Superintendent only "break" school boundary for friends!

Guest Super MOM

Guest Super MOM

Why is ******* allowing a Garfield District child attend Roosevelt School with no valid reasons, but will not let an ADHD child attend a school closer to home ??? Even after the childs doctor has requested these accomodations!!! Is it because the child that is supposed to attend Garfield School the child of a Kearny School teacher??? or is it because her ********** is a long time councilwoman, and the newly appointed ****** *****??? .... DISCRIMINATION IS ILLEGAL!!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Catchin' On

Why is ******* allowing a Garfield District child attend Roosevelt School with no valid reasons, but will not let an ADHD child attend a school closer to home ??? Even after the childs doctor has requested these accomodations!!! Is it because the child that is supposed to attend Garfield School the child of a Kearny School teacher??? or is it because her ********** is a long time councilwoman, and the newly appointed ****** *****??? .... DISCRIMINATION IS ILLEGAL!!!

Nothing is illegal if you're Super Frank. Sooner or later, and hopefully it's sooner, more and more people will realize that all the talk about the Superintendent and his pack of puppets is nothing but the truth.

Look at the BOE family tree. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to pick up on all the wrong doings. The tree has nothing but family and friends. Look at all the recent appointments and the cast of characters that supported the super and then were paid back. The nepotism policy does not exist in Kearny. There are some good people in the system, but people have to take an interest in what's been happening. All the supporters of the Super and his jester, board president $tevenson, noble numbskull J.D. and the 3 whenches have to be stopped now! Rules do not apply to any of them or their families. They all talk a good game, but it's crystal clear they are there for their own agendas, nothing else! Vote all incumbents out, change is not only needed, but necessary.

Guest Reality Bites

Napoleon's actions are coming to light. I love the denial as well. Hopefully we can make sure these things won't happen again. We need equality for all... that is what our country is founded on! The favors for friends to get to a higher position needs to STOP!

Guest concerned parent

the Kearny board of ed will be holding a meeting on 9/27 @ 6pm in the board room, 100 Davis Ave (Franklin School) to discuss "Redistricting" ALL CONCERNED PARENTS SHOULD ATTEND !!!! They are thinking of making Franklin School a Junior High School!! That is crazy!!! all other grades will be moved and kids are going to have to come from all over Kearny to attend "Junior High" What are these people doing??? Come on!!! I thought the Board of Education and the Superintendent was on our children's side!!!

Guest Reality Bites

the Kearny board of ed will be holding a meeting on 9/27 @ 6pm in the board room, 100 Davis Ave (Franklin School) to discuss "Redistricting" ALL CONCERNED PARENTS SHOULD ATTEND !!!! They are thinking of making Franklin School a Junior High School!! That is crazy!!! all other grades will be moved and kids are going to have to come from all over Kearny to attend "Junior High" What are these people doing??? Come on!!! I thought the Board of Education and the Superintendent was on our children's side!!!

Parents are catching on. They would catch on quicker if we pass on the information so they all can be there for support. Knowledge is power and it must be known that we are not playing their games any further!!! FD needs to go!!!

I've been told by a birdie that there is a whole list of students that attend schools in the wrong district due to relationship to the puppets and their masters... hmmmm is it becoming public?? maybe!! i personally know a few news stations and papers that would love to get their hands on that list ...

LET THE LIGHT SHINE !!

I've been told by a birdie that there is a whole list of students that attend schools in the wrong district due to relationship to the puppets and their masters... hmmmm is it becoming public?? maybe!! i personally know a few news stations and papers that would love to get their hands on that list ...

LET THE LIGHT SHINE !!

There are probably more than a few students that have been given permission to attend other schools outside of their neighborhood. I really don't see the problem, as long as the student is from town.

Guest Super MOM

I don't see a problem either... The problem is that the exception only exists to students that are related to school faculty, BOE, and city officials. There is a mother that is requesting accommodations for her ADHD child to attend a school closer to home and the super frank won't allow it. But there are plenty of kids attending schools out of their districts and it's ok due to who they know

Or, just posibly, Super Mom lost her license and has no way of getting her daughter to Roosevelt School and maybe this has nothing to do with the child and is just because of the inconvenience to Super Mom. Could that just possibly be the case?

I don't see a problem either... The problem is that the exception only exists to students that are related to school faculty, BOE, and city officials. There is a mother that is requesting accommodations for her ADHD child to attend a school closer to home and the super frank won't allow it. But there are plenty of kids attending schools out of their districts and it's ok due to who they know

Question, 1. Did the childs mother go through the official process of requesting that her child be re-districted or did she hear that it might be a problem and fly off the handle? if you follow through on these types of things and have a good reason the board is usually sympathetic to the parents plight.

2. Do you know what if any situations exist in this little girls life that may have been a factor in deciding she would stay in her school, or again did you give no regard in calling out this child publicly who did absolutely nothing wrong.

3. Her family may be an active and involved family in local politics and work in town, I don't know, but when did that become such a bad thing? We need more people to care about and be active in our community.

4. Is this about two childrens situation or just an attempt to take a shot against someone.

5. I will tell you I live in town I am not political I have no family in politics or in the school system, but when i read this it struck me. i had a situation with my middle son and his grammar school I dont want to get into particulars but we needed to get him into a different school, after being originally told it might not happen we appealed and were granted the redistricting. We handled it privately and I feel professionally and we recieved positive results.

Good Luck to you with your problem but try to leave other people out of your fight. You might get better results.

The mother of this child is a personal friend, and she has given permission to post this:

The mother first went to the Superintendent, his reply was.. "I'm not making exceptions for you or anyone else." The mother then spoke to the county superintendent and he suggested she go to the board meeting, in the process the mother received an anonymous letter stating that exceptions are being made and stated a few names, and it also said on the letter that all those children were related to people in the town. The mother of this child did publicly call out another child's name, and she regrets it so much!! She doesn't want to harm the other child or any child for that matter. She has a situation that requires attention and no one would help, Not that it makes up for what she did BUT it was at a moment of despair, you have children and Im sure that you would do anything for them, and sometimes we say things without meaning it ... we are human.

This situation is about ONE CHILD that is ADHD and has been of various doses of various medications, some have even caused the child to pass out. There are no nurses in the building during lunch.

as a guest posted earlier the mother of this child no longer has a license, so IF something happens to her child in school and there is no nurse available she wants to be able to get to her child quickly. This mother wants her ADHD child to attend the school that is ONE BLOCK away opposed to the one that's EIGHT BLOCKS away and also the same school that her other child attends, because again IF something happens he will be there to help and the board and superintendent wont allow it. In the last school year the child did attend Roosevelt School, BUT the mother also was able to get there quickly because she was able to drive.

My friend which is the mother of this child also has two more babies that are 2 & 3 years old. All she wants is to be able to get to her daughter in case of an emergency... especially since there are no nurses at certain times of the day.

This has nothing to do with convenience, she is a good mother and wants to be there for her daughter. She wanted to be private and discreet about it, but no one was sympathetic to her, they didn't even give her a chance.

I know that as the "guest" posted that they all think she is doing it for her own convenience. But I tell you this mother is all about her children. She lives for them. She will go to the end of the earth for them.

She doesn't mind walking her daughter to school, it actually has become a bonding time for both of them. She is just concerned for her daughter, as any good parent would be.

What she is really upset about is that there are other children that are attending schools out of their boundaries for no reason, so why can't her daughter go to school closer to home and with her brother. I don't think her request is without reason.

Can you imagine if something happens to this child in school and the nurse is not there?? My God!!

By the time she gets there.... well my friend is a really great person and doesn't have any intentions in harming anyone.

Thanks for your input Im glad your situation was accommodated, and I hope hers is too.

Guest Super MOM

Or, just posibly, Super Mom lost her license and has no way of getting her daughter to Roosevelt School and maybe this has nothing to do with the child and is just because of the inconvenience to Super Mom. Could that just possibly be the case?

HOW DARE YOU!!! Have you seen a child on adhd medication??? This has NOTHING to do with me !!! I WISH my daughter wasn't ADHD. I wish she didn't have to go through what she is going through!!! I would carry my 4 children on my back before using them as an excuse for inconvenience.

Just to show the type of people I'm dealing with!!! What a ridiculous comment!!! I hope and pray that you never have to see or go through what I do with my daughter. I wish nothing but health and happiness to you and your family.

My child is having difficulty in class already and school just started, I've got called into to school because she can't keep up. She takes TWO HOURS to write 5 sentences. My little girl tells me that "her brain is confused" she can't sit still, she can't focus, she has a hard time learning, she has EEG's and video EEG's every THREE MONTHS ... and you have the nerve to make such a RIDICULOUS comment!!! get your facts straight just like I am !!!

This is not true, why would you lie? What is your personal motivation?

Guest Super MOM

This is not true, why would you lie? What is your personal motivation?

Ive only started looking into this and already know of so many "exceptions" that have been made. Why not me ??? why not my daughter?? and is it a coincidence that the ones that I've been made aware of have some sort of relation to city officials??

dis·crim·i·na·tion   [dih-skrim-uh-ney-shuhn]

–noun

1. an act or instance of discriminating.

2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.

The mother of this child is a personal friend, and she has given permission to post this:

The mother first went to the Superintendent, his reply was.. "I'm not making exceptions for you or anyone else." The mother then spoke to the county superintendent and he suggested she go to the board meeting, in the process the mother received an anonymous letter stating that exceptions are being made and stated a few names, and it also said on the letter that all those children were related to people in the town. The mother of this child did publicly call out another child's name, and she regrets it so much!! She doesn't want to harm the other child or any child for that matter. She has a situation that requires attention and no one would help, Not that it makes up for what she did BUT it was at a moment of despair, you have children and Im sure that you would do anything for them, and sometimes we say things without meaning it ... we are human.

This situation is about ONE CHILD that is ADHD and has been of various doses of various medications, some have even caused the child to pass out. There are no nurses in the building during lunch.

as a guest posted earlier the mother of this child no longer has a license, so IF something happens to her child in school and there is no nurse available she wants to be able to get to her child quickly. This mother wants her ADHD child to attend the school that is ONE BLOCK away opposed to the one that's EIGHT BLOCKS away and also the same school that her other child attends, because again IF something happens he will be there to help and the board and superintendent wont allow it. In the last school year the child did attend Roosevelt School, BUT the mother also was able to get there quickly because she was able to drive.

My friend which is the mother of this child also has two more babies that are 2 & 3 years old. All she wants is to be able to get to her daughter in case of an emergency... especially since there are no nurses at certain times of the day.

This has nothing to do with convenience, she is a good mother and wants to be there for her daughter. She wanted to be private and discreet about it, but no one was sympathetic to her, they didn't even give her a chance.

I know that as the "guest" posted that they all think she is doing it for her own convenience. But I tell you this mother is all about her children. She lives for them. She will go to the end of the earth for them.

She doesn't mind walking her daughter to school, it actually has become a bonding time for both of them. She is just concerned for her daughter, as any good parent would be.

What she is really upset about is that there are other children that are attending schools out of their boundaries for no reason, so why can't her daughter go to school closer to home and with her brother. I don't think her request is without reason.

Can you imagine if something happens to this child in school and the nurse is not there?? My God!!

By the time she gets there.... well my friend is a really great person and doesn't have any intentions in harming anyone.

Thanks for your input Im glad your situation was accommodated, and I hope hers is too.

If this situation is about "one child", why bring up another little girl's name at the board meeting? I'm sure the

I'm a friend of the "other mother" and I have her permission to write this...If this really is just about "one girl" then why blurt out the other little girl's name at the Board meeting? why try to contact her at school? why have her followed home by three teenage boys? Good for Super Mom that she's doing what she feels is best for her daughter, but she's not the only mother who feels that way. You have no way of knowing anybody else's reasons or circumstances for requesting their child be in one school rather than another. Fight for your daughter, but leave other people and their children out of it!!!

Reading this post, I think this person is confirming that the mother did lose her license. That's what has changed since last year when the child was attending Roosevelt School and that's why she can't get to Roosevelt School quickly (Or in the morning or afternoon, kind of tough with two babies at home). Gives merit to the poster that stated this.

You state that there are no nurses in the buildings during lunch. Are you sure? And even if that was the case,isn't the school district required to always have certified supervision in a building at all times? If there was an emergency, would that person go find an 8th grade brother or would they call emergency services? Would they call the mother first or call emergency services first and then the mother? Is the mother EMS trained? Has the mother considered home schooling? She could be there in a split second if there was an emergency. The question of love and dedication of the mother to her children is not the issue. Isn't the school district required to address every students specific needs through their different needs? Has the mother persued this? Wouldn't that be love and dedication to a child?

HOW DARE YOU!!! Have you seen a child on adhd medication??? This has NOTHING to do with me !!! I WISH my daughter wasn't ADHD. I wish she didn't have to go through what she is going through!!! I would carry my 4 children on my back before using them as an excuse for inconvenience.

Just to show the type of people I'm dealing with!!! What a ridiculous comment!!! I hope and pray that you never have to see or go through what I do with my daughter. I wish nothing but health and happiness to you and your family.

My child is having difficulty in class already and school just started, I've got called into to school because she can't keep up. She takes TWO HOURS to write 5 sentences. My little girl tells me that "her brain is confused" she can't sit still, she can't focus, she has a hard time learning, she has EEG's and video EEG's every THREE MONTHS ... and you have the nerve to make such a RIDICULOUS comment!!! get your facts straight just like I am !!!

"Getting the facts straight" is exactly what you DIDN'T do! You and your supporters keep insinuating that the only reason the other child was accommodated is because of family connections; without valid reason. How can you possibly know that? Can you tell by looking at the child if there is a medical or psychological condition present? Have you seen the child's file? I hope not----that would be highly inappropriate and cause for legal action. You should not be privy to the reason because: IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. The other family protected their child's privacy by going through the procedure discreetly while you not only embarrassed your family, but violated the privacy of another family in a very public forum. In the process you alienated the very people who could have helped you. Way to go, Mom!

Guest Super MOM

I'm a friend of the "other mother" and I have her permission to write this...If this really is just about "one girl" then why blurt out the other little girl's name at the Board meeting? why try to contact her at school? why have her followed home by three teenage boys? Good for Super Mom that she's doing what she feels is best for her daughter, but she's not the only mother who feels that way. You have no way of knowing anybody else's reasons or circumstances for requesting their child be in one school rather than another. Fight for your daughter, but leave other people and their children out of it!!!

apologize for mentioning the other little girls name at the board meeting, im sorry REALLY sorry... She has nothing to do with this. Wether you are a friend of her mother or her mother I just want to clarify a few things:

1: when I received the anonymous letter I couldn't believe that there were other students attending schools out of their boundaries, it was the first shine of hope. I wanted to know what legal rights this little girl had for the "exception" then I was informed that it was just due to her family members, I got upset and acted wrongly! She is a child, I have 4 of my own and wouldn't like it if someone did that to my child. Again I apologize, I was wrong.

2: I never tried to contact her at school, my daughter has overheard my conversations and approached the little girl saying that I wanted to know who she was. I didn't ask her to do that but she is only 7, she thought she was helping me. She meant no harm, and neither did I.

3: My son was walking to his friends house from school, it's in the same direction. My son is aware of all that is going on, we met up after I picked up my daughter up from school, and as we walked past her house he said "that's my teachers daughter" She wasn't followed by 3 teenage boys, they were all walking on the same street after school. I already new she lived there. We didnt "follow" her.... She lives by my home and goes to the same school as my daughter, it's only expected that we would all bump into each other at one point or another. No one has any intentions in harming anyone, I'm sorry she felt that way. I've been approached by the police and told to cross the street if I see her, that's ridiculous. I don't get my children involved in my battles, I'm not gonna have them interrogate or follow anyone.

But what upsets me is that she is not the only one, Ive received more letters, emails, phone calls with names of a lot of other children that are in other schools then they are supposed to, and "coincidently" they all have some sort of affiliation with school faculty, BOE, and city officials. The number of other children is rather large so that being said, why is my daughter being discriminated? Im not going to mention anyone publicly, I'm sorry I mentioned yours or your friends. But I will be notifying the county superintendent, the NJ state board of education, and I'm preparing letters to the governor. I have retained an attorney, I'm just fighting for my daughter. I want my daughter to have the same rights as all these other children. So again I just wanted my apology to be made public, Im not a bad person and I dont want to harm anyone in my fight, but Im not quitting or backing down.

In response to the other poster: why should my daughter be home schooled? Im trying to make her life as normal as possible. SCHOOL, FRIENDS, ACTIVITIES!! I've been told by someone that works at the school that the nurses are NOT there all day, and last year I had picked up my daughter for a doctors appointment and she had hurt her finger, we waited TEN MINUTES for a band aid because the nurse was not in the building and supposedly no one was able to get one for her. Yes they have certified supervision, and I would only hope that they would call for emergency services no matter what school she is in. I just want to be able to be there quickly, you must understand this is all very scary for a 7 year old little girl, and having her brother there is only added comfort. I don't drive, yes that is what changed. I walk my daughter to school and pick her up my other 2 babies are now going to daycare, so it has made things easier. I have stopped giving my daughter her medication because I'm scared. Please understand she has been through a lot, the day she passed out at home because of the side effects of the medication was probably one of the scariest days of our lives. My family and I are just fighting for what we, along with her doctor believe is in her best interest. Is that so bad?? The only thing Ive done that I regret in this battle is identifying publicly another child, other than that this is only the beginning and I will not stop until I feel comfortable enough with my daughters safety and well being.

I am working with the special services department but ADHD is very tricky... I'm glad this discussion board has sparked so much interest with so many views & responses, maybe in my fight I will be able to help some other parents along the way. Everyones comment both positive and negative are valued.

I don't want any favors from "the people that couldve helped me", thats exactly the problem!! I want accommodations made for my child because there are valid reasons!!! if the superintendent can prove in court that all the children that are attending schools out of their district are due to "legal reasons" then GREAT!! case dismissed!! If not then I will be questioning why the district is discriminating against my child. It's not just one child... We all know that!! I was wrong in mentioning the name of the other child, I'm extremely sorry about that, but I can speak as openly as I wish about my family. I'm not embarrassed one bit!!! I want everyone to know what I'm going through now!!! I tried being discreet & following protocol, but in reality it's all a bunch of political BS!!! it's who knows who!!

But I'm not here to waste my time with people like you, I'm here to network with other people that have been in similar situations and to bring some dirt out from under the rug...

Have a GREAT week!!! It sure will be an interesting one ;)

OK let me get this straight, this mom wants to remove her child from Roosevelt school and put her into another grammar school. Hasn't Roosevelt always been the top school when it comes to academic testing ( no offense to the other schools ). So you want to take your kid out of the best grammar school in Kearny when other parents in other districts would love to have their kids in Roosevelt. Are you looking out for your childs best interest or yours?

"Getting the facts straight" is exactly what you DIDN'T do! You and your supporters keep insinuating that the only reason the other child was accommodated is because of family connections; without valid reason. How can you possibly know that? Can you tell by looking at the child if there is a medical or psychological condition present? Have you seen the child's file? I hope not----that would be highly inappropriate and cause for legal action. You should not be privy to the reason because: IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. The other family protected their child's privacy by going through the procedure discreetly while you not only embarrassed your family, but violated the privacy of another family in a very public forum. In the process you alienated the very people who could have helped you. Way to go, Mom!

you crack me up!!! hahahahaha!!! unbelievable!!! so what ur sayin is that the mother alienated the people who could help her!!!! so u are confirming exactly what she said.... its all connections!! because she stood up for what she believed in, the "people" don't like her so they wont help her!!! hahahahaha!!!!!unbelievable!!!

just one question.... Have you even thought about the child?!?! that maybe it would be best for her to be in the other school?? or is it just a power trip ur on??? you haven't changed one bit!!!

Guest Reality Bites

Its OK Super Mom... you messed up by saying one child's name. It would have been better if you had the whole list of children and said it all at the same time!!!!! That way that one family would not have been singled out!

The people trying to pull you down are just mad that the truth shall be revealed. They don't know you, know that your kids are in daycare, and you have people (who love you) to bring your older children to school.

They are just assuming that you don't want to walk?! Wow. Get a grip people! Don't get mad because someone told your secret. You are all going to be revealed sooner or later. The thing that should of happened was to accommodate a ADHD child in need so none of this would have happened. The blame goes to the BOE and the superintendent (who did NOT want to help).

Nepotism runs wild in this town. Im glad someone has the guts to come forward with their problem. Does anyone know how many ILLEGAL ALIENS we have going to our schools? Im looking into that. When you register your child in kearny schools , no social security number is needed. Kearny is changing and all of the officials are worried about the almighty dollar not the students. This is evident, their salaries say it all.

Nepotism runs wild in this town. Im glad someone has the guts to come forward with their problem. Does anyone know how many ILLEGAL ALIENS we have going to our schools? Im looking into that. When you register your child in kearny schools , no social security number is needed. Kearny is changing and all of the officials are worried about the almighty dollar not the students. This is evident, their salaries say it all.

Not just Kearny Schools - public schools by law are not ALLOWED to question a child's legal right to attend school. School personnel are not ALLOWED to report suspicions of illegal resident status based upon the information provided to the schools about the family. Like it or not, every child - with our without legal resident status in the U.S. - is entitled to a free public education.

It is the up to the rest of the public to make those reports of suspect illegal residents. Don't turn your back and say it isn't your problem, report what you know to the appropriate government offices.