BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest Guest

Well, Since this is a public forum and people are calling each other out in regards to this election and improprieties that may have occured why don't our elected officials respond? One has had the guts to speak up to defend herself and while we may not all agree with her, she must get points for addressing the people that visit this site, do the rest and I mean incumbents and prospective canidates do they have the courage to address this forum on these issues? Just to let you know this thread has had almost 3000 views. I could be wrong but that might be more people that voted in the last school board election! Which is sad and should be addressed in another thread. What do the canidates say???

Guest Blah Blah Cambell
As a taxpayer and parent, I am concerned with all of the scandals. However, as far as I can tell, the laptop scandal was handled. The Disney scandal is old news but even that was handled. The soccer coach scandal really isn't a scandal just yet. The JM crew will have to work a little harder and have to cry a little louder to give the impression that a scandal exists.

I want to know about the KHS jacket scandal. It involves a coach, a KBOE member and a "borrowed" football jacket. John Campbell, an elected KBOE member, went on public record at multiple KBOE meetings DENYING he did any wrongdoing only to find out a few weeks later that a secret audio tape existed. Then things got crazy and Mr. Campbell got REALLY nervous. The tape, which was allegedly made by the coach who was afraid of Mr. Campbell and afraid for his job, appears to contradict Mr Campbell's statement on public record. I don't think there's enough kool aid in the world to suppress this firestorm about to occur. Mr Campbell and friends are afraid if this tape was ever made public, it would expose his lack of integrity and his outright lies. It would expose GK, JM and OM to credibility issues. They should not have Mr Campbell as their campaign manager. It is truely sad but it is all down hill from here.

You are concerned with all the scandals but the one that matters most to you is a "borrowed" jacket?? I can see you are of a very high moral upbringing. Are you the first person to get a medical marijuana script?

I would like to know what your interpretation of " handled" is?

You are right about the cool aid but the kind your drinking must have some good stuff in it.

The only firestorm in the making is the election results. When the queen is gone the records and facts will come pouring out and The FBI can look at that while they figure out what happened to the missing book money. Once again the paranoid allies of the incumbents try to revert back to GK, JM and BOM ( Not OM, smoke another one) being tied to John Cambell and the " borrowed jacket" talk about work a little harder and cry a little louder.

Guest Guest
You must be a parent from the Roosevelt School area. Only they can cry this loud.

Guess what genious where do you think AD, BMcD and I think JS come from??

I see you are up to date on all the issues and facts.

Guest Very Educational
Is he Hitlers grandson or something??? No, I don't think so. I would say he is probably first cousins with the Jersey Devil at most.

Both have beady little eyes. Both have horns coming out of their heads. Both have long, pointed tails. And neither one is too bright. See the resemblence???

How is the heat in your trailor park?

Guest Love John Cambell
Is he Hitlers grandson or something??? No, I don't think so. I would say he is probably first cousins with the Jersey Devil at most.

Both have beady little eyes. Both have horns coming out of their heads. Both have long, pointed tails. And neither one is too bright. See the resemblence???

The Devbil comes in many forms, LOOK IN THE MIRROR

John Cambell for new KBOE President

Guest Bye Bye
As a taxpayer and parent, I am concerned with all of the scandals. However, as far as I can tell, the laptop scandal was handled. The Disney scandal is old news but even that was handled. The soccer coach scandal really isn't a scandal just yet. The JM crew will have to work a little harder and have to cry a little louder to give the impression that a scandal exists.

I want to know about the KHS jacket scandal. It involves a coach, a KBOE member and a "borrowed" football jacket. John Campbell, an elected KBOE member, went on public record at multiple KBOE meetings DENYING he did any wrongdoing only to find out a few weeks later that a secret audio tape existed. Then things got crazy and Mr. Campbell got REALLY nervous. The tape, which was allegedly made by the coach who was afraid of Mr. Campbell and afraid for his job, appears to contradict Mr Campbell's statement on public record. I don't think there's enough kool aid in the world to suppress this firestorm about to occur. Mr Campbell and friends are afraid if this tape was ever made public, it would expose his lack of integrity and his outright lies. It would expose GK, JM and OM to credibility issues. They should not have Mr Campbell as their campaign manager. It is truely sad but it is all down hill from here.

As far as you can tell ??? Very reassuring. Is this BMcD?

Guest John Cambell

Here is the story of " The Jacket scandal". John Cambell was at a football game standing next to an on duty Kearny Police Officer and it started to rain. The Police Officer offered JC an extra jacket he had in his car parked on the street. One of the coaches was standing there an offered a jacket to JC. The jacket was Ritchie Howells. While watching the game John Millar asked JC to get PC ( KBOE) out of the stadium.

JC did as he was asked. Now you have the REAL story.

CAN WE MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER SCANDALS NOW??????????????????????????????????????

Guest Keep Trying Not Working

The old John Cambell is GK, JM and BOM campaign manager is redundent and not getting any traction.

If that's the the best you can do and the message of the incumbents it is weak and sad. Just for the record your point is " The Jacket" issues involving JC that occured how long ago exposes the credibility of GK, JM and BOM ?? If the jacket was stolen why hasn't JC been charged with a crime?

Try some new propaganda .

Guest Guest
Well, Since this is a public forum and people are calling each other out in regards to this election and improprieties that may have occured why don't our elected officials respond? One has had the guts to speak up to defend herself and while we may not all agree with her, she must get points for addressing the people that visit this site, do the rest and I mean incumbents and prospective canidates do they have the courage to address this forum on these issues? Just to let you know this thread has had almost 3000 views. I could be wrong but that might be more people that voted in the last school board election! Which is sad and should be addressed in another thread. What do the canidates say???

Good question. Perhaps the candidiates don't visit this site? How do you even know that the names listed are really the people being written about? Is there ways to contact them to tell them to come onto the site?

Guest Proud Roosevelt
You must be a parent from the Roosevelt School area. Only they can cry this loud.

Are you from South Kearny? I mean South of Midland Ave. Kearny. :-P

Guest George Clooney

And your George Clooney? I don't mean the actor I mean the former boxer.

Guest Sad but True
Are u kidding? These people will NEVER police themselves. What is going on is a JOKE.

Whether you like him or not, John Leadbeater came up with a good idea. He organized a few functions and got people OUT to vote. We DESPARATELY need that with this very BOE election. GK is a great start and will instantly bring credibility back to this board.

WE NEED ACTION. Organize and get people out to vote. 20 votes in a BOE election is HUGE. Show up at the BOE meetings, make these disasters accountable. I mean, current BOE member JC (KOTW, why do we have to use initials for elected officials?) voted to discipline KHS football players for stealing when in fact he himself had stolen a coach's jacket. BOE member PC came completely intoxicated to another game. So while we are disciplining students nothing was done about the flagrant behavior of the BOE members.

So now GET THESE 3 NEW CANDIDATES ON THE BOE. Make a difference. Add 3 more new ones next year and the tax=payers can regain control of the Board and start making changes. We do not need all these VP's in the High School. We do not need Assistant Supts. Come on now. Stop the insanity! If anything get us more teachers! There should be a hockey team. Why do Kearny Students who like hockey have to go to St Peter's? We are a Group 4 School damnit! One of the things a big public should at the very least have is options!

You are 100% correct. McDonalds Gang will never fess up to all their crooked and underhanded doings.

What the hell happened to our Marching Band? That is also a disgrace now. Has ANYTHING improved at the High School in the past 4 years? Can anybody name ONE THING that has improved?

Here is another GREAT question. We as parents were told that we needed the school uniforms in the High School for security purposes. But periodically, there are "dress down" days in which the students can "buy" (can u f'n believe that?) the opportunity to NOT wear the uniform and wear whatever they want. So let me get this straight, explain it to me like I am a 5 year old. On those days is the security of our students less important? If you have $5 you can be unsafe? Why the contradiction people? I am sure the double-talking, inconsistent, BS filled KHS administration will come up with some lame excuse why this is so, after all these kiss a$$e$ are best at playing politics with the BOE.

GK and his ticket should organize a function that voters can come, and create a plan where we MAKE SURE we get the public out to vote some integrity back onto the BOE. The time is NOW.

PS; And this is accurate, KOTW at least gives a venue where we can voice opinions WITHOUT concern over repercussions against our children, which most definitely happens. A+That is for another thread

Wonderful post. The McDonald run KBOE will never do the right thing.

WE HAVE TO DO IT FOR THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE THEM OUT

Guest Say What?

What do you want the candidates to say? The only dialog going on here is between two feuding soccer groups and their association with BMcD. The only real substance here is whatever the people writing this stuff are smoking or drinking while typing. Why on earth would the candidates want to get caught up in this crap? This is the exact reason why there needs to be change!!!!

Guest McDonald's Follies
The old John Cambell is GK, JM and BOM campaign manager is redundent and not getting any traction.

If that's the the best you can do and the message of the incumbents it is weak and sad. Just for the record your point is " The Jacket" issues involving JC that occured how long ago exposes the credibility of GK, JM and BOM ?? If the jacket was stolen why hasn't JC been charged with a crime?

Try some new propaganda .

When you have nothing of merit you have to try using the same old nonsense. John Cambell said this and John Cambell said that? I have face to face asked all three cnadidiates GK, JM and BOM if John Cambell is running their campaign, donating to their campagin or advising their campaign and all three said NO ! Good enough for me.

If there is any real problems with any candidate lets get them out, this John Cambell Boogie Man thing is just Horse s--t.

Guest What about me!
Guess what genious where do you think AD, BMcD and I think JS come from??

I see you are up to date on all the issues and facts.

Don't forget Dave S.

Guest Guest
Does anyone have any idea who is going to be running for BOE?

KING

MUNRO

O'MALLEY

For the KIDS

For the Taxpayers

For The Town of Kearny

FOR GOD'S SAKE LETS GET THEM ELECTED AND STOP THIS RUN AWAY TRAIN.

I wouldn't want to comment on the nonsense written here, but when I am referred to in a post, I feel I must set the record straight. I NEVER made a statement at a BOE meeting that I didn't care about the cost of legal fees. Please post the minutes from the meeting you are referring.

If you would'nt want to comment on the nonsense written here then why did you?? To set the record straight or to just try and defend your wasteful spending?

Don't worry when you are up for re-election you will be sitting with the three incumbent losers from this election.

Guest Guest
Well maybe if Kearny did something about illegal apartments, then class size would be smaller. On my street alone there are over 10 kids living in illegal apartments.

Have YOU reported those illegal apartments? The schools require proof of residency, they are not equipped nor are they able to determine whether or not that residence is a legal apartment.

If you aren't reporting these illegal apartments then you are part of the problem - not the solution.

Guest Guest

Convicts? They were convicted?

And the BOE didn't let them back, a Federal Judge ruled they must be taken back. Please know your facts!

BTW -- these are 2 good kis, caught up in the politics of this BOE. The current KHS administration and BOE just flat out stink! Our school has become nothing but a rumour mill and catastrophe.

Are you serious????? Laptop Scandal taken care of?!?

If you think that letting your convicts back into School, to help the wrestling team!! FYI. One is not Wrestling due to a recent ******. I mean what is happening to them? Anyone Know?? PR is more worried about the GOOD kids who forget there I.D. or the kid whose phone was out. That is a Suspension now. But let the convicts back because they are good wrestlers. And the only good thing coming out of them being back, they will graduate and get full rides to schools far away. Thank god

Guest Guest

Actually the topic of these 2 students accused of taking laptops illustrates exactly what we are saying. These 2 boys are 2 of the best athletes Kearny has seen in a long time. And now, they have had scholarships taken away and more. Another great athlete to come from Kearny was also kicked out of school and currently is 18 years old, working at Foodtown and has a kid. Boy, Kearny High really helped him! Never ever saw the baseball field at Kearny. There was an awesome kicker/punter/tackle who never played a down of football. Another kid who played a few games and scored a few TD's was also kicked out of school. The list goes on and on.

Now, who is at fault? Are ALL these kids bad? What is Kearny the breeding ground for the dredge of society? How come everyone knows of these issues, where is the privacy?

Who is responsible for these failures?

Also, how come the daughter of the ******* ******** ** *** *** was brought home intoxicated by the police and that was never made public?

How come there is not things in place at the High School to help rehabilitate problem kids and allow them to realize their potential, whatever that may be? Why don't we hear about these student problems at other High Schools?

Here is my theory. I like the poster who incuded the city-data site. Showing Kearny has the Highest suspension rate in the entire state is telling. Further review shows that the suspensions are relegated primarily to minority students. I feel the VP PR is just justifying his 6 digit income. I find no other HS in the state that has a VP in charge of Discipline and attendence. How do we just make this stuff up? Kearny obviously is not a safer school for this position, as we see fights and alcohol and drugs at the school all the time. Why do we also have a VP in charge of athletics? John Millar makes more than Rich Hanson at St Peter's, and Hanson has gotten 10 times more kids into colleges than John Millar. How is this guy making so much money, is this a reward for all the success he brought the soccer program? Because athletics certainly have gotten worse under his stewardship.

The school hierarchy needs to be restructured. There is no reason for all this waste, and I could understand it if kids were flourishing and we saw results that were concrete and worked. We dont see that. Make changes, get a new Board in there, get out and vote Kearny.

Guest Question
Have YOU reported those illegal apartments? The schools require proof of residency, they are not equipped nor are they able to determine whether or not that residence is a legal apartment.

If you aren't reporting these illegal apartments then you are part of the problem - not the solution.

What do you call "proof" of residency? A mere statement by the landlord that the person lives there? That doesn't work, and everyone knows that.

Guest Guest
What do you call "proof" of residency? A mere statement by the landlord that the person lives there? That doesn't work, and everyone knows that.

They need more than that - copies of bills sent to that address, driver's license (or other ID) showing that address. AND they BOE can only do what they can do legally. They are not KPD, INS, FBI, CIA.....