The NEW Kearny BOE

Guest Mr. Kirk

You don't need a vp of curriculum either. He does absolutely nothing to do with curriculum. He does dress code violations. Test scores are down again....What new inititatives has he done to help the students at Kearny High School be competitive with other students trying to get into college....absolutely none...maybe if he can do his work in the gym something will get done..............

It is true the vice prince of curriculm M B does nothing for the school. As of now they hired a nother curriculm position to do his job..Crazy. Lets see if the new Board members take care of that obvious and offensive waste of tax money

Guest Why not the OLD Board?

It is true the vice prince of curriculm M B does nothing for the school. As of now they hired a nother curriculm position to do his job..Crazy. Lets see if the new Board members take care of that obvious and offensive waste of tax money

Obviously you must have not graduated from any school, but anyway, let me pose a question to you. Why is it that the "new Board members" have to do so much clean up work? What have previous board members done.....NOTHING! That is why there is so much waste, unqualified personnel, etc, etc. Previous boards were nothing more than PUPPETS. I applaud what is finally happening within the district. There are many changes needed, but not everything can happen overnight.

Obviously you must have not graduated from any school, but anyway, let me pose a question to you. Why is it that the "new Board members" have to do so much clean up work? What have previous board members done.....NOTHING! That is why there is so much waste, unqualified personnel, etc, etc. Previous boards were nothing more than PUPPETS. I applaud what is finally happening within the district. There are many changes needed, but not everything can happen overnight.

A fact or two would be useful complements to the hype.

A fact or two would be useful complements to the hype.

Here`s a fact for you. King,O`Malley,Leadbeater,Plaugic won`t be anyones puppets. They will do the right thing for our children.

Here`s a fact for you. King,O`Malley,Leadbeater,Plaugic won`t be anyones puppets. They will do the right thing for our children.

Yeah, right. With John Campbell pulling their strings, the ship is sinking fast...

Guest Same old posts

Kearny has the highest property tax rate in the county and is one of the highest in the state, let's hope the new board cares about the taxpayers in the town.

It's apparent that the same old people are posting the same old crap. The tides are changing and the panic button has been hit. I can only imagine what will come out next.

How about the "new board" used up the entire surplus for the BOE budget and the results were a 0% tax increase for this year on the School Tax side of the Town's Budget. This was, by the way, NOT the recommendation of the OLD Super. Now let's see if the Mayor can cut the fat out of his side and stop the BS he wrote in the letter to taxpayers. So remember there is $0.00 dollar increase this year on the School tax side of property taxes. Good job BOE!

Guest Fact Checker

Kearny has the highest property tax rate in the county and is one of the highest in the state, let's hope the new board cares about the taxpayers in the town.

That's misleading. Kearny has the lowest assessment ratio in the County. So the equalized tax rate puts Kearny somewhat above the middle of the pack in the State of New Jersey.

• 2 months later...

Hey citizens of Kearny.... YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!! And we finally have a BOE in place who is looking at the best ineterests of the kids, in addition to watching out for your tax dollars. The new Superintendent seems very good, and he seems to be SINCERE in his interests concerning the kids. A breath of fresh air after dealing with Degesere for the past couple years! The new attorney is very professional, although I also thought Lindenfelser did a good job too.

The new Board Members to this point have fulfilled their promises, and are doing a great job. King is good as President. Castelli does need to be replaced at V.P., we can do that in this year's vote in April but he will be insignificant with the other guys doing their thing. O'Malley, Plaugic, and Leadbeater are tremendous, and their choices already are proving to be excellent, a step up in competency while saving the tax payers money. Nicely done guys! Even some of the old guard like LS, BM and ZV seemed to be impressed and happy...

There is definite change in the air, and it is GOOD. Keep up the good work.

Next, MAKE CHANGE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL!!!! We don't need 3 VP's, knock off the VP of Discipline and return Athletics to an administravtive support position as it always was, save thousands of $

Now, we need to move on and get new blood on the Town Council...

Please run for Mayor again John Leadbeater, we'll make sure there is an ACCURATE count this time!

Edited by KOTW
Empty post

Guest Mouse Police

Yeah, right. With John Campbell pulling their strings, the ship is sinking fast...

So disappointed Paul Castelli didn't win the election for Freeholder. Would have been great to see him off the BOE where he's done absolutely nothing during his 2 terms. Let's see if he has the nerve to run again so he can do nothing for another 3 years. He could run with that other waste of space Campbell, ya know, join forces so Castelli can do nothing & Campbell can go after people he doesn't like.

Guest RAT Police

So disappointed Paul Castelli didn't win the election for Freeholder. Would have been great to see him off the BOE where he's done absolutely nothing during his 2 terms. Let's see if he has the nerve to run again so he can do nothing for another 3 years. He could run with that other waste of space Campbell, ya know, join forces so Castelli can do nothing & Campbell can go after people he doesn't like.

Some of the "old Guard" taking shots already, way ahead of election time. It's called DESPERATION !!! Finally there has been great change at the BOE ! Keep it up, keep gettind good people with the right intentions elected. James Doran Jr., must gooooooooooooooooo! A true puppet from the old way of doing things. The only reason he got elected the first time is because deputy mayor grandpa told everyone to vote for him. He is the pipeline to the Town Hall. He is told what to say, do and how to vote and if this Town wants to go backwards by all means re-elect him.

As for Mr. Castelli, I give him credit for running against another waste of taxpayers dollars. Mouse Police is nothing more than a RAT, trying to stir the pot with wrong information. Had Mr. Castelli won the election he could still be a Board Member by LAW. The Law states an individual can not hold (2) public paying office at the same time. Last time I checked the BOE members are not paid, that is, unless you are one of the "old guard" where deals were cut all the time!

Mr. Castelli has been a very good BOE member, just because he did not side with the "machine" in the past does not make him a bad member, he always did the right thing. Without his old side kick Campbell he has beem superior.

Guest Stick to the Facts

Wow! It’s funny how losing another election can cause some people and their supporters to get off topic. “Old guard” vs. “New guard?” How about one board thats “for our children?” We do need to get good people with the right intentions elected. How about electing people that have our children’s best interest in mind. Sticking to the issues would help, too.

P.S. – James Doran Jr. is a nice guy and is good for the board. I would vote for him again.

Some of the "old Guard" taking shots already, way ahead of election time. It's called DESPERATION !!! Finally there has been great change at the BOE ! Keep it up, keep gettind good people with the right intentions elected. James Doran Jr., must gooooooooooooooooo! A true puppet from the old way of doing things. The only reason he got elected the first time is because deputy mayor grandpa told everyone to vote for him. He is the pipeline to the Town Hall. He is told what to say, do and how to vote and if this Town wants to go backwards by all means re-elect him.

As for Mr. Castelli, I give him credit for running against another waste of taxpayers dollars. Mouse Police is nothing more than a RAT, trying to stir the pot with wrong information. Had Mr. Castelli won the election he could still be a Board Member by LAW. The Law states an individual can not hold (2) public paying office at the same time. Last time I checked the BOE members are not paid, that is, unless you are one of the "old guard" where deals were cut all the time!

Mr. Castelli has been a very good BOE member, just because he did not side with the "machine" in the past does not make him a bad member, he always did the right thing. Without his old side kick Campbell he has beem superior.

Your right, we do need good people,that are good for our children to run for B.O.E. James Doran, is a nice guy,but, not good for the children.I made that MISTAKE once, and anyone that has watched over the last 3 years should no that. James Doran is the Mayors boy, I would rather vote for MICKEY MOUSE!!!

Guest Sonny Boy

Wow! It’s funny how losing another election can cause some people and their supporters to get off topic. “Old guard” vs. “New guard?” How about one board thats “for our children?” We do need to get good people with the right intentions elected. How about electing people that have our children’s best interest in mind. Sticking to the issues would help, too.

P.S. – James Doran Jr. is a nice guy and is good for the board. I would vote for him again.

THANKS MOM !!!

Hey citizens of Kearny.... YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!! And we finally have a BOE in place who is looking at the best ineterests of the kids, in addition to watching out for your tax dollars. The new Superintendent seems very good, and he seems to be SINCERE in his interests concerning the kids. A breath of fresh air after dealing with Degesere for the past couple years! The new attorney is very professional, although I also thought Lindenfelser did a good job too.

The new Board Members to this point have fulfilled their promises, and are doing a great job. King is good as President. Castelli does need to be replaced at V.P., we can do that in this year's vote in April but he will be insignificant with the other guys doing their thing. O'Malley, Plaugic, and Leadbeater are tremendous, and their choices already are proving to be excellent, a step up in competency while saving the tax payers money. Nicely done guys! Even some of the old guard like LS, BM and ZV seemed to be impressed and happy...

There is definite change in the air, and it is GOOD. Keep up the good work.

Next, MAKE CHANGE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL!!!! We don't need 3 VP's, knock off the VP of Discipline and return Athletics to an administravtive support position as it always was, save thousands of $$

Now, we need to move on and get new blood on the Town Council...

Please run for Mayor again John Leadbeater, we'll make sure there is an ACCURATE count this time!

Edited by KOTW
Empty posts x 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest micro manage

I like to take the time to thank the new electrician to sit on the boe he sure knows how to micro manage the exisiting staff ....im sure it has nothing to do about him not getting the assistant to plant directors position.

• 5 months later...