KHS Musical

Guest Guest

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty creepy how curious you people are about who is who.  It's a highschool musical production.  You're all creeping me out.  Big time.

So. What college or professional production were you in? KHS high school productions are pretty big. Have you been to them?

Have you been to Broadway? Have you seen the leads in this year's production last year? What is your expertise? Who says "creeping me out?" Are you a child?

So. What college or professional production were you in? KHS high school productions are pretty big. Have you been to them?

Have you been to Broadway? Have you seen the leads in this year's production last year? What is your expertise? Who says "creeping me out?" Are you a child?

Does KHS still use a professional orchestra? In my town they use CD's. Love live music!

Guest SSS Drama
What musical is St. Stephen's doing this year?

Annie is my favorite too.  Saw it at SSS, the young lady who played Grace there is playing Miss Hannigan in the KHS production.

Hi all,

SSS is doing Disney's High School Musical this year!

March 30 @ 7:30pm

March 31 @ 1:30pm & 7:30pm

More information at www.sssdrama.com

We are very pleased to hear that our alumni are doing so well! We support them each year by seeing the KHS show!

Come and check ours out too :ninja:

Guest SSS Drama
What musical is St. Stephen's doing this year?

Annie is my favorite too.  Saw it at SSS, the young lady who played Grace there is playing Miss Hannigan in the KHS production.

Hi all,

SSS is doing Disney's High School Musical this year!

March 30 @ 7:30pm

March 31 @ 1:30pm & 7:30pm

More information at www.sssdrama.com

We are very pleased to hear that our alumni are doing so well! We support them each year by seeing the KHS show!

Come and check ours out too :ninja:

The girl who was Dorothy in the Wiz last year could not project her voice if she had a gun to her head. Seriously, did you hear her try to hit the high notes? No? That's right, you didn't. You could only see her trying so so hard to, but coming up short. There is talent at these shows, but overall it's not always that great. And yes, I was in a high school musical at KHS. And the people who run the show do a wondeful job, but it's more like a musical workshop class. You have to keep that in mind that most of the kids on stage are just casual singers, w/ no training and zero acting experience. This is where they get their training, not where they put on the best show you'll ever see. Don't give the show too much credit... please. I hate to be mean, but you begged me to criticize KHS musical productions. And yes, I'm a child. Excuse me for my age.

Now i feel like as a big a ****** as you people.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

The girl who was Dorothy in the Wiz last year could not project her voice if she had a gun to her head.  Seriously, did you hear her try to hit the high notes?  No?  That's right, you didn't.  You could only see her trying so so hard to, but coming up short.  There is talent at these shows, but overall it's not always that great.  And yes, I was in a high school musical at KHS.  And the people who run the show do a wondeful job, but it's more like a musical workshop class.  You have to keep that in mind that most of the kids on stage are just casual singers, w/ no training and zero acting experience.  This is where they get their training, not where they put on the best show you'll ever see. Don't give the show too much credit... please.  I hate to be mean, but you begged me to criticize KHS musical productions.  And yes, I'm a child.  Excuse me for my age.

It's very obvious by your post who is coming up short!

The girl who was Dorothy in the Wiz last year could not project her voice if she had a gun to her head.  Seriously, did you hear her try to hit the high notes?  No?  That's right, you didn't.  You could only see her trying so so hard to, but coming up short.  There is talent at these shows, but overall it's not always that great.  And yes, I was in a high school musical at KHS.  And the people who run the show do a wondeful job, but it's more like a musical workshop class.  You have to keep that in mind that most of the kids on stage are just casual singers, w/ no training and zero acting experience.  This is where they get their training, not where they put on the best show you'll ever see. Don't give the show too much credit... please.  I hate to be mean, but you begged me to criticize KHS musical productions.  And yes, I'm a child.  Excuse me for my age.

What show were you watching?! And like you said, most of the kids on stage are casual singers with NO TRAINING. For a girl who has had ZERO training I think she did a great job and clearly she has talent if she got the lead two years in a row. And to say she can't project her voice?! That's total and complete bullshit, apparently you must be a child with your jealousy. Just come see the show this year to hear her belt out all the notes.

I hear this may be one of the best productions of all time at KHS! The talent pool is that good! can't wait!

Yes my goodness! There are so many young kids with such talent this year its unbelievable. I can't wait until the show. I love watching KHS productions.

I thought she was Annie at SSS. Anyway, you wouldn't believe how good she is now! She won best musical singer at the Hudson County Teen Arts festival last year and went on to the states. This girl could make it to Broadway if she put her mind to it. Come and see for yourself March 15, 16 and 17 at Kearny High school.

Will this girl be in teen arts again? I think i know her. She did the talent show and won 1st place with a drag queen ...haha. It was really cute. She has such a way with the stage. Throughout the whole talent show everyone was talking through everyone's performance (very rude) but when she stepped on the stage and started singing, everyone became silent and listened. It was seriously one of the most adorable things that i've ever seen on that stage. God bless her. Really.

Will this girl be in teen arts again?  I think i know her. She did the talent show and won 1st place with a drag queen ...haha. It was really cute. She has such a way with the stage. Throughout the whole talent show everyone was talking through everyone's performance (very rude) but when she stepped on the stage and started singing, everyone became silent and listened. It was seriously one of the most adorable things that i've ever seen on that stage. God bless her. Really.

She'll be in teen arts again and if she plays her cards right, she'll be on Broadway someday and we can say we knew and saw her when.

So much negativity on the board these days...................want to be part of something very positive? Come and see the outstanding KHS students perform "Annie" on March 15th, 16th and 17th at 7:30 on the Kearny High School stage!

Why do quotes from this thread take so long to get in?

Because the KOTW is mainly focused on the LaClairs who are on the Observer payroll.

On a slightly different note, when I heard the show was going to be on March 17th, I was a little worried about that because of St. Patty's day. But because of the LaClair issue, no mention of St. Patty can be mentioned in school. Yet they try to call themselves religious. This has always been a festive occasion in this town ever since I can remember and the LaClairs are trying to squash it like they do everything else.

If something isn't done, they will turn this town into Potterville as in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life.

Because the KOTW is mainly focused on the LaClairs who are on the Observer payroll.

Can you substantiate these assertions? At all?

On a slightly different note, when I heard the show was going to be on March 17th, I was a little worried about that because of St. Patty's day. But because of the LaClair issue, no mention of St. Patty can be mentioned in school.

What are you talking about? What about the LaClair issue would possibly have any effect on a "mention of St. Patty (I think you should keep it to "Patrick" talking about someone you never met :lol:)?"

Yet they try to call themselves religious.

This sounds weird--I can't imagine a failed attempt at calling oneself religious. You know, just because someone doesn't worship your particular god and/or your particular holy book (or even your particular translation of the same holy book), doesn't mean they're not religious.

This has always been a festive occasion in this town ever since I can remember and the LaClairs are trying to squash it

Prove it--really sounds like you're just pulling things out of your ass.

If something isn't done, they will turn this town into Potterville as in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life.

Need some grease for your slippery slope? Nah, looks like you've got plenty.

GOOD LUCK TO KEARNY HIGH SCHOOL ON THE MUSICAL OF ANNIE .HARRISON HIGH SCHOOL DID THAT LAST YEAR I WILL GET TO SEE THE SHOW I HOPE IT IS A SUCCESS. ALL THESE KIDS PUT ALOT OF WORK AND LONG HOURS INTO THIS.BROADWAY BOUND I HOPE THERE IS GREAT TALENT.