Police Salaries

Guest Eneerg

These are 2008 salaries - Mayor McDonough - PVSC - $132,000.00 - Mayor salary - $3,000.00

Mayor McDonough's wife - BOE - $142,000.00

Mayor McDonough's brother in law - Redevelopment Agency - $52,000.00

Mayor McDonough's sister in law - Construction office - $58,000.00

Mayor McDonough's niece - BOE - $61,000.00

Mayor McDonough's nephew - Harrison Housing - $49,500.00 - He was recently ******** ** ******-*******

Jimmy Duran - BOE - $246,000.00 - Councilmember - $1,500.00 - High Tech - $48,000.00

Jimmy Duran's brother - PVSC - $56,000.00

Jimmy Duran's brother - BOE - $38,000.00

Jimmy Duran's nephew - BOE - $41,000.00

Jimmy Duran's business partner - BOE - $68,000.00

Jimmy Duran's business partner - Redevelopment Agency - $38,000.00

Jimmy Duran's cousing - BOE - special perks

Mike Dolaghan - BOE maintenance - $72,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $168,000.00 3 positions

Dolaghan's nephew - PVSC - %61,000.00

Dolaghan's nephew - BOE - $52,000.00

Dolaghan's sister in law - BOE $44,000.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $89,000.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $98,000.00

Dolaghsn's sister - Community Center $59,000.00

Mandaglio - County Job - $64,000.00 - Councilwoman $1,500.00

Mandaglio's husband - PVSC - $58,000.00

Mandaglio's son - PVSC $49,000.00

Benett PVSC - $85,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Benett's wife County - $56,000.00

Benett's daughter - PVSC $49,000.00

Huaranga - BOE - $42,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Huaranga's brother BOE - $42,000.00

Huaranga's girlfriend - BOE $58,000.00

Nascimento - BOE $78,000.00 - night school - $48,000.00 - Councilman $1,500.00

Nascimento's wife - BOE - $69,000.00

Please note that these salaries are older and that all of the above positions also have additional cost to the town for Health Benefits witch costs approx. $18,000.00 per plan and every single one of these employees have multiple plans that come with multiple jobs.

THIS IS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING. And they choose to go to the CROSSING GUARDS to save money???

DOES THIS MAKE SENCE? WAKE UP AND STOP THE SPENDING.

This is just horrible I tell you…horrible!!!

And what’s more, Jimmy “Duran” got his cousin, Roberto Duran, a job as boxing coach at the high school!

But his shameless nepotism did not stop there!

Who did he hire as the Band Directors? You guessed it! That blast from the 1980’s- Duran Duran!!!

I Ask You, Mr. Speaker, When Will This Madness Stop???

You have a lot of info. though you claim to not be part of the FD. How do you know that a Captain as opposed to a regular fireman has any special extra duties. From where I stand and know, there aren't any. If you owned a small company, say of 42 employees, that manufactures a product called widgets, you would most likely have a CEO (you), a CFO, and one supervisor for each shift. The rest of the employees would be making your product to market. On the other hand, the FD has at minimum 25 supervisors. That leaves only 17 workers. You think that by having 25 bosses in offices in administrative positions your company would be profitable? No way! You would be a really poor business owner and out of business within a month. It's just not reasonable at all. Now you want to make a Lt. rank. That takes another probable 7 people from worker to administarator, leaving only 12 workers. Do you see the imbalance and absurdity of this. Most fireman are underachievers from an early age and the Harrison FD is is a highly, extremely pricy, dumping ground for politicians families, cronies, and friends. A private ambulance company could be hired at a fraction of the current FD cost and Kearny can handle the average 1 incident on a per diem basis. 42 underachivers, who could never make it in the private sector sit in the dugout waiting for that call to bat that will hardly ever come at a cost to the voters to the tune of $6 million a year. Harrison is really showing NO effort to cut costs by taking away jobs and families and health benefits for children and babies who have been thrown out into the cold for what amounted to a minute amount amount of money in the big picture. It's cruel,senseless, and very irresponsible by the current people in office, especially the Mayor. None of the overly bloated paychecks to all of these "managers," will never be touched. Wheres the logic. The crosing guards are the next to go, once again saving almost no money. Get it. grip will ya.

Because I am very educated about the Fire Service. A captain is in charge of an apparatus and the men on that apparatus, when there is a fire the IC will tell the captain what he wants done then he takes his men/women into the situation and gets the job done. Often the captain will also have to take on the responsibility of being the IC if a chief is unavailable or multiple scenes are happening at the same time. You would be surprised probably how many times a day I hear on my scanner Harrison going out.

I said maybe as a cost saving measure down the road, reduce the number of captains and add lieutenants. My suggestion was a BC per shit, only 1 captain on E-3 and a Lt on the Ladder and E-1. Instead of having 3 captains on duty.

Having a paid FD is a great benefit. Because of the area we live in the initial minutes of a fire is vital.

Kearny is stretched thin enough. They are already one of the largest mutual aid providers in the county and often they have multiple incidents at the same time. They couldn't just cover Harrison with their current man power without having serious safety concerns.

Harrison FD is such a small fraction of Harrison's over all tax bill. Explain to me why Harrison's superintendent gets paid more then Kearny's?

Focus on adjusting wages to proper levels for the work they do before you consider cutting safety.

In my opinion, you forgot some other families. The **********, **********, *******, ******, *********, ********* (the cop did get demoted from *** to **** recently. He usually comes up high on promtional exams, but you gotta wonder why, especially if you work with him, that somethings wrong with those test scores because he is a man of very little intelligence, he couldn't possibly have more than a G.E.D. or Harrison High Diploma). This whole nepotism scam, so blatantly used, is one of the main reasons McMole and his band of merry thieves have got to go bye-bye in the election. How much more punishment do you have to take before you stand up for yourselves? Notice all of those ridiculously high salaries. Do you think they worry about the mortgage, car insurance, foo, clothing, or sending their kids to college? They have multiple homes, cars, and even boats that cost more than your house. Are you gonna still be able to afford even cable TV soon? Get it now!! Stop the madnes!!

Edited by KOTW
Content.

You are definately a HFD member or a retired one. The terms you use are only those that make their welfare job has intimate knowledge of. The men/women thing was a good try, but you already know there aren't any female clubhouse members and only one token black minority. You must have your scanner tuned to the Harrison, NYFD. Why is it so that minorities are kept out of those high paying check festivals. Discrimination comes to mind. In Harrison NJ, the suntan club guys are appointed, as you can clearly see in how many members and relatives get on the same dept. How is it that I have personal knowledge of Kearny, E. Newark, and even Jersey City have beaten the highly paid members of the HFD to incidents. I was there. As to what you call "going out," these are counted as calls of service and included in these are personal business calls such as grocery shopping and trips to the credit union to see their wife or off-duty clubhouse members. A volunteer FD could do the job even better. If you hear all these calls, where the hell are they going because there has only been like 3 fires in the last 4 years. Its all ambulance calls. A private company could easily handle then at a fraction of the $6 million a year being wasted now. Now go listen to your scanner Columbo.

You are definately a HFD member or a retired one. The terms you use are only those that make their welfare job has intimate knowledge of. The men/women thing was a good try, but you already know there aren't any female clubhouse members and only one token black minority. You must have your scanner tuned to the Harrison, NYFD. Why is it so that minorities are kept out of those high paying check festivals. Discrimination comes to mind. In Harrison NJ, the suntan club guys are appointed, as you can clearly see in how many members and relatives get on the same dept. How is it that I have personal knowledge of Kearny, E. Newark, and even Jersey City have beaten the highly paid members of the HFD to incidents. I was there. As to what you call "going out," these are counted as calls of service and included in these are personal business calls such as grocery shopping and trips to the credit union to see their wife or off-duty clubhouse members. A volunteer FD could do the job even better. If you hear all these calls, where the hell are they going because there has only been like 3 fires in the last 4 years. Its all ambulance calls. A private company could easily handle then at a fraction of the $6 million a year being wasted now. Now go listen to your scanner Columbo.

You think you know who or what I am. But you are dead wrong. I am not a HFD member (retired or active). Would it suprise you to know I am a firefighter? Probably not. Yes I am a firefighter. Thats how I have knowledge of the topics and local departments. Am I a paid firefighter? No I am not. I am a volunteer myself. Can volunteer firefighters get the job done? Yes they can. Can the volunteer fire department do the job even better? I am not so sure due to response time. Having firefighters on hand ready to respond to any incident without having to wait for them arrive at the fire house is a huge advantage. In a town like Harrison it can often mean the difference of a minor fire and a major fire. Minutes do mean a lot in the fire service. The main difference between a volunteer fire department and a paid fire department is response time.

At one time you are most likely correct about Harrison "appointing" people. No longer is that the case. Harrison if they were to even hire firefighter in the near future the chances of them being from Harrison are slim to none which is a shame. Harrison is required to hire off a list from the state made up of Essex/Hudson country residents. (Which is unfair because Harrison residents can't be hired in Newark the largest FD in the state and their residents can be hired in Kearny/Harrison, talk about discrimination. Harrison and Kearny should be able to hire their residents first or at least hire from a list of West Hudson residents. Rankings would obviously be determined by the Civil Service Commission which is state run.

3 fires in the past 4 years? Boy you really have no idea what you are talking about. Get you facts straight. If you live in Harrison you should be happy you have a paid fire department it's a great service they offer. (You are probably wondering why as a volunteer I would be supporting paid departments, well figure it out, we are a brotherhood, paid and volunteer, brothers may not always get along but firefigters stick together, the next time there is a fire in Harrison, Kearny or East Newark volunteers/paid guys will be there side by side getting the job done.)

OK, maybe four fires instead of three. Is it still fiscally resposible to pay $24 million to the clubhouse members over the last 4 years years for 4 fires. Thats a whopping $6 million per incident. If you live in Harrison and agree thats appropriate, put the "for sale," sign on your house now because taxes are going way up, thats a FACT, and if you work for the town and make under $30-40 thousand your job is going to. Have fun living without medical benefits for you and your family. McMole till the end. Frank "I am the Law," Hague got 3% of Jersey Citys payroll. I wonder what the Harrison council members get?

These are 2008 salaries - Mayor McDonough - PVSC - $132,000.00 - Mayor salary - $3,000.00

Mayor McDonough's wife - BOE - $142,000.00

Mayor McDonough's brother in law - Redevelopment Agency - $52,000.00

Mayor McDonough's sister in law - Construction office - $58,000.00

Mayor McDonough's niece - BOE - $61,000.00

Mayor McDonough's nephew - Harrison Housing - $49,500.00 - He was recently ******** ** ******-*******

Jimmy Duran - BOE - $246,000.00 - Councilmember - $1,500.00 - High Tech - $48,000.00

Jimmy Duran's brother - PVSC - $56,000.00

Jimmy Duran's brother - BOE - $38,000.00

Jimmy Duran's nephew - BOE - $41,000.00

Jimmy Duran's business partner - BOE - $68,000.00

Jimmy Duran's business partner - Redevelopment Agency - $38,000.00

Jimmy Duran's cousing - BOE - special perks

Mike Dolaghan - BOE maintenance - $72,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $168,000.00 3 positions

Dolaghan's nephew - PVSC - %61,000.00

Dolaghan's nephew - BOE - $52,000.00

Dolaghan's sister in law - BOE $44,000.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $89,000.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $98,000.00

Dolaghsn's sister - Community Center $59,000.00

Mandaglio - County Job - $64,000.00 - Councilwoman $1,500.00

Mandaglio's husband - PVSC - $58,000.00

Mandaglio's son - PVSC $49,000.00

Benett PVSC - $85,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Benett's wife County - $56,000.00

Benett's daughter - PVSC $49,000.00

Huaranga - BOE - $42,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Huaranga's brother BOE - $42,000.00

Huaranga's girlfriend - BOE $58,000.00

Nascimento - BOE $78,000.00 - night school - $48,000.00 - Councilman $1,500.00

Nascimento's wife - BOE - $69,000.00

Please note that these salaries are older and that all of the above positions also have additional cost to the town for Health Benefits witch costs approx. $18,000.00 per plan and every single one of these employees have multiple plans that come with multiple jobs.

THIS IS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING. And they choose to go to the CROSSING GUARDS to save money???

DOES THIS MAKE SENCE? WAKE UP AND STOP THE SPENDING.

You forgot the Mayor's sister BOE ???