Kearny firefighters protest cuts in funding

Guest President FMBA Local 18

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

What exactly are you saying would happen if these keyboard commandos "stepped up"? This isn't the first situation where a firefighter or cop has taken to this website to threaten violence against the community they've sworn to protect. That doesn't surprise me, though. So many of our town's loyal employees live as far away as Lakewood. They'll take the town's tax revenue, but they'll move away and trash the people who pay their salaries. I still support FMBA Local 18, but certain individuals in the KFD have big heads and absolutely no respect.

Who threatened any violence?????? YOU guys are the ones always bitching and moaning about the firemen..there was a group of them standing right out in public, with all eyes on them. YOU Could have told them off, called them anything you wanted and NOTHING would have happened..yet you chose not to. I wonder why??? Is it because like most Vermin you dont like doing your business in the light of day?? You can make all the claims you want that you were afraid of being attacked by those big, bad eeeevil firemen, but the truth is that you would have had a captive audience because NONE of them could have taken any action against you, yet you all pussied out. And the Cop haters here are no better..Same thing applied to them..there were Cops all over the place and CROWDS of people, yet "Kearny Senior" and theo other half of you cowardly jerkoffs didnt take advantage of that either. You cal all pat each other on the back all you want, but you've just proven to those of us who do read these boards that y'all are nothing but a bunch of cowards..All talk HERE, but All QUIET out there.

Everybody shiould start their day with a smile so here's yours, I sat down and began writing down the names of those I know retired on the 1st of July and came up with 8. Thirteen was wrong and unlucky.

The 1.5% vs 35% I will not even debate that, you have a problem with how it's being enacted? Write Gov. Christie it's his referendum we had no part in it's creation if you want it done differently tell him, I see he handles criticism very gracefully and will appreciate your input.

jus sayin

Guest guest

Hey Jus Sayin why don't you keep your big fat uneducated mouth shut.You above all of those welfare collecting losers draw more attention to the Frathouse Fireboys then anyone on Kearny On The Web.Bide your time and hope that you will not be awakened or your breakfast,lunch,or dinner is interrupted or even yourTV viewing by the call of a fire or other emergency duty that you are supposed to perform and hang on as long as you can so you collect that pension and bail out on the town that you ripped off for the last 25 years.

Guest Guest

Everybody shiould start their day with a smile so here's yours, I sat down and began writing down the names of those I know retired on the 1st of July and came up with 8. Thirteen was wrong and unlucky.

The 1.5% vs 35% I will not even debate that, you have a problem with how it's being enacted? Write Gov. Christie it's his referendum we had no part in it's creation if you want it done differently tell him, I see he handles criticism very gracefully and will appreciate your input.

jus sayin

Tally for the PD so far this year is 9 Retirements, 2 laterals (one out of state), 3 more retirements on 1 Aug, another on 1 Sept, and possibly as many as 6-7 more by the end of the year. Oh and at night they have gone from a minimum of 3 2-man cars to a minimum of 4 1-man cars...with another 20+ guys eligible to retire over the next 3 years above and beyond those already gone, or planning to go.

maybe its me... but when you work OVERTIME, the standard pay in the US is x Time and a half So if you work 24 hrs of OVERTIME you should be paid and additional 12 hrs of straight pay!! either way its 1 1/2. If the KFD agreed to hour for hour as time off, the Town of Kearny was the clear winner here!!!.

They paid ZERO dollars in pay... and never gave back the time and 1/2!!

Guest Lucid Leandro

jus sayin

Hey jus sayin,

You concede you can't count to 13. You count to 8. I'm not an astrologist, but I think I know what "last week" means. Count again.

You concede that you (or your spouse) isn't 35% of the insurance cost as a contribution for health benefits. You then rationalize your exagerration by shifting to a peculiar anti-Christie criticism based on process. Last time I checked our democratically-elected State Legislature, where both houses are controlled by Democrats, went along with the changes proposed by the Republican Governor. Your option in a democracy is to replace your elected officials in the State Legislature and Governor's office. But I see no chance of that happening. Why? Because you or your spouse still have benefits (hospitalization, dental, prescription drugs) that are better than 95% of New Jersey residents. Most residents don't feel your pain. You still get $140,000 a year in salary and benefits plus an incredible pension that will pay you somewhere around $1.5 milion on an average lifespan.

BTW, I don't condone the Governor's rudeness and being a bully. Like YOU, he calls residents "cowards" and "idiots" and belittles them when they don't agree with him. That's wrong.

But we're making progress on this forum since you haven't used those words in several postings now. If only you could get facts straight, then a meaningful conversation could be had.

Guest guest

Once again the Kearny Firemen demonstrate that they are concerned with their personal situation only and not the residents of the town. They cry about THEIR pay, THEIR benefits, THEIR personal bills, THEIR lounging (not working) conditions, and THEIR desire to commit acts of violence upon the residents of Kearny. The residents of Kearny have their own problems but don't cry to ever single human being on the web site begging for money. Furthermore, in my opinion, the man who suffered the burns at the last fire probably could have been fine if not for the sluggish effort due to fatigue from over sleeping and wanting to teach the town of what could happen. He may have suffered the burns, in my opinion because of the firemen trying to get some point across by using a malicious act of neglect. More people MIGHT get hurt because of the admonishment of things to come that I have just presented. Greed has no end, especially concerning the KFD.

Well I am trying and I appreciate your noticing my effort, baby steps, right?

It's all about being accepted.

Triple D,

Yup I intentionally omitted that fact ,funny how it wasn't brought up til now and not by my biggest detractor, hmmm I wonder why that is?

Potiticians, funny people ain't they?

jus sayin

Who threatened any violence?????? YOU guys are the ones always bitching and moaning about the firemen..there was a group of them standing right out in public, with all eyes on them. YOU Could have told them off, called them anything you wanted and NOTHING would have happened..yet you chose not to. I wonder why??? Is it because like most Vermin you dont like doing your business in the light of day?? You can make all the claims you want that you were afraid of being attacked by those big, bad eeeevil firemen, but the truth is that you would have had a captive audience because NONE of them could have taken any action against you, yet you all pussied out. And the Cop haters here are no better..Same thing applied to them..there were Cops all over the place and CROWDS of people, yet "Kearny Senior" and theo other half of you cowardly jerkoffs didnt take advantage of that either. You cal all pat each other on the back all you want, but you've just proven to those of us who do read these boards that y'all are nothing but a bunch of cowards..All talk HERE, but All QUIET out there.

Can you feel the irony? I can.

Guest Guest

Maybe one person in the past made a disparaging comment about the Police. They do a good job in Harrison.

Who gives a damn about Harrison?? this is the Kearny Forum.

Guest George Jetson

Jus Sayin says that a poster gave, "... a play by play of the GAME." To The Kearny Fire Department a fire that could (notice I didn't say WILL like the KFD Union Rep.) kill adults, children, or pets is a GAME to them. That shows the animosity towards the citizens of Kearny and Harrison that pay the firemen's outrageous salaries and benefits. It's a "Game" to Joe Hero.

Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose a citizens life. No biggie, just have my check ready at the end of the week. If a resident died they would take up a collection of other peoples money, none of theirs, and use it to console themselves with a night of getting trashed at some strip club. A collection similar to the ones around Christmas when the residents drop off toys at the firehouse, then the firemen take the best toys for their kids. The rest of them that the FF take credit for as if they bought them go to the kids. It never ends with these clowns. That's my opinion.

Guest Guest

Once again the Kearny Firemen demonstrate that they are concerned with their personal situation only and not the residents of the town. They cry about THEIR pay, THEIR benefits, THEIR personal bills, THEIR lounging (not working) conditions, and THEIR desire to commit acts of violence upon the residents of Kearny. The residents of Kearny have their own problems but don't cry to ever single human being on the web site begging for money. Furthermore, in my opinion, the man who suffered the burns at the last fire probably could have been fine if not for the sluggish effort due to fatigue from over sleeping and wanting to teach the town of what could happen. He may have suffered the burns, in my opinion because of the firemen trying to get some point across by using a malicious act of neglect. More people MIGHT get hurt because of the admonishment of things to come that I have just presented. Greed has no end, especially concerning the KFD.

What was the neglect on the fire departments part exactly? They didnt tell him working with gasoline around an open flame will cause you to catch yourself and everything around you on fire?? You continue to prove time and time again that your only agenda is to bash fire fighters with lies and uneducated opinions on this site. Get a life loser.

Guest George Jetson

Mergermania is running wild. Whatcha gonna do when Mergermania smacks down on you. No more Dep. Chiefs, no more Batt. Chiefs, no more Captains dirty looks.......Parody of Alice Cooper's School's out.

Guest Guest

Mergermania is running wild. Whatcha gonna do when Mergermania smacks down on you. No more Dep. Chiefs, no more Batt. Chiefs, no more Captains dirty looks.......Parody of Alice Cooper's School's out.

Good luck with that.. just dont forget to keep the same name a few years from now when you're here bitching because it took the Police a couple of hours to respond to your bitchy little service call, or you're told to go to the station to make a report because there aren't any patrol units available. and the BEST part is, it wont reduce your taxes a Penny.

Guest George Jetson

The Alice Cooper parody was about the Fire Department, not the Police. The Police are doing a great job and deserve better treatment than they are being given. Read the post again...there are no Police Battalion Chiefs.

Guest Guest

The Alice Cooper parody was about the Fire Department, not the Police. The Police are doing a great job and deserve better treatment than they are being given. Read the post again...there are no Police Battalion Chiefs.

Sorry there Georgie, but that dog wont hunt. Merge one, and you have to merge ALL. yes the Police Dept does a fine job, with numbers dwindling, but Once again what you guys dont want to understand is the reality of the Situation here. Everyone has their own axe to grind, and they dont give a damn about anything BUT that Axe. We get it You hate firefighters, Otheres here hate Cops. Guess what? NEITHER one really care. You could be the biggest scumbag in town, and when you cal 911, the Police will go, the Ambulance will go, and EMS will go. They will Do their Jobs. So, hate away...but why not do it somewhere that MATTERS? Council meetings are posted and open to the Public..Stand up and make your concerns known to the people who make the decisions...not whining about them here.

Guest retired fire fighter

Since the proud haters of the overpaid Fire Fighters like to trash talk, here is a suggestion. On your next day off, go to a firehouse and spend 24 hours with them. If a waiver of liability is needed sign it and then have one of the crew put you in full protective gear. Then grab a hose pack and carry it around for a few minutes. If you get an alarm go with them and help pull hose. And once the fire is out you can drain and re-pack the 5 inch hose they use as a supply line. When I was a fire fighter we used to get people telling us how cushy and easy our jobs were. So we invited one to spend a 24 shift with us. He lasted less than 5 hours before apologizing. You take for granted all of the holidays you get off. Fire Fighters on duty don't get these. How many of you trash talker's have rushed into a burning building not knowing what you are going to face. Overpaid? Really? God fobid one of you have a fire in your house or apartment building you will be the ones runing out while the fire fighters are running in. And I'll bet you won't be thinking about their salaries.

Guest Guest

Since the proud haters of the overpaid Fire Fighters like to trash talk, here is a suggestion. On your next day off, go to a firehouse and spend 24 hours with them. If a waiver of liability is needed sign it and then have one of the crew put you in full protective gear. Then grab a hose pack and carry it around for a few minutes. If you get an alarm go with them and help pull hose. And once the fire is out you can drain and re-pack the 5 inch hose they use as a supply line. When I was a fire fighter we used to get people telling us how cushy and easy our jobs were. So we invited one to spend a 24 shift with us. He lasted less than 5 hours before apologizing. You take for granted all of the holidays you get off. Fire Fighters on duty don't get these. How many of you trash talker's have rushed into a burning building not knowing what you are going to face. Overpaid? Really? God fobid one of you have a fire in your house or apartment building you will be the ones runing out while the fire fighters are running in. And I'll bet you won't be thinking about their salaries.

That's what you get paid to do. Most of the time you sit around and many times you don't even enter the building. You spray water from the outside. The economy is falling apart and that's why the Mayor is trying to cut the fat from every department not just the fire department.

Guest Guest

To retired firefighter, stop trying to intimidate the public with your moronic nonsense about doing your job. You are way overpaid and everyone knows it. That's changing thank God. Why don't you come to my office and construct a power point presentation on the effect derivatives (a financial tool) are having on the economy. You won't be able to get started, never mind last 5 five hours you high school/G.E.D. uneducated nepotistic town job idiot. There are some intelligent people on this format trying to discuss issues, not you're personal problems. Go on the Dr. Phil website for what you really need or contact your local psychiatrist or psychologist for an appointment. Concerning your post, I advise you to go to an advanced behavioral modification facility. Give it a whirl. Also, I don't know how someone can be, " runing out while the firefighters were running in."

Guest Guest

Typical West Hudson fireman thinking they are as important as the President of the United States. That wouldn't be too much of a hyper-inflated ego, would it? Being that Joe Hero retired ff thinks that his welfare position was so difficult, why don't he come to my office and create a power point presentation on the derivatives market as it relates to todays economy. Never mind lasting 5 hours, Joe Hero wouldn't even be able to get started. There is no pride in being uneducated but the firemen tend to think it's an attribute. I guess with a proud family traditional of being on welfare that getting a simple mindless town job thru nepotism is considered an achievement. If anyone in my family were nothing but a firemen, if that's the best they could do, I would take that secret to the grave. I would humiliated that being a fireman is the best that a member of my family could achieve.

Guest Kearny Senior

Typical West Hudson fireman thinking they are as important as the President of the United States. That wouldn't be too much of a hyper-inflated ego, would it? Being that Joe Hero retired ff thinks that his welfare position was so difficult, why don't he come to my office and create a power point presentation on the derivatives market as it relates to todays economy. Never mind lasting 5 hours, Joe Hero wouldn't even be able to get started. There is no pride in being uneducated but the firemen tend to think it's an attribute. I guess with a proud family traditional of being on welfare that getting a simple mindless town job thru nepotism is considered an achievement. If anyone in my family were nothing but a firemen, if that's the best they could do, I would take that secret to the grave. I would humiliated that being a fireman is the best that a member of my family could achieve.

I hate to break this to you Barney, but polls everywhere show firefighters are always held in greater esteem than cops.

Guest George Jetson

Now you have confirmed that you need an extended stay in a psychiatric facility. Police Officers write tickets and arrest people. They cost people money on occasion but these preventative measures ultimately save lives down the road. It does show that the Police actually HAVE A JOB, UNLIKE THE WELFARE CASES AT THE FIREHOUSE. The firemens repeated wailing of, "We only help people," doesn't cover up the fact that it's a part-time job that breaks the peoples backs because of the outrageous salaries that cause property taxes to skyrocket. This is especially true is West Hudson where a West Hudson Volunteer Fire Dept. could do a better job than the paid depts. currently stealing from the residents. East Newark proved it at the Washington St. Fire. I will always be wealthy, will never lose my job because I own my own business, but the firemen on the other hand are getting their ranks decimated in NJ because the people are becoming more aware that it is not a needed paid service. Chew on that dickhead.