12 demands of the urchins.

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

The Kearny Loonies will be interested in the 12 demands of the urchins. My favorite two are: A minimum "living wage" of $20.00 an hour times 40 hours or $800. a week meaning even if you're unemployed you're still guaranteed an unlimited "living" wage of $800 a week. My other favorite is open borders to everyone, no restrictions. Combining open borders with a "living" wage would destroy the country, why am I not surprised that the Loonies support these derelicts.

You seem to think we can't look for ourselves. Oddly enough, neither of your made-up demands are in there. Are you lying or just blindly repeating the lies you hear?

Posted here:

http://occupychi.org/2011/10/07/our-proposed-demands/#more-879

Our PROPOSED grievances

Posted on October 7, 2011 by occupychiadmin

These are the list of proposed demands. They will be up for vote tonight at 7pm @ 500 S Michigan Ave in front of the horse.

1.PASS HR 1489 REINSTATING GLASS-STEAGALL. – A depression era safeguard that separated the commercial lending and investment banking portions of banks. Its repeal in 1999 is considered the major cause of the global financial meltdown of 2008-2009.

2. REPEAL BUSH TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY

3. FULLY INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law and helped cause the 2008 financial crisis.

4.OVERTURN CITIZENS UNITED v. US. – A 2010 Supreme Court Decision which ruled that money is speech. Corporations, as legal persons, are now allowed to contribute unlimited amounts of money to campaigns in the exercise of free “speech.”

5. PASS THE BUFFET RULE ON FAIR TAXATION, CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOPHOLES, PROHIBIT HIDING FUNDS OFFSHORE.

6. GIVE THE SEC STRICTER REGULATORY POWER, STRENGTHEN THE CONSUMER PROTECTION BUREAU, AND PROVIDE ASSISTANCE FOR OWNERS OF FORECLOSED MORTGAGES WHO WERE VICTIMS OF PREDATORY LENDING.

7.TAKE STEPS TO LIMIT THE INFLUENCE OF LOBBYISTS AND ELIMINATE THE PRACTICE OF LOBBYISTS WRITING LEGISLATION.

8. ELIMINATE RIGHT OF FORMER GOVERNMENT REGULATORS TO WORK FOR CORPORATIONS OR INDUSTRIES THEY ONCE REGULATED.

9. ELIMINATE CORPORATE PERSONHOOD.

10. INSIST THE FEC STAND UP FOR THE PUBLIC INTEREST IN REGULATING PRIVATE USE OF PUBLIC AIRWAVES to help ensure that political candidates ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME for free at reasonable intervals during campaign season.

11. REFORM CAMPAIGN FINANCE WITH THE PASSAGE OF THE FAIR ELECTIONS NOW ACT (S.750, H.R. 1404).

12. FORGIVE STUDENT DEBT – The same institutions that gave almost $2T in bailouts and then extended $16T of loans at little to no interest for banks can surely afford to forgive the $946B of student debt currently held. Not only does this favor the 99% over the 1%, it has the practical effect of more citizens spending money on actual goods, not paying down interest.

The Kearny Loonies will be interested in the 12 demands of the urchins. My favorite two are: A minimum "living wage" of $20.00 an hour times 40 hours or $800. a week meaning even if you're unemployed you're still guaranteed an unlimited "living" wage of $800 a week. My other favorite is open borders to everyone, no restrictions. Combining open borders with a "living" wage would destroy the country, why am I not surprised that the Loonies support these derelicts.

As always, it's just a story from you. There are no facts to back it up. How many people in Kearny support either of those things? Can you name one?

Of course you can't.

No matter. You'll sing the same song tomorrow.

The ORIGINAL list is here in the Washington Times Article ( http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/oct/3/picket-occupy-wall-street-protesters-post-manifest/ ) Somehow, between 3 october, when it was originaly there, and now it has been replaced with the Demands you found on the Occupy Chicago Fleabag site. The original demands did indeed call for the "Living Wage" as well as elimination of all debt to Anyone by Anyone..as WELL as an elimination of all Income Tax..of course with no Income Tax, then there wouldnt be any money to pay forthe OTHER nonsense they want..it's sort of a "Financial Divide-by-Zero" situation.

Guest Patriot

You seem to think we can't look for ourselves. Oddly enough, neither of your made-up demands are in there. Are you lying or just blindly repeating the lies you hear?

Posted here:

Our PROPOSED grievances

These are the list of proposed demands. They will be up for vote tonight at 7pm @ 500 S Michigan Ave in front of the horse.

1.PASS HR 1489 REINSTATING GLASS-STEAGALL. – A depression era safeguard that separated the commercial lending and investment banking portions of banks. Its repeal in 1999 is considered the major cause of the global financial meltdown of 2008-2009.

3. FULLY INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law and helped cause the 2008 financial crisis.

4.OVERTURN CITIZENS UNITED v. US. – A 2010 Supreme Court Decision which ruled that money is speech. Corporations, as legal persons, are now allowed to contribute unlimited amounts of money to campaigns in the exercise of free “speech.”

5. PASS THE BUFFET RULE ON FAIR TAXATION, CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOPHOLES, PROHIBIT HIDING FUNDS OFFSHORE.

6. GIVE THE SEC STRICTER REGULATORY POWER, STRENGTHEN THE CONSUMER PROTECTION BUREAU, AND PROVIDE ASSISTANCE FOR OWNERS OF FORECLOSED MORTGAGES WHO WERE VICTIMS OF PREDATORY LENDING.

7.TAKE STEPS TO LIMIT THE INFLUENCE OF LOBBYISTS AND ELIMINATE THE PRACTICE OF LOBBYISTS WRITING LEGISLATION.

8. ELIMINATE RIGHT OF FORMER GOVERNMENT REGULATORS TO WORK FOR CORPORATIONS OR INDUSTRIES THEY ONCE REGULATED.

10. INSIST THE FEC STAND UP FOR THE PUBLIC INTEREST IN REGULATING PRIVATE USE OF PUBLIC AIRWAVES to help ensure that political candidates ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME for free at reasonable intervals during campaign season.

11. REFORM CAMPAIGN FINANCE WITH THE PASSAGE OF THE FAIR ELECTIONS NOW ACT (S.750, H.R. 1404).

12. FORGIVE STUDENT DEBT – The same institutions that gave almost $2T in bailouts and then extended $16T of loans at little to no interest for banks can surely afford to forgive the $946B of student debt currently held. Not only does this favor the 99% over the 1%, it has the practical effect of more citizens spending money on actual goods, not paying down interest.

Curious that you posted the demands of the Chicago group and not the Wall St. group (who I quoted). I accurately posted two of the demands of the Wall St. occupiers ( but I think you know that).

Posted here:

Our PROPOSED grievances

Either way, so-called "Patriot" is a lying, despicable scumbag. You can't make a country better with a parade of lies. What is wrong with these people?

You call yourself a patriot but you are anything but. You get caught lying over and over, yet it never makes any difference to you. The truth doesn't seem to matter at all. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

No, Patriot, I really mean it. Please look in the mirror at what you just did, and keep doing over and over and over. I want to know what is wrong with you to do things like that, repeatedly and even after it's pointed out to you.

What is wrong with you?

Guest Patriot

Either way, so-called "Patriot" is a lying, despicable scumbag. You can't make a country better with a parade of lies. What is wrong with these people?

You call yourself a patriot but you are anything but. You get caught lying over and over, yet it never makes any difference to you. The truth doesn't seem to matter at all. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

No, Patriot, I really mean it. Please look in the mirror at what you just did, and keep doing over and over and over. I want to know what is wrong with you to do things like that, repeatedly and even after it's pointed out to you.

What is wrong with you?

Read post #4 and then apologize to me, dummy.

Curious that googling "occupy wall street 12 demands" gets no results other than the ones I posted. Searching the occupywallstreet.org doesn't either. But I think you already knew that. So where are you getting your 12 demands that google can't find and the actual occupiers never posted on their own website?

To the guest in post 4: If you follow the link posted in the article you linked the list is still up with a note stating that it was not an official list but was posted by a single person.

Sorry I can't copy-paste from my phone. Obviously my previous post was a reply to Patty.

Read post #4 and then apologize to me, dummy.

I read post # 4 and I'll call you what you are: an idiot. You are so biased that you jump all over anything that casts anyone to your left (which is about 98% of the American population) as stupid, incompetent and evil. You don't think, you only react. So one person said something goofy and you try to paint an entire movement with it.

Meanwhile, finally people are riled up over the collective rape of our economy by the speculators and money-changers. Finally, after S&L scandal and the hedge fund greed and the near collapse of our economy - all because of the right wing economics of deregulation and speculation - the people finally have become angry enough to protest. You can't build an economy on phony paper, which is what the right wing tried to do. They got rich, so they didn't care. But we can't just fold up the United States of America like one of the companies these people have crashed and give them a $20 million golden parachute for their trip to China.

The people you listen to support the other side, so you think you have to support the other side. That's why I keep telling you that you don't think, you only react. It's not just a slogan I made up. It's the truth. Look at yourself. Then look honestly at what has been happening. The other side is stealing you and all of us blind. Haven't you noticed that the income of the average American hasn't advanced along with the economy in the past few decades? Haven't you noticed that we have fallen behind in energy technology? Why do you think that is?

Wake up, dummy. You've been duped. Be a man and admit it.

Guest Kearny Senior

Curious that googling "occupy wall street 12 demands" gets no results other than the ones I posted. Searching the occupywallstreet.org doesn't either. But I think you already knew that. So where are you getting your 12 demands that google can't find and the actual occupiers never posted on their own website?

There was a live interview with the Wall St group aired on FOX. They were asked what their demands were and the group read off a list of 12 demands. Among the 12 were a "living wage", free college tuition, open borders for everyone and eliminate all taxes. Of course they didn't explain how the living wage and free college would be paid for without taxes.

I doubt if MSNBC or CNN aired that interview because it didn't fit their political agenda. (One of the reasons FOX has more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined.

Guest Patriot

I read post # 4 and I'll call you what you are: an idiot. You are so biased that you jump all over anything that casts anyone to your left (which is about 98% of the American population) as stupid, incompetent and evil. You don't think, you only react. So one person said something goofy and you try to paint an entire movement with it.

Meanwhile, finally people are riled up over the collective rape of our economy by the speculators and money-changers. Finally, after S&L scandal and the hedge fund greed and the near collapse of our economy - all because of the right wing economics of deregulation and speculation - the people finally have become angry enough to protest. You can't build an economy on phony paper, which is what the right wing tried to do. They got rich, so they didn't care. But we can't just fold up the United States of America like one of the companies these people have crashed and give them a $20 million golden parachute for their trip to China.

The people you listen to support the other side, so you think you have to support the other side. That's why I keep telling you that you don't think, you only react. It's not just a slogan I made up. It's the truth. Look at yourself. Then look honestly at what has been happening. The other side is stealing you and all of us blind. Haven't you noticed that the income of the average American hasn't advanced along with the economy in the past few decades? Haven't you noticed that we have fallen behind in energy technology? Why do you think that is?

Wake up, dummy. You've been duped. Be a man and admit it.

You're more than a little confused. The left makes up about 25% of the population, not 98%. The right makes up about 25% and the other 50% are independents. zerO got elected because most of the independents voted for him. However, right now zerO is polling about 20% approval among independents, he can't win with those numbers (Hooray!!).

zerO's been in office now for almost 3 years and has managed to add more to the debt in those 3 years than had been added in all 200 years previous. But I guess that's a fact you Loonies don't like to hear.

zerO's election has proved one thing, community organizers cannot run a country.

There was a live interview with the Wall St group aired on FOX. They were asked what their demands were and the group read off a list of 12 demands. Among the 12 were a "living wage", free college tuition, open borders for everyone and eliminate all taxes. Of course they didn't explain how the living wage and free college would be paid for without taxes.

I doubt if MSNBC or CNN aired that interview because it didn't fit their political agenda. (One of the reasons FOX has more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined.

It's funny that you sheep argue back-and-forth about whose cable network is better. I mean, that is really really really really funny. NewsCorp loves you, bro.

Yeah, right. Post the link to this video you're lying about. Someone may have been dumb enough to say those things but they don't speak for the movement.

Why do you not want the people to rise up against corporate greed?

Yeah, right. Post the link to this video you're lying about. Someone may have been dumb enough to say those things but they don't speak for the movement.

The only link to a Video I want to see is NYPD, Bpston PD, Seattle PD, and so on, Opening up with the Water cannons, Fire extinguisher-size OC spray, and then the wooden shampoos. Hippy Shitbags, the New Baby Harp Seals.

Guest Kearny Senior

There wasn't a link, it was live television. And you ask why I don't want street urchins to turn a public park into a toxic dump with raw sewerage? You want to know why I don't want lazy drop-outs with their hands out to intimidate people that have worked hard to attain everything they have? You want to know why, in America where hard work, education, self-reliance, inititive and determination are rewarded, I don't want to give shiftless street urchins free money? If you can seriously ask those questions then you must be one of them.

Those are not serious ideas. The 12 ideas in post 2 are serious ideas, except for # 12.

A patriot is someone who cares about his country and acts like it. If you cared about your country, you would discuss serious ideas instead of saying that everyone who doesn't agree with you is loony. You can start now. What do you think of the ideas in post # 2?

You're more than a little confused. The left makes up about 25% of the population, not 98%. The right makes up about 25% and the other 50% are independents. zerO got elected because most of the independents voted for him. However, right now zerO is polling about 20% approval among independents, he can't win with those numbers (Hooray!!).

zerO's been in office now for almost 3 years and has managed to add more to the debt in those 3 years than had been added in all 200 years previous. But I guess that's a fact you Loonies don't like to hear.

zerO's election has proved one thing, community organizers cannot run a country.

I'm not confused. As usual, you missed the point. You're a radical. 98% of the people are to your left, even many people in the Tea Party.

Your power of prediction will face another test next November. How is President Guiliani's first term going?

You still haven't answered the question from another topic why no other developed country structures its economy the way you want the US to structure ours. You don't seem to understand the difference between an 18th century and a 21st century economy. How do you answer that? (You don't. You haven't. You can't. Case closed.)

Guest Patriot

There wasn't a link, it was live television. And you ask why I don't want street urchins to turn a public park into a toxic dump with raw sewerage? You want to know why I don't want lazy drop-outs with their hands out to intimidate people that have worked hard to attain everything they have? You want to know why, in America where hard work, education, self-reliance, inititive and determination are rewarded, I don't want to give shiftless street urchins free money? If you can seriously ask those questions then you must be one of them.

Wow ! Kearny Senior, you're a Patriot. Agree with everything you said. These street urchins don't have a clue why they're there, ask ten of them and you get ten different answers. Mostly they just want free stuff just like Greece and you see the way that country's gone. What these derilicts don't understand is America is a capitalist country, you have to make your own way in life through your own inititive, education and hard work. Some people make it and some don't, that's why there are have's and have nots. Some make it to the corner office, some to their momma's basement. Before the cold weather hits, they'll all be back in their momma's basements.

Wow ! Kearny Senior, you're a Patriot. Agree with everything you said. These street urchins don't have a clue why they're there, ask ten of them and you get ten different answers. Mostly they just want free stuff just like Greece and you see the way that country's gone. What these derilicts don't understand is America is a capitalist country, you have to make your own way in life through your own inititive, education and hard work. Some people make it and some don't, that's why there are have's and have nots. Some make it to the corner office, some to their momma's basement. Before the cold weather hits, they'll all be back in their momma's basements.

What you don't understand is that the capitalist system has been turned into a mockery of itself. Instead of rewarding work and innovation, it rewards speculation with accumulated wealth. Instead of rewarding risk, it insulates risk but only if you have enough wealth. Instead of providing opportunity for people to rise, it limits that opportunity to only a few. There are exceptions but that is what has happened to the system overall.

You don't seem to understand that the game has been rigged. Whenever you mix money an politics, that's what happens. Sure, a few people may hit it big but the system isn't working to create more wealth; it's only working to redistribute the wealth to fewer and fewer people. They may work very hard at accumulating the wealth but they're not adding value to the economy. The system can't work that way in the long run. The only way the capitalist system works is if the winners add value to the economy. The hedge fund managers and the banks haven't been adding value for a long time. Just the opposite, they have destabilized the economy and created this crisis.

We've been down this road before, in the 1920s. As then, the current crisis has seen a massive redistribution of wealth toward the top and declining purchasing power of a shrinking middle class. People are working just as hard if not harder but they're not being rewarded for the work. So the economy begins to shrink because people don't have enough money to buy things. Then businesses lay people off because there's no demand. It's a downward spiral. Admit it. We have structural problems and a broken system.

Of course, none of that matters to you. You'll bury your head in the sand, sing your little right wing songs and pretend everything is fine - unless of course you want to talk about President Obama and the Democrats, in which case everything is falling apart. You have about as much objectivity as a cheerleader. And you're probably not even cute.

Guest Patriot

Jeez,

I thought from the title of the post we were talking about the gop presidential candidates although they seem more gnomish than urchin-like. Christie says the tea party and the occupy Wall St movements are "closely aligned". gop leader Cantor says "there is too much income disparity in America". Really? Is Communism the new gop position? He is one of the gop "leaders" and boner's mouthpiece.

If you're talking about ko, he's told us before, it's not his parents' basement it's their attic.

Jeez,

I thought from the title of the post we were talking about the gop presidential candidates although they seem more gnomish than urchin-like. Christie says the tea party and the occupy Wall St movements are "closely aligned". gop leader Cantor says "there is too much income disparity in America". Really? Is Communism the new gop position? He is one of the gop "leaders" and boner's mouthpiece.

Stupid,

Just because you oppose 1% of the people controlling 43% of the wealth doesn't mean you're a Communist. Economies don't work when the income disparity is too great. Think about it, if you're capable of that. If a few people own most of the wealth, where is the demand going to come from? Without a strong middle class, a country cannot prosper.

Use your brain for once.

Guest Patriot

What you don't understand is that the capitalist system has been turned into a mockery of itself. Instead of rewarding work and innovation, it rewards speculation with accumulated wealth. Instead of rewarding risk, it insulates risk but only if you have enough wealth. Instead of providing opportunity for people to rise, it limits that opportunity to only a few. There are exceptions but that is what has happened to the system overall.

You don't seem to understand that the game has been rigged. Whenever you mix money an politics, that's what happens. Sure, a few people may hit it big but the system isn't working to create more wealth; it's only working to redistribute the wealth to fewer and fewer people. They may work very hard at accumulating the wealth but they're not adding value to the economy. The system can't work that way in the long run. The only way the capitalist system works is if the winners add value to the economy. The hedge fund managers and the banks haven't been adding value for a long time. Just the opposite, they have destabilized the economy and created this crisis.

We've been down this road before, in the 1920s. As then, the current crisis has seen a massive redistribution of wealth toward the top and declining purchasing power of a shrinking middle class. People are working just as hard if not harder but they're not being rewarded for the work. So the economy begins to shrink because people don't have enough money to buy things. Then businesses lay people off because there's no demand. It's a downward spiral. Admit it. We have structural problems and a broken system.

Of course, none of that matters to you. You'll bury your head in the sand, sing your little right wing songs and pretend everything is fine - unless of course you want to talk about President Obama and the Democrats, in which case everything is falling apart. You have about as much objectivity as a cheerleader. And you're probably not even cute.

The only mockery has been created by zerO. He's driven unemployment over 9% while spending the country into near bankruptcy. If we don't ship this clown back to Chicago next year we'll be another Greece within 2 years.

The only mockery has been created by zerO. He's driven unemployment over 9% while spending the country into near bankruptcy. If we don't ship this clown back to Chicago next year we'll be another Greece within 2 years.

You didn't respond to a single point. All you know is slogans. As for who created this mess, it wasn't Obama.