KGC Cheerleading

Guest KGC Supporter

Guest KGC Supporter

For those of you that do not know Kearny Generals Competition Cheerleaders Sr Rec have won a National Championship title at ECA Nationals in April. These girls and boys have had an amazing season winning 1st place majority of the time, a few grand champ wins and a couple 2nd place wins. They work just as hard as any other SPORT and get no recognicion from this town. Whenever a baseball team or soccer team wins a game they are in the Observer right away getting praise from the town but this team was promised many of times that they would be in the paper to show off their huge achievement but nothing has yet to be done. This is the biggest title any team in this town has won in a long time and it is like pulling teeth to even get these kids jackets. It is disgusting and shamefull! The least they could do is promise them a gym for both them and the Jr team with proper mats to practice on. It is so important that they have a gym and mats so that they could reclaim their title next year. They struggled alot this year with limited practices and were still very successful. They only get a gym 2 days a week each team and half of the time they get pushed out by the rude wrestlers, the basketball team, or thisle soccer (who are a private organization not even associated with the rec department) but they all get priority over the Cheerleaders. By the way have any of those teams brought home a National Title? I didnt think so! Hopefully something gets done because this program is only growing more popular and these kids are making a great name for Kearny and they deserve support from the town they represent.

For those of you that do not know Kearny Generals Competition Cheerleaders Sr Rec have won a National Championship title at ECA Nationals in April. These girls and boys have had an amazing season winning 1st place majority of the time, a few grand champ wins and a couple 2nd place wins. They work just as hard as any other SPORT and get no recognicion from this town. Whenever a baseball team or soccer team wins a game they are in the Observer right away getting praise from the town but this team was promised many of times that they would be in the paper to show off their huge achievement but nothing has yet to be done. This is the biggest title any team in this town has won in a long time and it is like pulling teeth to even get these kids jackets. It is disgusting and shamefull! The least they could do is promise them a gym for both them and the Jr team with proper mats to practice on. It is so important that they have a gym and mats so that they could reclaim their title next year. They struggled alot this year with limited practices and were still very successful. They only get a gym 2 days a week each team and half of the time they get pushed out by the rude wrestlers, the basketball team, or thisle soccer (who are a private organization not even associated with the rec department) but they all get priority over the Cheerleaders. By the way have any of those teams brought home a National Title? I didnt think so! Hopefully something gets done because this program is only growing more popular and these kids are making a great name for Kearny and they deserve support from the town they represent.

I was at the Recreation meeting on wednesday 6/22/11 and spoke to the Rec. commissioners about getting jackets for our SR. team. I was told by Mr. Martone and commissioners they would see what can be done. This coming week I will be talking to our local newspaper to see if they would do an article about our National/Grand Champion KGC SR. Competition team.

Guest PUHLEASEE

First, your not going to get anywhere by climbing on the backs of other groups! Second cheerleading a sport please, and dont start about the gymnastics involved and so on, if these girls want to do hand springs or walkovers or whatever join a gymnastic squad. So drop the pom poms and megaphones and have your girls join a real sport!!!

Guest guest

First, your not going to get anywhere by climbing on the backs of other groups! Second cheerleading a sport please, and dont start about the gymnastics involved and so on, if these girls want to do hand springs or walkovers or whatever join a gymnastic squad. So drop the pom poms and megaphones and have your girls join a real sport!!!

What`s wrong with cheerleading? Don`t be jealous because your daughter could`nt make the team. I understand you had to kiss someone`s a** in order for your child to play any other sports.

Guest FROM   tiatdi

them rude wrestlers let you use there mats and gym time so you should thank them

Sorry but those RUDE WRESTLERS do not own the mats, the mats belong to the town of Kearny. And by the way it`s not the wrestlers it`s the wanna be coaches who think they own the mats and school.

Guest guest

My daughter is on the JV team and I know that both teams really do appreciate Tony Caratoura letting them use the mats. He has been very generous with letting them use them but the wrestlers are very rude to the girls when we share the gym with them. I know they dont like the music and the girls can get pretty loud but if the divider is up in Lincoln school you dont even notice they are there. All I am trying to say is that they really do apprectiate Tony letting them use the mats without them they wouldnt have been able to practice at all. Im sure the girls do not want them to think they are ungratefull because they really arent.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

its not a real sport? well excuse you. when you have to practice throwing girl in the air for hours and hours over and over again then come tell me whose a real sport. cheering is ranked the number 3 most dangerous sports out there. and we don't use megaphones and pom poms haha, silly you. seems like youve never seen the hard work and dedication we put threw with the season. obviously winning a national championship doesnt open your eyes. we are a gymnastic and cheering squad, what do you think competition is all about? i guess having 10 1st place trophies doesnt make us a sport, show me any other team with more trophies than us this season. yeah i thought so.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Kgcfan

And

Lol kgc is by far the best team!!!!

• 2 years later...
Guest Proud of Cheer

Saddly, this posting was in 2011 & here it is 2015 & nothing has changed. Amazingly, there are now 4 competition cheer teams ranging from the ages of 6-18 & still no town support! Why hasn't it been recognized anywhere in town that both the JV & Varsity teams won 1st place this past Sat, and on Sunday JV won 2nd pl & Varsity 1st pl, with the Varsity team taking home GRAND CHAMPS on BOTH days! These boys & girls work extremely hard all week long in a small little gym with no mats or equipment because our town does not take them seriously or support them in anyway! Maybe it would help to go to a practice or even a competiton to see them in action! People can hate on them & claim that cheerleading is not a sport, but unless you have been there yourself to see them sweat, bleed & work their tails off, you have nothing to back up your claim! These 4 groups are an amazing group of kids that are staying off the streets & out of trouble! We represent the town in a very positive way, so why is there no support???? It's so sad!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BOTH JV & VARSITY! KEEP UP THE HARD WORK & NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!

Guest Supportive parent

It is crazy that the inital posting on this was in 2011 & here it is 2015, & still nothing has changed. I would like to congratulate the Kearny Generals Competition Cheer teams! The JV team in winning 1st pl on Sat & 2nd pl on Sun. & the Varsity team for winning 1st pl on Sat, 1st pl on Sun & also taking home GRAND CHAMPIONS on both days! There is no surprise to their success as these kids work extremely hard all week long, even though they have to settle in a small gym without any mats or equipment because the town does not take them seriously or give them any support! There are now 4 teams with boys & girls ranging in the ages of 6-18. The teams, coaches & parents are out there representing the town of Kearny in a much positive way! It would be nice for all of these amazing kids that are staying off the streets & out of trouble, to be recognized & rewarded with some support! People can hate & say that Cheerleading in not a sport, but unless they have been there to see them all sweat, bleed & work their tails off, the claim is meaningless! What can we do to get the town to support these kids??

CONGRATS KGC! KEEP UP THE HARD WORK & NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!

KGC did awesome at the Just Cheer competition today and I am proud to be a former Kearny cheerleader. These girls practice hours upon hours and even with injuries continue with their dedication to one of the hardest sports out there. The fact that the town does not support them is sad.,..I no longer live in town but cheese them on today! How is what they do any different than other sports in town...