Police Salaries

Guest Eneerg

Harrison Police Officers make 75,480 per year while Kearny's Officers make 97,076 a difference of almost $22,000.HPD has 46 Officers while Kearny has 118.Is a Kearny Officer worth $22,000 more then their counterpart in Harrison? Harrison has a 25,000 seat soccer stadium which can erupt in a major disturbance at any time. It has a large immigrant population and its schools are rated poorly.I would say that the Harrison Officer has a larger workload then Kearny and works with minimum manpower.

It appears that the Harrison PBA has failed in its contract negotiations to get its Officers salries comparable with other Hudson County Municipalities. The PBA is doing a poor job.

The Harrison Supt. of Schools makes over 200K. He is also a Councilman. I don't think he's worth the salary.He is the Police Chairman and has a say on how much an Officer makes. He also has voted on Police Demotions and a decrease in Police manpower. What a guy!

Guest J O'Brien

You make an interesting point but the comparison is incomplete. Harrison is 3 or 4 times smaller in acreage than Kearny. They are also the home of a dangerous chlorine chemical plant. Secondly, our police force has unlimited sick days; it is part of the reason we are so often understaffed. Your post does not address the major reason we are so understaffed: money trouble - the NY Red Bulls pays NOTHING to the town. We are held hostage to developers who are in no hurry to create anything. We are paying top dollar to incompetent lawyers, who structured the contracts so that the Harrison taxpayers took all the risk, are on the hook tens-of-millions of bonds and tens-of-millions in notes (both bonds and notes are loans that we have to pay back with interest), and had no Plan B to develop the town.

I agree with you 100%. I am a retired officer. Harrison has a long history of absolute unwarranted hate and blatant acts of contempt against them for what appears to be that of which an officer is one of the few pwople in town that can keep them in check, such as turning-in Tanski to the prosecutors office when the Mayor begged and pleaded with them not to do so. They also have a very long history of treating the fire dept. as the golden child of the town. This is because just about every fireman owes his appointment to the job thru nepotism, patronage, and cronyism. How do you go against a member of your own family. Nobody is fooled by this. Every time the town gets in trouble with monetary trouble or corruption by politicians the first thing they do to "save" money is to attack the police, over and over again. Nothing is gonna change because in November you are just going to elect the criminals again who are driving you into forclosure as they roll in wealth. You will never learn. You deserve what you get because of your own irresponsible voting and not seeing the big picture. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Harrison Police Officers make 75,480 per year while Kearny's Officers make 97,076 a difference of almost $22,000.HPD has 46 Officers while Kearny has 118.Is a Kearny Officer worth $22,000 more then their counterpart in Harrison? Harrison has a 25,000 seat soccer stadium which can erupt in a major disturbance at any time. It has a large immigrant population and its schools are rated poorly.I would say that the Harrison Officer has a larger workload then Kearny and works with minimum manpower.

It appears that the Harrison PBA has failed in its contract negotiations to get its Officers salries comparable with other Hudson County Municipalities. The PBA is doing a poor job.

The Harrison Supt. of Schools makes over 200K. He is also a Councilman. I don't think he's worth the salary.He is the Police Chairman and has a say on how much an Officer makes. He also has voted on Police Demotions and a decrease in Police manpower. What a guy!

The median police salary in NJ is 91,000, some cops are making up to 120,000, not counting O.T. You guys should have your resumes out.

Town is broke and these lazy, greedy, $astards are looking for a raise! Do you actually think that the Town will give you all a $22,000.00 a year jump. Taxpayers are going hungry, you idiots! Should be taking a cut in pay, for the amount of work that you do. What a disgrace! *** ***** should keep his big mouth shut or go back to "THE VALLEY". Kissed everyones butt to get the job and has been a pain in the @ss since. Grow the hell up! Better watch out what you say about the Kearny P.D. they could easily come in and take over. With the manpower that they have they could handle it without even a complaint. Then we would have a Professional Dept. Edited by KOTW
For Content.

None of us like him. He won against Pete Higgins by lying. He's done nothing since becoming a councilman, except for giving his friends and family good paying, do nothing jobs. I can't understand why the Police don't take him to task. He certainly does nothing for them. I suppose if they lived here, it would be different. Those of us who do live here, can't stand him.

WTF???U R KIDDING RIGHT? THATS Y U HAVE REDBULL PD (COMBO OF HARRISON AND ESSEX CO)IF U FEEL U CAN'T HANDLE IT THEN HAVE HUDSON CO TAKE OVER. MUST BE HARD TO SIT N WRITE CRAP WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WORKS. KEARNY PD DOES GREAT WORK DO SOLVE CRIMES NOT JUST WATCH CSI FROM VINNY'S. U R LEADER IS TO BLAME U WANTED HIM IN OFFICE NOW DEAL WITH IT! proud kearny resident to answer you stupid comments.

Speaking of $22,000.00 jumps and you point out the police. What about when 5 or 6 fireboys are promoted to Captain at the basically a little more monetary raise than the 22K. Thats OK with you, but a 1 to 2% raise for the cops is intolerable. A fireboys raise when promoted from fireboy to captain is more than most citzens make in a year. You think thats appropriate because the self-called bravest put out an average of 0 to 1 fire a year. They have 42 members: Achie, three deputy chiefs, 6 batalion chiefs, and about 20 captains. Thats leaves only about 12 actual people of the fireboy total. Keep voting for McMole, more promotions will be made, and the starting rank at the suntan club of cowards will be the reank of captain. A regular firemans position will be eliminated. They almost have it done..Bye bye mortgage, hello foreclosure, hello roach infested apartment while the suntan club members live in the suburbs with sprawling $750,000.00 homes and new cars. Life is good, if you are inside. Get it now.

Town is broke and these lazy, greedy, $astards are looking for a raise! Do you actually think that the Town will give you all a $22,000.00 a year jump. Taxpayers are going hungry, you idiots! Should be taking a cut in pay, for the amount of work that you do. What a disgrace! *** ***** should keep his big mouth shut or go back to "THE VALLEY". Kissed everyones butt to get the job and has been a pain in the @ss since. Grow the hell up! Better watch out what you say about the Kearny P.D. they could easily come in and take over. With the manpower that they have they could handle it without even a complaint. Then we would have a Professional Dept.

couldn't have said it better myself...Maybe Kearny should take over

Guest starbucks here

Speaking of $22,000.00 jumps and you point out the police. What about when 5 or 6 fireboys are promoted to Captain at the basically a little more monetary raise than the 22K. Thats OK with you, but a 1 to 2% raise for the cops is intolerable. A fireboys raise when promoted from fireboy to captain is more than most citzens make in a year. You think thats appropriate because the self-called bravest put out an average of 0 to 1 fire a year. They have 42 members: Achie, three deputy chiefs, 6 batalion chiefs, and about 20 captains. Thats leaves only about 12 actual people of the fireboy total. Keep voting for McMole, more promotions will be made, and the starting rank at the suntan club of cowards will be the reank of captain. A regular firemans position will be eliminated. They almost have it done..Bye bye mortgage, hello foreclosure, hello roach infested apartment while the suntan club members live in the suburbs with sprawling $750,000.00 homes and new cars. Life is good, if you are inside. Get it now.

funny you should mention the fire dept as a escape goat yet again, what about the dead weight in town like the doughboy who now is in the dpw. what about the one who has served herself to more officers then dunkin donut has donuts?? she was supposely recovered and promoted as ******'s mascot. what about the construction dept and court with rehires of retirees??? explain that one??? and answer me this does paul really need a secretary when **** ****** roams around the town hall like a bad penny!

Edited by KOTW
Content

My dear fireboy, if you are worried about any women "serving it up" as you crudely put towards a female employee of the town to the cops, I would first straighten out my own wife with conversation that it is not nice to be visited by the po-po during your 24 hr. shift. Thats panty-dropping time ya'll.

Not sure how many total guys they have but I'll tell you what I KNOW is wrong.

They only have:

1 Chief

4 Batalion Chiefs

I can't figure out where you are getting 3 DC's from? They use to have 1 but when the layoff's came he retired.

You discredit your whole post by citing things thats aren't true you know that? If you just make things up serious people don't care what you have to think.

Guest no cops here

My dear fireboy, if you are worried about any women "serving it up" as you crudely put towards a female employee of the town to the cops, I would first straighten out my own wife with conversation that it is not nice to be visited by the po-po during your 24 hr. shift. Thats panty-dropping time ya'll.

haha, you must be the flavor of the month now on team mb!lmao poor thing i think its the other way around your friend has had my hose!and plenty of others in town!keep serving those protein shakes! lmao!

The REAL reason that Harrison PD has such a Disparity with Kearny is very simple.... THEY WORK TOGETHER. Instead Harrison is divede between the PBA abd the FOP, and spend more time measuring D@cks than taking care of their members. They were told at the time that splitting the department, ESPECIALLY a relatively small one like Harrison was going to be a huge mistake, and they did it anyway... Now they are reaping what they've Sown. Between that, and the (sadly, very few) Morons on both the PD and FD who seem to spend more time on here bitching at each other...egged on by the Civilian A-holes who have even MORE apparent time on their hands, what in reality should be just a bump in the road has become a chasm. Does Kearny PD have their Issues?? Certainly they do..just like North Arlington PD, Lyndhurst PD, Belleville PD, Secaucus PD, Ect., Ect. the DIFFERENCE is, at least in the PUBLIC EYE, they keep their dirty laundry and arguing amongst themselves.

Not sure how many total guys they have but I'll tell you what I KNOW is wrong.

They only have:

1 Chief

4 Batalion Chiefs

I can't figure out where you are getting 3 DC's from? They use to have 1 but when the layoff's came he retired.

You discredit your whole post by citing things thats aren't true you know that? If you just make things up serious people don't care what you have to think.

How come you didn't include how many CAPTAINS there are at the HFD. You are discrediting, as you said, the taxpayers from ALL of the proper information. Why did you stop at the Batallion Chief level? Give the full picture and then your expert, accurate analysis may have some credibility. Just how many Captains are there and what additional duties do they perform for $20,000.00+ more than a regular fireman. Also, what are the duties of a Batallion Chief as opposed to a Deputy Chief. I cannot imagine you only painted half of the picture on purpose, or did you? You answer questions like a polician, just playing parts of a persons speech to make a point instead of the whole statement. What is you excuse? What are you hiding?

Guest kick OTJ1987

The REAL reason that Harrison PD has such a Disparity with Kearny is very simple.... THEY WORK TOGETHER. Instead Harrison is divede between the PBA abd the FOP, and spend more time measuring D@cks than taking care of their members. They were told at the time that splitting the department, ESPECIALLY a relatively small one like Harrison was going to be a huge mistake, and they did it anyway... Now they are reaping what they've Sown. Between that, and the (sadly, very few) Morons on both the PD and FD who seem to spend more time on here bitching at each other...egged on by the Civilian A-holes who have even MORE apparent time on their hands, what in reality should be just a bump in the road has become a chasm. Does Kearny PD have their Issues?? Certainly they do..just like North Arlington PD, Lyndhurst PD, Belleville PD, Secaucus PD, Ect., Ect. the DIFFERENCE is, at least in the PUBLIC EYE, they keep their dirty laundry and arguing amongst themselves.

looks like the only a-hole is you OTJ1987 you can f*ckin spell! clearly you that F*ckin detective who kisses ass to get paid and do nothing. OTJ1087 work on spelling! lmao j-off who is offended by the truth! your soooooooooF*ckin wise you can't spell.

Can somebody, I don't know how to access the information, post a rundown of the names, titles, and salaries of the Harrison Fire Dept. Then the VOTERS can decide if this is the best use of their tax dollars. I think that only 1 fireman lives in town. They come to Harrison to eat, sleep, and watch sports on a large screen plasma TV. They do not even purchase the groceries for their lavish dinners from any Harrison small business to help the towns economy. They go to Kearny. They would never even drive thru Harrison again if it was not for that $120,000.00/year paycheck. Most drive to town, illegally park their cars, and never leave the confines of the fire dept. fortress for the next 24 hours unless they go outside for a cigarette or joint, then wake up and leave. You cannot dispute that. You want to vote for McMole and allow this to continue?

How come you didn't include how many CAPTAINS there are at the HFD. You are discrediting, as you said, the taxpayers from ALL of the proper information. Why did you stop at the Batallion Chief level? Give the full picture and then your expert, accurate analysis may have some credibility. Just how many Captains are there and what additional duties do they perform for $20,000.00+ more than a regular fireman. Also, what are the duties of a Batallion Chief as opposed to a Deputy Chief. I cannot imagine you only painted half of the picture on purpose, or did you? You answer questions like a polician, just playing parts of a persons speech to make a point instead of the whole statement. What is you excuse? What are you hiding?

I only answer and correct the facts to the portions I have direct knowledge about. I don't just make up facts like half the people on this site. (Go back and read all my posts you will see)

Because I am not sure how many captains Harrison has I wouldn't dare to make up a number I could make a reasonable guess 15-20, but I advertise that as what it is a guess. I am not part of Harrison FD nor am I a politician. In terms of additional duties captains have they have a lot more responsibility both in regards to duties and in regards to the law.

What are the duties of a Battalion Chief as opposed to a Deputy Chief. Well that varies from town to town. In Harrison the DC was an administrative position and the Battalion Chief was responsible for being the incident commander. The BC position made less money than the DC position (about 20K I believe, you could look that up from last year's numbers). The BC is responsible controlling a fire scene and running the day to day operations of the department. (This goes for Harrison, each towns ranks/responsibilities are different)

Down the road when captains retire maybe Harrison should create the rank of Lieutenant. Have one BC on per shift. Captain on one of the rigs. The other rigs in service be commanded by Lt's. Lt's could be paid a little less. Could be a cost saving measure for the town in the long run.

You have a lot of info. though you claim to not be part of the FD. How do you know that a Captain as opposed to a regular fireman has any special extra duties. From where I stand and know, there aren't any. If you owned a small company, say of 42 employees, that manufactures a product called widgets, you would most likely have a CEO (you), a CFO, and one supervisor for each shift. The rest of the employees would be making your product to market. On the other hand, the FD has at minimum 25 supervisors. That leaves only 17 workers. You think that by having 25 bosses in offices in administrative positions your company would be profitable? No way! You would be a really poor business owner and out of business within a month. It's just not reasonable at all. Now you want to make a Lt. rank. That takes another probable 7 people from worker to administarator, leaving only 12 workers. Do you see the imbalance and absurdity of this. Most fireman are underachievers from an early age and the Harrison FD is is a highly, extremely pricy, dumping ground for politicians families, cronies, and friends. A private ambulance company could be hired at a fraction of the current FD cost and Kearny can handle the average 1 incident on a per diem basis. 42 underachivers, who could never make it in the private sector sit in the dugout waiting for that call to bat that will hardly ever come at a cost to the voters to the tune of $6 million a year. Harrison is really showing NO effort to cut costs by taking away jobs and families and health benefits for children and babies who have been thrown out into the cold for what amounted to a minute amount amount of money in the big picture. It's cruel,senseless, and very irresponsible by the current people in office, especially the Mayor. None of the overly bloated paychecks to all of these "managers," will never be touched. Wheres the logic. The crosing guards are the next to go, once again saving almost no money. Get it. grip will ya.

You have a lot of info. though you claim to not be part of the FD. How do you know that a Captain as opposed to a regular fireman has any special extra duties. From where I stand and know, there aren't any. If you owned a small company, say of 42 employees, that manufactures a product called widgets, you would most likely have a CEO (you), a CFO, and one supervisor for each shift. The rest of the employees would be making your product to market. On the other hand, the FD has at minimum 25 supervisors. That leaves only 17 workers. You think that by having 25 bosses in offices in administrative positions your company would be profitable? No way! You would be a really poor business owner and out of business within a month. It's just not reasonable at all. Now you want to make a Lt. rank. That takes another probable 7 people from worker to administarator, leaving only 12 workers. Do you see the imbalance and absurdity of this. Most fireman are underachievers from an early age and the Harrison FD is is a highly, extremely pricy, dumping ground for politicians families, cronies, and friends. A private ambulance company could be hired at a fraction of the current FD cost and Kearny can handle the average 1 incident on a per diem basis. 42 underachivers, who could never make it in the private sector sit in the dugout waiting for that call to bat that will hardly ever come at a cost to the voters to the tune of $6 million a year. Harrison is really showing NO effort to cut costs by taking away jobs and families and health benefits for children and babies who have been thrown out into the cold for what amounted to a minute amount amount of money in the big picture. It's cruel,senseless, and very irresponsible by the current people in office, especially the Mayor. None of the overly bloated paychecks to all of these "managers," will never be touched. Wheres the logic. The crosing guards are the next to go, once again saving almost no money. Get it. grip will ya.

These are 2008 salaries - Mayor McDonough - PVSC - $132,000.00 - Mayor salary - $3,000.00

Mayor McDonough's wife - BOE - $142,000.00

Mayor McDonough's brother in law - Redevelopment Agency - $52,000.00

Mayor McDonough's sister in law - Construction office - $58,000.00

Mayor McDonough's niece - BOE - $61,000.00

Mayor McDonough's nephew - Harrison Housing - $49,500.00 - He was recently ******** ** ******-*******

Jimmy Duran - BOE - $246,000.00 - Councilmember - $1,500.00 - High Tech - $48,000.00

Jimmy Duran's brother - PVSC - $56,000.00

Jimmy Duran's brother - BOE - $38,000.00

Jimmy Duran's nephew - BOE - $41,000.00

Jimmy Duran's business partner - BOE - $68,000.00

Jimmy Duran's business partner - Redevelopment Agency - $38,000.00

Jimmy Duran's cousing - BOE - special perks

Mike Dolaghan - BOE maintenance - $72,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $168,000.00 3 positions

Dolaghan's nephew - PVSC - %61,000.00

Dolaghan's nephew - BOE - $52,000.00

Dolaghan's sister in law - BOE $44,000.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $89,000.00

Dolaghan's brother - HFD - $98,000.00

Dolaghsn's sister - Community Center $59,000.00

Mandaglio - County Job - $64,000.00 - Councilwoman $1,500.00

Mandaglio's husband - PVSC - $58,000.00

Mandaglio's son - PVSC $49,000.00

Benett PVSC - $85,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Benett's wife County - $56,000.00

Benett's daughter - PVSC $49,000.00

Huaranga - BOE - $42,000.00 - councilman $1,500.00

Huaranga's brother BOE - $42,000.00

Huaranga's girlfriend - BOE $58,000.00

Nascimento - BOE $78,000.00 - night school - $48,000.00 - Councilman $1,500.00

Nascimento's wife - BOE - $69,000.00

Please note that these salaries are older and that all of the above positions also have additional cost to the town for Health Benefits witch costs approx. $18,000.00 per plan and every single one of these employees have multiple plans that come with multiple jobs.

THIS IS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING. And they choose to go to the CROSSING GUARDS to save money???

DOES THIS MAKE SENCE? WAKE UP AND STOP THE SPENDING.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

These are 2008 salaries - Mayor McDonough - PVSC - $132,000.00 - Mayor salary - $3,000.00

Mayor McDonough's nephew - Harrison Housing - $49,500.00 - He was recently ******** ** ******-*******

Jimmy Duran - BOE - $246,000.00 - Councilmember - $1,500.00 - High Tech - $48,000.00

Please note that these salaries are older and that all of the above positions also have additional cost to the town for Health Benefits witch costs approx. $18,000.00 per plan and every single one of these employees have multiple plans that come with multiple jobs.

THIS IS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING. And they choose to go to the CROSSING GUARDS to save money???

I guess Harrison is getting raped or is it gang banged????? you figure it out

Guest All_For_Harrison

Wow, nice Familia!