Nepotism

Guest guest

Guest guest

Anyone have an accurate count as to how many employees in the Harrison school system are related to members of the Town Council or the Board of Education?

As more have been added this year, I am wondering how it can possibly be rationalized that these people are being hired because they are the best candidates?

I think there are serious efforts being made this year to improve the schools but the administration has no credibility with the public as long as these hires continue to be made.

Guest Guest

Anyone have an accurate count as to how many employees in the Harrison school system are related to members of the Town Council or the Board of Education?

As more have been added this year, I am wondering how it can possibly be rationalized that these people are being hired because they are the best candidates?

I think there are serious efforts being made this year to improve the schools but the administration has no credibility with the public as long as these hires continue to be made.

The superintendent and the mayor have no clue on how to save money and improve the school system, for they have no children in the school and never did. They certainly know how to hire their family members and friends and not cheap. Their pay is higher than any teacher that truly is giving the effort to educate the kids of Harrison. Teachers are not appreciated for their effort so why should they give any effort in staying around after work? Teachers are only threatened by the power that be on ELECTION DAY, BETTER WORK ON OUR CAMPAIGN OR ELSE YOU MIGHT BE CLEANING TOILETS.

Guest ******GUEST******

You can say that again, they only hire People that are related to People who already have Family working in town, just like the Teachers, Why is a Sub the Son of 1 of the Twins that are teachers in Harrison, Because Who they know, I do not care if He is only a sub or Full time teacher Getting a little tired of it.....I have been asking a long time if there is any one that can sit down and make a list of everyone that works in this Town and match up who is related to Who.....Because that is all it is in this Town.....All Kiss asses....So I am going to get together with some Friends and make a list see what We can come up with.....Something has always stunk in Harrison and has gotten worse since MCDUMASS became Mayor.....and it is not Passaic valley , just because all the crooked Politicians work there, oh excuse Me they all seem to be retireing from there???????????? WHY.

Guest Guest

Go to The Payroll Dept. in Town Hall and get a list of every person who gets a check, their name, salary, and position. It's public record, they MUST give it to you. If they refuse, it's a civil offense and possibly even criminal. Then make the connections. I know I would LOVE to see that!!

Guest Guest

Nepotism and patronage at the higher levels in Harrison has trickled down to the get you foot in the door jobs. Seriously, how many minority employess does Harrison have except women. Probably in the area or 1%. It's really not fair and seems to be getting worse. If someone in Harrison retires do you think it's possible that a minority will be offered the position? It's just wrong. I am a caucasion male and see it as a problem. If we have a black President and the richest man in the world is a Mexican, whats the excuse? Racial divide is all I can see. It's not right.

Guest guest

How is that list coming along? Keep talking to people (especially the kids) and you will hear about how everyone in the school system is connected. Really amazing.

Guest Guest

Here is suggested wording which I thought might be helpful.

Nepotism Policy:

Decisions about hiring, promoting, evaluating, awarding salary increases, and terminating employees are based on qualifications for the position, ability, and performance.

The Nepotism Policy prohibits the hiring of any employees or consultants who are family members of current school system employees, Board of Education members or Town Council members.

Family members are defined as an employee’s parent, child, spouse, in-law, domestic partner, brother, sister, cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, grandparent, and any step relationships within the preceding categories.

The policy is intended to ensure effective supervision, internal discipline, security, safety, and positive morale in the workplace. It also seeks to avoid the perception of favoritism, conflicts in loyalty, discrimination, the appearance of impropriety, and conflicts of interest.

This policy will be retroactive and will be applied to every current and future employee of the school system.

Guest Bubba

Here is suggested wording which I thought might be helpful.

Nepotism Policy:

Decisions about hiring, promoting, evaluating, awarding salary increases, and terminating employees are based on qualifications for the position, ability, and performance.

The Nepotism Policy prohibits the hiring of any employees or consultants who are family members of current school system employees, Board of Education members or Town Council members.

Family members are defined as an employee’s parent, child, spouse, in-law, domestic partner, brother, sister, cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, grandparent, and any step relationships within the preceding categories.

The policy is intended to ensure effective supervision, internal discipline, security, safety, and positive morale in the workplace. It also seeks to avoid the perception of favoritism, conflicts in loyalty, discrimination, the appearance of impropriety, and conflicts of interest.

This policy will be retroactive and will be applied to every current and future employee of the school system.

Wow, there would be no one left! Clean slate. GO FOR IT (and good luck, you'll need it)!

Guest Guest

You can say that again, they only hire People that are related to People who already have Family working in town, just like the Teachers, Why is a Sub the Son of 1 of the Twins that are teachers in Harrison, Because Who they know, I do not care if He is only a sub or Full time teacher Getting a little tired of it.....I have been asking a long time if there is any one that can sit down and make a list of everyone that works in this Town and match up who is related to Who.....Because that is all it is in this Town.....All Kiss asses....So I am going to get together with some Friends and make a list see what We can come up with.....Something has always stunk in Harrison and has gotten worse since MCDUMASS became Mayor.....and it is not Passaic valley , just because all the crooked Politicians work there, oh excuse Me they all seem to be retireing from there???????????? WHY.

DOLOGHAN = 7

DORAN = 4

HUARANGA = 3

NASCIMENTO = 3

BENNETTE = 2

MCDONOUGH = 5

Guest Steely Dan

everyone that inbreed town who is on the Harrison payroll is related to someone higher up on the hiring chain, either through marriage or blood. And except for a few that is a stone cold fact.

Guest Guest

DOLOGHAN = 7

DORAN = 4

HUARANGA = 3

NASCIMENTO = 3

BENNETTE = 2

MCDONOUGH = 5

Yo forgot the Greene family who had 5 at 1 time with a Police and Fire Chief a Battalion Chief and 2 teachers. Although now only the 2 teachers are left.

Guest guest

If you are really serious , you can easily solve your problem.

Call the gov. office. The phone numbers are on the website. Or you can email the office from the website. I did it for my town, and within two weeks i was called by a woman who worked for the gov to talk about my issue.

Harrison is going to be getting a nice big cash flow since the courts are ordering the state to dump more money into poor school districts. The governor is NOT happy at all about this, and if he finds out there is illegal hiring going on, the office will come in and investigate just like they did in other parts of the state.

You will see how many people resign after they are forced to show how family members were hired, why are they qualified ect. It will open up a ton of jobs for people who live in town and want a shot at them. You can sit on the website and complain all you want, but if you want something to be done about it, make the call or send the email. This governor actually takes action. Even more so now that the court gave their ruling.

Guest Guest

If you are really serious , you can easily solve your problem.

Call the gov. office. The phone numbers are on the website. Or you can email the office from the website. I did it for my town, and within two weeks i was called by a woman who worked for the gov to talk about my issue.

Harrison is going to be getting a nice big cash flow since the courts are ordering the state to dump more money into poor school districts. The governor is NOT happy at all about this, and if he finds out there is illegal hiring going on, the office will come in and investigate just like they did in other parts of the state.

You will see how many people resign after they are forced to show how family members were hired, why are they qualified ect. It will open up a ton of jobs for people who live in town and want a shot at them. You can sit on the website and complain all you want, but if you want something to be done about it, make the call or send the email. This governor actually takes action. Even more so now that the court gave their ruling.

Isn't there a Nepotism Policy on the books for the Board of Education. Have any of the Board of Education members and our administrator read the policy. It prohibits the type of hiring that is happening at the Harrison Board of Education.

What are the penalties for such violations? Firing. Indictment.

Guest Guest

I have been corresponding with the so-called assistants, correspondents, staff, whatever... for about 6 months now at the Governors office. I give then the names, titles, salaries and everything else you would consider " corruption, nepotism, and patronage in Harrison." At several points the individual I spoke to in the Governors office told me to e-mail the information to them because they could not write it all down on paper or type it into the computer. I did follow these instructions at least three times using names, poitions, salaries, and multiple other questionable deals and other little known back door deals. In my opinion, they are finished in this area (geographically). There have been no responses to my e-mails or follow-ups as promised to my phone calls.

Hate to say it, but I think the ship has sailed away from this area to some other more prominent destination in political terms to further advance strategic positioning in other areas.

That $6 million in Abbott money going to Harrison is going to turn into about $4 million after everyone gets their taste and also raises, new hires, and promotions. It would have been nice to see that money go to the kids, unfortunately most will go to what I stated and also to the towns general fund for salaries for another few months of breathing room, but it will be completely gone way before the end of the year. That will give the town a little more time to sell the library and connected property as well as the recreation and senior centers. I wonder if the town even owns the property above where the senior center is or is the town renting or leasing it? Either way, it has a short shelf life. It's cool that the money is coming just in time to beef up the manpower at the Fire Department. That is not an accusation but anyone who has lived in Harrison for more than a year knows that the salaries of the Firemen come way before the kids. It's better to have $4 million more to keep a 25 man FD for another year than computers and educational material that lasts years under any cicumstances for the children. Now you see what lobbyists do. The commission has to be at least 10% for that chunk of cash being spread around to various "people and projects" around town. WTG.

Guest Harrison Senior

I have been corresponding with the so-called assistants, correspondents, staff, whatever... for about 6 months now at the Governors office. I give then the names, titles, salaries and everything else you would consider " corruption, nepotism, and patronage in Harrison." At several points the individual I spoke to in the Governors office told me to e-mail the information to them because they could not write it all down on paper or type it into the computer. I did follow these instructions at least three times using names, poitions, salaries, and multiple other questionable deals and other little known back door deals. In my opinion, they are finished in this area (geographically). There have been no responses to my e-mails or follow-ups as promised to my phone calls.

Hate to say it, but I think the ship has sailed away from this area to some other more prominent destination in political terms to further advance strategic positioning in other areas.

That $6 million in Abbott money going to Harrison is going to turn into about $4 million after everyone gets their taste and also raises, new hires, and promotions. It would have been nice to see that money go to the kids, unfortunately most will go to what I stated and also to the towns general fund for salaries for another few months of breathing room, but it will be completely gone way before the end of the year. That will give the town a little more time to sell the library and connected property as well as the recreation and senior centers. I wonder if the town even owns the property above where the senior center is or is the town renting or leasing it? Either way, it has a short shelf life. It's cool that the money is coming just in time to beef up the manpower at the Fire Department. That is not an accusation but anyone who has lived in Harrison for more than a year knows that the salaries of the Firemen come way before the kids. It's better to have $4 million more to keep a 25 man FD for another year than computers and educational material that lasts years under any cicumstances for the children. Now you see what lobbyists do. The commission has to be at least 10% for that chunk of cash being spread around to various "people and projects" around town. WTG.

Barney, A man of your importance should have Christie's cell phone # on speed-dial.

Guest Fatman

Don't worry I'm scheduling a state police helo drop into Harrison - right after I meet with some Iowa political donors. Love Chris

Guest Guest

Yo forgot the Greene family who had 5 at 1 time with a Police and Fire Chief a Battalion Chief and 2 teachers. Although now only the 2 teachers are left.

Eiher 1 of the Greene's would be a good choice for Public Safety Director. Probably the retired Fire Chief because he still lives in Harrison and is very popular.

Eiher 1 of the Greene's would be a good choice for Public Safety Director. Probably the retired Fire Chief because he still lives in Harrison and is very popular.

TK wants the job of PSD. The plan is to have him retire from the HFD and wait 6 motnhs before taking the job. This would be a big mistake, the firemen have already given him a vote of no confidence for not fighting against demotions and layoffs. Imagine what the HPD would do if he was made Public Safety Director.

Guest Harrison Senior

TK wants the job of PSD. The plan is to have him retire from the HFD and wait 6 motnhs before taking the job. This would be a big mistake, the firemen have already given him a vote of no confidence for not fighting against demotions and layoffs. Imagine what the HPD would do if he was made Public Safety Director.

The HPD would do nothing. Any cops that wouldn't like TK as PSD can always quit. As far as the vote of no confidence is concerned, it's nonsense.

Usually a vote of no confidence against a chief means the chief is doing his job and he's not in the pocket of the union.

Guest Guest

It would be a huge mistake to make TK Public Safety Director. The Police Unions wouldn't stand for it. No more deals like they did when the made the Police Chief without a test. Now, very good officers are retiring because they are getting demoted.. There should be no layoffs or demotions on the HPD. Someone will get hurt because of lack of manpower. Then who will be responsible? How much more do you want to demoralize the HPD? Enough already.