BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest Disrespect is sad
So Let Me Get This Straight. You hope I'm as tough in person as I am when I'm behind a keyboard. Actually, I am only I'm meaner and uglier in person. But the last time I checked, this is America and my speech is protected. I can backup every fact I stated. I must have really hit a major nerve. because obviously, the truth hurts. The part where you say, "IP addresses can be checked and lead right to your location so I hope you can back your statements when there is a knock at your door". I guess that I'm supposed to be scared because the boogeyman is coming. You must be Munro or King, you know, the SECURITY guys. I guess they are already using their personal positions to advance their agendas. I guess Munro will have me investigated and King will supply me with more parking tickets than I can handle. All I can say is: I'm sorry that you can't face facts.

Sounds to me that these individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....Making the KBOE a POLICE state!!!!!!

I hope your tougher and meaner when your pulled over for speeding or running a red light but, it will most likely be for DUI.

Guest KPD for CHANGE
Wasn't King's father a Deputy Cheif in the Kearny Police Dept. When King was hired as a police officer in the Kearny Police Dept. ? No jobs for family or friends?

Bottom line is that everyone in Kearny is related to someone somehow, somewhere. Anyone can be acused of being related to someone, not just the BOE members that you you are trying to trash and have an axe to grind with.

All Kearny Police, families and friends of the KPD do whatever you can to elect the ticket with class and a true desire to help the children in Kearny.

King Munro & O'Malley

Enough of the current BOE members and their ilk.

Guest LOVING THE POLL NUMBERS
So let me get this straight. It's time to take the BOE in the right direction? Which direction is that? One where John Campbell, his cousin John Munro, George King and Bob O'Malley are “In Charge” and “Calling the shots”? Maybe then, YOU could get a job in the school district. You say stop board members from calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. I'm all for it but that’s funny since you’re pimping the Campbell ticket of King, Munro and O'Malley. They ALL have their own agendas and have already been calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. None of them have the best interests of the children in mind.

George King – Hockey Mom and Overpaid Security Guard. He is still pissed about no hockey team at KHS.

John Munro – Overpriced Security Guard, Union Buster and Picket Line Crossing Arrogant Rich Guy. He is pissed about facility assignments for Thistle and the middle school concept. He just wants to BUY his seat in the election.

Bob O’ Malley – Overpriced Electrical Contractor. He is pissed about not getting the KBOE maintenance supervisor’s job and having his company’s KBOE work reduced in support of NJ State law.

Sounds to me that these three individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....THEMSELVES!!!!!!

Do King Munro and O'Malley a favor and keep putting in your posts.

Since you put in your rant Munro has gotten HUNDREDS of more votes than McDonald. You are a great asset to the new ticket. Becasue the votes are going to Munro that means King and O'Malley also. No need for an election. Out with the old and in with the new.

Better days ahead for Kearny Parents and Children.

Guest You Go George King
Nonsense. Kearny is, was, and HAS BEEN Civil Service for decades. You get hired from where you come out on the List, you get PROMOTED from where you come out on the list..pure and simple. If that was the case, George King would never have been demoted from Acting/Provisional sergeant when the man he replaced was on Active Duty during the first Gulf War and it's Aftermath. That Did NOT happen, the Deployed Individual returned, and george went back to beign a Patrolman, until the next opening came up, and he was promoted off of the list. You want to go after the Issues, that's fine..but leave the PD OUT OF IT.

George why waste your time answering this idiot ? It is obvious that they ( Brenadette and her ticket) are desperate and think that spreading lies will change peoples minds. They just don't get it that Kearny is sick of the current board that we need a change and a new direction. The schools are a mess and the hiring of friends, family and relatives is disgusting and an insult to the people of Kearny.

Bernadette is terrified that when a new board comes in they will see what she has allowed to happen under her watch. It is great to see your ticket with all the votes on the KOTW poll. We all know it is just a sampling of the pounding the real election numbers will show.

Alan and Joe are just doing what they are told. Of course that's when Alan can even vote on an issue.

Why do we have a BOE member who can't vote on 50%-75% of the issues that matter because his child is a teacher and the other 50%-25% he isn't even at the meetings. Makes no sense at all. What purpose does he serve other than being a puppet to Bernadette?

Guest Guest
Nonsense. Kearny is, was, and HAS BEEN Civil Service for decades. You get hired from where you come out on the List, you get PROMOTED from where you come out on the list..pure and simple. If that was the case, George King would never have been demoted from Acting/Provisional sergeant when the man he replaced was on Active Duty during the first Gulf War and it's Aftermath. That Did NOT happen, the Deployed Individual returned, and george went back to beign a Patrolman, until the next opening came up, and he was promoted off of the list. You want to go after the Issues, that's fine..but leave the PD OUT OF IT.

A little on edge this morning pipes? I'm not attacking Mr. King or KPD. Just making a point. In a small town and close community like Kearny, people are going to be related. I believe we should take care of our own and keep Kearny the type of community it has been for years. One thing I wiill say, I'm embarrassed for Kearny after reading what is being posted on this site. I'm embarrassed that the people posting here are part of our community.

Guest karen shanley
LIES

You couldn't get something straight in 50 years with a road map.

I guess the new poll has the spineless rats REAL SCARED? They are resorting to their nameless, spineless ,

fact challenged and FALSE anonymous rants.

The end is near and your LIES won't prevent that.

We are back to the LIE that John Munro and John Cambell are cousins. NOT TRUE

John Cambell is running the King Munro & O'Malley ticket. NOT TRUE

King Munro & O'Malley are calling Administrators/ Coaches for special favors. NOT TRUE

You must mean Bernadette with her daughter on Soccer and Cheerleading? That's a fact.

King Munro & O'Malley don't have the best intreset of children in mind. NOT TRUE and VERY DESPERATE

You couldn't be as much of an advocate of our kids than King Munro & O'Malley.

TRUTH

George King- Supporting Father. Kearny Police Department Deputy Cheif. Hockey team is doing just fine.

No thanks to Bernadette and the laughing asses at The BOE, thank you very much !

Lifelong resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

John Munro- Supporting Father. Owner/Operator Multi-Million Dollar security company for over 20 years. Proud Thistle Coach. Donates thousands of dollars every year to various school, recreation and travel teams.

Employed thousands of Kearny residents. Life long resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

Genius why would anyone want to buy a BOE seat? For more practice time on a soccer field? Take your Meds.

Bob O'Malley_Supporting Father. Owner/Operator Manor Electrical Company. Willing to lose potential business/income to straighten out the current JOKE at the BOE. Pissed about not getting job? PLEASE

Life long resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

The reason they are running is simple: THE CHILDREN STUPID

If you have the balls to say to their faces the insults, and trash you put in here then go to The Players Club by the Board of Health on Saturday April 10th for their meet the candidates night.

I bet your little spineless punk ass won't show up.

: Oh Really One could only wonder

Guest Qualifications to beonBOE
George King

First off it is a hockey club, not a team. He is a parent of a club member; just like all other parents when their child joins a club. He is not a coach! So what if he is deputy chief. That has nothing to do with his qualifications to be a BOE member. I commend him for the work he does for our town, but he gets compensated quite well.

John Munro

Very generous man, from what I understand. Only problem, he only supports one side of town. Has employed thousands of people from town; so who does he want to get a job for the board?

Bob O' Malley

Sounds like a nice guy, but I don't know much about him to comment. Hopefully, he will get his message out so people can make a responsible decision regarding where he stands.

Supporting fathers? What the hell? All the people on the BOE are supporting parents. What makes these three gentlemen any different?

King does the KPD budget, Munro runs a business and O'Malley runs a business.

Business people are what we need on the board NOT TEACHERS.

They all want to be on the board to change the staus quo of how much can I get done for my family and how many jobs can I get for my friends.

No matter who wins this election we need to look at the hiring practices the BOE uses and review prior hirings to see how many positions are filled with Bernadette and her gangs friends and relatives.

Start with Jimmy Harkes and work your way back.

Guest Honor and class
George King

First off it is a hockey club, not a team. He is a parent of a club member; just like all other parents when their child joins a club. He is not a coach! So what if he is deputy chief. That has nothing to do with his qualifications to be a BOE member. I commend him for the work he does for our town, but he gets compensated quite well.

John Munro

Very generous man, from what I understand. Only problem, he only supports one side of town. Has employed thousands of people from town; so who does he want to get a job for the board?

Bob O' Malley

Sounds like a nice guy, but I don't know much about him to comment. Hopefully, he will get his message out so people can make a responsible decision regarding where he stands.

Supporting fathers? What the hell? All the people on the BOE are supporting parents. What makes these three gentlemen any different?

What makes them different is they have honor and want to do whats best for our kids.

Guest Guest
A little on edge this morning pipes? I'm not attacking Mr. King or KPD. Just making a point. In a small town and close community like Kearny, people are going to be related. I believe we should take care of our own and keep Kearny the type of community it has been for years. One thing I wiill say, I'm embarrassed for Kearny after reading what is being posted on this site. I'm embarrassed that the people posting here are part of our community.

If you want to be embarassed look into the mirror.

Guest TOTAL NONSENSE
So let me get this straight. It's time to take the BOE in the right direction? Which direction is that? One where John Campbell, his cousin John Munro, George King and Bob O'Malley are “In Charge” and “Calling the shots”? Maybe then, YOU could get a job in the school district. You say stop board members from calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. I'm all for it but that’s funny since you’re pimping the Campbell ticket of King, Munro and O'Malley. They ALL have their own agendas and have already been calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. None of them have the best interests of the children in mind.

George King – Hockey Mom and Overpaid Security Guard. He is still pissed about no hockey team at KHS.

John Munro – Overpriced Security Guard, Union Buster and Picket Line Crossing Arrogant Rich Guy. He is pissed about facility assignments for Thistle and the middle school concept. He just wants to BUY his seat in the election.

Bob O’ Malley – Overpriced Electrical Contractor. He is pissed about not getting the KBOE maintenance supervisor’s job and having his company’s KBOE work reduced in support of NJ State law.

Sounds to me that these three individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....THEMSELVES!!!!!!

Your missing the other lies that the current desperate incumbents and their shady supporters have been trying to spread around town in an attempt to get votes:

King Munro & O'Malley want to get rid of the secretary's.

They want to privatize the janitors.

They want to lay off teachers.

They want to eliminate sports.

They want to fire coaches.

They are running so they can get favors from coaches and administrator's for their kids.

They are running to get more playing time on fields.

They are running because they are pissed off and overpaid.

They want to create a Police State at the BOE.

MY FAVORITE, Ready for this one? Munro wants to build a fence down the middle of Midland Ave.

Anyone who believes this nonsense should be ashamed that they are so naive.

Most of all if the current BOE members running for re-election have done so much for our kids why are they so worried?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ACCOUNTABILITY that's why.

Guest Kpdpipes

On Edge?? not at all, but dont try and backpedal now. You made a clear implication that D/C King was only hired/Promoted because of Nepotism. You want to play the Politics game with the BOE, I really dont care.. But DONT try besmirching MY department while you do it. As far as this site, you SHOULD be Embarassed by what is posted here, which is why I rarely do anymore.

Guest MCDONALDS TAX KEARNY GANG
On Edge?? not at all, but dont try and backpedal now. You made a clear implication that D/C King was only hired/Promoted because of Nepotism. You want to play the Politics game with the BOE, I really dont care.. But DONT try besmirching MY department while you do it. As far as this site, you SHOULD be Embarassed by what is posted here, which is why I rarely do anymore.

Well said.

Now let all the Taxpayers of Kearny watch what McDonald and her gang of thieves do with the upcoming

( Rubber Stamp) Degesere budget.

No more false rumors to hide behind. No more lies about their opponents. The TRUE McDonald run BOE will be on full display when they cast their votes to raise your taxes.

WATCH AND LOOK WHO VOTES FOR THIS DEGESERE EGO FILLED AND BLOATED BUDGET.

ENOUGH SAID.

KING MUNRO O'MALLEY 1-3-6

Guest McDonal/Doffant/Saglia
Your missing the other lies that the current desperate incumbents and their shady supporters have been trying to spread around town in an attempt to get votes:

King Munro & O'Malley want to get rid of the secretary's.

They want to privatize the janitors.

They want to lay off teachers.

They want to eliminate sports.

They want to fire coaches.

They are running so they can get favors from coaches and administrator's for their kids.

They are running to get more playing time on fields.

They are running because they are pissed off and overpaid.

They want to create a Police State at the BOE.

MY FAVORITE, Ready for this one? Munro wants to build a fence down the middle of Midland Ave.

Anyone who believes this nonsense should be ashamed that they are so naive.

Most of all if the current BOE members running for re-election have done so much for our kids why are they so worried?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ACCOUNTABILITY that's why.

Now let's look at what McDonald, Doffant and Sgalia are all about.

For closing Franklin Elementary school.

For middle school no matter what the hardships are to the entire town. Not exploring other options.

For raising taxes to accomadate Degesere's promise to the KEA.

For hiring friends and relatives.

For being abusive and rude to Kearny residents who try to speak at BOE meetings.

For the status quo. Degesere says it and they approve it.

Do you really want these three for three more years?

If you do you are either a teacher or live out of town.

Guest Peoples Revolt
Do King Munro and O'Malley a favor and keep putting in your posts.

Since you put in your rant Munro has gotten HUNDREDS of more votes than McDonald. You are a great asset to the new ticket. Becasue the votes are going to Munro that means King and O'Malley also. No need for an election. Out with the old and in with the new.

Better days ahead for Kearny Parents and Children.

I agree this person is a great asset to The Peoples Choice. King Munro O'Malley

All three of the good ticket are now 1-2 and 4 on the poll.

Time to TAKE OUR TOWN BACK

Guest Pedro
HOW CAN I RUN FOR BOARD OF ED? WHATS THE PROCESS ANYONE KNOW? WE NEED CHANGES

Pedro first you have to have a brain.

While based on who is on the board now that may not be entirely true.

Guest STOP MIDDLE SCHOOL
George why waste your time answering this idiot ? It is obvious that they ( Brenadette and her ticket) are desperate and think that spreading lies will change peoples minds. They just don't get it that Kearny is sick of the current board that we need a change and a new direction. The schools are a mess and the hiring of friends, family and relatives is disgusting and an insult to the people of Kearny.

Bernadette is terrified that when a new board comes in they will see what she has allowed to happen under her watch. It is great to see your ticket with all the votes on the KOTW poll. We all know it is just a sampling of the pounding the real election numbers will show.

Alan and Joe are just doing what they are told. Of course that's when Alan can even vote on an issue.

Why do we have a BOE member who can't vote on 50%-75% of the issues that matter because his child is a teacher and the other 50%-25% he isn't even at the meetings. Makes no sense at all. What purpose does he serve other than being a puppet to Bernadette?

STOP THE MADNESS OF A MIDDLE SCHOOL.

VOTE KING MUNRO AND OMALLEY

Guest Bernadette McDonals
: Oh Really One could only wonder

Bernadette own your own post.

The only thing you have to wonder about is counting money at your little window after 4/21

Guest Guest

Wrong again Steve. I'm not backpedaling, I never implicated nepotism, never mentioned promotions, never besmirched your department.

Guest Forked Tongue
Wrong again Steve. I'm not backpedaling, I never implicated nepotism, never mentioned promotions, never besmirched your department.

Are you kidding me. That statement makes total sense for you riding the incumbents ticket......lies.

You speak with forkith tongue. Read your original post. Tell me you didn't imply the aforementioned items.

The difference between BOE and KPD is there is a Civil Service Test for KPD which generates a LIST from which applicants are hired, in order of highest to lowest score. Unlike the BOE who hires who they like, are related to, friends with, etc, etc, not who is MOST QUALIFIED! Who gets hurt by not hiring the most qualified person?......... OUR KIDS and TAXPAYERS!

Guest Current BOE Scary

Never implicated nepotism? Do you mean implied? Not trying to be Miss Crabtree just wondering.

You actually did imply nepotism, indciated George's promotions were due to nepotism and by extension besmirched the entire Kearny Police Department.

The sad thing here is the incumbent ticket and their backers are unfairly slandering not only the three men running against them but individuals and organizations that should not be included in what has turned into a street fight.

For an unpaid postion the banter here is alarming. One can only hope the incumbents aren't so afraid of their past actions that they are desperately trying everything and anything possible to win.

Its time for Bernadette to go back to being a bank teller, Alan to concentrate on his Harrison middle school and Joe to go back to being a counselor.

Guest CHANGE IS NEAR
Never implicated nepotism? Do you mean implied? Not trying to be Miss Crabtree just wondering.

You actually did imply nepotism, indciated George's promotions were due to nepotism and by extension besmirched the entire Kearny Police Department.

The sad thing here is the incumbent ticket and their backers are unfairly slandering not only the three men running against them but individuals and organizations that should not be included in what has turned into a street fight.

For an unpaid postion the banter here is alarming. One can only hope the incumbents aren't so afraid of their past actions that they are desperately trying everything and anything possible to win.

Its time for Bernadette to go back to being a bank teller, Alan to concentrate on his Harrison middle school and Joe to go back to being a counselor.

Short, quick, concise and to the point. That's what I'm talking about.

Guest kuld601

How the hell can the school board increase taxes again by 4%?When is it enough?Unemployment is at 9.3% and I'm sure it's higher in kearny!!!!As the politicians know,we are the UEZ,not a trough full of hundreds!!!!!!CUT THE DAM BUDGET ALREADY!!!!!!!THE CITIZENS VOTED FOR YOU TO LOOK OUT FOR OUR INTEREST!!!!!!If the 4% goes passes without 1 cut,well we know the rest!!!!!!!!What a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest would manure
King does the KPD budget, Munro runs a business and O'Malley runs a business.

Business people are what we need on the board NOT TEACHERS.

They all want to be on the board to change the staus quo of how much can I get done for my family and how many jobs can I get for my friends.

No matter who wins this election we need to look at the hiring practices the BOE uses and review prior hirings to see how many positions are filled with Bernadette and her gangs friends and relatives.

Start with Jimmy Harkes and work your way back.

Bernadette is a Vice President of a bank. Can't get more knowledge of finance. Let's give up the Jimmy Harkes issue. The man applied for a job. He was not recommended by Bernadette. He was hired. That's it! By the way Dale Pannullo BOE can track computer usage.

Guest Enough Already

All you the people posting negative comments about ALL the candidates should be ashamed of themselves. The six people running all have their own reasons; taxes, kids, other issues. But they should all be respected for stepping up to the plate and trying to do the right thing. It is very easy for all of the "supporters" to sit behind the computer and comment. Only six people know the real reasons they are running. Commenting on someone's job or income is not right. If you all have so much time on your hands, why not attend BOE meetings or Town Council meetings for that matter. Get involved. Name calling and slanderous comments never helped anyone.