Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Changes

Guest Guest

We do not need a full time fire Dept, They do not go out that often as it is.....We need to go to volunteer Fire Dept, east Newark has it and they are a fine Team, These Firemen in Harrison are over Paid to lay around and do nothing....We need Our Police Dept.....No laying off Police and Put More on, this could be done by going with a Volunteer Fire Dept....But McD**ba** is too stupid to figure that out.......Bunch of Jackass running this Town...and crooks as well...anyone who wants to pickit the Town hall to save Our Police dept post on here ....Save Our Police Dept, Harrison is not as safe as You think it is.....

They mean well but the ENFD isnt a fine "Team". They really dont do anything at fires but clean up when they get called out of town. And the 1 fire every decade they have in town Harrison has to put it out for them. You people dont have a clue.

Guest guest

wow another cop badmouthing the mayor and the fd ,get a life you are so stupid you think you will get a raise by doing this.get rid of the fd so the pd can all get raises to rid the town of all the gangs and carjackings what world do you live in , you think you work in the so bronx or something.

Guest Guestimate

I CAN PREDICT YOU FAILED ENGLISH BASIC, YOU CANT SPELL AND YET YOU WANT PEOPLE TO AGREE WITH YOU? REALLY?????? YOUR REALLY SAD, STOP ALARMING PEOPLE AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

LOL. "can't" and "you're". Idiot.

We do not need a full time fire Dept, They do not go out that often as it is.....We need to go to volunteer Fire Dept, east Newark has it and they are a fine Team, These Firemen in Harrison are over Paid to lay around and do nothing....We need Our Police Dept.....No laying off Police and Put More on, this could be done by going with a Volunteer Fire Dept....But McD**ba** is too stupid to figure that out.......Bunch of Jackass running this Town...and crooks as well...anyone who wants to pickit the Town hall to save Our Police dept post on here ....Save Our Police Dept, Harrison is not as safe as You think it is.....

What works in one town doesn't always work in every other town. Establishing a volunteer FD isn't as easy as you think it is.

It is very important for long term safty that harrison be protected by paid firefighters with quick response times. The residences are just way to close together.

The police department should not be cut either. Neither department should be. HFD should also keep the EMS service they offer. Switching to an outside private company will only cost the tax payers more money.

Guest Guest

I don't care what happens anymore. Starve to death for all I care. As long as those cuts are made and the 35% medical is paid, the world could break in half and I wouldn't notice.

They mean well but the ENFD isnt a fine "Team". They really dont do anything at fires but clean up when they get called out of town. And the 1 fire every decade they have in town Harrison has to put it out for them. You people dont have a clue.

Your still living in the past. Making statements such as these are childish. Especially how untrue this is.

You wanna know what a fine "Team" is? Well its when our local fire departments all work together to get the job done and not let silly statements like the poster above made get in the way. Now thats a Fine TEAM!

Guest dp

What works in one town doesn't always work in every other town. Establishing a volunteer FD isn't as easy as you think it is.

It is very important for long term safty that harrison be protected by paid firefighters with quick response times. The residences are just way to close together.

The police department should not be cut either. Neither department should be. HFD should also keep the EMS service they offer. Switching to an outside private company will only cost the tax payers more money.

I have to say the HFD did a fantatic job in the last 3 times I needed them due to an emergency.And my husband had a heart attach over the weekend and they were quick and very concerned and did a great job.Both times were emergency's and its very scarry.Please do not get rid of the EMT's.

"dp",

It's posts like yours that negate all the posts that people like "guest" vomit up.

I'm happy to hear that when the time came you and your husband got everything you needed because that is our job.

No Firefighter wants to see a lost life on his watch much less someones belongings in a fire or worse their home regardless of how unpreventable these things sometimes are we still regard them as a loss, a "what else could we have done?" situation.

I hope you never need us again but if you do we'll do all that we can for you.

That's our job.

Have a great weekend.

jus sayin

Guest Guest

Your still living in the past. Making statements such as these are childish. Especially how untrue this is.

You wanna know what a fine "Team" is? Well its when our local fire departments all work together to get the job done and not let silly statements like the poster above made get in the way. Now thats a Fine TEAM!

Sorry Doc. I agree with you most of the time but the poster you replied to didnt make "silly" statements. They are pretty true. I doubt he was bashing anybody by saying they mean well, but i have also seen them "operate" at fires. They dont get used until the fire is out and they fire they had last year the HFD were the ones to put the fire out. They are a good bunch of men and women looking to help(except for McCormick who only joined to try to further stick it to the HFD) but the fact of the matter is they dont see alot of fires and when they do get called they kind of just watch.

I have to say the HFD did a fantatic job in the last 3 times I needed them due to an emergency.And my husband had a heart attach over the weekend and they were quick and very concerned and did a great job.Both times were emergency's and its very scarry.Please do not get rid of the EMT's.

Great to hear. You said like I've been saying time and time again. Harrison FD should continue to run the EMS. They do a great job with it. They help bring in some money to support the FD budget as well. Keep this service in the hands of the HFD!

Guest Guest

Still paying down those ambulance bills everytime the HFD shows up. If you have another coronary, are they gonna check the computer to see if you have paid up to decide if they are gonna send somebody or not. How much help, " ON the arm," do you get before you get cut off.

Guest Guest

Great to hear. You said like I've been saying time and time again. Harrison FD should continue to run the EMS. They do a great job with it. They help bring in some money to support the FD budget as well. Keep this service in the hands of the HFD!

Just bring back "The Bun" already.

Sorry Doc. I agree with you most of the time but the poster you replied to didnt make "silly" statements. They are pretty true. I doubt he was bashing anybody by saying they mean well, but i have also seen them "operate" at fires. They dont get used until the fire is out and they fire they had last year the HFD were the ones to put the fire out. They are a good bunch of men and women looking to help(except for McCormick who only joined to try to further stick it to the HFD) but the fact of the matter is they dont see alot of fires and when they do get called they kind of just watch.

When a FD responds mutual aid to another town they can only do as much as that town asks them.

Often times when ENFD responds to Harrison or Kearny Fire they will often be assigned to be the "FAST" or "RIT" at first. Even if it's late in the incident. Often these guys look like they are doing nothing. It's a good thing when they do nothing also as that means no one is trapped inside. What is a FAST?

The fire they had last year they put out. Harrison was quick to the scene and connected the hydrant and put up ladders. (A crucial part of the operation) East Newark had a hose line already operating in the building when Harrison arrived.

Guest Guest

You are so right is saying that E. Newark is a ,"fine team." They have the proper equipment and manpower necessary to extinguish a fire. A Volunteer Fire Department could easily handle Kearny, E. Newark, and Harrison. If the Governor says there will be no more paid fire departments in West Hudson, then that is the end of it. There will be no bargaining, bickering, or complaining. The equpment will be sold to other towns and it's good bye to the Fire Departments. It could happen just that quick. Who cares if there are like 150 people on welfare. There were 40,000 lost at Enron and Woldcom. Nobody is gonna cry about pitfull little Harrison and Kearny. Tumbleweed, NJ will appear. Do you think any one is going to care? Nobody of importance, even their own Mayors and Councils, all live down the shore with some crap little shack in town they call home for political purposes. They are concerned about their families only and what Firemen? You sense of importance is way overstated. Little maggots blockig the view, thats all.

Guest Guest

When a FD responds mutual aid to another town they can only do as much as that town asks them.

Often times when ENFD responds to Harrison or Kearny Fire they will often be assigned to be the "FAST" or "RIT" at first. Even if it's late in the incident. Often these guys look like they are doing nothing. It's a good thing when they do nothing also as that means no one is trapped inside. What is a FAST?

The fire they had last year they put out. Harrison was quick to the scene and connected the hydrant and put up ladders. (A crucial part of the operation) East Newark had a hose line already operating in the building when Harrison arrived.

Neither town uses EN as a Rapid Intervention Team. Thats all you need is a couple of no nothings coming in for you when the S hits the fan. Stop dreaming Doc you are better than that.

You are so right is saying that E. Newark is a ,"fine team." They have the proper equipment and manpower necessary to extinguish a fire. A Volunteer Fire Department could easily handle Kearny, E. Newark, and Harrison. If the Governor says there will be no more paid fire departments in West Hudson, then that is the end of it. There will be no bargaining, bickering, or complaining. The equpment will be sold to other towns and it's good bye to the Fire Departments. It could happen just that quick. Who cares if there are like 150 people on welfare. There were 40,000 lost at Enron and Woldcom. Nobody is gonna cry about pitfull little Harrison and Kearny. Tumbleweed, NJ will appear. Do you think any one is going to care? Nobody of importance, even their own Mayors and Councils, all live down the shore with some crap little shack in town they call home for political purposes. They are concerned about their families only and what Firemen? You sense of importance is way overstated. Little maggots blockig the view, thats all.

A volunteer department could not "easily" handle Kearny, E. Newark and Harrison. You are nuts!! You do realize you would need about 275-300 volunteers to handle that right?

Guest ??????GUEST???????

You are right about one thing. Harrison can not afford to lay off Police Officers. But you are wrong about another. Harrison would not be better off with a volunteer department. What works in East Newark does not mean it would work in Harrison. Harrison FD is a lot buisier then you think. The residents aren't better off with a volunteer fd. Far from it.

Man power should remain around 40 odd guys in Harrison. They should have 8 guys on at least per shift. reduction down to 24 firefighters is outright scary.

Harrison Tax payers wake up your fire insurance will sky rocket! Sure maybe the two sides need to get together and figure out how to make some savings but it can't start with lowering manpower to 24 firefighters. That is insanity!

Volunteer Fire Dept IS the way to go, and East Newark has a very good Volunteer Fire Dept....Volunteer Fire Depts do very well, East Newark has and will continue to do so, We need Police Officers to protecet this Town, Go on the Harrison Archives site and they say harrison is a safe town, NOT......We need more cops not laying off of Cops, Or better yet get rid of some of these made up job position that Mayor and Council Friends have to put some money back into the Town, also these people collecting more than 1 pension....SNEAKS, LIARS, THIEVES. That is all they are

Guest *****GUEST******

A volunteer department could not "easily" handle Kearny, E. Newark and Harrison. You are nuts!! You do realize you would need about 275-300 volunteers to handle that right?

Most certainly can work with a volunteer fire Dept....Volunteers are proud Firemen and woman.....and they do not do it for the money, they do it for the love of doing their job and helping......VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT all the Way.....Great East Newark Fire Dept....I would call You Guys and Gals any day for a fire......

Guest Guest

Who is this person who is happy when someone loses their job. He must have had a miserable childhood. I think it's the same person who was writing demeaning letters to supervisors a few years ago. I think he is a disgruntled Patrolman.

The HPD should not have any layoffs or demotions. They are now working shorthanded. With the addition of more housing and the Red Bull Stadium, more officers are needed not less. Having said that, I believe that if you have over 25 years on the job you should retire. Raises are going to be less then 2% and you will begin paying up to 30% of your health benefits. Do the math and get out while you can.

The merging of the HPD and ENPD should be done as soon as possible. The HFD and the ENFD should also merge.

Listen, no one likes to see anyone loose thier job but I am tired of paying such high property taxes for salries whom don't do anything but sleep and eat on duty. I lost my job 3 years ago and you don't hear me crying on anyone's shoulders. Besides that it rediculas to have lifetime bennies, no one has that why should I pay for you to have them. Its only right. You people were having the life of Rielly too long. You should have to pay just like we all do have done.

Most certainly can work with a volunteer fire Dept....Volunteers are proud Firemen and woman.....and they do not do it for the money, they do it for the love of doing their job and helping......VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT all the Way.....Great East Newark Fire Dept....I would call You Guys and Gals any day for a fire......

And where are you getting these 250+ volunteers to handle all 3 towns?

Guest Officer Friendly

It should be the FIREMAN who should never be fired. They should hire 50 more. A volunteer Fire Department would never work. The Mayor and Council should never let such a travesty happen. I hope the town hires 50 more Fireman and no cops. As a Police Officer I'm making so much money with my salary, the Red Bulls, construction work, seatbelt program, Harrison Gardens patrol, overtime, and now the State is making plans to have a major oil pipeline being built underground that goes partially thru Harrison (check NJ.com for that one) that with the amount of cops we have now I'll make $200,000.00 in the next year. Last year I only made $130,000.00. A 200K Patrolman might be the first in NJ. GO HARRISON!! When I am on regular duty, I only hide in one spot and go to a call when they send me specifically anyway so being tired is no problem. Gotta LUV IT!!

Guest ********GUEST********

And where are you getting these 250+ volunteers to handle all 3 towns?

Did You ever hear of the saying Build it and they will come????? Well put the word out that We need Volunteer Firemen and I bet You They will come, For the Pride of protecting their Towns and Communities....These Firemen are over paid, Why because they do nothing more than lay around and take the Town vehicles and fire engines out to pick up there lunches, have seen this being done...TaxPayers money here.....VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT....ALL the Way....We need more Police Officers...and Yes I do know where there are a few hiding spots for the Police cars one is by Campbell Foundation..That is why We need more cops that will do their Jobs....Most cops do it a few are poor excuses of cops.

Guest **********GUEST*********

It should be the FIREMAN who should never be fired. They should hire 50 more. A volunteer Fire Department would never work. The Mayor and Council should never let such a travesty happen. I hope the town hires 50 more Fireman and no cops. As a Police Officer I'm making so much money with my salary, the Red Bulls, construction work, seatbelt program, Harrison Gardens patrol, overtime, and now the State is making plans to have a major oil pipeline being built underground that goes partially thru Harrison (check NJ.com for that one) that with the amount of cops we have now I'll make $200,000.00 in the next year. Last year I only made $130,000.00. A 200K Patrolman might be the first in NJ. GO HARRISON!! When I am on regular duty, I only hide in one spot and go to a call when they send me specifically anyway so being tired is no problem. Gotta LUV IT!!

and it is asshole Cops like You they need to replace.....Greedy inconsiderate Jerk, Who do You have hiding in the back of the car that You hide in ???????

Guest ******Guest*****

LOL. "can't" and "you're". Idiot.

You must not have anything important to say if all You can do is remark on someones spelling, As long as they make their point the spelling does not matter....

Guest Guest

Don't look to the Mayor and council to solve a problem that they have created. Remember the hotel which was going to put Harrison's tax payers on easy street? Then it was the stadium, then the new apartment developments. Who is on Easy Street? How about Jim Doran and his $225,000 job. He makes more than the governor. How about Dolaghan and Family? Their combined family total payroll in Harrison is over a million dollars. The Mayor and Bennit both got to retire from PV with pensions. Most of the people on the council couldn't find a job in the private sector. Most have no education or skills. The problem is not the cops, firemen, teachers, or town workers it's our inept leadership who has only succeed in enriching themselves, their friends and families

One "minor" correction to your blog, Doran's salary is $275,000....not to mention the $100,000 bonus he received this year because the students passed a state mandated test,