BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest NOTHING TO DO WITH ELEC.
No fear but Let the record show:

Mr. King was no#1 on D/C list that had no openings available. He was hired as the THIRD D/C (when we only had or needed TWO) by appointment of the mayor and Town Council who created his position to control OT in the PD. See how well that worked out.

Mr. Munro has family member that is a part-time employee. He had NOTHING to do with that hiring but HE DOES want her hired in a FULL-TIME position.

Mr. O'Malley doing work for the BOE IS A BIG DEAL!!!. Unlike any other contractor working for the BOE, he is now a CANDIDATE RUNNING FOR THE BOARD!!! It shows a true lack of character to be running for the BOE while still making MONEY off of the BOE. If he doesn't recognize a conflict of interest now.......How could he if he's elected to the BOE?

I can't see any way how these candidates are going to change the BOE for the better. It appears that the only change that could be coming to the BOE is the reproach brought upon it by the new candidates. So much for their slogan, "for the children."

This nonsense has nothing to do with the issues or who is or is not qualified.

Look around we have enough problems with our school systems to focus on and this petty, nameless, name calling and slander doesn't help anyone but the people who have grudges against all the candidates.

Go tomorrow night and ask real questions instead of sitting behind a computer calling people names.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT ASAP
Um, about those minutes. What was approved was a REDISTRICTING STUDY, not a plan. Genius, the plan would come AFTER the STUDY, if the STUDY proves that redistricting is necessary. Understand?

As for the Degesere Taj Mahal, the $$$$$ for the purchase has been sitting in capital reserve for more than a year & is in the current year's budget, that was approved by the taxpayers. Degesere wasn't even around when the last budget was approved, so I hardly think this is his diabolical plan. So where is the misuse and abuse of taxpayer money? Exactly what is CRIMINAL?

And you can't have it both ways. Either they are DO-NOTHINGS, or they're doing SOMETHING that's got your panties in a wad.

I would rather they do nothing than raise my taxes for their own agendas.

They only do what benefits themselves.

As far as the current years budget, WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER BUILDING AND ALL THE EXPENSES THAT GO WITH IT. Put that money to teachers and schools and not to plush digs for the overpaid administration we have.

Guest WE CAN ONLY HOPE
George King should be the next BOE President.

His open and honest charachter is what we need for a new start and better management of our educational system.

Deputy Cheif of Police and dedicated fathers over Bank Teller Frauds anyday of the week.

We can only hope to unseat this caldron of self intrest from our BOE.

George King is the man to put things back on track for our kids.

Honesty restored is honesty for our tax dollars.

George King would make a great BOE President.

We can't do any worse than what we have now.

Guest THE STORY GOES BS
Yeah, he's got years of experience all right & some of those experiences may come back to bite him in the a**. The story goes that he's got to answer to the state about some of his experiences. And he needs a lawyer to help him come up with answers. I bet when he's out there badmouthing the board to anyone who'll listen he doesn't ever bring up his own board problems.

YELLOW is the color of the day and your backbone.

If only the DIRT BAGs supporting The Ice Princess and her gang of TAX and SPEND PUPPETS would face George and say their lies.

Like the way they conduct The Peoples Business they are back stabbing, cowards who use this forum for cover and mis-information.

No need to bad mouth the current board, their deeds speak louder than any bad mouthing.

Schools in a mess.

Budget out of touch with reality.

Raising taxes.

Abusing their office.

WORST OF ALL THEY ARE NOT LOOKING OUT FOR ANYONE BUT THEIR OWN SELF INTRESTS

Guest KING FOR BOE PRESIDENT
Yeah, he's got years of experience all right & some of those experiences may come back to bite him in the a**. The story goes that he's got to answer to the state about some of his experiences. And he needs a lawyer to help him come up with answers. I bet when he's out there badmouthing the board to anyone who'll listen he doesn't ever bring up his own board problems.

George King would be the best person to run our BOE and be President of our BOE.

Integrity and Honesty is needed at The BOE.

Look at the mess we have now.

Guest KING IS THE ONE
We can only hope to unseat this caldron of self intrest from our BOE.

George King is the man to put things back on track for our kids.

Honesty restored is honesty for our tax dollars.

George King would make a great BOE President.

We can't do any worse than what we have now.

When King is BOE President and The McDonald Cancer Ticket defeated we will have a real chance to make positive change in our schools.

Guest McDonalds Middle School
Um, about those minutes. What was approved was a REDISTRICTING STUDY, not a plan. Genius, the plan would come AFTER the STUDY, if the STUDY proves that redistricting is necessary. Understand?

As for the Degesere Taj Mahal, the $$$$$ for the purchase has been sitting in capital reserve for more than a year & is in the current year's budget, that was approved by the taxpayers. Degesere wasn't even around when the last budget was approved, so I hardly think this is his diabolical plan. So where is the misuse and abuse of taxpayer money? Exactly what is CRIMINAL?

And you can't have it both ways. Either they are DO-NOTHINGS, or they're doing SOMETHING that's got your panties in a wad.

STUDY,PLAN don't try and distort the basic truth that the BOE approved of a PLAN, STUDY for grades 6-8.

The PLAN comes after the study? Bernadette this election is really putting a twist in your knickers you just proved ,(" The Plan comes after The Study") what we all knew , that you KNEW about the MIDDLE SCHOOL.

NO getting around that. Are the current BOE members that stupid , that they didn't see 6-8 grades and question why a study like that would be needed at all? Where in Kearny do we have a 6-8 school?

Guest STOP MCDONALDS MADNESS

Now we have plays on words.

LIARS ALL.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT
If you have no fear why don't you post your name? All the blind post's in the world won't help your incumbents win another turn at The BOE.

The actions of the incumbents, especially McDonald have poisioned the town to them for good.

McDonald should go back to counting change.

Doffant should go back to Harrison

Sgalia should go back to singing

Why is Doffant running if he can't vote on anything because of his family being teachers in town?

He is always late or doesn't show up at all.

Makes no sense. He is a lame duck and going for another 3 years?

How does this help Kearny?

Alan is a great guy but only hurts us by being on the BOE.

Guest Great night/ real ideas
He was where he said he would be Saturday night, were you there to ask questions or are you just content to spew your LIES and mis-information for the DEGESERE TICKET of TAX and SPEND ?

He will be htere Tuesday night at KHS, once again will you be there to ask questions?

The answer is NO you won't because other than your SNAEKY little post you have no desire or ability to face people with your garbage.

No go out and steal some signs, or bully some kids into asking their parents to vote for The current Degesere Ticket or what Kearny townspeople call, "The CANCER"

Saturday evening was a great evening full of positive and reasonable answers to the problems our town/schools are facing. I was surprised by the number of people that turned out and impressed with the cross mix of people from Kearny.I went to the event to have my questions answered and not take for the truth the comments posted on this site. I am glad I did, the candidates opinions are a far cry from the rhetoric posted by the other side and their supporters.

The three men running for the BOE were well informed and had reasonable new ideas to bring to the BOE if they are elected.

Are the incumbents having a similar event so I can hear their opinions and ideas?

The election is a week away and I don't want to read what other people have to say, I want to hear what the people running have to say from their own mouths.

All the negative posts by both sides does the Town of Kearny and our children a dis-service.

Time for grown ups to act like adults.

Guest Mr. O'Malley BRAVO

Mr. King was no#1 on D/C list that had no openings available. He was hired as the THIRD D/C (when we only had or needed TWO) by appointment of the mayor and Town Council who created his position to control OT in the PD. See how well that worked out.

Mr. Munro has family member that is a part-time employee. He had NOTHING to do with that hiring but HE DOES want her hired in a FULL-TIME position.

Mr. O'Malley doing work for the BOE IS A BIG DEAL!!!. Unlike any other contractor working for the BOE, he is now a CANDIDATE RUNNING FOR THE BOARD!!! It shows a true lack of character to be running for the BOE while still making MONEY off of the BOE. If he doesn't recognize a conflict of interest now.......How could he if he's elected to the BOE?

I can't see any way how these candidates are going to change the BOE for the better. It appears that the only change that could be coming to the BOE is the reproach brought upon it by the new candidates. So much for their slogan, "for the children."

Why is everything the King, Munro & O'Malley ticket do such a big deal and all the inappropriate and self serving things the McDonald, Doffant & Sgalia do not a big deal?

Hypocracy and Distortion is the answer.

Mr. O'Malley has every right to work at his profession. He is a candidate not an BOE memeber and therefore not under any conflict of intrest issues.

If you want to talk about conflict of intrest issues just look at The Incumbents.

When the soccer field use situation issue was addressed the response was Mark Brochino VP makes all those decisions, well he obviously is aware that a candidate for The BOE is doing work for the BOE!

Just becasue someone is running for the BOE doesn't preclude them from a RIGHT to make a living.

How they make their living unless it is illegal is none of your business.

Mr.O'Malley is doing nothing wrong. Mr. O'Malley is taking care of his family like he should.

The O'Malley ticket is 150% for ALL the children of Kearny, unlike the current BOE President who is obviously

only out for her own, or Alan Doffant who has taken care of his family by getting them teaching jobs.

Now there is something you should be questioning.

Guest Kpdpipes

Check your facts Skippy. D/C King was hired as the SECOND DC to Run the Patrol Division. Why dont you stop speaking about things you obviously are clueless about?

And before i'm accused of being "Steve" I DONT have a dog in this hunt, I dont have any Kids in the School System, nor do I live in Town. LEAVE THE POLICE DEPT OUT OF THIS CRAP.

Guest Guest
Why is Doffant running if he vote ocan't n anything because of his family being teachers in town?

He is always late or doesn't show up at all.

Makes no sense. He is a lame duck and going for another 3 years?

How does this help Kearny?

Alan is a great guy but only hurts us by being on the BOE.

If you're for the K-M-OM ticket because of voting ability, think again. King can't vote on anything because of his job with KPD and his wife is a BOE employee. Munro can't vote on anything because his sister in law is a BOE employee and O'Malley can't vote on anything because his sister is a BOE employee. Sounds like they'll be able to get alot done.

Guest NotImpressed
Saturday evening was a great evening full of positive and reasonable answers to the problems our town/schools are facing. I was surprised by the number of people that turned out and impressed with the cross mix of people from Kearny.I went to the event to have my questions answered and not take for the truth the comments posted on this site. I am glad I did, the candidates opinions are a far cry from the rhetoric posted by the other side and their supporters.

The three men running for the BOE were well informed and had reasonable new ideas to bring to the BOE if they are elected.

Are the incumbents having a similar event so I can hear their opinions and ideas?

The election is a week away and I don't want to read what other people have to say, I want to hear what the people running have to say from their own mouths.

All the negative posts by both sides does the Town of Kearny and our children a dis-service.

Time for grown ups to act like adults.

Saturday evening wasn't great at all. They didn't answer any of my questions and wanted me to pay ten dollars to enter. WTF?. They weren't able to give a clear position on any issue. Not one of them could even identify a single issue faced by the parents and taxpayers outside of the Manor section. As for the turnout, there were about fifty people there all of which were the candidates' family members. I don't think anyone in Kearny knew who they were before the KOTW posts. I did hear about hockey teams and soccer fields and Roosevelt school but nothing else. It is a shame. Kearny is much bigger than the third ward.

Guest Candidate In Conflict
Why is everything the King, Munro & O'Malley ticket do such a big deal and all the inappropriate and self serving things the McDonald, Doffant & Sgalia do not a big deal?

Hypocracy and Distortion is the answer.

Mr. O'Malley has every right to work at his profession. He is a candidate not an BOE memeber and therefore not under any conflict of intrest issues.

If you want to talk about conflict of intrest issues just look at The Incumbents.

When the soccer field use situation issue was addressed the response was Mark Brochino VP makes all those decisions, well he obviously is aware that a candidate for The BOE is doing work for the BOE!

Just becasue someone is running for the BOE doesn't preclude them from a RIGHT to make a living.

How they make their living unless it is illegal is none of your business.

Mr.O'Malley is doing nothing wrong. Mr. O'Malley is taking care of his family like he should.

The O'Malley ticket is 150% for ALL the children of Kearny, unlike the current BOE President who is obviously

only out for her own, or Alan Doffant who has taken care of his family by getting them teaching jobs.

Now there is something you should be questioning.

Mr. O'Malley has every right to work at his profession but HE IS A CANDIDATE FOR THE KEARNY BOE THAT CONTINUED TO DO ELECTRICAL WORK ON KEARNY BOE PROJECTS. This shows Mr. O'Malley's lack of integrity, transparency and ethics. As such, the Kearny taxpayers have every right to know that Mr. O'Malley was paid taxpayer dollars while running for their school board.

To clarify, when the administration became aware that Mr. O'Malley had become a candidate for the BOE, they stopped using his services. Mr. O'Malley then felt compelled to attempt to hide his business dealings by sub-contracting his services to the company that was awarded the high school bid.

Mr. O'Malley should be taking care of his family. He just shouldn't be doing it at the expense of the Kearny taxpayers. The board is for UNPAID members.

Guest Guest
Saturday evening wasn't great at all. They didn't answer any of my questions and wanted me to pay ten dollars to enter. WTF?. They weren't able to give a clear position on any issue. Not one of them could even identify a single issue faced by the parents and taxpayers outside of the Manor section. As for the turnout, there were about fifty people there all of which were the candidates' family members. I don't think anyone in Kearny knew who they were before the KOTW posts. I did hear about hockey teams and soccer fields and Roosevelt school but nothing else. It is a shame. Kearny is much bigger than the third ward.

Well what a BIG FAT LIE !!! The Munro, King, O'Mally ticket did not collect any money at the door. You my ex-friend were set up in order for them to see who the real rat was. You were fed misinformation on purpose in order for them to see who the rat was. They are not collecting funds and did not even mention money at their affair so you my dear were not there and we now know who you are now.

Guest Guest
Mr. O'Malley has every right to work at his profession but HE IS A CANDIDATE FOR THE KEARNY BOE THAT CONTINUED TO DO ELECTRICAL WORK ON KEARNY BOE PROJECTS. This shows Mr. O'Malley's lack of integrity, transparency and ethics. As such, the Kearny taxpayers have every right to know that Mr. O'Malley was paid taxpayer dollars while running for their school board.

To clarify, when the administration became aware that Mr. O'Malley had become a candidate for the BOE, they stopped using his services. Mr. O'Malley then felt compelled to attempt to hide his business dealings by sub-contracting his services to the company that was awarded the high school bid.

Mr. O'Malley should be taking care of his family. He just shouldn't be doing it at the expense of the Kearny taxpayers. The board is for UNPAID members.

Let me clarify, he is not breaking any rules by working for the board. he is NOT on the board as of yet. If you want to know what is unethical it is sitting on the board when a relative or 2 are hired, being a board member who's children get the summer jobs, using contractors and firms (like the grant writer) that are married to relatives on the board, that is what is lacking integrity. Also did you ever ask how musch FREE work Mr. O'Malley has given to the school system I don't think so becuase all you want to do is make this ugly well if you want ugly I can give you ugly because some people just can't keep their mouths closed when it comes to dirty little secrets and some secrets exposed could sink a ship!!!! So before you start attacking a person whom is not doing anything wrong under the law you better make sure all the outside jobs and contracts can't get linked back to board members, because marriage makes you related stupid.

Guest MORE LIES & DOFFANT

You weren't there Bernadette. STOP LYING FOR ONCE. Shame on you AGAIN.

There were no discussions about Hockey or soccer fields, the main discussions revolved around the waste of our money on an office building, The Middle School , the Election Law Violations and sign stealing that The SLEEZE Ticket are sneaking around promoting.

Even if there were 50 people it's 50 more people than the event the incumbents ran.

Oh that's right they didn't run anything.

Why would they run an event where people can ask them HARD questions without their Cheerleader in charge ( *** **** State *** ******** and Dear freind of Bernadette and Joe Sgalia) to run interference on?

How about Alan Doffant forging a teachers signature on her eveluation? He and BOE attorney Karen Murray have never denied Alan forged a teachers signature on an eveluation and later using that evaluation to not renew her position. Then we have Alan using uncertified Science Teachers in positions that require certification. Everyone should be aware of this becasue it was in the Observer.

There is a ****** ********* **** moving forward on this right now.

That's the kind of person we want on our BOE.

You have a lot more to worry about than an successful meet and greet.

Guest Scared, Lying BOE Employee

You are a PUSSY and a LIAR. As the election grows closer more and more of the same BS keeps getting repeated.

Check with the Department of Education in Trenton and get the correct answer to your imaginary concerns. Anyone, who is paid for services to the BOE must cease operations ONLY AFTER they have become a member of a SCHOOL BOARD. There is absolutely no conflict at all until AFTER April 20, 2010, when all business with the Board must stop.

As for the Board not using him anymore when they became aware is another lie. The last job he did was back in September 2009, when he bailed out the FACILITIES department at the HIGH SCHOOL GYM PROJECT. That's when FACILITIES did not know they NEEDED POWER to run 20 bleacher motors, numerous basketball electric hoop motors, etc , etc, BECAUSE THEY ARE UNQUALIFIED to do their JOB!

As for the last job, he worked directly for the mason contrator install power to a job trailer which, under the MASON CONTRACTORS contract states that the MASON CONTRACTOR is RESPONSIBLE for providing the power to THEIR job trailer.

So, let the record show, the FACTS, which this LIAR is knowingly making up that the last job Mr. O'Malley performed for the BOE was in SEPTEMBER, long before he submitted his papers for the BOE in MARCH 2010, and that since SEPTEMBER he HAS NOT PERFORMED ANY WORK, and that by STATE LAW he can CONTINUE to work for the BOE up until he IS ELECTED on April 20, 2010.

So go get back behind your lawn mower or get comfortable at the GREEKS *******!

Guest ARE YOU FOR REAL?
If you're for the K-M-OM ticket because of voting ability, think again. King can't vote on anything because of his job with KPD and his wife is a BOE employee. Munro can't vote on anything because his sister in law is a BOE employee and O'Malley can't vote on anything because his sister is a BOE employee. Sounds like they'll be able to get alot done.

Can you really be this STUPID? Yes you can.

Every person you mentioned was employed by the BOE LONG before any of the candidates ran for office.

THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR ABILITY TO VOTE

END OF LIES

What about Doffants forging signatures????

What about Doffants ******** ****???

What about Doffant using uncertified science teachers to run science classess?? That's great for our kids.

What about Doffants daughter and two nieces?????

What about Doffant not showing up at all or showing up late????

What about Doffant not attending even one KHS sporting Event?

Try harder next time.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT

**** ******* knew, The BOE knew, case closed.

Where is the outrage over all the family and friends milking us taxpayers every day of the year?

Bob O'Malley you go boy.

Hey ***** get a set and face people with your venom.

Guest Guest
Check your facts Skippy. D/C King was hired as the SECOND DC to Run the Patrol Division. Why dont you stop speaking about things you obviously are clueless about?

And before i'm accused of being "Steve" I DONT have a dog in this hunt, I dont have any Kids in the School System, nor do I live in Town. LEAVE THE POLICE DEPT OUT OF THIS CRAP.

Nope. I'm Skippy. Not my post. Don't know anything about KPD hiring. Don't want to know anything about KPD hiring.

Guest WTF BLATANT LIES

YOU ARE A LIAR AND AS DISGRACEFUL AS THE TICKET YOU SUPPORT.

IF YOU CAN'T WRITE THE TRUTH ABOUT CANDIDATES THEN GO SCREW YOURSELF.

THERE WAS NO FEE AT THE DOOR.

THERE WAS PLENTY OF DISCUSSION ABOUT THE REAL ISSUES.

FH KEEP TRYING TO BRING IN THE SOCCER FIELD ISSUES UP BECASUE WE ARE ALL ONTO YOU.

FH FORGET ABOUT YOUR WISH TO GET A JOB ON RECREATION, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN NO MATTER HOW CLOSE YOU GET UP RC BUTT.

WHEN REVIEW TIME COMES THE ******* JOB WILL BE RE-EVALUATED AND DENIED .

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

LIARS AND CHEATS LIARS AND CHEATS

VOTER FRAUD ABUSE OF OFFICE

SIGN THEFT TAXPAYER ABUSE

Guest Not Impressed with U

Talk to any of the 70 plus people that attended the meet and greet and see if even one says they paid $10.00 for entry.

It is further proof that the lap dogs supporting their meal ticket will do anything to try and smear the Peoples Choice.

Desperation and deep seeded integrity issues are all part of the McDonald tax and wasteful spending team.

Shameless lies, voter fraud, election law violations, sign thefts, family and friend jobs, preferred treatment for their children only.

If you vote for this gang of malcontents you deserve to hand your pay check over to these self serving gang of THIEVES

Guest Wrong Party

From the start of this thread there has been very little, if anything, posted by the supporters of the incumbents about the 3 new candidates which is fact. The lies are amazing. I am just a person who knows the 3 candidates and I read the information being provided by the incumbents "supporters". It is the same false statements written over and over, just change slightly each time. It is sad to see what some people would do to try to secure an "unpaid" position on the BOE. There has been nothing written which raises any concern of wrong doing whatsoever with the 3 new candidates other than the FACT that they have the nerve to actual challenge the incumbents. Who the hell do they think they are to oppose us! 3 quality people from the community stepped up to run for the BOE and have had nothing but BS thrown at them for no apparent reason except they stepped up to run for election.

As for the above post, anyone who is actually paying attention knows that it was the McDonald ticket that ran a "FUNDRAISER" for themselves and required a $10.00 "DONATION" to the ticket to attend.

The KING, MUNRO, O'MALLEY affair was an open night for anyone to attend FREE of charge to meet the 3 candidates and get FACTS straight from their mouths. They also have ran a GRASS ROOTS campaign, where NO PUBLIC MONEY IS ACCEPTED, not a penny, not from ANYONE. If anyone wants to CHALLENGE that the election documents that MUST be filed with the STATE can verify that. This is a clear statement the 3 candidates have taken and thought very strongly about to show they will not be on the BOE for any special interests, just HONEST, FAIR and PROPER DECISIONS for our kids and taxpayers.