Media Bias

Guest Loki

Okay, a little more food for thought. On abcnews.com, there is a story about how Harry Reid has drawn the attention of those investigating Jack Abramoff. For those who read or watch various news programs, this is old news, but to the crack staff at ABC, it is only now being discovered. After the election!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, a little more food for thought.  On abcnews.com, there is a story about how Harry Reid has drawn the attention of those investigating Jack Abramoff.  For those who read or watch various news programs, this is old news, but to the crack staff at ABC, it is only now being discovered.  After the election!!!

If it's "old news" on various programs it would seem that your title of "media bias" isn't really appropriate, seems more like it should be "ABC--Asleep at the Wheel"

Guest BushBacker
Okay, a little more food for thought.  On abcnews.com, there is a story about how Harry Reid has drawn the attention of those investigating Jack Abramoff.  For those who read or watch various news programs, this is old news, but to the crack staff at ABC, it is only now being discovered.  After the election!!!

All the network news stations, ABC, CBS and NBC are left wing puppets of the defeatocrats. Something like that doesn't surprise me in the least. Fox News is the only station that will give you both sides of an issue. (now watch the Kool-aiders chime in) LOL

All the network news stations, ABC, CBS and NBC are left wing puppets of the defeatocrats.  Something like that doesn't surprise me in the least. Fox News is the only station that will give you both sides of an issue.  (now watch the Kool-aiders chime in)  LOL

You are such a sick person! FOX? Part of that great media company that will bring OJ's step by step murder instructions right into your living room? And YOU DEPEND on them for news? YOU need professional help!

You are such a sick person!  FOX?  Part of that great media company that will bring OJ's step by step murder instructions right into your living room? And YOU DEPEND on them for news?  YOU need professional help!

Irony is so ironic, don't you think? Just last week CNN was praised for "THEIR" step by step reporting of murder. Don't get me wrong, OJ shouldn't get a dime, and if there is payment, it should go directly to the winners of the civil trial. I don't believe OJ has paid a dime yet.

But, to patently discount anything Fox News airs is ridiculous. Do they lean . . . . .Yes. Do they, unlike the other cable programs and networks, normally have one spokesman each from the two sides of a debate . . . . . . . .Yes again. Maybe, and its a matter of opinion, "fair and balanced" is an overstatement, but my word, at least they make an effort.

Irony is so ironic, don't you think?  Just last week CNN was praised for "THEIR" step by step reporting of murder.  Don't get me wrong, OJ shouldn't get a dime, and if there is payment, it should go directly to the winners of the civil trial.  I don't believe OJ has paid a dime yet.

I hope that's an attempt at sarcasm because if you're serious you may be several steps lower on the common sense scale than either BushWacker or PatRat and THAT's low.

I didn't see it but I assume you're referring to what numbnut PatRat called a 'snuff' film? Just how does showing a filmed event in a war zone compare with selling air time for someone to describe how to commit a murder?

Irony is so ironic, don't you think?  Just last week CNN was praised for "THEIR" step by step reporting of murder.  Don't get me wrong, OJ shouldn't get a dime, and if there is payment, it should go directly to the winners of the civil trial.  I don't believe OJ has paid a dime yet.

But, to patently discount anything Fox News airs is ridiculous.  Do they lean . . . . .Yes.  Do they, unlike the other cable programs and networks, normally have one spokesman each from the two sides of a debate . . . . . . . .Yes again.  Maybe, and its a matter of opinion, "fair and balanced" is an overstatement, but my word, at least they make an effort.

CNN praised? When?

All I saw was a typically lame attempt by PatRat that accused them of airing a 'snuff' film, The FACT that there was NO public outcry by the White House, the Pentagon, or other media outlets just confirms that it was typical PatRat BS with no factual basis.

I didn't see praise, I saw statements that CNN aired a film taken on a battlefield that is really no different from film taken on Omaha Beach, Iwo Jima, or any number of other battlefields.

To say that CBS, NBS, and ABC are all biased while FOX is the only network making an effort at balanced reporting is ludicrous to the extreme. And to compare war reporting to the OJ pandering for dollars is even worse.

The neo-Nazi-con version of media bias:

George W Bush lies

CBS, NBC, and ABC report that Bush lies

FOX reports Bush shared his vision

The neo-Nazi-con conclusion:

CBS, NBC, and ABC are biased

Bush is a visionary

Oh.................

And Bill Clinton is really satan

The neo-Nazi-con version of media bias:

George W Bush lies

CBS, NBC, and ABC report that Bush lies

FOX reports Bush shared his vision

The neo-Nazi-con conclusion:

CBS, NBC, and ABC are biased

Bush is a visionary

Oh.................

And Bill Clinton is really satan

WOOHOO!!!!!! And Godwin's Law strikes yet again!!!!!!!

Guest A proud american
WOOHOO!!!!!! And Godwin's Law strikes yet again!!!!!!!

Wasn't it just a couple of months ago that all the bushbackers were crowing bout the pathway to 9-11. I believe that it was shown on ABC. Was that liberal bias. And as far as NBC and CBS they report the news. It's left to the people to decide whether the story is biased or not. Personally I watch MSNBC and CNN. They have both Liberal and conservative shows and sometimes it's hard to figure out who is who because they will go after both parties. However that leaves Fox News. I guess they have to call themselves Fox News because Comedy Central is already taken.

Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns the Post and several other papers. The head of Fox News is Roger Ailles who worked in the White House for the Republicans. It may just be a coincidence, but Fox News was started around the time that Rupert was trying to change the law allowing for a Company to own more than one TV station and paper in a community. Where the major channels are now also owned by Corporations as a result of this law old Fox News does something the others don't. They get their news straight from the White House. They are given briefings and then allowed to cherry pick the info to their alleged journalists. Fair and Balanced? That is when opposing opinions appear in equal proportions. At Fox, you are likely to have a conservative on a program 93 percent of the time. Check it for yourself if you doubt what I'm saying. And their Journalists? Bill O'Reilly? Shaun Hannity?. Good luck convincing anyone that they're Journalists. If fact the ratings at Fox are tanking to the point that Old Roger is threatening to fire people if they don't improve. Heres a suggestion fire the whole bunch and call it the you must believe everything the White House tells us news.

Guest Patriot
Wasn't it just a couple of months ago that all the bushbackers were crowing bout the pathway to 9-11. I believe that it was shown on ABC. Was that liberal bias. And as far as NBC and CBS they report the news. It's left to the people to decide whether the story is biased or not. Personally I watch MSNBC and CNN. They have both Liberal and conservative shows and sometimes it's hard to figure out who is who because they will go after both parties. However that leaves Fox News. I guess they have to call themselves Fox News because Comedy Central is already taken.

Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns the Post and several other papers. The head of Fox News is Roger Ailles who worked in the White House for the Republicans. It may just be a coincidence, but Fox News was started around the time that Rupert was trying to change the law allowing for a Company to own more than one TV station and paper in a community. Where the major channels are now also owned by Corporations as a result of this law old Fox News does something the others don't. They get their news straight from the White House. They are given briefings and then allowed to cherry pick the info to their alleged journalists. Fair and Balanced? That is when opposing opinions appear in equal proportions. At Fox, you are likely to have a conservative on a program 93 percent of the time. Check it for yourself if you doubt what I'm saying. And their Journalists? Bill O'Reilly? Shaun Hannity?. Good luck convincing anyone that they're Journalists. If fact the ratings at Fox are tanking to the point that Old Roger is threatening to fire people if they don't improve. Heres a suggestion fire the whole bunch and call it the you must believe everything the White House tells us news.

Fox ratings are tanking ??? In your dreams, Kool-aid breath. Fox has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined, by a wide margin. That drives you Kool-aiders crazy, because more and more people are wising up to the left wing garbage that's being regurgitated by the network news channels and switching to Fox.

Fox ratings are tanking ???  In your dreams, Kool-aid breath.  Fox has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined, by a wide margin. That drives you Kool-aiders crazy, because more and more people are wising up to the left wing garbage that's being regurgitated by the network news channels and switching to Fox.

And what do ratings have to do with quality and accuracy?

NOTHING!

The Coulter B**ch's book was actually #1 for a brief time, just proves that even toilet paper will sell to the masses.

And going by YOUR past record of BASELESS LIES the ratings you CLAIM are probably BS anyway.

NOTHING!

The Coulter B**ch's book was actually #1 for a brief time, just proves that even toilet paper will sell to the masses.

And going by YOUR past record of BASELESS LIES the ratings you CLAIM are probably BS anyway.

As were both Clinton "fictional autobiographies." Good point.

Guest a proud american
Fox ratings are tanking ???  In your dreams, Kool-aid breath.  Fox has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined, by a wide margin. That drives you Kool-aiders crazy, because more and more people are wising up to the left wing garbage that's being regurgitated by the network news channels and switching to Fox.

You should let Roger Ailles know that because he's threatening to fire people if their ratings don't improve. And as a matter of fact, on the MSNBC side of the news, shows like O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmbs trail in the ratings to Countdown and Joe Scarborough just to name a few.

Guest Patriot

NOTHING!

Let me guess...... you depend on CNN and MSNBC for quality and accuracy. LOL.

You're always good for a laugh with your radical left talking points. Typical defeatocrat mantra; deny, deny, deny. Drink up, your Kool-aid's getting warm.

Let me guess...... you depend on CNN and MSNBC for quality and accuracy. LOL.

You're always good for a laugh with your radical left talking points.  Typical defeatocrat mantra; deny, deny, deny.  Drink up, your Kool-aid's getting warm.

Guess? Here's two thinks I KNOW for sure YOU are capable of:

LIES

ASININE Kool-Aid Remarks.

Guest BushBacker
You should let Roger Ailles know that because he's threatening to fire people if their ratings don't improve. And as a matter of fact, on the MSNBC side of the news, shows like O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmbs trail in the ratings to Countdown and Joe Scarborough just to name a few.

O'Reilly trailing Scarborough ?? LOL That's a good one.

Guest Concerned Citizen
I hope that's an attempt at sarcasm because if you're serious you may be several steps lower on the common sense scale than either BushWacker or PatRat and THAT's low.

I didn't see it but I assume you're referring to what numbnut PatRat called a 'snuff' film?  Just how does showing a filmed event in a war zone compare with selling air time for someone to describe how to commit a murder?

I find it incredible, unpatriotic and disgraceful that you would defend a film produced by terrorists that show an american soldier being killed by a sniper.

By calling it "a filmed event in a war zone" leaves me shaking my head, you're a disgusting piece of garbage.