harrison tow hawks

Guest guest

Guest guest

IT'S OPEN SEASON ON CARS PARKED AT THE BERGEN STREET MALL ANYONE WHO LEAVES A VEHICLE IS FAIR GAME. SHAME ON YOU THERE ARE SKY-HIGH SIGNS CLEARLY NOT IN LINE OF SIGHT FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT. WAS THIS DONE INTENTIONALLY? BE AWARE OF THE HAWKS LURKING IN THE SHADOWS,ONE MINUTE OVER THE LIMIT,ONE STEP OFF THE PROPERTY JUSTIFIES THESE VULTURES TO TUG,DRAG,PULL OR TAKE WATHEVER ACTION NEEDED TO TAKE POSSESSION OF A VEHICLE,ONCE TOWED AWAY IT CAN NOW BE HELD FOR A RANSOM. THESE ARE NOT ABANDON VEHICLES THERE REMOVAL ARE NOT AUTHORISED BY ANY POLICE AGENCY. IS THIS A LEGITIMATE PRACTICE? HOW DOES THIS REFLECT THE TOWN OF HARRISON,HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT THE STATUS OF THE RED BULL STADIUM,HOW DOES THIS BRING COMMERCE TO THE AREA.WHY SHOULD ANY CITIZEN BE VICTIMIZED BY THIS STEALTHY TACTIC!

Guest Guest

If you are not illegally parking in the lot, then you should have nothing to worry about. That lot serves its purpose of allowing patrons to the mall stores somewhere to park while they shop, eat or are going for processional services. You are not going to park in the quickcheck lot, if you plan on going to Wendy's, since they have their own lot. The businesses in the area have adequate parking. Those who take advantage of the spaces and park and walk down to the PATH, Red Bull Stadium, or even just park and have someone else pick them up while their car stays parked SHOULD be towed, no excuses.

I can't think of ANY examples that would warrant someone to park in these lots and have to leave the premises. Explain to me an instance where someone would have to do so. As for your comments about the signs, I don't know how much bigger of a sign you need. I think they are easily legible and stand out on either end of the lot. You complain they are not within the line of sight, but if you lower it, then people complain that they do not stand out. I personally thing there is proper signage, it is easily legible and they do a good job of patrolling the lot for 'illegally' parked cars.

I am actually glad they enforce the lot and tow unauthorized cars, otherwise you wouldn't be able to park there at all from the commuters and stadium folks.

Keep up the great job!

IT'S OPEN SEASON ON CARS PARKED AT THE BERGEN STREET MALL ANYONE WHO LEAVES A VEHICLE IS FAIR GAME. SHAME ON YOU THERE ARE SKY-HIGH SIGNS CLEARLY NOT IN LINE OF SIGHT FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT. WAS THIS DONE INTENTIONALLY? BE AWARE OF THE HAWKS LURKING IN THE SHADOWS,ONE MINUTE OVER THE LIMIT,ONE STEP OFF THE PROPERTY JUSTIFIES THESE VULTURES TO TUG,DRAG,PULL OR TAKE WATHEVER ACTION NEEDED TO TAKE POSSESSION OF A VEHICLE,ONCE TOWED AWAY IT CAN NOW BE HELD FOR A RANSOM. THESE ARE NOT ABANDON VEHICLES THERE REMOVAL ARE NOT AUTHORISED BY ANY POLICE AGENCY. IS THIS A LEGITIMATE PRACTICE? HOW DOES THIS REFLECT THE TOWN OF HARRISON,HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT THE STATUS OF THE RED BULL STADIUM,HOW DOES THIS BRING COMMERCE TO THE AREA.WHY SHOULD ANY CITIZEN BE VICTIMIZED BY THIS STEALTHY TACTIC!

Just pay the $10.00 it cost to park your car legally when you go to the game and you won't have to pay the fee after being towes. You take this risk whenever you park on privite property without permission.

Guest Guest

It's called "Private Property" you know.. Property that Belongs to someone other than YOU..Their Property Their Rules..dont like it??, DONT PARK THERE STUPID

Guest Tide 368

HEY - send these tow trucks to remove the commercial vans from Cross St. & Central Ave.(see previous topic on this board). Kill 2 hawks with one stone and ever body is happy.

It's called "Private Property" you know.. Property that Belongs to someone other than YOU..Their Property Their Rules..dont like it??, DONT PARK THERE STUPID

Y'know, for some people it's easier to rant and rave about other what other people are doing to them rather than look to see what they are doing wrong.

I came home early from work one day to find a car parked in my driveway - not across it, not in front of it, IN MY DRIVEWAY. I asked the neighbors if it was one of their visitors before calling the PD to have it towed. The guy had the nerve to ring my doorbell and ask me where his car was. He parked there and then took the bus to work. He actually told me I had a lot of nerve having his car towed. I didn't use the driveway, what did I care if he did when I wasn't there? huh?

Y'know, for some people it's easier to rant and rave about other what other people are doing to them rather than look to see what they are doing wrong.

I came home early from work one day to find a car parked in my driveway - not across it, not in front of it, IN MY DRIVEWAY. I asked the neighbors if it was one of their visitors before calling the PD to have it towed. The guy had the nerve to ring my doorbell and ask me where his car was. He parked there and then took the bus to work. He actually told me I had a lot of nerve having his car towed. I didn't use the driveway, what did I care if he did when I wasn't there? huh?

Your exaggerating about something in our story because if a vehicle was parked in your driveway ( actually pulled In like you stated) the police would legally not be able to tow the car. The can issue a ticket for abandonment on private property and it would be up to you to call a tow truck to tow the car.

I understand your trying to make a point, but any of the other officers on the board will tell you the same thing. If the car was parked on the street blocking your driveway then maybe the police towed it. If it's in your driveway NO chance that happened. Imagine the police going onto people's private property towing vehicles. Unless the car is stolen, it's staying there forever until you or the owner moves it.

Your exaggerating about something in our story because if a vehicle was parked in your driveway ( actually pulled In like you stated) the police would legally not be able to tow the car. The can issue a ticket for abandonment on private property and it would be up to you to call a tow truck to tow the car.

I understand your trying to make a point, but any of the other officers on the board will tell you the same thing. If the car was parked on the street blocking your driveway then maybe the police towed it. If it's in your driveway NO chance that happened. Imagine the police going onto people's private property towing vehicles. Unless the car is stolen, it's staying there forever until you or the owner moves it.

On the advice of the police officer I called the tow truck to have the car towed off my property. I didn't realize that I hadn't made that clear in my original post. My apologies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gilligin

if your boat was lost at sea during the storm it could end up on a river bank or some other dock watch out for the tow hawks would they may try to grab them to.

• 3 years later...
Guest former Red Bull fan

Well it is now almost 4 years to the day since the original post about the deceptive business practice of towing cars from the Bergen Street Mall during Red Bull home games! And it continues to happen because it caught me and several others last night. What a haul of cash the owner of this parking lot and the towing company must have made over these 4 years! I can imagine they have the dates of all Red Bull home games circled on their calendars! And what a rude awakening to a family attending their first Red Bull game. The decent thing to do would be to have "eye level" signs placed at the front of these parking spots and not 1 single sign located at one end of the lot that stands close to 7 feet off the ground! But NO, that would put an end to this evident scam. And how did this facility ever get built without adequate plans for enough parking with a paved lot next to the arena? I might accept my fate if it was during a weekday and normal business hours that I was parking in this lot but it was a Sunday night after 7 pm! There was no activity at the immediate businesses located to the rear of my parking spot. I hope the owner of this lot, the towing co. and the city of Harrison are proud of themselves. Taking financial advantage of paying patrons to their fine city. I probably will not attend another Red Bulls game or venture into the city of Harrison ever again. Fool me once is enough for me. I'll travel to the City of Brotherly Love, attend a Philadelphia Union game and park in a properly paved parking lot.