McCormick Ticket

Guest *Harrisonian*

Guest Guest
Dude, when you say Doran got "plus a bonus job," what the F are you talking about??? A-hole.

Im talking abouit a job that pays $250,000 in five years, plus a performance bonus. But I think you know what I'm talking about so don't act shocked, or call someone names. There are people that know what is going on.

Guest Guest
I only hope that 2010 proves to be the last year we'll have to hear anything from Bonnie and Clyde. Good riddance to those two!!! :)

Bonnie & Clyde sound good to me! My taxes just went up $240 in one quarter! Out with the old! They are all done. We need all new.

Guest Guest
***** & ****** just released their official campaign video.

But I doubt KOTW will allow this post go through. But I'll give it a try.

That is stupid and it shows you are also.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

It seems like a lot of people read this forum, why aren't there more constructive (or at least thoughtful) comments and less slander?

Anyway, if ever a town needed a viable opposition it is Harrison. A ligitimate opposition (party, candidates, etc.) can keep the party (or people) in power honest and point out problems in the government's plans. Having a legitimate opposition can help to prevent groupthink from taking hold among the government officeholders and provoke a debate on the issues in the town. Harrison doesn't really seem to have this and for that reason I plan on voting for all the opposition candidates.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a real opposition party or group of people in Harrison that I would consider "legitimate". In my mind, to be legimate you must not only point out the flaws in your opposition (those currently in power), but offer a coherent and viable alternative. It is on the latter that I feel the McCormicks, et. al., fail. It is not enough to say you are against corruption and against the "redevelopment" of the town. What are the alternatives and how do you solve those problems? If this information is out there, I haven't seen it. Where are the letters to the editor in the local papers explaining the plans for change? Where is the website outlining a platform?

I really can't agree with the McCormick anti-redevelopment stance. I support the town's redevelopment. To be honest, I'd rather pay some more in taxes to redevelop brownfields than to pay a little less and watch my property value continue to diminish because of abandoned industrial sites continue to decay in the area. What's the alternative to redevelopment? Watch the factories continue to crumble?

With that said, I would like to see the town function more efficiently and with less corruption (real and perceived). The ideas listed in the other forum thread "Potential Harrison Reforms" are, I think, a great place to start. No dual office-holders. Share services with Kearny and E. Newark. Elected Board of Ed. Cut salaries for those at the top as well as for rank-and-file employees. Switch to volunteer Fire Department. Etc. Etc.

Bottom line, I will vote for the opposition because we need an opposition in this town to try to force some changes. Unfortunately I don't think the people running are really much better than the incumbents or have any common sense plans.

As a side note on taxes: taxes are going to continue to go up in the near future across the board (Federal, State, and local property taxes) because the costs of public employees (salary, pensions, healthcare) and individual entitlements (social security, medicare, etc.) will continue to increase as people live longer and there are fewer working age people to pay for all these obligations. The only solutions really are: 1) Increase the working age (by raising the retirement age), 2) Decrease the amount of benefits we take and give people, 3) Increase taxes. You can argue which route you want to go, and there are merits for all of them, but we shouldn't be surprised when a town is forced to cut payroll, raise taxes, and provide less services - it is a problem of demographics. We should debate what combination of those options we want, not act surprised or indignant when one of these happen.

Guest Guest
It seems like a lot of people read this forum, why aren't there more constructive (or at least thoughtful) comments and less slander?

Anyway, if ever a town needed a viable opposition it is Harrison. A ligitimate opposition (party, candidates, etc.) can keep the party (or people) in power honest and point out problems in the government's plans. Having a legitimate opposition can help to prevent groupthink from taking hold among the government officeholders and provoke a debate on the issues in the town. Harrison doesn't really seem to have this and for that reason I plan on voting for all the opposition candidates.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a real opposition party or group of people in Harrison that I would consider "legitimate". In my mind, to be legimate you must not only point out the flaws in your opposition (those currently in power), but offer a coherent and viable alternative. It is on the latter that I feel the McCormicks, et. al., fail. It is not enough to say you are against corruption and against the "redevelopment" of the town. What are the alternatives and how do you solve those problems? If this information is out there, I haven't seen it. Where are the letters to the editor in the local papers explaining the plans for change? Where is the website outlining a platform?

I really can't agree with the McCormick anti-redevelopment stance. I support the town's redevelopment. To be honest, I'd rather pay some more in taxes to redevelop brownfields than to pay a little less and watch my property value continue to diminish because of abandoned industrial sites continue to decay in the area. What's the alternative to redevelopment? Watch the factories continue to crumble?

With that said, I would like to see the town function more efficiently and with less corruption (real and perceived). The ideas listed in the other forum thread "Potential Harrison Reforms" are, I think, a great place to start. No dual office-holders. Share services with Kearny and E. Newark. Elected Board of Ed. Cut salaries for those at the top as well as for rank-and-file employees. Switch to volunteer Fire Department. Etc. Etc.

Bottom line, I will vote for the opposition because we need an opposition in this town to try to force some changes. Unfortunately I don't think the people running are really much better than the incumbents or have any common sense plans.

As a side note on taxes: taxes are going to continue to go up in the near future across the board (Federal, State, and local property taxes) because the costs of public employees (salary, pensions, healthcare) and individual entitlements (social security, medicare, etc.) will continue to increase as people live longer and there are fewer working age people to pay for all these obligations. The only solutions really are: 1) Increase the working age (by raising the retirement age), 2) Decrease the amount of benefits we take and give people, 3) Increase taxes. You can argue which route you want to go, and there are merits for all of them, but we shouldn't be surprised when a town is forced to cut payroll, raise taxes, and provide less services - it is a problem of demographics. We should debate what combination of those options we want, not act surprised or indignant when one of these happen.

First of all, you are right. The bigest problem is the people both running our current town and the new people running for the new election, don't have the proper education. They are your typical blue collar workers. No one has a degree in Economics or anything else. They have high school diplomas (I hope) even that I am not sure of. Second of all the people that the town laid off are the ones not making the high salaries. They cut the hours of the crossings guards, laid off some other lower paying employees while the ones making the BIG money are still making BIG money and are giving nothing back to the community because they live somewhere other than Harrison. Why couldn't they cut these salaries, say by even 10 or 20 percent? Also why does the town employees have to have such great Medical? Why can't they contribute towards these benefits like everyone else has to that work for other companies. Now no one goes without paying towards thier benefits any more. And I am not talking about $5. These are some ways to cut back so our taxes don't get raised every year. This madness has to stop somewhere!

Guest Guest

Trust me, having grown up with them, THEY ARE WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW! THEY ARE SOLELY IN IT FOR THEMSELVES, especially Stevie boy and Maria.

Guest Guest
Trust me, having grown up with them, THEY ARE WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW! THEY ARE SOLELY IN IT FOR THEMSELVES, especially Stevie boy and Maria.

Doran $250,000 + bonus, Dolaghan 100,000 as a janitor, McDonough $120,000 Passaic Valley, The bagman $64,000 no show, and the list goes on and on. McCormick, Bankruptcy, who is in it for themselves, Go back under your rock..

Guest Guest

And who isn't? No one and I mean no one does nothing for nothing unless it has something in it for themselves. I am all for in with the new and out with the old.

Guest guest

Thanks Mayor. How many members of your immediate family do you have on Harrison's payroll.

The McCormicks have gained nothing from putting up with a Mayor who has no clue. They have tried to save the Harrison taxpayers from the buffoons but the buffoons lead by McDumb continue to give away the town.

What a wonderful deal McDumb & Company put togehter with the Red Bulls. A 3rd Grader could have done better. Or is it because the McDumb and his close friend got taken care of and gave the farm away. Oh Yeh. McDonough was going to retire with the benefits of such a bad deal for himself but the higher ups wouldn't let him quit. Yeh, McDumb has the best interests of Harrison in mind, he's not in it for himself you're right, he is in it for himself and the rest of his family and friends.

Guest Guest
Thanks Mayor. How many members of your immediate family do you have on Harrison's payroll.

The McCormicks have gained nothing from putting up with a Mayor who has no clue. They have tried to save the Harrison taxpayers from the buffoons but the buffoons lead by McDumb continue to give away the town.

What a wonderful deal McDumb & Company put togehter with the Red Bulls. A 3rd Grader could have done better. Or is it because the McDumb and his close friend got taken care of and gave the farm away. Oh Yeh. McDonough was going to retire with the benefits of such a bad deal for himself but the higher ups wouldn't let him quit. Yeh, McDumb has the best interests of Harrison in mind, he's not in it for himself you're right, he is in it for himself and the rest of his family and friends.

So you think you could have done better, you should have voluteered to help. Who would anyone help, those loyal to him? Makes sense to me, it doesn't make sense to you? Stevie boy and Maria were not interested until they didn't get what they wanted. Now all of a sudden they are going to be the town's salvation?!

Yeah right!

Guest guest

lets get real for one moment the mcCormicks have lost all credibility when they stated taking money hiding money ,cheating, not getting permits, lying about things i can just imagine all the work that went on with all those properties they have or had i'm not trying to put them down but do you really want them in control -when i was growing up my parents each told me something i will never forget my father said--your word is your bond -break it you have nothing my mother would say to thine ownself be true you don't want the mc Cormicks running anything trust me THEY ARE JUST BAD FOR HARRISON

Guest pissedoff

......... how can you support these two, all they own is in forecloser, neither of them ever worked a real job, and you think they can solve this towns troubles? wake up, not the people to support at this time, we need someone who is qualified to take on a project this size that the town is faceing............

Guest Guest
......... how can you support these two, all they own is in forecloser, neither of them ever worked a real job, and you think they can solve this towns troubles? wake up, not the people to support at this time, we need someone who is qualified to take on a project this size that the town is faceing............

Your right, I think I would rather have Dolaghan, Bennitt, Et. At. manage my tax dollar. Yeah right.

The McCormicks might have gone bankrupt, but this gang has the whole town going bankrupt.

Guest Guest

Right now they are all we have against the ones that are in. And we want the ins to be out.

The ins have destroyed this town.

Guest Guest

I can and I will support anyone who is running against the current government. I am sick to death of them!

Between the high salaries and the filthy town, why vote for the current team. They show me nothing! It is time for a change!

Guest *Rocker*
lets get real for one moment the mcCormicks have lost all credibility when they stated taking money hiding money ,cheating, not getting permits, lying about things i can just imagine all the work that went on with all those properties they have or had i'm not trying to put them down but do you really want them in control -when i was growing up my parents each told me something i will never forget my father said--your word is your bond -break it you have nothing my mother would say to thine ownself be true you don't want the mc Cormicks running anything trust me THEY ARE JUST BAD FOR HARRISON

I guess your parents never thought you how to use punctuation marks.

Guest Guest
I can and I will support anyone who is running against the current government. I am sick to death of them!

Between the high salaries and the filthy town, why vote for the current team. They show me nothing! It is time for a change!

Trust me, in this case we are much better with the "devil" we have and know. The McComics are a disaster in the making.

• 3 weeks later...
sorry but I don't trust you.

I say give the new slate a chance. They can't be any worse than what we have now. Anyway, they will buy us some time (4 years) to find better educated candidates to run in the next election. In the meantime, we can hold them accountable. They are always talking about transparency in gov't. Let's see what they got. Can't be any worse than these do-nothing bobble heads we have now. At least if some of them get elected, they may be able to make a change in the way things are done now, in secret.

Guest alarmed
I say give the new slate a chance. They can't be any worse than what we have now. Anyway, they will buy us some time (4 years) to find better educated candidates to run in the next election. In the meantime, we can hold them accountable. They are always talking about transparency in gov't. Let's see what they got. Can't be any worse than these do-nothing bobble heads we have now. At least if some of them get elected, they may be able to make a change in the way things are done now, in secret.

you got to be kidding ? there is more corruption in the Mc Cormicks life than all of the council and mayor , the McCormicks have practiced the art of deception and have mastered their game, sidestepping laws and rules that we all have to abide by. they don't pay their taxes like you or me and required permits that you and me are required to obtain is a joke to them. How can they correct the problems the town has , being one of the problems the town and yes it's citizens have to tolerate.