Tax Bill

Guest disgusted resident

Guest disgusted resident

I wanted to take a second to thank Mayor Santos for the wonderful tax bill I have just received. It is just amazing how I am paying 8k in taxes on a 50 x 100 lot in Kearny. Maybe if the Mayor had his own house and payed his own property taxes he would give a crap. When is this going to end. It continues to get worse not better.

I wanted to take a second to thank Mayor Santos for the wonderful tax bill I have just received.  It is just amazing how I am paying 8k in taxes on a 50 x 100 lot in Kearny.  Maybe if the Mayor had his own house and payed his own property taxes he would give a crap.  When is this going to end.  It continues to get worse not better.

He rents, just like the rest of them.

Guest guest_Guest

Why don't you ask the Mayor that question at tonight's, Tuesday, February 10th's meeting of the Mayor and Council. The Mayor continues to spin the out of control costs of his administration as "It's out of my control." Just like the closure of the Arlington Train Station was out of his control. Was it? How much more can we afford.

Guest Kearny Resident
I wanted to take a second to thank Mayor Santos for the wonderful tax bill I have just received.  It is just amazing how I am paying 8k in taxes on a 50 x 100 lot in Kearny.  Maybe if the Mayor had his own house and payed his own property taxes he would give a crap.  When is this going to end.  It continues to get worse not better.

He does not rent. He cannot afford to rent in Kearny for the $7000 he makes a year. He's our full time mayor and he is doing a poor job of controling our property taxes.

Guest Leprechaun

What do you expect in a monarchy? The king lives off the people - he doesn't need a huge salary because the people support him. Taxes don't affect a king personally - they are used to support him. Kearny residents have stuck their heads in the sand - they were warned about King Santos a long, long time ago and yet they continue to vote him in and his court of jesters. How sad.

Guest FlagMann.

What do you "mean" By Them?

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Guest Guest 99
Why don't you ask the Mayor that question at tonight's, Tuesday, February 10th's meeting of the Mayor and Council.  The Mayor continues to spin the out of control costs of his administration as "It's out of my control."  Just like the closure of the Arlington Train Station was out of his control.  Was it?  How much more can we afford.

No one, not one whining, wimpy one of you, will show at the meeting tonight. Or any other night for that matter. Just like none of you show up at the Board of Ed or the County meetings. Why?? Because you don't have any answers. Half of you probably don't even know what ward you live in or who your council reps are.

Why don't you ask the Mayor that question at tonight's, Tuesday, February 10th's meeting of the Mayor and Council.  The Mayor continues to spin the out of control costs of his administration as "It's out of my control."  Just like the closure of the Arlington Train Station was out of his control.  Was it?   How much more can we afford.

No one, not one whining, wimpy one of you, will show at the meeting tonight. Or any other night for that matter. Just like none of you show up at the Board of Ed or the County meetings. Why?? Because you don't have any answers. Half of you probably don't even know what ward you live in or who your council reps are.

well you can't argue with that.

What do you "mean" By Them?

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

You know what i mean....Renters.

Guest Guest Kerry

Nah,,,he doesn't rent..he lives in a multi family owned by his mom. Yes, and the school board bill will be much bigger and you keep voting in the sme people. Get out and try to do something if you feel that strongly. Right now, most of the school board members are intricately involved with the Mayor. at least three of them are his employees. Oh what a happy family.

Guest Guest 99

Nah,,,he doesn't rent..he lives in a multi family owned by his mom. Yes, and the school board bill will be much bigger and you keep voting in the sme people. Get out and try to do something if you feel that strongly. Right now, most of the school board members are intricately involved with the Mayor. at least three of them are his employees. Oh what a happy family.

Your spin that because members of the BOE are also town employees, thereby beholding to the Mayor, doesn't hold water. The BOE budget has been a matter of contention for many years prior to this administration and will be for many to come unless the residents get off their butts (and the computor) and become actively involved.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hetoldme

I just came back from Florida and found out how much my taxes went up. For what???? Mr. Leadbeater told me when he was campaigning and I listen to other people who told me he didn't know what he was talking about. Guess he was RIGHT.

"Them" ignore you and "Us" don't like you. "We" don't needyou!!

Guest Guest Kerry

Your spin that because members of the BOE are also town employees, thereby beholding to the Mayor, doesn't hold water. The BOE budget has been a matter of contention for many years prior to this administration and will be for many to come unless the residents get off their butts (and the computor) and become actively involved.

The school budget has failed for all the years Mayor Santos has been Mayor. Each time it fails, the mayor and council quietly reinstate most of the money. His friend and "part time secretary" is a fixture on the school board and they don;t influence each other? NOT!

Guest Guest 99
The school budget has failed for all the years Mayor Santos has been Mayor. Each time it fails, the mayor and council quietly reinstate most of the money. His friend and "part time secretary" is a fixture on the school board and they don;t influence each other? NOT!

Does anyone know what happens if the BOE doesn't accept the recommended cuts of the governing body? I'll be back tomorrow to see if there are any wise ones amongst us. :ph34r:

Does anyone know what happens if the BOE doesn't accept the recommended cuts of the governing body? I'll be back tomorrow to see if there are any wise ones amongst us. :ph34r:

Try this link.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Archived