teachers salaries

Guest guest

Guest guest
Over 102 Harrison teachers earn over $75k years 08-09 how many more in 09-10, we'll only know next year..

visit this website via the Star Ledger to learn more:

http://www.starledger.com/str/indexpage/pa...certpayroll.asp

75K is not a lot of money for years in school paid for by the teacher so the teacher can instruct your children to learn enough to have a better life and earn more than you were able to earn because you were never educated.

Guest Bubba
Over 102 Harrison teachers earn over $75k years 08-09 how many more in 09-10, we'll only know next year..

visit this website via the Star Ledger to learn more:

http://www.starledger.com/str/indexpage/pa...certpayroll.asp

I think the teachers deserve what they earn. The dead wood on the payroll could definitely stand to be pruned though. There are quite a few teachers who really go over and above the call of duty in helping the kids and it is appreciated.

Guest Guest

75k. Are you kidding me. Considering that they are college educated and are effecting our kids means they are worth a whole lot more. Teachers have even more duties these days with our society's problems. They deserve much more and just because you dont make that and work hard doesnt mean we should punish them.

Guest guest
no gym teacher in the world should make 100k especially in harrison

Your right, for a part time job 6 hours a day and summer off along with vacation time and sick time, they should be ashamed of themselves and besides that the kids don't learn anything just look at the numbers they don't lie. The only people commenting on this site are teachers who think they are underpaid and trying to justify their salaries.

Guest Guest
no gym teacher in the world should make 100k especially in harrison

Teachers' salaries are only a small part of the problem. Let's look at a full time Athletic Director, five full time guidance councilors, full time assistant principals, and an assistant superintendent. Assistants to the secretary of the BOE, and who knows how many curriculum coordinators, whatever that is. A politician disguised as a janitor making $100,000, members of the Board of Ed, taking a convention trip to Chicago, we even have a guy with a doctorate degree writing grants making over a $100.000 a year.

We pay a superintendent way more than the governor of the state and then give him an assistant making much more that $100,000 a year. The system is rife with assistant teachers, a plethora of lunch ladies, and secretaries. What is the difference in a teacher in any class with a masters degree, or a baccalaureate degree, ten thousand a year? Dozens of after school programs that are for the sake of babysitting. The sitters earning teachers' salaries. Pre school programs that are again baby sitting jobs. When the governor asks what is going on here, the answer is he, not the school officials, is taking money from the kids, and wrecking education in New Jersey. Oh please.

Guest guest
Your right, for a part time job 6 hours a day and summer off along with vacation time and sick time, they should be ashamed of themselves and besides that the kids don't learn anything just look at the numbers they don't lie. The only people commenting on this site are teachers who think they are underpaid and trying to justify their salaries.

Thank you

Guest Harrison Resident

I am not a Teacher, but being a teacher is more than a 6 hour job - do you understand that they also have to parent and help the children anyway they can. Nowadays most families are either single parent homes or screwed up families and the kids need someone to talk too and help them. Sit in a classroom with 25 kids day in and day out - thats not easy at all. I'm a mother who had 4 children and believe me they were hard to take care of day in and day out - so having 25 everyday is tough!!! Also, do you realize that these teachers help mold these children and hopefully have given them some sort of stability because believe me the kids nowadays are tough because most of them are lacking adult supervision and the only adults that some of them have in their lives are teachers!!!! So maybe you should visit a school classroom and check out what the teachers do everyday - maybe you should see what these teachers have to put up with - children that are rude - don't have any respect for anyone - parents that could care less when they get called in to discuss problems with their children - language barriers - so get off your high horse and realize that the teachers deserve more than they are being paid. They spend more time with your children than you do. You are probably one of those parents that think its the teachers responsibility to not only teach your children math, reading, etc. but also teach them manners and respect - WHICH IS EVERY PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY NOT THE TEACHERS - that is what really is wrong with the children today - their parents don't want to do their jobs they want the teachers to do it for them.

Guest Guest
Teachers' salaries are only a small part of the problem. Let's look at a full time Athletic Director, five full time guidance councilors, full time assistant principals, and an assistant superintendent. Assistants to the secretary of the BOE, and who knows how many curriculum coordinators, whatever that is. A politician disguised as a janitor making $100,000, members of the Board of Ed, taking a convention trip to Chicago, we even have a guy with a doctorate degree writing grants making over a $100.000 a year.

We pay a superintendent way more than the governor of the state and then give him an assistant making much more that $100,000 a year. The system is rife with assistant teachers, a plethora of lunch ladies, and secretaries. What is the difference in a teacher in any class with a masters degree, or a baccalaureate degree, ten thousand a year? Dozens of after school programs that are for the sake of babysitting. The sitters earning teachers' salaries. Pre school programs that are again baby sitting jobs. When the governor asks what is going on here, the answer is he, not the school officials, is taking money from the kids, and wrecking education in New Jersey. Oh please.

I agree with everything your say, except the part about the politician disguised as a janitor, making $100,000 a year. It should be a janitor disguised as a politician and he should be making $30,000 a year.

Guest Guest J
75K is not a lot of money for years in school paid for by the teacher so the teacher can instruct your children to learn enough to have a better life and earn more than you were able to earn because you were never educated.

75k a year!!! for my daughter to hear the words " shit , damn and hell" repeatedly in the classroom...for my daughter to learn where n what her teacher drank last night and where n what she will be drinking this weekend....75K for my daughter to learn that her teachers boyfriend got perscription for vicodin...shall i go on?? I agree, 75K is not a fair amount to be paid for such unprofessionalism.

Guest Apple Pie
I agree with everything your say, except the part about the politician disguised as a janitor, making $100,000 a year. It should be a janitor disguised as a politician and he should be making $30,000 a year.

I have to disagree with the preschool and afterschool babysitting comments. Parents have to work. Most families do not have grandparents or other family members who are available to take care of the kids and it is certainly not safe to leave them home alone. The preschool and afterschool programs keep them safe and learning. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. That is an example of money well spent. The scary thing is when you see the little kids who are going home by themselves after school and who are NOT in programs. If anything, those programs should be expanded into homework coaching and physical exercise. The kids would be healthier and the test scores would go up. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Guest Guest
75k a year!!! for my daughter to hear the words " shit , damn and hell" repeatedly in the classroom...for my daughter to learn where n what her teacher drank last night and where n what she will be drinking this weekend....75K for my daughter to learn that her teachers boyfriend got perscription for vicodin...shall i go on?? I agree, 75K is not a fair amount to be paid for such unprofessionalism.

Where The Hell Is Your Daughter Attending School???

Harrison Gardens Academy???

Get Real!!!!

Guest COUNT DEMONEY

The chumps who will be marching, at least those who actually SHOW UP not the ones who SAY they're coming,

were the ones who applauded Christie three months ago.

HA :angry: HA :lol: HA :lol:

The jokes on all of you slugs, sucking public funds dry.

That's right I'm talking to you administrators, cops, firemen! First you wanted a Republican Governor, conservative to the core,

and now your very own elected official is taking your hand out of the cookie jar.

I'm actually beginning to LIKE this guy. Shhhh, keep that under your hat, people.

Guest guest

The question isn't do they deserve good pay,they do.The question is with the rampant nepotism in Harrison where about one third of the teachers have been hired because of their connections the question is do we have the best teachers educating our kids.The answer is no.

Guest Guest
I have to disagree with the preschool and afterschool babysitting comments. Parents have to work. Most families do not have grandparents or other family members who are available to take care of the kids and it is certainly not safe to leave them home alone. The preschool and afterschool programs keep them safe and learning. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. That is an example of money well spent. The scary thing is when you see the little kids who are going home by themselves after school and who are NOT in programs. If anything, those programs should be expanded into homework coaching and physical exercise. The kids would be healthier and the test scores would go up. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I can't understand why you people don't spend more time at the Board of Ed meetings just so you can find out what is actually going on. The President of the Board is the Supt.'s cousin. The Ass't Supt. makes as much as the Supt. He was bought off. If that isn't bad enough, he spends at least half of his time in Costa Rica. His whole family is, or has been, using the Town as their personal "CASH COW" for the last 60 years or safe to say for a lifetime.

When are you people going to wake up?? It's your money that they are riding on. They're laughing all the way to the Bank. The mayor is allowing this to happen. After all, he can't be that dumb, can he?

Guest Guest

You hit it right on the head, the parents have to work. So let the tax payor pay to watch the kids while they work. Why not just turn your kid over to the state and let them raise them? If you want day care you should pay for it like everyone else. The tax payor should not have to foot the bill, while you reap the benefits.

Guest Guest

Stay home and take care of your own kids untill they are old enough for school. live off of your husbands salarly. but wait, I forgot a lot of women have children without a husband. If you cannot afford to raise a child by yourself, dont have one and make me the taxpayer pay for it. child care should not be free.

Guest Guest
Stay home and take care of your own kids untill they are old enough for school. live off of your husbands salarly. but wait, I forgot a lot of women have children without a husband. If you cannot afford to raise a child by yourself, dont have one and make me the taxpayer pay for it. child care should not be free.

"Live off your husbands salary"?? What planet are you from? Please go back immediately.

Guest Guest
"Live off your husbands salary"?? What planet are you from? Please go back immediately.

I did it my 5 daughters did it untill the child was in full time school. We are tired of helping to support mothers who continue to have children they cant afford and insist on getting everything for free. Again child care should not be free

Guest guest
I did it my 5 daughters did it untill the child was in full time school. We are tired of helping to support mothers who continue to have children they cant afford and insist on getting everything for free. Again child care should not be free

It is only free if your family income is very low. Everyone else in the town has to pay for it. Guess you didn't bother to educate yourself before you started spewing ignorance.

Guest Guest

I am perfectly able to pay for it, just need it to be available. Don't lump everyone together. Be grateful for your blessings and stop judging other people.

Guest Zippy
I am perfectly able to pay for it, just need it to be available. Don't lump everyone together. Be grateful for your blessings and stop judging other people.

AMEN SISTER!