BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest kard4life
Here is a couple of great questions. I'll preface it with some common knowledge.

Over half our property taxes go towards the public education system here in Kearny. The Town of Kearny has done a lot of streamlining in an effort to lower taxes. Whether you agree or disagree with Santos or D'Arco (I personally do NOT like either), at least they have done a decent job of keeping down taxes on their end.

OK here are my questions. We would LOVE honest answers that leave out politics. For the purposes of this post we will relegate it to the High School.

Why are there 4 (YES FOUR) vice principals? Back in the days when I went to Kearny High there was ONE> The AD back in the day made somewheres around $60K. Now the A.D. is a VICE PRINCIPAL and makes $150,000!!!!!! Are you kidding me? and he is doing a mediocre job at best, some would even say horrible. Sports in Kearny are at an all time low, and participation is down at least 50%. The basketball team is a complete JOKE. Baseball has serious problems, The football team has regressed and a great coach had to leave due to the fact he got ZERO support and found out he was even being sabotaged. No sport has won any state championship, the best is the Bowling team won a sectional. The band, a Kearny staple for years, has numbers at 1/3 of what they used to be.

Speaking of bands, what is with the Music teacher being elevated to V.P. of Discipline, making $150,000? Mr Kirk was a much better disciplinarian, and didn't go out of his way to hurt kids. Kearny has the highest suspensin rate in the entire state, 4 times above the STATE AVERAGE. So we now have an attendence V.P.? Is this necessary? If u streamlined these 2 positions alone u would save a lot of taxpayer burden.

There are other things to streamline the High School without reducing the quality of education one bit. Too many secretaries in the athletic office, and there are enormous amounts of foul-ups anyway. There are paid hall monitors that could be covered by teachers on their breaks. hhhmmmm we couldn't do that because then they would have to let go relatives of current BOE members.

While tax payers are asked to tighten up our budgets, the BOE continues to spend in an undisciplined manner. They pay so much in legal defenses unnecessarily. The new Superintendent is just a political puppet who will have no real impact in the quality of education increasing.

I say there MUST be changes that will make sense and save money. We need to have a team come together and run for the BOE who will make a difference immediately and get rid of the Good Ole' boy network. NOW IS THE TIME.

Guest kard4life
No sport has won any state championship, the best is the Bowling team won a sectional.

There are paid hall monitors that could be covered by teachers on their breaks. hhhmmmm we couldn't do that because then they would have to let go relatives of current BOE members.

Why do you diminish the success of the Bowling team? They won a State Sectional just like any other team. They should be appreciated and congratulated for their success. The way that you phrased that was EXTREMELY poor.

And your second point...teachers do not get breaks....

Guest No Respect
First off I was at the meeting when the BOE was approached by GK to start a hockey team. The kids NEVER spoke. BM did laugh, but not at that. She was apparently discussing something with GS prior to GK speaking and that is what took place. GK is running for a hockey team. The BM ticket is running for the townspeople!

There "lies" the problems. GS and BM! The way meetings are ran are a disgrace.They are above everyone else and give the public no respect. How about Ginny eating sandwiches while Joe M was talking at the last meeting? By the way GS should be leaving soon, her house is for sale and spends most of time in South Jersey. When positions need to be filled, GS and BM decide by themselves who "THEY" want to get a job!

Guest NOAGENDS
Why do you diminish the success of the Bowling team? They won a State Sectional just like any other team. They should be appreciated and congratulated for their success. The way that you phrased that was EXTREMELY poor.

And your second point...teachers do not get breaks....

I agree 100% you have to support the kids no matter the sport. The pride that used to be Kearny sports seems gone. God Bless the kids no matter the sport.

First off I was at the meeting when the BOE was approached by GK to start a hockey team. The kids NEVER spoke. BM did laugh, but not at that. She was apparently discussing something with GS prior to GK speaking and that is what took place. GK is running for a hockey team. The BM ticket is running for the townspeople!

You are obviously someone who owes BMcD and her gang of theives a return favor. Did you or your husband get a job as a janitor? Most likely.

" She was apparently" is that your idea of a fact? Tell BMcD to write her own propaganda and own it.

The sheer number of posts that show her ignorance and corruption are proof of her inability to be a true or honest BOE member.

She has been the BOE President for how long? TOO LONG What do we have to show for her leadership?

NOTHING

She sends her kid out of Kearny for an education and thinks we care about her opinions and backroom deals. GK is running for BOE and will be there April 21st. True leadership at last.

I heard Leadbeater took out 3 petitions yesterday

I heard Leadbeater is Cambells cousin also????

Anyone but the incumbents is a positive. BM ticket is a rouges gallery of self intrest and lies.

The people you indicated as running for the BOE are not part of John Campells team or ticket!!!

They are concerend parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids and will evaluate all issues on theire merits not biased opinions or agendas.

Come on ,do you realy expect anyone to beleive that. What ,the same old people. REALY NOW!!!!

... There are paid hall monitors that could be covered by teachers on their breaks. hhhmmmm we couldn't do that because then they would have to let go relatives of current BOE members.

While tax payers are asked to tighten up our budgets, the BOE continues to spend in an undisciplined manner. They pay so much in legal defenses unnecessarily. The new Superintendent is just a political puppet who will have no real impact in the quality of education increasing.

I say there MUST be changes that will make sense and save money. We need to have a team come together and run for the BOE who will make a difference immediately and get rid of the Good Ole' boy network. NOW IS THE TIME.

I don't know about the other issues you have, but, every teacher is guaranteed 1 prep period free of pupil contact, so you can't take away a prep to give hall duty. If you did, you'd have to pay around $34/prep instead of the $10 or so that the hall monitors receive (without benefits or paid time off.) The monitors are a bargain.

For the rest of the day, I'd rather have a teacher teaching a class rather than checking hall passes.

You are obviously someone who owes BMcD and her gang of theives a return favor. Did you or your husband get a job as a janitor? Most likely.

" She was apparently" is that your idea of a fact? Tell BMcD to write her own propaganda and own it.

The sheer number of posts that show her ignorance and corruption are proof of her inability to be a true or honest BOE member.

She has been the BOE President for how long? TOO LONG What do we have to show for her leadership?

NOTHING

She sends her kid out of Kearny for an education and thinks we care about her opinions and backroom deals. GK is running for BOE and will be there April 21st. True leadership at last.

I do not owe BM anything! Nobody in my family works for the school district or wants to work for the school district. I do know that BM has VOLUNTEERED her time all this years for the school district and because a hockey team isn't formed at the drop of a hat when GK brought it to the board, she is being badmouthed? This is ridiculous. The BOE told GK they would look into it and a Ice Hockey Club was formed. As far as her leadership, she worked out all the deals with the unions and has also brought the board together to work on education, construction and personnel, all while keeping the tax increase at 0% for the past 3 years.

Oh and by the way, her daughter goes to KHS.

Guest KEARNY TAXPAYER
Come on ,do you realy expect anyone to beleive that. What ,the same old people. REALY NOW!!!!

ANYONE WITH A BRAIN WILLL BELEIVE IT. I DARE YOU TO PROVE JM IS COUSINS WITH JOHN CAMBELL.

IF YOU KNOW JM OR ANYTHING ABOUT HIM YOU CAN BET EVERYTHING YOU OWN THAT NO ONE IS TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO OR SAY. HE RUNS AND OWNS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR SECURITY AND INVESTIGATION COMPANY FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND YOU THINK SOMEONE LIKE JOHN CAMBELL CAN TELL HIM WHAT TO DO OR THINK. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

JM SPONSORS AND COACHES A NUMBER OF RECREATION, SOCCER, SOFTBALL, HOCKET. WRESTLING ETC. AND SELECT SOCCER TEAMS AND ALSO CONTRIBUTES TO THE KPD/KFD AND ALMOST EVERY CHARITY IN THIS TOWN.

LETS SEE DO I WANT A MAN THAT RUNS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY FOR OVER 20 YEARS OR THE IDIOTS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON THE BOE? NO GRAY AREA THERE. GIVE ME JM, GK AND BOM ANYDAY.

The people you indicated as running for the BOE are not part of John Campells team or ticket!!!

They are concerend parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids and will evaluate all issues on theire merits not biased opinions or agendas.

"Concerned parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids"

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

JM Running because he doesn't want his kids to have to go to a Middle School on "That" side of town with "Those" kids. Thinks that his arrogance and money can buy him a seat on the BOE.

GK Out to get people back because of the Hockey Team incident. Always angry about something.

JO Pissed because he didn't get the assistant facilities position.

OH I FORGOT IT'S ABOUT KIDS

"Concerned parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids"

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

JM Running because he doesn't want his kids to have to go to a Middle School on "That" side of town with "Those" kids. Thinks that his arrogance and money can buy him a seat on the BOE.

GK Out to get people back because of the Hockey Team incident. Always angry about something.

Who is running?

Guest Facts not BS

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

You got it all figured out, but don't even know the names of the candidates!

Statement 1- It is quite the possibility that this so called middle school may not even be an issue for the current candidates because it is only TALK right now and years away from implementing. JM is no different than any other parent/taxpayer..... tired of what he has been seeing!!!

Statement 2- If GK is to get anything back its to restore dignity to the board instead of the ignorance that exists now. A hockey team is not what GK is running for, that issue only brought to light the lack of respect the board has for people and especially kids! Change is needed..... and NOW!

Statement 3- (JO ???) Make statements about people and don't know their names..... real credible!!!! RO owns and operates his own business for over 20 years here in Kearny, sponsors teams in Kearny, coaches numerous teams in Kearny, donates to school projects in Kearny. By the way, he was recruited from within for the position, but than POLITICS, as always played out and now the TAXPAYERS once again get hurt because a grass cutter was hired to oversee millions of dollars of TAXPAYERS money in the buildings/grounds/construction division of the BOE, which RO (or do you mean JO) has over 28 years of expertise in. Enough is enough!

GK, JM & RO, the time is now to make the RIGHT choice! NO more business as usual.

Guest Sick of current BOE

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

If in fact that's JM's position about not having his child go to a middle school across town " With those kids" that statement is such a blatant lie and desperate attempt by someone to try and cast a negative light on a good person is being sprouted by the usual un named email tough guy or girl.

If JM does stand against the middle school nightmare then he will joined and voted for by roughly 90% of all the parents in this town. Wether its kids from Franklin being transplanted or kids from Schyuler, Lincoln, Roosevelt , Garfield and Washington school being forced to travel out side their respective homes ITS A VERY BAD PLAN AND WILL NEVER FLY.

JM has a second home in that so called " That end of town" JM has relatives and friends in " That end of town" and that end of town is where he grew up. I for one will wait to hear what JM's position is on middle schools before I make judgement on him getting my vote or not.

As far as his supposed arrogance and money you obvious know nothing about him or how generous and friendly he is to the various sports and town related charitites as well as friends and strangers who have suffered lose of loved ones or can't pay their rent or heating bills, the arrogant guy you try to slander is always first inline to help those people out.

You will never find a more kind hearted generous person than JM

JM doesn't need to buy a seat on the BOE all the Kearny residents who know him from every part of this town and he knows them all will vote him in because they know he is a voice of reason and not indebted to anyone. JM went to Franklin, Washington, Schyler, Lincon and Gardield school during his life long time living in Kearny. JM is a KHS graduate who has made a great life for him and his family, your jealousy for his success and honorable traits is apparent and petty. A rags to richs local Kearny man who constantly gives back to his community and doesn't forget where he comes from in my opion is a fresh breath of air and I know of hundreds of other Kearny residents who feel exactly the same way about JM.

Welcome to the BOE JM.

GK is a ***** ***** of Police in Kearny who like JM is respected and thought highly of in this town. GK is not runnign for a hockey team he is running to change the business as usual BOE that only cares about jobs for their friends and family.

BoM is a business man who also is willing to give up his financial compensation to change the BMcD, AD and who ever the other guy is (JS) that is so transparent he may not have even been at BOE meetings becuase no one knows of one thing he has done. Not one.

Bottom line you can try to lie, distort, and insult the JM/GK/BOM ticket but when they are elected July 20th the Town of Kearny will have a bright future with solid men who care only about the kids and will save the Mothers and Fathers of this town from you and your gang of thieves.

Go crawl back into your little key borad hole and stop wasting our time with your baseless accusations and insults.

Of course you forgot its all about THE KIDS you are a BMcD , AD and JS hack who just rants and raves about everything but the TRUTH.

Guest SAD SLANDER AND DESPERATE
I do not owe BM anything! Nobody in my family works for the school district or wants to work for the school district. I do know that BM has VOLUNTEERED her time all this years for the school district and because a hockey team isn't formed at the drop of a hat when GK brought it to the board, she is being badmouthed? This is ridiculous. The BOE told GK they would look into it and a Ice Hockey Club was formed. As far as her leadership, she worked out all the deals with the unions and has also brought the board together to work on education, construction and personnel, all while keeping the tax increase at 0% for the past 3 years.

Oh and by the way, her daughter goes to KHS.

I think you are not telling the truth about not owing BMcD a pay back for a job for you or your husband. As a matter of fact you sound like FH She worked out deals with the unions alright we will reap the rewards of that on our next tax bill. She formed a Hockey team because she needed to repair her SHREK Persona for layghing at the kids. You are just a little cool aid drinking hack for the current mess that is called the BOE.

It is the only way to explain your ignorant attack on people of honor and accomplishment. Jealous much?

Her son goes to Prep and her daughter would be also if she were a boy. So BMcD is 50-50 on her opinon about a Kearny High school education????? for her kids? Not good enough for her son but we will just throw the daughter into the mix and use her power on the BOE to get her daughter on KHS Cheerleading and then KHS Soccer even though she wasn't good enough to make either team. Well half isn't good enough for me or the other tax payers in Kearny who watch BMcD give out crazy salries and raises to Principals/teachers and administrators because King Degeser COMMANDS.

One last thing GS better resign ASAP from the BOE because she is not a town resident and uses her mothers address. Time for an independent look at her residency requirements. Get ready for the official investigation Genny.

INDEPENDENT FREE THINKING BOE VOLUNTEERS IS WHAT WE WANT NOT THE CURRENT BOE OR SHOULD I SAY RIP

Guest Grow up/ Move out
ANYONE WITH A BRAIN WILLL BELEIVE IT. I DARE YOU TO PROVE JM IS COUSINS WITH JOHN CAMBELL.

IF YOU KNOW JM OR ANYTHING ABOUT HIM YOU CAN BET EVERYTHING YOU OWN THAT NO ONE IS TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO OR SAY. HE RUNS AND OWNS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR SECURITY AND INVESTIGATION COMPANY FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND YOU THINK SOMEONE LIKE JOHN CAMBELL CAN TELL HIM WHAT TO DO OR THINK. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

JM SPONSORS AND COACHES A NUMBER OF RECREATION, SOCCER, SOFTBALL, HOCKET. WRESTLING ETC. AND SELECT SOCCER TEAMS AND ALSO CONTRIBUTES TO THE KPD/KFD AND ALMOST EVERY CHARITY IN THIS TOWN.

LETS SEE DO I WANT A MAN THAT RUNS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY FOR OVER 20 YEARS OR THE IDIOTS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON THE BOE? NO GRAY AREA THERE. GIVE ME JM, GK AND BOM ANYDAY.

Very articulate representaion of the facts.

It will be a landslide victory for JM, GK and BOM the people of Kearny are sick of all your nonsense and slanders.

Guest Guest
I think you are not telling the truth about not owing BMcD a pay back for a job for you or your husband. As a matter of fact you sound like FH She worked out deals with the unions alright we will reap the rewards of that on our next tax bill. She formed a Hockey team because she needed to repair her SHREK Persona for layghing at the kids. You are just a little cool aid drinking hack for the current mess that is called the BOE.

It is the only way to explain your ignorant attack on people of honor and accomplishment. Jealous much?

Her son goes to Prep and her daughter would be also if she were a boy. So BMcD is 50-50 on her opinon about a Kearny High school education????? for her kids? Not good enough for her son but we will just throw the daughter into the mix and use her power on the BOE to get her daughter on KHS Cheerleading and then KHS Soccer even though she wasn't good enough to make either team. Well half isn't good enough for me or the other tax payers in Kearny who watch BMcD give out crazy salries and raises to Principals/teachers and administrators because King Degeser COMMANDS.

One last thing GS better resign ASAP from the BOE because she is not a town resident and uses her mothers address. Time for an independent look at her residency requirements. Get ready for the official investigation Genny.

INDEPENDENT FREE THINKING BOE VOLUNTEERS IS WHAT WE WANT NOT THE CURRENT BOE OR SHOULD I SAY RIP

If you want to comment on the BOE members, go ahead. But to comment on their children is disgusting. If I was JM, GK or RO, I would be embarassed that someone like you was voting for me!

Guest Concerned New Comer

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

I was informed by a friend about this Kearny on the web and this is my first time ever looking at it.

My first question is why are peoples initials and not their names used? I have quite a bit more to ask all the people on this forum? Why would someone who is alledgedly arrogant and rich want to work for nothing and take all the typed abuse I see on this forum unless this JM truly cares about the kids? I read that John Cambell is currentl a BOE member and that he is the cousin of JM but when that was challanged it was never responded to so I assume that was another feeble attempt to slander this JM. I read a lot of negative things about this John Cambell ( Why is his full name and no one elses used? ) is he Hitlers grandson or something? The venom relating to this poor man is scary.

I can only assume that the person slandering this JM ( Is JM a Man or Woman?) is doing so because he/she is running against BMcD ? As an outsider looking in and reading all the prior posts JM has the right attitude and obviously the ability to be a BOE member. Why he/she would want to , other than to help the children in this town is beyond me. If he/she is arrogant and rich why not just stay out of the mudslinging and enjoy his/her money at home? It seems that JM is a very benevolent person with his wealth so that makes him a bad person? If he is rich why does he stay in Kearny? No insult to the town intended but there are nicer towns he could live in. JM obviously grew up in this town and was lucky enough to make a good living so the fact that he stays in the town he grew up in despite his money makes me think he is a loyal and honorable resident of the town. As far as buying a seat on the BOE, two things come to mind: 1st this is an unpaid position correct?, why would he want to buy a seat on an unpaid board? 2nd look at our political system and see how many millions of politicians own money goes into campagns for elected office so whats the issue?

Since the current BOE is in a shambles and seems to be nothing more than a rubber stamp for BMcD ( Is that person a Man or Woman?) and BMcD has been The BOE President for years with nothing good to show for it, BMcD should step aside and let fresh eyes look at and challange the issues .

GK ( Again is GK a man or woman?) I see that GK is a Policeman and a dedicated father who like JM is being slandered. The defensive post about the meeting where BMcD laughs at his son is so transparent that it is an insult to any sane persons intelligence. Laughing at children who try to be part of and experience the way government is run is sad and worthy of scorn. BMcD should be ashamed of herself. GK is another person who will get my vote.

In these troubled times a Policeman and a security expert on the BOE that protects out most precious things in life, OUR KIDS sounds like a GREAT thing to me.

BOM again not sure if this person is a Man or a Woman ? BOM is another family man who runs his own business. coaches and contributes to recreation teams and town events, has children in the system makes him an excellent candidate and worthy of my vote.

So in summing up my novice opinion we have JM/GK/BOM all respectable. honest, hard working parents of childeren in the Kearny school system who's main agenda is to do whats right for our kids or the othe current BOE Board who have done nothing but hire their friends and relatives is a no brainer.

I will take the Security expert, the Police Officer and the business owner every day of the week.

Guest End the madness
Who is running?

The Peoples choice is JM/GK and BOM the old and useless BOE members are Bernadette ( Give my Friends Jobs) Mc Donald, Alan ( Hire more of my daughters as teachers) Doffant and Joe ( Do nothing ) Sagalia.

Guest Get rid of the bums
Very articulate representaion of the facts.

It will be a landslide victory for JM, GK and BOM the people of Kearny are sick of all your nonsense and slanders.

Enough said. JM/GK/BOM vote April 20th and set our town free from the corruption and wasteful spending.

Guest Graham T. Matson

What the heck is going on with Kearny Schools? Personally, me and my family will be voting for any new blood onto the BOE. GK is perfect for the Board, if it is true he is running we could surely use his integrity on the BOE. I wish I could decipher who the others are, but new is good, out with the old.

There needs to be a TOTAL reorganization of our school hierarchy, starting with the KHS Administration. At first I thought it was good Digesere was coming back, but it is quickly turning into a disaster. The reigns have to be pulled in and the unnecessary spending must stop. At one meeting BOE member LS stated she did not care about the legal fees, and the Board proceeded in a wreckless manner about an issue that could have been resolved much cheaper.

As asked previously, why are there so many VP's in the High School? Having an A.D. at a Vice Principal's pay is just utterly ridiculous. Not to metion the A.D. has TWO secretaries. It's not like Kearny has such a high profile athletic program, things have been really down for years. You would think that with 2 Gym Teachers in the KHS Administration the Athletic teams would be more successful. They have gotten WORSE. Under previous Administrators like Mr Deserafino, Mr Gillespie, Mr Valanzola and most especially Mr Aulisi Sports at KHS were truly GREAT. Man, do we miss Mr Borgess in the BOE. Dr Onembo was awesome too. These guys oversaw successful athletic teams, without seeking false adulation and constantly spinning how great Kearny currently is sports-wise. Sports that used to be staples of success are now just also-ran programs or worse. The Basketball team, boys I am referring to, is a joke. The constant drama surrounding baseball is comical. Football, well, nothing needs to be said here on how bad that has gotten, and Kearny hasn't seen a good team in 60 years.

Today, these "guys" are only concerned with collecting huge paychecks on the taxpayer's dime and playing politics. There is not one stand up administrator looking out for the best interests of the students. Just a bunch of kiss-ass politicians getting paid six digits for jobs that can be done 10 times better at half the cost.

What is with this PR, V.P. of Discipline? When was this initiated? Mr Kirk did a far better job, and did it for far LESS money. How did a Music Teacher rise to this level? One shutters to think. But this is truly a waste of taxpayer money. getting paid $150,000 to take attendence? to hand out detentions? And what is becoming of these kids. Kearny has the highest suspension rate in the entire State, 3 TIMES ABOVE THE STATE AVERAGE! (See city data... http://www.city-data.com/school/kearny-high-school-nj.html) Kearny always brags about "keeping the bad element out". This is a joke. It is just a racist comment. First of all, just look at what is coming off the buses and you can see that any residency checks are just futile. There are a lot of good kids in Kearny, and some kids that do wrong things. What we do is throw kids out of school instead of working hard and rehabilitaing them. It is easy to throw them to the curb. Much harder to do some work for all that pay and mold kids, get them into colleges instead of copping out and getting them into penitentiaries.

Has there ever been accountability for all the money lost out on from the federal funds to noise-proof the school? Why has there been construction scafolding up around the school for 10 years? The Field turf field in the stadium is already shot from over-use, and Cali won't be paying for another field this time, so god knows when that will be replaced, god-forbid we spend on the kids instead of principals having second and third vacation homes.

Current BOE Members. MOST OF THEM, like PC, JC, DS, BM in particular, are ONLY on the Board for SELF INTEREST. period. They do NO good on the Board. WE NEED CHANGE! So if GK, a good guy, and others run with NEW ideas and agendas, I implore you Kearny, get out and vote, and vote these people on, WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS UP.

Guest Guest
The Peoples choice is JM/GK and BOM the old and useless BOE members are Bernadette ( Give my Friends Jobs) Mc Donald, Alan ( Hire more of my daughters as teachers) Doffant and Joe ( Do nothing ) Sagalia.

Who is JM, GK, and BOM?

Guest Ginny Santos