. So you must be down to * ****h by now.

Edited by KOTW
Content

Guest Liz Bennett-Depierola

John Smith - get a dam life and if you do not like the ELKS then dont attend meetings and stay the coward you are behind your computer.