Superintendent only "break" school boundary for friends!

Guest Super MOM

Guest Studies and Observations

Yes, they do answer to us. BOE because we are voters. Superintendent because we pay his $200,000+ a year in salary.

How many BOE Meetings have you attended? How many questions have you put to the BOE Members in that context?? You can ask a million questions here and never get an answer, because there is no requirement for BOE to answer HERE. DIRECT questions TO THEM however are on the record, along with any misdirections, or improper answers. One is a Legal record, the other is just a place for anonymous people to complain. I've seen this board brought up in front of various people in the Town Government, and the usual reaction when someone mentions KOTW ranges from mild Scorn to outright Laughter.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want any issues to go away. Open discussions can be very productive. However, you obviously missed my point on this topic. The answers you seek never came because this is KOTW, not the Kearny BOE. It appears no one has put pen to paper to officially request information from the BOE regarding the transfer request process. This would be in the form of an OPRA request. Anyone is entitled to certain information from public entities that is allowable by law. In this case, student names and addresses wouldn't be avaialable but numbers of students per school per geographic area would. As for policy disclosure, go to the Kearny BOE web site. Its all there, every single policy. Eight full pages of dialog on this topic that got people all fired up on both sides for the wrong reasons. SuperMom has valid concerns regarding her child but those concerns got lost in space because of this blog and trial by public opinion.

While her concerns may be valid, her methods were not. Look up the policies, request valid information, but leave other's personal business out of it!

Wrong. From today's Jersey Journal:

In Kearny and West New York, seven schools failed; in Union City and Bayonne there were six; five in North Bergen, three in Harrison and Hoboken, and one each in East Newark, Secaucus and Guttenberg.

Seven schools!

Well, if such an unimpeachable source such as the Jersey Journal says it's true, then it must be true. Please!

Guest Taxpayer and Voter

How many BOE Meetings have you attended? How many questions have you put to the BOE Members in that context?? You can ask a million questions here and never get an answer, because there is no requirement for BOE to answer HERE. DIRECT questions TO THEM however are on the record, along with any misdirections, or improper answers. One is a Legal record, the other is just a place for anonymous people to complain. I've seen this board brought up in front of various people in the Town Government, and the usual reaction when someone mentions KOTW ranges from mild Scorn to outright Laughter.

Yes, I get the reason for BOE meetings. But don't generalize all the posters on this board, some should be scorned but others bring forth issues that need discussion or public attention. Since this topic has generated the most responses and views in a very long time, I would say that SuperMom's issue is a very important one for voters and taxpayers. Neither her nor this topic should be scoffed at.

Also, if you want to use this formum to take shots or to engage in spin, then be prepared to defend your positions. That's what happened here. Let's not pretend that at least several of the posters on this thread were not directly linked to BOE or school administration.

Yes, they do answer to us. BOE because we are voters. Superintendent because we pay his $200,000+ a year in salary.

Then why do you keep voting for the same jackasses and expect different results?

Guest Studies and Observations

Yes, I get the reason for BOE meetings. But don't generalize all the posters on this board, some should be scorned but others bring forth issues that need discussion or public attention. Since this topic has generated the most responses and views in a very long time, I would say that SuperMom's issue is a very important one for voters and taxpayers. Neither her nor this topic should be scoffed at.

Also, if you want to use this formum to take shots or to engage in spin, then be prepared to defend your positions. That's what happened here. Let's not pretend that at least several of the posters on this thread were not directly linked to BOE or school administration.

Of course i noticed you didnt bother to address my POINT..namely that all the complaining in the world, HERE doesnt mean anything the ONLY time it counts is at the BoE meetings. if you are not making your points there, you are wasting your time. This is a place to come and B**ch, and anyone who actually expects things to get done through any complaint made here is foolish, although I have to say the PD at least will look into some things mentioned here, although specific complaints should be made directly.

Guest Taxpayer and Voter

Of course i noticed you didnt bother to address my POINT..namely that all the complaining in the world, HERE doesnt mean anything the ONLY time it counts is at the BoE meetings. if you are not making your points there, you are wasting your time. This is a place to come and B**ch, and anyone who actually expects things to get done through any complaint made here is foolish, although I have to say the PD at least will look into some things mentioned here, although specific complaints should be made directly.

Hey, that's a really bad observation. Unless you want to pretend it's still 1999, the world of social media is a large part of most people's lives. Twitter, Facebook, blogs, message boards. That's the real world of how we get information in 2010. There's an overwhelming amount of information in new media, so you have to sort through the good and the bad. But you can't dismiss it or call it "foolish" or "wasting your time". That's a serious denial of how most of us actually live in 2010. And it's an even bigger denial of the fact that a real issue are raised by SuperMom with this post that has generated a tremendous amount of discussion.

Also, your singling out of the PD is perplexing. What was the point of that?