BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest ENOUGH ALREADY
Mr. Degesere held a "pep rally" this week for our teachers. Again trying to pick up support for his puppet show (the current board of ed). He told the teachers that they would be ok with all the cuts coming from the State, but he has not told the Taxpayers that for everything to be "business as usual" taxes will be going UP again, at a rate of about $110.00 per $100,000 of your homes assessed value.

It is time to take the BOE in the right direction. Stop Board members from calling Administrators, teachers and COACHES to get SPECIAL favors for them and their families. Let our staff do their jobs without intimidation and fear of action being taken against them for making the RIGHT decisions and not what the special interests wants.

On April 20, 2010, voters have the opportunity to start changing the BOE for the BETTER, for our Kids and the Town. Vote King, Munro, O'Malley, three individuals who will serve on the BOE for the right reasons....Kearny's Children.

At last an accurate and factual post.

Wonderful and refreshing.

Guest SoLetMeGetThisStraight
Mr. Degesere held a "pep rally" this week for our teachers. Again trying to pick up support for his puppet show (the current board of ed). He told the teachers that they would be ok with all the cuts coming from the State, but he has not told the Taxpayers that for everything to be "business as usual" taxes will be going UP again, at a rate of about $110.00 per $100,000 of your homes assessed value.

It is time to take the BOE in the right direction. Stop Board members from calling Administrators, teachers and COACHES to get SPECIAL favors for them and their families. Let our staff do their jobs without intimidation and fear of action being taken against them for making the RIGHT decisions and not what the special interests wants.

On April 20, 2010, voters have the opportunity to start changing the BOE for the BETTER, for our Kids and the Town. Vote King, Munro, O'Malley, three individuals who will serve on the BOE for the right reasons....Kearny's Children.

So let me get this straight. It's time to take the BOE in the right direction? Which direction is that? One where John Campbell, his cousin John Munro, George King and Bob O'Malley are “In Charge” and “Calling the shots”? Maybe then, YOU could get a job in the school district. You say stop board members from calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. I'm all for it but that’s funny since you’re pimping the Campbell ticket of King, Munro and O'Malley. They ALL have their own agendas and have already been calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. None of them have the best interests of the children in mind.

George King – Hockey Mom and Overpaid Security Guard. He is still pissed about no hockey team at KHS.

John Munro – Overpriced Security Guard, Union Buster and Picket Line Crossing Arrogant Rich Guy. He is pissed about facility assignments for Thistle and the middle school concept. He just wants to BUY his seat in the election.

Bob O’ Malley – Overpriced Electrical Contractor. He is pissed about not getting the KBOE maintenance supervisor’s job and having his company’s KBOE work reduced in support of NJ State law.

Sounds to me that these three individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....THEMSELVES!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Fiscal responsibility is why John Cambell is exploring other options, as he should.

Just because Degesere promised no lay offs at the taxpayers expense doesn't make it so.

He wants to raise our taxes to keep his promise. Give us all a break.

Teachers should not be touched but what about all the " hall monitors", "lunch room monitors", etc.

Wake up, we don't have the money!!

Fiscal responsibility????? John Campbell wouldn't know fiscal responsibility if it jumped up and bit him in the rear. He is usually COSTING the Kearny taxpayers money with his lack of knowledge about anything the KBOE is responsible for. He has a history of voting in support of issues at the beginning of the meeting and then arguing at the end of the meeting about the same issues after he approved of them. He isn't "Smarter than a Fifth Grader".

God help King, Munro and O'Malley. They're going to need it!

Guest When your down LIE
So let me get this straight. It's time to take the BOE in the right direction? Which direction is that? One where John Campbell, his cousin John Munro, George King and Bob O'Malley are “In Charge” and “Calling the shots”? Maybe then, YOU could get a job in the school district. You say stop board members from calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. I'm all for it but that’s funny since you’re pimping the Campbell ticket of King, Munro and O'Malley. They ALL have their own agendas and have already been calling administrators, teachers and coaches to get special favors for them and their families. None of them have the best interests of the children in mind.

George King – Hockey Mom and Overpaid Security Guard. He is still pissed about no hockey team at KHS.

John Munro – Overpriced Security Guard, Union Buster and Picket Line Crossing Arrogant Rich Guy. He is pissed about facility assignments for Thistle and the middle school concept. He just wants to BUY his seat in the election.

Bob O’ Malley – Overpriced Electrical Contractor. He is pissed about not getting the KBOE maintenance supervisor’s job and having his company’s KBOE work reduced in support of NJ State law.

Sounds to me that these three individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....THEMSELVES!!!!!!

I have read a lot of the posts on this site, but never has a post had so many lies and misinformation as this one. Let me just say to you that if you want to lie and attack the character of people than I hope you're as tough in person as you are when you're behind a keyboard. IP addresses can be checked and lead right to your location so I hope you can back your statements when there is a knock at your door!

It's amazing what RATS will stoop to when the sense of change is coming.

Guest SoLetMeGetThisStraight
I have read a lot of the posts on this site, but never has a post had so many lies and misinformation as this one. Let me just say to you that if you want to lie and attack the character of people than I hope you're as tough in person as you are when you're behind a keyboard. IP addresses can be checked and lead right to your location so I hope you can back your statements when there is a knock at your door!

It's amazing what RATS will stoop to when the sense of change is coming.

So Let Me Get This Straight. You hope I'm as tough in person as I am when I'm behind a keyboard. Actually, I am only I'm meaner and uglier in person. But the last time I checked, this is America and my speech is protected. I can backup every fact I stated. I must have really hit a major nerve. because obviously, the truth hurts. The part where you say, "IP addresses can be checked and lead right to your location so I hope you can back your statements when there is a knock at your door". I guess that I'm supposed to be scared because the boogeyman is coming. You must be Munro or King, you know, the SECURITY guys. I guess they are already using their personal positions to advance their agendas. I guess Munro will have me investigated and King will supply me with more parking tickets than I can handle. All I can say is: I'm sorry that you can't face facts.

Sounds to me that these individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....Making the KBOE a POLICE state!!!!!!

Guest SPINELESS BOE LIARS

LIES

You couldn't get something straight in 50 years with a road map.

I guess the new poll has the spineless rats REAL SCARED? They are resorting to their nameless, spineless ,

fact challenged and FALSE anonymous rants.

The end is near and your LIES won't prevent that.

We are back to the LIE that John Munro and John Cambell are cousins. NOT TRUE

John Cambell is running the King Munro & O'Malley ticket. NOT TRUE

King Munro & O'Malley are calling Administrators/ Coaches for special favors. NOT TRUE

You must mean Bernadette with her daughter on Soccer and Cheerleading? That's a fact.

King Munro & O'Malley don't have the best intreset of children in mind. NOT TRUE and VERY DESPERATE

You couldn't be as much of an advocate of our kids than King Munro & O'Malley.

TRUTH

George King- Supporting Father. Kearny Police Department Deputy Cheif. Hockey team is doing just fine.

No thanks to Bernadette and the laughing asses at The BOE, thank you very much !

Lifelong resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

John Munro- Supporting Father. Owner/Operator Multi-Million Dollar security company for over 20 years. Proud Thistle Coach. Donates thousands of dollars every year to various school, recreation and travel teams.

Employed thousands of Kearny residents. Life long resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

Genius why would anyone want to buy a BOE seat? For more practice time on a soccer field? Take your Meds.

Bob O'Malley_Supporting Father. Owner/Operator Manor Electrical Company. Willing to lose potential business/income to straighten out the current JOKE at the BOE. Pissed about not getting job? PLEASE

Life long resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

The reason they are running is simple: THE CHILDREN STUPID

If you have the balls to say to their faces the insults, and trash you put in here then go to The Players Club by the Board of Health on Saturday April 10th for their meet the candidates night.

I bet your little spineless punk ass won't show up.

Guest Guest
Fiscal responsibility????? John Campbell wouldn't know fiscal responsibility if it jumped up and bit him in the rear. He is usually COSTING the Kearny taxpayers money with his lack of knowledge about anything the KBOE is responsible for. He has a history of voting in support of issues at the beginning of the meeting and then arguing at the end of the meeting about the same issues after he approved of them. He isn't "Smarter than a Fifth Grader".

God help King, Munro and O'Malley. They're going to need it!

King, Munro & O'Malley as well as the other five current BOE members will need God's help in dealing with not only John Cambell but the budget that will be needed for the next three years.

In any case it can't get any worse than what we have in there now.

Guest PUSSY

Talk about a telephone tough guy? What a pussy to have to write so much trash about people anonymously.

I would love to see the writter say it to their face.

Guest Bernadettes Web

Bernadette your husband and you have been crying on everyones shoulder about how your feelings are hurt by what is written on this site and then you get into character assassination because you can't find enough family members to give you more votes on this little poll.

SHAME ON YOU and your low life supporters.

It was you who contacted coaches on both the soccer team and the cheerleading team on your daughters behalf. It was you who hired your drinking buddy FH husband. It was you using your position to hurt another soccer team .

Go buy extra tissue for yourself.

What a phoney

Guest Guest

I would pay money to watch these three men B**ch Slap the writter of this post.

Guest I'm Shaking
So Let Me Get This Straight. You hope I'm as tough in person as I am when I'm behind a keyboard. Actually, I am only I'm meaner and uglier in person. But the last time I checked, this is America and my speech is protected. I can backup every fact I stated. I must have really hit a major nerve. because obviously, the truth hurts. The part where you say, "IP addresses can be checked and lead right to your location so I hope you can back your statements when there is a knock at your door". I guess that I'm supposed to be scared because the boogeyman is coming. You must be Munro or King, you know, the SECURITY guys. I guess they are already using their personal positions to advance their agendas. I guess Munro will have me investigated and King will supply me with more parking tickets than I can handle. All I can say is: I'm sorry that you can't face facts.

Sounds to me that these individuals will serve on the BOE for their own right reasons....Making the KBOE a POLICE state!!!!!!

Is it possible for you to start a sentence without," So let me get this straight"?

Hard to fathom you being meaner and uglier in person. UGH

Don't flatter yourself by thinking you hit a "nerve". It just goes to show what some people define as class and others don't. If you can prove everything then do it in a public forum or face to face since you are so tough. Guess what you are in America and in America everyone has the right to face his or her accuser.

If you can back up everything you say then DO IT.

KBOE a Police State? You must watch lots of TV.

Let's try this one more time. King, Munro & O'Malley care about the kids, the town. PERIOD

Guest Guest
LIES

You couldn't get something straight in 50 years with a road map.

I guess the new poll has the spineless rats REAL SCARED? They are resorting to their nameless, spineless ,

fact challenged and FALSE anonymous rants.

The end is near and your LIES won't prevent that.

We are back to the LIE that John Munro and John Cambell are cousins. NOT TRUE

John Cambell is running the King Munro & O'Malley ticket. NOT TRUE

King Munro & O'Malley are calling Administrators/ Coaches for special favors. NOT TRUE

You must mean Bernadette with her daughter on Soccer and Cheerleading? That's a fact.

King Munro & O'Malley don't have the best intreset of children in mind. NOT TRUE and VERY DESPERATE

You couldn't be as much of an advocate of our kids than King Munro & O'Malley.

TRUTH

George King- Supporting Father. Kearny Police Department Deputy Cheif. Hockey team is doing just fine.

No thanks to Bernadette and the laughing asses at The BOE, thank you very much !

Lifelong resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

John Munro- Supporting Father. Owner/Operator Multi-Million Dollar security company for over 20 years. Proud Thistle Coach. Donates thousands of dollars every year to various school, recreation and travel teams.

Employed thousands of Kearny residents. Life long resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

Genius why would anyone want to buy a BOE seat? For more practice time on a soccer field? Take your Meds.

Bob O'Malley_Supporting Father. Owner/Operator Manor Electrical Company. Willing to lose potential business/income to straighten out the current JOKE at the BOE. Pissed about not getting job? PLEASE

Life long resident of Kearny. K-12 Kearny Schooled

The reason they are running is simple: THE CHILDREN STUPID

If you have the balls to say to their faces the insults, and trash you put in here then go to The Players Club by the Board of Health on Saturday April 10th for their meet the candidates night.

I bet your little spineless punk ass won't show up.

George King

First off it is a hockey club, not a team. He is a parent of a club member; just like all other parents when their child joins a club. He is not a coach! So what if he is deputy chief. That has nothing to do with his qualifications to be a BOE member. I commend him for the work he does for our town, but he gets compensated quite well.

John Munro

Very generous man, from what I understand. Only problem, he only supports one side of town. Has employed thousands of people from town; so who does he want to get a job for the board?

Bob O' Malley

Sounds like a nice guy, but I don't know much about him to comment. Hopefully, he will get his message out so people can make a responsible decision regarding where he stands.

Supporting fathers? What the hell? All the people on the BOE are supporting parents. What makes these three gentlemen any different?

Guest Shrek Lives

So let me get this straight ( Ha Ha Ha) two of the three candidates running are running so that they can create a Police State at the KBOE? The Police State would be created and run by an overpayed security guard and an overpriced security guard who will be using their personal positions to track you down?

I didn't know a security guard could do all that. They can even write you parking tickets?

Then the pissed off electrician will put bolts of electricity through your body?

Is there anybody out there??

You seem to have a low self esteem issue going on coupled with a major persecution complex. That must be the secret police doctors analyzing me.

If you come out of your cave long enough then you might realize that tough enough does not have to mean a fist fight. We are sure you are uglier and tougher than Shrek but please understand its not all about you.

The only boogeyman knocking at your door is the one in your delusional mind from whatever mind altering drug your on.

Now go to your room.

Guest WHO CARES

Lets set aside how fooloish this post is for one second.

If you were to take this at face value as true SO WHAT.

Other than the statement that none of them care about the kids where's the problem?

Whoever you are you have no doubt been upset by the poll numbers?

It isn't the real election so RELAX.

You can POP your cork on April 21.

Guest Just another LOSER

What a class person we have here and so articulate in the presentation. Pimping the Cambell ticket? Not the Cambell and Munro are cousins BS again. Pissed about no hockey team at KHS? Pissed about the middle school concept ( Who isn't )? Arrogant rich guy?

BUY a seat on an unpaid board? Pissed about not getting a job from the BOE?

So we have pimping, special favors, pissed, arrogant, rich, and pissed again.

Anger management issues abound. Shame about the maturity level but to be expected of a moron.

Guest Witless Satire

Do the math genus that's only 4 of 5 votes. There are 9 members on The BOE you can't turn The BOE into a Police State without the votes. Not surprised that you are in no position to rate others based on your dumb attempts at trying to justify your rant on this post.

The timing is interesting on your post. All the claims you make are at least 2-3 probably more years old by the sounds of it and only after a poll comes out do you decide to FREAK OUT?

You are either hung over or really good at keeping things in to have waited this long to erupt. Valum ???

Go watch 24 again, Jack Baur doesn't live in Kearny. Perhaps I am wrong because you are " so tough and mean" I hope someone will protect me from you, now that's priceless.

Your statement indicates that Kearny Police Officers are nothing more than overpaid security guards?

A person that owns a multi-million dollar security guard company is an overpriced security guard?

Another person that owns his own electrical company is an overpriced electrical contractor?

Let me guess you are unemployed?

Jealousy and a mind are a terrible thing to waste.

Guest Guest
George King

First off it is a hockey club, not a team. He is a parent of a club member; just like all other parents when their child joins a club. He is not a coach! So what if he is deputy chief. That has nothing to do with his qualifications to be a BOE member. I commend him for the work he does for our town, but he gets compensated quite well.

John Munro

Very generous man, from what I understand. Only problem, he only supports one side of town. Has employed thousands of people from town; so who does he want to get a job for the board?

Bob O' Malley

Sounds like a nice guy, but I don't know much about him to comment. Hopefully, he will get his message out so people can make a responsible decision regarding where he stands.

Supporting fathers? What the hell? All the people on the BOE are supporting parents. What makes these three gentlemen any different?

What makes these three gentleman different is that they are different from the current three BOE incumbents. The three incumbents have already gotten jobs for their relatives and friends, the three incumbents have already used their postions to further their own needs and not the needs of our children or our town. George King, John Munro and Robert O'Malley don't need to get anyone jobs. If you think for one minute that someone is going to run for the BOE to get someone else a job, because they are mad at not getting a job or that they want more plating time for their soccer team then I have a bridge for you.

Qualifications is a good starting point. Let me ask you do you like the fox watching the hen house. What qualifications do the current BOE members have? Bernadette is an educator, Alan is an educator and no one seems to know anything about Sgalia ( Odd).

I would rather have two successful businessmen and an executive deputy cheif who runs budgets for the police ( Business) than educators running the business called the BOE. Everyone is under the false conception that you need someone with an education background on the BOE. I disagree. The BOE should and needs to be run like a business.

The current three including Bernadette who runs the show have done nothing but rubber stamp anything Degesere proposes. Example: Just because Degesere makes a pomise to teachers that there will be no lay offs doesn't mean the BOE has to just agree. Just because Degesere says the town needs a middle school doesn't mean we do. Just because Degesere says taking over Franklin School is the only way to accomplish this doesn't mean it is. There are many options to the problems we face and we need to explore them all.

The current BOE is just going with the flow. Ask the tough questions and look for alternatives.

George King is qualified more so than any of three incumbents.

John Munro cares about the kids no matter what side of town they are from. Munro grew up in ,"that end of town" and has family and friends who live there. That is a false staement that he doesn't care.

Robert O'Malley his message is the same as the guys he is running with.

Their message is and continues to be about the kids. All the kids in the entire town.

Guest Guest
George King

John Munro

Bob O' Malley

George King from what I know is a well repected high ranking police officer in this town. I know he wants to help the kids in this town.

John Munro is very generous to schools, recreation and other causes that are felt in the entire town.

All this nonsense that he doesn't care about the other end of town is just that. With his wealth and influence he doesn't need a BOE seat to get someone a job that's just silly. I know for sure no one is telling him what to do or how to vote on issues. I know he wants to help the kids in this town.

Bob O'Malley wants to help the kids of this town. Nothing else matters.

Guest Loyal Secretary
Not a board member, just punching more holes into a post that already looks like swiss cheese. The problem here is that anyone with a limited knowledge of how the boe works can post anything their little imaginations come up with while bringing their biased opinions with them as proof. Opinions are one thing, but accurate information is a whole different animal. It's unfortunate that readers with NO knowledge of the truth can be persuaded to believe the worst of anything they read. Most of this crap can't pass the smell test. I'm sorry I responded the first time. I won't make that mistake again.

Be careful GL, loyalty lasts only as long as your buddies are on the board.

Guest Joe Friday

Facts, nothing but facts................right. Keep telling yourself that and you might start to believe it.

There is only (1) item you mention which is fact:

1- If you are a current BOE member you get family and friends jobs.... quite possibly yours.

Now I can state a fact....... You CAN NOT back up any of the other statements you made. FACT!

This is America and freedom of speech is wonderful, but lying and defamation of character is ILLEGAL.

Your "ball less" rant will just convince voters further that the existing side show must go. Your loyalty towards the people that gave you a job must be commended.

KING, MUNRO, O'MALLEY ==== 1A, 3A, 6A

Readers of this forum have to know there is no "dirt" on these guys, so the mud which will start to fly by the loyal following of the ego maniacs will have no substance.

These (3) guys have to be the best candidates in recent times to run for the BOE. As they say "build it and they will come".... "elect them and more will come".

Guest Guest
What makes these three gentleman different is that they are different from the current three BOE incumbents. The three incumbents have already gotten jobs for their relatives and friends, the three incumbents have already used their postions to further their own needs and not the needs of our children or our town. George King, John Munro and Robert O'Malley don't need to get anyone jobs. If you think for one minute that someone is going to run for the BOE to get someone else a job, because they are mad at not getting a job or that they want more plating time for their soccer team then I have a bridge for you.

Qualifications is a good starting point. Let me ask you do you like the fox watching the hen house. What qualifications do the current BOE members have? Bernadette is an educator, Alan is an educator and no one seems to know anything about Sgalia ( Odd).

I would rather have two successful businessmen and an executive deputy cheif who runs budgets for the police ( Business) than educators running the business called the BOE. Everyone is under the false conception that you need someone with an education background on the BOE. I disagree. The BOE should and needs to be run like a business.

The current three including Bernadette who runs the show have done nothing but rubber stamp anything Degesere proposes. Example: Just because Degesere makes a pomise to teachers that there will be no lay offs doesn't mean the BOE has to just agree. Just because Degesere says the town needs a middle school doesn't mean we do. Just because Degesere says taking over Franklin School is the only way to accomplish this doesn't mean it is. There are many options to the problems we face and we need to explore them all.

The current BOE is just going with the flow. Ask the tough questions and look for alternatives.

George King is qualified more so than any of three incumbents.

John Munro cares about the kids no matter what side of town they are from. Munro grew up in ,"that end of town" and has family and friends who live there. That is a false staement that he doesn't care.

Robert O'Malley his message is the same as the guys he is running with.

Their message is and continues to be about the kids. All the kids in the entire town.

Wasn't King's father a Deputy Cheif in the Kearny Police Dept. When King was hired as a police officer in the Kearny Police Dept. ? No jobs for family or friends?

Bottom line is that everyone in Kearny is related to someone somehow, somewhere. Anyone can be acused of being related to someone, not just the BOE members that you you are trying to trash and have an axe to grind with.

Guest KPDpipes
Wasn't King's father a Deputy Cheif in the Kearny Police Dept. When King was hired as a police officer in the Kearny Police Dept. ? No jobs for family or friends?

Bottom line is that everyone in Kearny is related to someone somehow, somewhere. Anyone can be acused of being related to someone, not just the BOE members that you you are trying to trash and have an axe to grind with.

Nonsense. Kearny is, was, and HAS BEEN Civil Service for decades. You get hired from where you come out on the List, you get PROMOTED from where you come out on the list..pure and simple. If that was the case, George King would never have been demoted from Acting/Provisional sergeant when the man he replaced was on Active Duty during the first Gulf War and it's Aftermath. That Did NOT happen, the Deployed Individual returned, and george went back to beign a Patrolman, until the next opening came up, and he was promoted off of the list. You want to go after the Issues, that's fine..but leave the PD OUT OF IT.

Guest Guest

Your point is that it is acceptable and expected to get someone you are related to or friends with a job on the BOE if you are elected to the BOE? This has to be a board member?

We are not trashing the current BOE members running for re-election we are just pointing out how they have betrayed the public trust and been turned into rubber stamps with no consideration of the taxpayers and parents in Kearny. While that behavior may be acceptable to you, Bernadette, Alan and Joe it is not acceptable to King, Munro & O'Malley.

That is exactly why we all want the new ticket to win because the old buzzards have abused the taxpayers trust and broken the oath of office to serve the people not your own self intrest.

Guest CIA Watching
So let me get this straight ( Ha Ha Ha) two of the three candidates running are running so that they can create a Police State at the KBOE? The Police State would be created and run by an overpayed security guard and an overpriced security guard who will be using their personal positions to track you down?

I didn't know a security guard could do all that. They can even write you parking tickets?

Then the pissed off electrician will put bolts of electricity through your body?

Is there anybody out there??

You seem to have a low self esteem issue going on coupled with a major persecution complex. That must be the secret police doctors analyzing me.

If you come out of your cave long enough then you might realize that tough enough does not have to mean a fist fight. We are sure you are uglier and tougher than Shrek but please understand its not all about you.

The only boogeyman knocking at your door is the one in your delusional mind from whatever mind altering drug your on.

Now go to your room.

Now this is a great post. Can the person who wrote this really be that paranoid?

Guest Thank you KPD

The Kearny Police Department are all security guards according to this post.

I am going to make sure I listen to an idiot who has bad things to say about the Men and Women who wear a badge and lay their lives on the line every day for our safety and security.

Freedom of speech does not constitute freedom to be an a-hole.

Next time you need a cop call Bernadette, my bad , I mean next time you need a janitors job just call Bernadette.