Superintendent only "break" school boundary for friends!

Guest Super MOM

It scares the living hell out of me that people in Kearny, or anywhere in the United States, are so uninformed as to think that one person's right to a public benefit has anything to do with someone else's. I don't know who "SuperMom" is and I don't want to know but I do feel sorry for her kid, who is being taught by this "genius" to think that a person can lift herself up by bringing someone else down.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No SuperMom is the bully. She made a request and it was denied. Instead of appealing it privately she did it in a public forum while also dragging another child into the situation. She's using both her child and the other child as pawns to win her argument under the guise of "doing what's best for her child". She has no regard for the community or the other special needs children facing far more difficult situations.

If she wants to make this a fight about a double standard then all of our opinions have to be taken into consideration. If this is truly about her child then she should have followed Legal Beagle's advice. Basically educate yourself about the process, make the request, appeal the decision, and if you still don't like the outcome hire counsel and take legal action. Actually, if the change of schools is really necessary, a letter from the child's doctor would have been enough for the Super to approve the transfer.

Are you foolish enough to suggest that the Superintendent just move children from school to school at every parent's request? Do you have the numbers on how many of these requests are made?

Hopefully, now that SuperMom has chosen to make this a public battle and continues to do so by posting here, all of the facts will come out. Something tells me you will feel quite silly if they do.

The administrators in our school district are not necessarily above putting politics ahead of their duties. However, SuperMom has convinced me of only one thing so far: she doesn't know how to handle the situation. If her due process rights have been violated, then she should pursue her remedies through appropriate channels, not by complaining on a town chat forum.

Without knowing any of the facts, it's entirely possible that the administrators were playing favorites. On the other hand, it's entirely possibly that the administrators did their jobs exactly as they should have and that SuperMom is just another hysterical parent who loses her objectivity wherever her child is concerned. She wouldn't be the first and she won't be the last. And this isn't the place to resolve it because what we're going to get here, mostly, are the easily-inflated claims of people with an axe to grind.

Guest Another Surprised Resident

I don't know what the letters say, do you?

The district should not decide this based on other cases.

She called him Super Frank. It shows an obvious lack of respect.

The police approached her, as she has stated in another post, because she and her son were basically harassing the other mom and child that she keeps bringing up.

Anyway, Super Mom may have backed herself into a corner. She has stated that her child's IEP has not been completed yet. Once that's done her child may end up at another school in Kearny besides Lincoln or Roosevelt. Or her child may be bussed to a school in another town. In either case the child will be picked up by a bus. Then I guess we'll see the true nature of Super Mom's request.

Tell me, why should the Superintendent make a decision when the child's IEP hasn't been completed?

SuperMom was accused of calling the Superintendent "names" by Legal Beagle. If calling him "Super Frank" is the best you have on that, then Legal Beagle owes SuperMom an apology.

If there's a double standard, it needs to be exposed and stopped. Period.

It scares the living hell out of me that people in Kearny, or anywhere in the United States, are so uninformed as to think that one person's right to a public benefit has anything to do with someone else's. I don't know who "SuperMom" is and I don't want to know but I do feel sorry for her kid, who is being taught by this "genius" to think that a person can lift herself up by bringing someone else down.

"Bringing someone else down"? No! SuperMom is asserting a blatant double standard by the school administration. She wants fair treatment. It looks like the opposite to me -- the the parent that gets the transfer is now trying to keep it quiet. That's the equivalent of telling SuperMom, "I got mine, too bad for you."

You're not paying attention! Big deal she said a name or names, it was in front of who, six people at a BOE meeting. The bottom line is there IS a double standard, you are either a Super frank supporter and get whatever you want or you disagree with him and get nothing.

....Or you're a music teacher and get to be a Vice Principal!

SuperMom was accused of calling the Superintendent "names" by Legal Beagle. If calling him "Super Frank" is the best you have on that, then Legal Beagle owes SuperMom an apology.

If there's a double standard, it needs to be exposed and stopped. Period.

Bottom line; Super Mom is making the accusations so let her prove it. She just doesn't like the answer she received. Let her go through the proper channels and fight it. My sense is that she won't. Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year.

....Or you're a music teacher and get to be a Vice Principal!

You're so silly. Do you realize that that music teacher went to school on his own dime to get his administrators certificate. Plus he's spent years as a teacher and an administrator.

Are you just jealous?

Guest Legal Beagle

Nope. Although her public persona has been completely devoid of decorum and in my opinion it wouldn't be out of character for SuperMom to engage in name-calling, I have not accused her of calling the Superintendent derogatory names. I have never posted anything containing the phrase, "Super Frank"; ergo there will be no apology forthcoming.

"Bringing someone else down"? No! SuperMom is asserting a blatant double standard by the school administration. She wants fair treatment. It looks like the opposite to me -- the the parent that gets the transfer is now trying to keep it quiet. That's the equivalent of telling SuperMom, "I got mine, too bad for you."

Wrong. I didn't get anything and haven't asked for anything. I'm telling her that if she's entitled to something, she'll have to get it on the merits, not by knocking someone else.

Bottom line; Super Mom is making the accusations so let her prove it. She just doesn't like the answer she received. Let her go through the proper channels and fight it. My sense is that she won't. Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year.

So YOU call SuperMom "idiotic" adn then falsely accuse her of call the Superintendent "names"? I'm totally confused. Is entering the school district like being in "Alice in Wonderland"?

So YOU call SuperMom "idiotic" adn then falsely accuse her of call the Superintendent "names"? I'm totally confused. Is entering the school district like being in "Alice in Wonderland"?

I'd say conversing with you is more like being in Alice in Wonderland.

Super MOM calls the Superintendent "super Frank" in a post on the first page of this thread. It may not be the worst name calling ever but it shows the type of attitude Super MOM has.

I did not call Super MOM idiotic. I said that parents make idiotic requests. Quite honestly I'm surprised any educating gets accomplished with all of the petty nonsense that the administrators and teachers have to deal with.

I'd say conversing with you is more like being in Alice in Wonderland.

Super MOM calls the Superintendent "super Frank" in a post on the first page of this thread. It may not be the worst name calling ever but it shows the type of attitude Super MOM has.

I did not call Super MOM idiotic. I said that parents make idiotic requests. Quite honestly I'm surprised any educating gets accomplished with all of the petty nonsense that the administrators and teachers have to deal with.

I can see now clearly that the Kearny School District is Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass. If you yell loud enough, the opposite is true!

You said: Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year.

As to "Super Frank", that's probably one of the more benign references to him or any public official on this board. So she shortened Superintendent to Super and used his first name only; that's not an offensive or abusive name, which is what name calling is (check your dictionary). You saying that it must be so, when the plain words and definitions says not, shows that the school world on the other side of the looking glass is really distorted.

I think SuperMom has hit a very sore spot here. I hope she pursues it further, it's a matter of fairness for all the children who don't have an "in" with the school administration.

I can see now clearly that the Kearny School District is Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass. If you yell loud enough, the opposite is true!

You said: Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year.

As to "Super Frank", that's probably one of the more benign references to him or any public official on this board. So she shortened Superintendent to Super and used his first name only; that's not an offensive or abusive name, which is what name calling is (check your dictionary). You saying that it must be so, when the plain words and definitions says not, shows that the school world on the other side of the looking glass is really distorted.

I think SuperMom has hit a very sore spot here. I hope she pursues it further, it's a matter of fairness for all the children who don't have an "in" with the school administration.

Once again, I did not call her idiotic. Although that assessment probably isn't far off. I said exactly what you quoted, that hundreds of parents make "idiotic requests".

I've already told you her name calling wasn't that big of a deal. However I doubt that Super MOM's comment was meant to be benign. What's far worse were her comments at a public meeting when she used another child's name to further her cause.

Super MOM hasn't uncovered anything here. It's been a long standing policy of the KBOE to allow teachers "that live in Kearny" to bring their children to the school that they teach in, regardless of district lines.

Seems to me that it's Super MOM that is doing all of the yelling here, and she has nothing to back her up.

Guest U R Not getting it

Once again, I did not call her idiotic. Although that assessment probably isn't far off. I said exactly what you quoted, that hundreds of parents make "idiotic requests".

I've already told you her name calling wasn't that big of a deal. However I doubt that Super MOM's comment was meant to be benign. What's far worse were her comments at a public meeting when she used another child's name to further her cause.

Super MOM hasn't uncovered anything here. It's been a long standing policy of the KBOE to allow teachers "that live in Kearny" to bring their children to the school that they teach in, regardless of district lines.

Seems to me that it's Super MOM that is doing all of the yelling here, and she has nothing to back her up.

You do not understand something. The child who had their name mentioned is not being brought to the same school the mother is teaching in, so what are you talking about?

You do not understand something. The child who had their name mentioned is not being brought to the same school the mother is teaching in, so what are you talking about?

It really doesn't matter where the other little girl is going to school, or where her mother works, or who her grandmother is, or for that matter, what she ate for dinner last Tuesday. Except for her family and the school system, IT IS NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS WHY SHE WAS ALLOWED TO STAY IN THE SCHOOL THAT SHE HAS BEEN GOING TO SINCE KINDERGARTEN! Her name, along with those of her family members, should have never been passed along "anonymously" to anyone, stated at a Board meeting, or alluded to at the onset of this discussion thread. Just as Super Mom professes to be doing,the other mother did nothing more that what she thought was best for her child, went through the proper request procedure and her request was granted. The circumstances are not the same, the girls are not the same age (as has been cited in this forum), and the way in which the two parents went about it was completely different. Just because you don't get what you want or what you think you deserve, doesn't mean that the practices are discriminatory. Get over it...there is no conspiracy here!!

Let's try this again. YOU said:

Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year

The "she's" in YOUR language is the pronoun and verb contraction for SuperMom.

You are indeed a Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.

Apologize to SuperMom on saying she made an "idiotic" request.

Let's try this again. YOU said:

Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year

The "she's" in YOUR language is the pronoun and verb contraction for SuperMom.

You are indeed a Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.

Apologize to SuperMom on saying she made an "idiotic" request.

Would you stop already? I said the requests are idiotic. If that implies that the parents making the requests are idiots then so be it. You must be a lawyer becuase you are trying to divert attention from the issue with syntax. The education system in Kearny would grind to a halt if the superintendent was swayed by every parent's request.

The story so far:

Super MOM made a request and it was denied.

She took it to the county superintendent where it was denied and she was told to go to the KBOE.

She took the issue to a board meeting where she used another child's name to further her argument and where it was again denied.

Her child's IEP has not been completed nor has she produced a letter from her child's doctor explicitly stating that the child's welfare is at stake and she must attend a certain school.

What is going on with other children is none of her business.

She has been told to get legal counsel but she continued to criticize the superintendent and BOE by posting here.

The bottom line:

Something funny is going on here but this time I don't think it's with the BOE or the superintendent.

Wrong. I didn't get anything and haven't asked for anything. I'm telling her that if she's entitled to something, she'll have to get it on the merits, not by knocking someone else.

Last time I checked, every citizen in our country has a fundamental right to "equal protection of the law". That applies to the application of policies as well as the policies themselves.

SuperMom isn't "knocking" anyone. She's made the very serious allegation that there is UNEQUAL application of school district policy on transfer requests.

Would you stop already? I said the requests are idiotic. If that implies that the parents making the requests are idiots then so be it. You must be a lawyer becuase you are trying to divert attention from the issue with syntax. The education system in Kearny would grind to a halt if the superintendent was swayed by every parent's request.

The story so far:

She took it to the county superintendent where it was denied and she was told to go to the KBOE.

She took the issue to a board meeting where she used another child's name to further her argument and where it was again denied.

Her child's IEP has not been completed nor has she produced a letter from her child's doctor explicitly stating that the child's welfare is at stake and she must attend a certain school.

She has been told to get legal counsel but she continued to criticize the superintendent and BOE by posting here.

The bottom line:

Something funny is going on here but this time I don't think it's with the BOE or the superintendent.

Own up to your insulting words (and then maybe I'll listen to you). Apologize to SuperMom.

You said: Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year[/i

Guest 3rd warder

Or in other words, put aside whether SuperMom has a basis for transferring her child to the school of her choice.

Shouldn't the County Superintendent investigate the allegation that a child (relative) of an former or now elected official was allowed to attend a school outside the child's district? In addition to pursuing getting her child into the school of her choice, that is what SuperMom should be asking of the County Superintendent's office and/or the Department of Education.

Just because she cannot articulate the issue doesn't mean her instincts aren't correct.

Guest Super MOM

The story so far:

The bottom line:

I was never denied by the county superintendent, Dr Brennen is actually helping a lot in all of this... you need to get your facts straight!! and yes I did produce a letter from the doctor explicitly stating that my child's welfare is at stake and she must attend a certain school. If I feel that I was treated unfairly then it is my business !!! Children or not, and obviously Im not the only one that thinks that way. I can say what I want When I want and Where I want... Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH....Im not going to let my child suffer until her IEP is completed... She is going to get the help she needs when she needs it and thats final, I know my rights and no I dont have to wait... you go on and wait when it comes to your kids don't tell me what to do with my kids!!

Another thing.... Im allowed to criticize who ever I want even with legal counsel just like you are criticizing me without even knowing me!!!

There are a lot of "funny" things going on in this town... people just get a little heated when its spoken about....

Get over yourself... when it comes down to it you really dont know anything of anything...and it seems your quite the expert when it comes to "idiotic"

have yourself a good day

--Super MOM

I was never denied by the county superintendent, Dr Brennen is actually helping a lot in all of this... you need to get your facts straight!! and yes I did produce a letter from the doctor explicitly stating that my child's welfare is at stake and she must attend a certain school. If I feel that I was treated unfairly then it is my business !!! Children or not, and obviously Im not the only one that thinks that way. I can say what I want When I want and Where I want... Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH....Im not going to let my child suffer until her IEP is completed... She is going to get the help she needs when she needs it and thats final, I know my rights and no I dont have to wait... you go on and wait when it comes to your kids don't tell me what to do with my kids!!

Another thing.... Im allowed to criticize who ever I want even with legal counsel just like you are criticizing me without even knowing me!!!

There are a lot of "funny" things going on in this town... people just get a little heated when its spoken about....

Get over yourself... when it comes down to it you really dont know anything of anything...and it seems your quite the expert when it comes to "idiotic"

have yourself a good day

--Super MOM

One really funny thing is the likes of you giving a lesson on freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is not, as you put it, "I can say what I want When I want and Where I want". You can't say whatever you want without being responsible and having an understanding of the effect you are having on others. You should have learned that lesson when you named another child in a public meeting.

You say you don't want to wait. If the parents are cooperative an IEP is done within 30 days.

It's also funny that this wasn't an issue until you mysteriously stopped driving. Talk about being a responsible adult, I wonder what caused that situation.

As I've said before you're not being completely honest with your posts here. The superintendent would not go through the hassle of having the KBOE and the county superintendent involved in this situation if there wasn't a good reason.

Almost two months of the school year have gone by, have there been any problems that the school hasn't properly handled?

Own up to your insulting words (and then maybe I'll listen to you). Apologize to SuperMom.

You said: Probably because she's one of hundreds of parents that make idiotic requests of the administrators and the BOE every year[/i

I won't apologize because I think the request she has made is idiotic. It's idiotic because judging by everything that has been posted here the true motivation for the request is not the child's best interest.

Last time I checked, every citizen in our country has a fundamental right to "equal protection of the law". That applies to the application of policies as well as the policies themselves.

SuperMom isn't "knocking" anyone. She's made the very serious allegation that there is UNEQUAL application of school district policy on transfer requests.

Exactly how do you know that policy isn't being followed?