The passing of a legend

exbluetider

Some time ago a forum was started re:the best athletes. Well each generation had their favorites and justifyingly so. But with the passing of Kevin Hoey we lost the best of the best. Had things gone differently we would probably be honoring him with a parade down the Avenue and a huge gathering at Holly Cross. But instead he'll be quitely laid to rest and the family will grieve in private. If it's not too much to ask, how about paying your respects to the family at Mulligan's on Friday, 11/24.

Good-bye Kev and peace be with you.

Some time ago a forum was started re:the best athlcetes. Well each generation had their favorites and justifyingly so. But with the passing of Kevin Hoey we lost the best of the best. Had things gone differently we would probably be honoring him with a parade down the Avenue and a huge gathering at Holly Cross. But instead he'll be quitely laid to rest and the family will grieve in private. If it's not too much to ask, how about paying your respects to the family at Mulligan's on Friday, 11/24.

I happen to be out of state for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and I go on to this board to keep up. I was so sadden to hear about Kevin, he will be in my prayers and he will be missed. I use to love watching him with his grandchildren, he enjoyed them so much. And yes, he was one of the best soccer players.

I happen to be out of state for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and I go on to this board to keep up. I was so sadden to hear about Kevin, he will be in my prayers and he will be missed. I use to love watching him with his grandchildren, he enjoyed them so much. And yes, he was one of the best  soccer players.

Kevin, Johnny McArthur, Richie Butler, Bobby Rowe and I played for 3 Harrison Soccer State Championship Teams in 53-54 and 55. WE had a lot of fun during those days hanging out in Weibolt's and driving around in my Dodge and Johhny's ford with a bucket seat. Kevin was the best athlete ever to play for HHS and was All State-All Groups in 4 sports. No one can to p that. RIP Kevin.

Some time ago a forum was started re:the best athletes. Well each generation had their favorites and justifyingly so. But with the passing of Kevin Hoey we lost the best of the best. Had things gone differently we would probably be honoring him with a parade down the Avenue and a huge gathering at Holly Cross. But instead he'll be quitely laid to rest and the family will grieve in private. If it's not too much to ask, how about paying your respects to the family at Mulligan's on Friday, 11/24.

The church was packed, as was the funeral home, and he looked like his old self.

Rest in peace my old friend!

The church was packed, as was the funeral home, and he looked like his old self.

Rest in peace my old friend!

Mulligan's is one of the few funeral homes you can use around here, if you want to look peaceful, and like your self when the time comes you need an undertaker.

Name the new stadium ''ray lucas'' stadium, at least he made it to the pro's . I don't recall this other guy doing that.  What ever happened to this guy that he fell to the wayside?

Mr. Hoey was the BEST ball player in Harrison History and in Hudson County. Lets give credit where credit is deserved, I am not taking any credit away from Ray because he was an excellent athlete as well.

Name the new stadium ''ray lucas'' stadium, at least he made it to the pro's . I don't recall this other guy doing that.  What ever happened to this guy that he fell to the wayside?

What a joke. Ray Lucas never gave anything back to the town who did so much for him. When asked at speak at a football dinner, he wouldn't do it uless he got paid for it. Didn't make it in the pros for too long did he?

What a joke.  Ray Lucas never gave anything back to the town who did so much for him.  When asked at speak at a football dinner, he wouldn't do it uless he got paid for it.  Didn't make it in the pros for too long did he?

Yes, Ray did make it to the pros, even if it was a short period of time , but he did go pro, this other guy never made it out of town and he is a local hero that never went anyware so why so much hype about his past. Not good enough to go any place other than in the minds of locals,

What a joke.  Ray Lucas never gave anything back to the town who did so much for him.  When asked at speak at a football dinner, he wouldn't do it uless he got paid for it.  Didn't make it in the pros for too long did he?

Didn't Lucas get transferred to the Dophins because the Jets weren't too pleased with his performance and after a year or so, didn't the Dolphins let him go because he was not fulfilling their expectations of him? I heard that he claimed that he 'asked' to leave because of severe arthritis, if so, then why did he then attempt to get picked up by Parcells again and Baltimore, etc?

Ray is a has-been.  He was in the pros for what, 3 or 4 seasons?

and you're a never was...my God how can you no talents demean either one of them.?

Raymond reached the highest level you can reach as a professional football player....starting quarterback in the NFL.Not just for one team but several teams

Kevin in his prime was considered one of the best goal keepers in the freaking world.

Raymond was a 2000pt scorer in h.s. offered several colllege scholarships to play b-ball in college

Kevin played b-ball on a scholarship in college for Seton Hall

They both took different paths in life but they were great fans of each others 'accomplishments

They performed at different times but both brought great honor to Harrison High.

Kevin had seven beautiful daughters, so far Raymond only has three.

The real Irony is that they both had a chance to play for the recently deceased great coach Ralph Borgess 3 decades apart. So all of you get up off your asses,off your pc,put your freaking hands together and celebrate the fact you even had a chance to know about them.They were thirty years apart so pray you're around for the next Kevin or Raymond...they may never pass this way again .Laissez les bon temps roulez

you  got to be kidding,  red bull is not beer./

You are an f-ng asshole!

Despite any shortcomings, he was a great guy. AND he has a family that reads your BS, jerk#ff.

Bottom line, he was BY FAR the greatest sports figure this town ever has or will see

Yes, Ray did make it to the pros, even if it was a short period of time , but he did go pro,  this other guy never made it out of town  and he is a local hero  that never went anyware so why so much hype about his past.  Not good enough to go any place other than in the minds of locals,

You are ill informed. Kevin Hoey played professional soccer in the only professional league around at the time. He could have played in several professional sports but chose soccer which was popular in this area even if not nationally

Ray Lucas is also one of Harrison's best athletes, but it was Kevin who excelled in more different sports at the high school level. This probably makes him Harrison Highs' best all time athlete.