oxcoydone

Guest guest

Guest THE BIRD

TO WHO IT MAY CONCERN YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD HAGS! GET A LIFE AND LET THE COURTS HANDLE IT. WRITING THESE STUPID COMMENTS IS A WASTE OF TIME. DON'T FORGET WE ALL HAVE SKELETONS IN OUR CLOSET, AND WE ALL LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES. PLEASE DON'T FORGET AS STUPID AS IT WAS TO TRY TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK THERE ARE CHILDERN INVOLVED AND FOR THEIR OWN WELL BEING LET THE COURTS DECIDE THEIR DESTINY THANK YOU FOR READING AND REMEMBER THIS MAY BE YOU SOMEDAY!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WhenwillIt end

So be scared to call a spade a spade, or they comming to get you. LOL This Forum is a joke, this website is a joke, go to Heniz's deli , at least there you can gossip with out all the games.

I would say that counts as cracking the asshat across the chops with the Gauntlet, rather than merely tossing it at his feet... Good for YOU KOTW. People seem to forget that they AGREED to abide by certain terms of Service when they began posting here..as a Private Site, YOU have the ultimate say in what gets put on, and what doesnt.

What some folks dont understand is that the OWNER of the site is also culpable to a certain extent for what is published therein. Currently the Atlantic Highlands Herald is embroiled in a civil suit because the owner of THAT forum chose NOT to exercise Editorial control over what was posted, and he is being sued for the Registration information of posters who a local politician has accused of Libel ( The suit is nonsense, I happen to know the owner of the E-paper, and have seen the complaint, but he is still sticking to his guns and fighting the suit, rather than open his records). People forget sometimes that unless they have the foresight to post through Proxy ISP's their identity can be found..relatively easily at that through a Court order. "Internet Anonymous' isnt really all THAT Anonymous at the end of the day when you think about it. IIRC, Before the current owner took over this mess, the previous owner had been subpoenaed to provide ISP information after someone on this board made libelous statements. While the current owner has so far managed to avoid that through his use of editing out names of persons and companies, eventually someone libeled herein is going to have enough rope bought by some of the idiots here to jerk them to the short stop. One does wonder what names will come out in the sunlight then eh?

Guest Guest

To KPD Blue, you should spend your time addressing the criminal activity in town and less time on trying to tell the Moderator how to run his web site. I made some comments in poor taste, he corrected me and I realized I was wrong. I apologized. I don't remember him ever asking for your advise. Tell the other cops about your unsolicited utterances. I'm sure you will be the next union representative.

Guest KPDBlue

So be scared to call a spade a spade, or they comming to get you. LOL This Forum is a joke, this website is a joke, go to Heniz's deli , at least there you can gossip with out all the games.

Not at all. You mistake my meaning. What I AM saying is that people need to THINK before some of the things they post. You can type your OPINION..all day long, However, when you post "John Doe is a crook because X,Y,and Z, without anything to back that up, or do the same for a business, you then delve into the realm of Libel and Slander, which puts the SITE in jeopardy. People are always bitching about how long it takes for posts to appear, or that posts never do so at all. This is BECAUSE of the stupid crap they post, which puts the site owner in jeopardy of being sued. If you want to "Call a Spade a Spade" then Do so..but have the guts to put YOUR NAME TO IT. There are a few posters here who do so, but the majority of the Crap-slingers dont. The poster after you is a Prime Example. I post on my own time from my own home, therefore, his/her "You should spend more time addressing Criminal Activity" is Null...Although if HE is paying, i'd be more than happy to accrue the Comp Time to come in to work ^_^ . He/she admonishes me for giving "Unwanted advise" (i'm certain he MEANT "Advice" however), then goes on to give ME "Advice" I did not ask for. A Perfect example of the typical KOTW poster. No Actual User name, just another faceless "Guest" but arrogant enough to assume people know (or Care) who he/she is.

This place is absolutely RIFE with Keyboard Commandos who spout nonsense all day long from behind their keyboards that they would never even Think to say to someone's face. In THAT I agree, this forum is a joke. Unfortunately that is also the nature of forums of these types. A perfect example is the user who wont even come up with a Screen name who was ranting in both the Harrison and Kearny Forums about how the firefighters were "Scared" of him because nobody approached him at the Parade. Nevermind the fact that thousands of people were there, and thos Choad never bothered to ID himself...people were supposed to recognize someone from a Forum who posts as a "Guest". The Site owner has only 2 real options. Heavy moderation, and checking each post, as is done here, or, a Requirement for registration, so that, when someone does cross the line, the Site owner has something more than just an ISP to hand over to the attorneys. As for "Going to the deli to Gossip" there you run into that whole Coward aspect again..to do so would mean they'd have to speak their mind where people could SEE them..and own up to what they say. I'll answer the inherent question in your posting name. Never, unless KOTW goes the route of requiring everyone to register, and adhere to a Code of Conduct as most forums do today. Even then you WILL have your assorted trolls and Morons who will make accounts just to play Monkey in a Cage and Fling Crap, but that would also require a much heavier investment of time then the current owner seems willing to spend on the site.

Not at all. You mistake my meaning. What I AM saying is that people need to THINK before some of the things they post. You can type your OPINION..all day long, However, when you post "John Doe is a crook because X,Y,and Z, without anything to back that up, or do the same for a business, you then delve into the realm of Libel and Slander, which puts the SITE in jeopardy. People are always bitching about how long it takes for posts to appear, or that posts never do so at all. This is BECAUSE of the stupid crap they post, which puts the site owner in jeopardy of being sued. If you want to "Call a Spade a Spade" then Do so..but have the guts to put YOUR NAME TO IT. There are a few posters here who do so, but the majority of the Crap-slingers dont. The poster after you is a Prime Example. I post on my own time from my own home, therefore, his/her "You should spend more time addressing Criminal Activity" is Null...Although if HE is paying, i'd be more than happy to accrue the Comp Time to come in to work ^_^ . He/she admonishes me for giving "Unwanted advise" (i'm certain he MEANT "Advice" however), then goes on to give ME "Advice" I did not ask for. A Perfect example of the typical KOTW poster. No Actual User name, just another faceless "Guest" but arrogant enough to assume people know (or Care) who he/she is.

This place is absolutely RIFE with Keyboard Commandos who spout nonsense all day long from behind their keyboards that they would never even Think to say to someone's face. In THAT I agree, this forum is a joke. Unfortunately that is also the nature of forums of these types. A perfect example is the user who wont even come up with a Screen name who was ranting in both the Harrison and Kearny Forums about how the firefighters were "Scared" of him because nobody approached him at the Parade. Nevermind the fact that thousands of people were there, and thos Choad never bothered to ID himself...people were supposed to recognize someone from a Forum who posts as a "Guest". The Site owner has only 2 real options. Heavy moderation, and checking each post, as is done here, or, a Requirement for registration, so that, when someone does cross the line, the Site owner has something more than just an ISP to hand over to the attorneys. As for "Going to the deli to Gossip" there you run into that whole Coward aspect again..to do so would mean they'd have to speak their mind where people could SEE them..and own up to what they say. I'll answer the inherent question in your posting name. Never, unless KOTW goes the route of requiring everyone to register, and adhere to a Code of Conduct as most forums do today. Even then you WILL have your assorted trolls and Morons who will make accounts just to play Monkey in a Cage and Fling Crap, but that would also require a much heavier investment of time then the current owner seems willing to spend on the site.

You have summarized it. KOTW's policy of attempting to not edit posts dates back to 2003. Just this week (see our front page) film maker Vic Losick released his documentary film, In God We Teach. KOTW's non editing policy back at the time of the LaClair Paszkiewicz controversy resulted in many posts critical of Matthew LaClair's actions. Ultimately, a New York Times article linked to the KOTW discussion board and many individuals posted in support of Matthew LaClair and provided valuable discussions on the issues surrounding the controversy. KOTW welcomes open discussions but does find itself spending more time editing posts of late.

Your post, although long, does capture KOTW's feelings on being the moderator of late. KOTW however believes strongly in the power of the internet to continue our democracy and will continue to do our best to keep this board updated and a meaningful source of information about our community.

Thank you for your insightful post.

KOTW

Guest Guest

TO WHO IT MAY CONCERN YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD HAGS! GET A LIFE AND LET THE COURTS HANDLE IT. WRITING THESE STUPID COMMENTS IS A WASTE OF TIME. DON'T FORGET WE ALL HAVE SKELETONS IN OUR CLOSET, AND WE ALL LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES. PLEASE DON'T FORGET AS STUPID AS IT WAS TO TRY TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK THERE ARE CHILDERN INVOLVED AND FOR THEIR OWN WELL BEING LET THE COURTS DECIDE THEIR DESTINY THANK YOU FOR READING AND REMEMBER THIS MAY BE YOU SOMEDAY!!!!

i know we all have skeletons in our closet, including you. just because it is your bf it should not be out in the opened, oh well to bad. let's go mayor get rid of the shit head in the town. get some real worker.

I've lived in Kearny my whole life and never made it over to Heniz's deli in Harrison. I hear I am missing out on some pretty great sandwiches. Do they have a combo deal or something for gossip?

Guest Guest

That was a very well thought and intelligent presentation of what has been going on. I agree with you for the most part. However, Why did you choose to pick out JUST "guest" and his comments when worse things, namely threats of serious bodily injury (a crime, you know that, you're a cop) were made by the Kearny Fireman towards "guest?" Police Officers are supposed to be impartial and fair, I don't see that in your post. Also, the firemen have about 5,000 times referred to the Harrison Police Officers as "Barney" which denotes incompetence. You know that. I am not a Police Officer, but I think both Police Depts. do a great job and have always said that, so it must be just your personal opinion that The Harrison Police Officers are incompetent. I differ in opinion and tend to think they do a great job. If I were a Harrison Police Officer, I would not want you backing me up. It never entered my mind to cause any problems for the moderator and I gave him a sincere public apology. If you are going to play the blame game, include all the players.

Guest Filipe Santos

Councilwoman MCCormick should be ashamed of herself holding a positoin in public office and making comments on facebook about this subject."Maria McCormick: you have a way with words that people want to say but hesitate in doing so.. I have seen the handcuffed wannabe along with the doc. just call him oxy and give him some ********".Copy and pasted straight from Filepe santos facebook page.Now is that anyway to talk.

Friday at 5:29pm ·

How come certain things get edited and hidden yet my name, FILIPE SANTOS, didnt? Not that I want to or have anything to hide.

Guest Filipe Santos

Councilwoman MCCormick should be ashamed of herself holding a positoin in public office and making comments on facebook about this subject."Maria McCormick: you have a way with words that people want to say but hesitate in doing so.. I have seen the handcuffed wannabe along with the doc. just call him oxy and give him some ********".Copy and pasted straight from Filepe santos facebook page.Now is that anyway to talk.

Friday at 5:29pm ·

If it hasnt been verified, than how come my name is showing and not blocked out? Not that I really mind but, if this is an open forum, then it should truly be open and not edited at all.

Guest The Bird

i know we all have skeletons in our closet, including you. just because it is your bf it should not be out in the opened, oh well to bad. let's go mayor get rid of the shit head in the town. get some real worker.

Actually, He's not my best friend or a friend at all for that matter. He has two kids in the Harrison school system and in the long run they are the ones that are gonna be affected. So posting and trashing the man on a public forum is just immature and childish! If anyone has something to say show up at a town meeting show your face and stop hiding behind a computer. Better yet tell him face to his face. Bottom line is the courts will handle it.....

IF NOT FOR DR.DURANTE I WOULD NOT BE ALIVE TODAY. HE DIAGNOSED MY CANCER AND SENT ME TO AN ONCOLOGIST WHO THEM SAVED MY FROM CETAIN DEATH. SOMETIME PEOPLE GET INVOLVED OVER THEIR HEADS. I AM NOT SAYING HE IS RIGHT, BUT HE IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.. BECAUSE OF HIM I HAVE BEAUTIFUL SEVEN YEAR OLD TWIN GIRLS. MAY GOD BLESS HIM WITH LOVE. AR. MILLBURN NJ

Got bless you, glad to hear your story but keep this in mind if he is guilty (if) how many indirectly may not have ever seen their kids graduate, even 1 is too many.

Guest guest

I really wish people would know what they were talking about before posting. I know we can't all know everything, but there are people here that make crazy statements and pass them off as fact.

1) Drug testing every town employee will only waste money. Its more effective to have random testing when employees do not know they are coming.

2) With that being said, as long as the employee has a prescription for a doctor, they will NOT fail the drug test. The only time they would fail is if they tested positive for oxyocodne (or any other prescription drug) and could not show that is was prescribed to them by a doctor. So everyone needs to chill out with thinking drug testing is going to clean house and get rid of all the bad apples.

3) Even if it is found out that some town employees were patients to these doctors that get arrested for illegal drug distribution, that doesn't mean they were involved in some grand scheme to get the drugs. These doctors see thousands of patients over the years, and 11 or so people were arrested for fraud. People seem to forget that these doctors went to school, became doctors and have had a practice. The doctors don't just come out in the open and tell people they want them to deal drugs for them.

You all need to really think about how things work in the real world. For example , just because John Doe , who is a town employee went to a doctor whom was later found out to be writing prescriptions for a group of people who turned out to be running a scam, doesn't mean they were automatically part of that scam. Use your head, and think about things before going on your witch hunt. Nobody is worse at doing this then the Newspapers. When the doctor in Jersey City died and it was found out he was writing prescriptions to cops and firemen (as well as thousands of other people) the Jersey Journal had page after page with big headlines saying COPS Taking steroids in huge bold face print.

They printed this without doing any research, knowing exactly what was prescribed or for what reasons. All they did was look at the fact that this person went to this doctor at one point in their lifetimes. Its really sad when you think about it. Yes, there are people who abuse the system. Its like that all over the world. But is it fair, to the person who really needed the drugs for legitimate reasons, to have their name printed in the paper alluding to the fact that other people were abusing the drugs? It hurts that person, and their families when they did nothing wrong.

Guest Guest

Whichever " guest " is that typed that long narrative with 4 paragraphs, I read it twice and still don't know what you mean or what your point is. Are you O.K?

Guest Guest

I've lived in Kearny my whole life and never made it over to Heniz's deli in Harrison. I hear I am missing out on some pretty great sandwiches. Do they have a combo deal or something for gossip?

Great sandwiches!!!

Guest KPDBlue

That was a very well thought and intelligent presentation of what has been going on. I agree with you for the most part. However, Why did you choose to pick out JUST "guest" and his comments when worse things, namely threats of serious bodily injury (a crime, you know that, you're a cop) were made by the Kearny Fireman towards "guest?" Police Officers are supposed to be impartial and fair, I don't see that in your post. Also, the firemen have about 5,000 times referred to the Harrison Police Officers as "Barney" which denotes incompetence. You know that. I am not a Police Officer, but I think both Police Depts. do a great job and have always said that, so it must be just your personal opinion that The Harrison Police Officers are incompetent. I differ in opinion and tend to think they do a great job. If I were a Harrison Police Officer, I would not want you backing me up. It never entered my mind to cause any problems for the moderator and I gave him a sincere public apology. If you are going to play the blame game, include all the players.

#1. In order for a Threat to be considered "Valid", the Victim must actually believe the person doing the threatening has both the means, ability, and Desire to do it. Telling an Anonymous poster on the internet that you're going to kisck his butt if you see him, when you have NO CLUE WHO HE IS, falls under "Keyboard Muscles" rather than actual threats. Also there have been threats going from OTHER anonymous posters in the other direction towards both Kearny and Harrison FF's as well..but i notice that YOU didnt bother to mention those..Possibly because that doesnt fit your own little Axe-grinding sessions???

#2. HOW Exactly do you know it is a Firefighter using the term "Barney" that was STARTED by a poster who ID's himself as "Harrison Senior", and does NOT claim he is a FF, merely a Fanboy. "Barney" has also been used Specifically towards myself and other Kearny Officers..mostly by crossover posters from this board onto the Kearny Section.

#3. I dont know you are not a cop, I have no IDEA who you are..Nor do I care. I have no issues with Harrison PD, Most of them have been friends for many, many years. I have worked closely with them, and they with us, and we have a pretty damned good working relationship, as we do with the Fire Dept here in Kearny. HPD's problems stem mostly from allowing themselves to be split into factions, which is encouraged by their Politicians, just as with the PD/FD discord in Harrison. Those guys are at each others throats, and the Politicians laugh about it.

#4. Frankly the opinion of some Internet Toughguy hiding behind his computer, as to my Competence, or that of either HPD or KPD, doesn't rise really high on my Give-a-Damn Meter. Here's a Hint, EVERYONE who leaves the "Name" section blank when they post comes out as Guest. By singling out "Guest" im not singling out any one person..I am addressing EVERYONE who doesnt even have the guts to post a BS screename to differentiate themselves from the other Mouth-breathers.

#5. You really DO like to project a lot dont you?? "If I were a Harrison Police Officer" Take the test and DO THE JOB..or shut up Sparky. You dont know a damn thing about Police, or Policing unless you've DONE it....And half your life spent sitting in front of the TV drooling over Cops, NYPD Blue, and Law and Order" doesnt make you a cop anymore than the Fire Fanboys Flogging themselves to "Backdraft", and Rescue Me makes them firemen, unless and Until THEY DO THE JOB.. at least Fire Fanboys have the ability to become Volunteer Firefighters, and BE a FF if they want it bad enough, whereas This area of the Country doesnt do the Special/Reserve thing as much as they do as you go further South.... so the Cop Wannabe's are just SOL it seems. Here's another Idea.. PICK A NAME..doesnt matter if you register or not..but use SOME small spark of ingenuity and CHOOSE some way for people to differentiate you...unless you're SO much of a coward that you cannot stand being anything other than some faceless drone prattling away on the internet.

Guest Guest

What happened that set KPD BLUE off on his full page rant about everything but why the sun shines. Talk about true colors coming to the surface, and they are ugly colors. Chill bro before you stroke out. You think the term "barney" doesn't mainly come from the firemen to insult and discredit the Police. I find that hard to believe. Police all over the country, including Harrison and Kearny, do a dangerous, difficult job that usually results in unwarranted criticism. The NJ Police I feel do an exceptional job given the dilapidated facilities, no additional modern training, and other practices designed to discourage the Police from being more vigilant. I compliment the Police on their perseverance, including you even though you appear to prefer being a fireman rather than a Police Officer. It's about pride guy and appearance also guy, not always being book smart. Stay safe.

Guest KPDBlue

Well said and in my humble opinion right on the money KPDBlue.

The "flogging themselves to Backdraft" line had me laughing my azz off!

See you on the streets Brother.

jus sayin

You ever wonder just why some folks seem to be so threatened by the fact that we arent trying to cut each other's throats???? Seems some people really dont like it when their "Divide And Conquer" tactics are proven to be ineffective. Sadly it seems the damage has been done too far in Harrison at least to ever be fixed. Sad how short-sighted some people seem to be.

Guest Guest

Well said and in my humble opinion right on the money KPDBlue.

The "flogging themselves to Backdraft" line had me laughing my azz off!

See you on the streets Brother.

jus sayin

i like how everone is trying to change this topic, and trying to keep the guys name, on a low key.

Guest ****GUEST******

Actually, He's not my best friend or a friend at all for that matter. He has two kids in the Harrison school system and in the long run they are the ones that are gonna be affected. So posting and trashing the man on a public forum is just immature and childish! If anyone has something to say show up at a town meeting show your face and stop hiding behind a computer. Better yet tell him face to his face. Bottom line is the courts will handle it.....

You gotta be kidding Me Rite, Show up at a Town meeting and expect to get to say something , You are joking aren.t You.....and He should have thought of His kids before he decided to become a drug Dealer....Obviously they did not matter to Him if He could do this......so keep on writing He deserves everything He has coming at him....

Guest KPDBlue

What happened that set KPD BLUE off on his full page rant about everything but why the sun shines. Talk about true colors coming to the surface, and they are ugly colors. Chill bro before you stroke out. You think the term "barney" doesn't mainly come from the firemen to insult and discredit the Police. I find that hard to believe. Police all over the country, including Harrison and Kearny, do a dangerous, difficult job that usually results in unwarranted criticism. The NJ Police I feel do an exceptional job given the dilapidated facilities, no additional modern training, and other practices designed to discourage the Police from being more vigilant. I compliment the Police on their perseverance, including you even though you appear to prefer being a fireman rather than a Police Officer. It's about pride guy and appearance also guy, not always being book smart. Stay safe.

Tranlation: "I cant come up with a cogent, coherent rebuttal to any of the points he made."

Rant? Sorry peaches..you dont RATE a Rant.. YOU decided to try to play with the adults. unfortunately you dont have what it takes. Like I said, kissing ass doesnt make you a cop..if you want to BE one, take the test..or Dont, and keep wearing your CSI T-shirt while you sit glued to the Television.

Guest guest

You gotta be kidding Me Rite, Show up at a Town meeting and expect to get to say something , You are joking aren.t You.....and He should have thought of His kids before he decided to become a drug Dealer....Obviously they did not matter to Him if He could do this......so keep on writing He deserves everything He has coming at him....

Thats thr truth,everyone makes mistakes,and we all talk when something happens,so thats why we are talking,you would be too if you werent his friend.Shame on him for what he put his kids throught.By wife says no mater waht honey you thee bestest husband.if you everystand it.

Guest Guest

in the long run it is going to affect his kids, he should have thought of it. it may affect his wife too