BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest VOTE THEM OUT ASAP
"King does the budget?" Is that why the OT he was hired to control in the PD was higher each year and never controlled? Kearny PD is reported to be losing $1 mil + because of budgeting. Problem is the KPD didn't recommend the cuts, they were made by the mayor and council.

"Munro runs a business?" Would that be the business of crossing picket lines, using scab employees in place of striking union members and stomping the rights of those union members? Sounds like someone I would want around my children.

"O'Malley runs a business?" Would that be a business that has made THOUSANDS of taxpayers dollars $$$ from the residents of Kearny by contracting with the Kearny BOE for electrical work?

"Business people are what we need on the board NOT TEACHERS?" That's like saying we need more lawyers running NASA only this ain't rocket science. Teachers are the heart and backbone of our educational system. Politicians wouldn't be that good for our children either.

"They all want to be on the board to change the status quo of how much can I get done for my family and how many jobs can I get for my friends." It sounds to me that they ARE also part the so-called status quo because Mr. King had a deputy chief's job created for him at a time when Kearny only had two DCs in the PD (All prior to his promotion). We now have three at $130,000 + each. This would be at the heart of a patronage/excessive salary arguement. As for Mr. Munro, he has a family member in the district that is a part-time employee who is looking for a full-time job. And finally, there is Mr. O'Malley who is still reaping the benefits of taxpayer business through the Kearny BOE. He is still doing electrical work at the high school even though he is a CANDIDATE for the KBOE. The sad part is that it is hidden because he is doing it as a sub-contractor under the main contractor's bid award.

Each one of these men may be good people at heart and each one may do good things in town. However, each one of these men has way too much baggage of his own coming into this campaign with no time on the board. This makes saying what they are doing "For the children" impossible to believe.

This is just the same old retread bullshit that no one care about before and no one cares about now.

Take your cheating candidate and her lackeys and hit the pike.

No doubt this is a teacher who owes the current crooks her job.

And yes one that doesn't have the courage to say these lies to a persons face.

Guest Too Much Luggage. OMG
"King does the budget?" Is that why the OT he was hired to control in the PD was higher each year and never controlled? Kearny PD is reported to be losing $1 mil + because of budgeting. Problem is the KPD didn't recommend the cuts, they were made by the mayor and council.

"Munro runs a business?" Would that be the business of crossing picket lines, using scab employees in place of striking union members and stomping the rights of those union members? Sounds like someone I would want around my children.

"O'Malley runs a business?" Would that be a business that has made THOUSANDS of taxpayers dollars $$$ from the residents of Kearny by contracting with the Kearny BOE for electrical work?

"Business people are what we need on the board NOT TEACHERS?" That's like saying we need more lawyers running NASA only this ain't rocket science. Teachers are the heart and backbone of our educational system. Politicians wouldn't be that good for our children either.

"They all want to be on the board to change the status quo of how much can I get done for my family and how many jobs can I get for my friends." It sounds to me that they ARE also part the so-called status quo because Mr. King had a deputy chief's job created for him at a time when Kearny only had two DCs in the PD (All prior to his promotion). We now have three at $130,000 + each. This would be at the heart of a patronage/excessive salary arguement. As for Mr. Munro, he has a family member in the district that is a part-time employee who is looking for a full-time job. And finally, there is Mr. O'Malley who is still reaping the benefits of taxpayer business through the Kearny BOE. He is still doing electrical work at the high school even though he is a CANDIDATE for the KBOE. The sad part is that it is hidden because he is doing it as a sub-contractor under the main contractor's bid award.

Each one of these men may be good people at heart and each one may do good things in town. However, each one of these men has way too much baggage of his own coming into this campaign with no time on the board. This makes saying what they are doing "For the children" impossible to believe.

The candidates running for election have too much luggage??????????????????????????????????

Have you been following the posts at all?

The incumbents are so dirty they make Gotti look like a saint.

Everyone of the incumbents should be looked at for criminal prosecution let alone being kicked off the BOE.

Your lame write up is so full of jealousy and self intrest it must be another ring kisser of THE DICTATOR.

Your ticket is finished. Your ticket was done before the voting incident and the dozen or so other unethical and self serving things your beloved current gang of thieves has committed.

Take your sob story on the road. No one is listening to your horse shit.

KING-MUNRO-O'MALLEY BETTER DAYS AHEAD.

Honor before corruption.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT NOW

Let me sum up your post. Blah, Blah, Blah,Blah Get it.

You are so clueless and I only hope you lose your job at the BOE when the dust clears.

Guest PROUD UNION MEMBER

I am a proud union member myself and I know of at least another hundred plus Kearny union guys who worked for John Munro and his security company on strike assignments for over 20 years.

Myself and my fellow union brothers would never work for a scab company. John does what a security company is supposed to do, secures/protects the property of his client, he never does the work of a striking worker.

Ask around from Steelworkers, Carpenters, Elevator Guys, Construction Guys, Longshoreman and Laborers form Kearny have all worked and been able to support their families when things were rough becasue

John Munro always hired and looked out for the local guys. I also know for a fact he helps out families with money and favors whenever he is asked.

Take your BS about him being a scab and put it where the sun don't shine becasue it's a load of horseshit.

The truth is John Munro DOES NOT provide scab workers and ONLY protects the property of his clients.

In most cases the security guards on strikes saves more Proud Union members from eratic drivers that try to cross the picket line than most local police departments.

He is far from a union buster and I for one was happy when he gave security guard work to me and many of my friends througout the years.

Like I said, ask around to older UNION Guys in town and I will bet you they have all worked security for John and his security company at one time or another, as a matter of fact so did a ton of Off Duty Kearny Police and Kearny Fireman.

Now move on and if you have a real issue with John then go for it but this is the second time you posted the same lies and bullshit about a lifetime Kearny guy who made good and gave back to his town every chance he had.

One more thing, I know for a fact that John Campell IS NOT John Munro's cousin or related in any way so give up that lame crap also. I am dear frineds with Munro's real cousins who are also lifelong Kearny people and none of them are Campells cousin.

Guest GET A CLUE
Shame on you for your dirty mouth and your low life responses. This ticket of yours continuously refers to "low income," "trailer parks" and "south kearny" (south of midland aveune). Does this mean that your "heroes" are only interested in the needs of the "upper class," those living north of Midland Avenue? or to put it plainer, Roosevelt School district? What is wrong with those having lower incomes and living in a trailer parks? Not everyone can be a millionaire, or a chief of police or run an electrical business. Some people are simply blue collar workers struggling everyday to support their families and ensure that their children get a good, sound education. And yes, some people live below your "high water mark." Some people live at the "other end of town." Does this mean that they don't count? It would seem like their interests would be better supported if they all moved "uptown." And finally, shame on you for including anyone's children in your mean, vindictive ranting. Children should definitely be off-limits to your hatred and vicious spewing. Stick to the real issues, pal. Your candidates have certainly lost my support. If you represent what they are campaigning for, I and many others are disillusioned and disappointed. I am out of here and moving my support "downtown."

THE QUOTES YOU ATTRIBUTE TO PEOPLE SUPPOSEDLY THINKING THEY ARE ABOVE RESIDENTS OF THE SOUTERN END OF TOWN IS NONSENSE. THE COMMENTS SUCH AS LOW INCOME, TRAILER TRASH IS A REFLECTION OF THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT POST THEIR GUTTER MOUTH LIES AND NEVER HAVE TO FACE ANYONE THEY SPEW THEIR LIES ABOUT.

FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO PAINT THE CANDIDATES AS INDIVIDUALS WHO HOLD THEMSELVES ABOVE OTHER PEOPLE IN TOWN. THE RESENTMENT AND COMMENTS ARE ABOUT LOW LIFE, LOW RENT PEOPLE WHO WERE BROUGHT UP IN A GUTTER ENVIRONMENT AND SHOW IT WITH THEIR POSTS.

IS THERE ANY ISSUES THAT ARE BROUGHT UP ABOUT THE 1-3-6 TICKET THAT AREN'T COMPLETE FEAR MONGERING BULLSHIT. NO

Guest Yes But
As I've said the salaries are now in line with what a college educated professional should be making. This is only after decades of teachers making very poor salaries.

I think you'd better check the numbers on student performance again. You'll find that New Jersey is near the top in many key categories.

College educated professional? Who are you comparing yourself to, doctors and lawyers?

I did check test scores. NJ is in the top 3 of per pupil expenditure in the country but only 36th (yes 36th) in the country for average SAT score. That's unacceptable:

The highest spending state, Vermont, is rated 30th in SAT scores nationwide. The lowest spending state, Utah, gets higher SAT scores from their students and is ranked 20th above Vermont. Far less money, higher score. The Best State (highest) SAT score comes from Iowa yet their spending of $9,977 per student is right in the middle at 25th and right at the national average of spending. The Worst State Sat score comes from Maine yet it spends the 5th most money in the nation.

Bottom line, what we're doing can be done with a lot less money:

In 1980, the voters in Massachusetts adopted a similar proposition, and the results were striking. While in 1977 Massachusetts had the 3rd highest property tax burden, by 2005 it had dropped to 33rd place.

Some will say this will affect the quality of children’s education. This is absolutely wrong. Massachusetts has accomplished this astonishing drop in property taxes while maintaining the Number One K-12 achievement in America.

Guest Guest

Wrong again. King was the second Chief not the third. The third position was created for someone else, and then later done away with. No strings attached to his promotion. Also, the PD overtime budget has steadily gone down in man hours, just look at the budgets.

The post about Munro is just nonsense. He has a security company that provides security. It's really simple.

O'Malley isn't on the Board yet, so why should he pass on work? When he is elected, he will have to, but not as of yet.

You should check your facts before you post, but why let facts stand in your way.

Guest 1 of 2

***** * & ***** * start looking for jobs NOW!

Maybe you have family in other school districts that might want to hire and PAY you to do NOTHING!

Mr. King, hired as D/C by appointment, mayor and Town Council, off LIST. Nothing to do with controlling OT.

Mr. Munro, big deal his family member is a part-time employee, let the record show, he had NOTHING to do with the hiring.

Mr. O'Malley, big deal, doing work for the BOE, like any other contractor working for the BOE, provide a service get paid. To my knowledge he is not on the BOE.......YET, so where's the problem?

It is amazing how 2 people have such an axe to grind with 3 candidates who have done nothing to THEM!

WHY the FEAR?

Guest A Little Dirty TOO
WOW talk about a barn burner.

KOTW acknowledges and recognizes voter improprieties by McDonald.

McDonald's Faux Votes causes uproar in BOE race.

How can someone who claims to be so on top of everything allow this to happen?

Shameful display of a flawed character. Morally bankrupt at the highest levels of the current BOE.

It has been written many times but needs to be accomplished on the 20th.

VOTE THEM ALL OUT.

The next two elections we need to replace all of this group of misfits.

KOTW stated on its home page, "Although McDonald supporters obviously find a way to bypass our "one vote a day" system, McDonald supporters may not have been the only ones to put in a couple extra votes for their favorite candidate. This is Hudson County after all." Looks like K-M-OM supporters are a little dirty themselves.

The only barns burning appear to be in the Manor.

Guest Guest
When will it end? Threats to a candidates sister because she is a teacher and not kissing Bernadettes ring.

Unfair workplace pressure put on another cnadidates wife. False accusations made against a prominent resident running for the BOE. Unfair hiring practices and favoritism shown to siblings/nieces by the incumbents.

Reckless abuse of power to get playing time on an Kearny school system field. The list jsut keeps growing and growing.

We need to find a way to impeach the entire current BOE and vote on a completly different group of nine new BOE members.

Bernadette is running a school of self intrest that is so detremental to our town, our teachers and most importantly our children.

Act now and change this atmosphere of fraud and biased actions by The BOE

Its FINALLY out. "Reckless abuse of power to get playing time on an Kearny school system field." All this crap on KOTW by the K-M-OM ticket has to do with pissed off soccer parents. This is a sad, sad day for Kearny.

Guest Real Union Member
I am a proud union member myself and I know of at least another hundred plus Kearny union guys who worked for John Munro and his security company on strike assignments for over 20 years.

Myself and my fellow union brothers would never work for a scab company. John does what a security company is supposed to do, secures/protects the property of his client, he never does the work of a striking worker.

Ask around from Steelworkers, Carpenters, Elevator Guys, Construction Guys, Longshoreman and Laborers form Kearny have all worked and been able to support their families when things were rough becasue

John Munro always hired and looked out for the local guys. I also know for a fact he helps out families with money and favors whenever he is asked.

Take your BS about him being a scab and put it where the sun don't shine becasue it's a load of horseshit.

The truth is John Munro DOES NOT provide scab workers and ONLY protects the property of his clients.

In most cases the security guards on strikes saves more Proud Union members from eratic drivers that try to cross the picket line than most local police departments.

He is far from a union buster and I for one was happy when he gave security guard work to me and many of my friends througout the years.

Like I said, ask around to older UNION Guys in town and I will bet you they have all worked security for John and his security company at one time or another, as a matter of fact so did a ton of Off Duty Kearny Police and Kearny Fireman.

Now move on and if you have a real issue with John then go for it but this is the second time you posted the same lies and bullshit about a lifetime Kearny guy who made good and gave back to his town every chance he had.

One more thing, I know for a fact that John Campell IS NOT John Munro's cousin or related in any way so give up that lame crap also. I am dear frineds with Munro's real cousins who are also lifelong Kearny people and none of them are Campells cousin.

"I am a proud union member myself and I know of at least another hundred plus Kearny union guys who worked for John Munro and his security company on strike assignments for over 20 years." Isn't this statement contrary to the union brothers/sisters bylaws? Union members working on strike assignments? I'd like to see your union book from the security union.

As for lies and bullshit, NOPE. FACTS! That's where the truth can be found. You say you're a proud union member. That's hard to believe but to challenge your position you so graciously stated anyway, I present the following excerpts from Mr. Munro's own company's web site (LMC Labor Management Concepts). "The truth is John Munro DOES NOT provide scab workers and ONLY protects the property of his clients" That's pretty good since Mr. Munro's web site lists many statements contrary to your own claims. Please read on. The Kearny voters should love this of a candidate.

http://www.lmcsecurity.com/operations.html

"Don’t be bullied into unfair union demands." Sounds pretty good for a guy that really supports "union guys" like yourself.

"LMC Security and its principals have been providing strike security and security related services to countless clients throughout the country for over thirty (30) years." Companies that specialize in "strike security" really don't sound to be too union friendly especially if they hire out-of-work "union guys" Steelworkers, Carpenters, Elevator Guys, Construction Guys, Longshoreman and Laborers and such as security guards. What union were you a member of while working security for the non-scab company?

"In effort to achieve a “Business As Usual” atmosphere and work environment, we work closely with our clients in developing, refining and instituting your strike contingency plan well ahead of your contract expiration date." Nothing better than stepping up the actions against the unionized folks.

"We have assisted hundreds of companies in preparing for and operating successfully during a labor dispute." This sounds likes he's a real supporter of unions, you know, assisting the management of "hundreds of companies." As a so-called "union member", you should be very proud.

"Hopefully you will not encounter a work stoppage, however, if you foresee the possibility of a work stoppage, pre-strike planning is essential in operating successfully during a labor dispute." Still think Mr. Munro is a friend of the working guy?

K-M-OM want to strip the schools of teachers, custodians, and maintenance workers. With so many friends, hundreds that are Steelworkers, Carpenters, Elevator Guys, Construction Guys, Longshoreman and Laborers, he should have no problem finding friends to send the "outsourced" work to. So much for a candidate with no agendas.

Guest TEAMSTER

I am a Teamster and father of four. I worked for Munro several times over the last 20 years. I work on sites that don't have picket lines and I have worked on sites that do. I know of no case where Munro has done any work of striking members. He does what he does all year long , he secures the property. NEVER have I seen him do scab work or provide scab labor NEVER.

In case anyone was wondering that's what security companies do, secure.

I think I know who wrote this but can't be sure. If it is who I think ,I have seen you and your wife cross the Shop Rite picket line when they were on strike. I have no problem with that becasue you have to feed your family, but when you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones.

I read a post that someone said Munro wanted to build a fence down Midland Ave? Can anyone really be that dumb? I also heard he wanted to put a moat and electrical charges in the fence. Make sense?

This is the most absurd and idiotic thing any adult can ever say.

I know that I am voting for Munro becasue he will do the right thing.

Guest TEAMSTER

I am a Teamster and father of four. I worked for Munro several times over the last 20 years. I work on sites that don't have picket lines and I have worked on sites that do. I know of no case where Munro has done any work of striking members. He does what he does all year long , he secures the property. NEVER have I seen him do scab work or provide scab labor NEVER.

I think I know who wrote this but can't be sure. If it is who I think ,I have seen you and your wife cross the Shop Rite picket line when they were on strike. I have no problem with that becasue you have to feed your family, but when you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones.

I read a post that someone said Munro wanted to build a fence down Midland Ave? Can anyone really be that dumb? I also heard he wanted to put a moat and electrical charges in the fence. Make sense?

Guest Guest
I'm shocked KOTW let this person post under the name "VOTE THE B**ch OFF." B**ch is a slur on par with nigger, spic, gook, etc. People have to realize that. Very irresponsible. As for the poster, YOU'RE the disgusting piece of dog shit.

And in general, can't we be more civil? This thread looks like a bunch of Tea Party signs.

I am shocked more posts aren't blasting Bernadette for her actions on Easter Sunday?

Fishy???? Fishy is an understatement. She doesn't know 600 people let alone get them all on line at the same time voting for her. Like computer geek said there was only 3 people on the site at the time, Bernadette, her husband and her daughter.

How insulting and shallow can a person be?

Anyone who votes for her is an idiot.

Guest Guest
College educated professional? Who are you comparing yourself to, doctors and lawyers?

I did check test scores. NJ is in the top 3 of per pupil expenditure in the country but only 36th (yes 36th) in the country for average SAT score. That's unacceptable:

The highest spending state, Vermont, is rated 30th in SAT scores nationwide. The lowest spending state, Utah, gets higher SAT scores from their students and is ranked 20th above Vermont. Far less money, higher score. The Best State (highest) SAT score comes from Iowa yet their spending of $9,977 per student is right in the middle at 25th and right at the national average of spending. The Worst State Sat score comes from Maine yet it spends the 5th most money in the nation.

Bottom line, what we're doing can be done with a lot less money:

In 1980, the voters in Massachusetts adopted a similar proposition, and the results were striking. While in 1977 Massachusetts had the 3rd highest property tax burden, by 2005 it had dropped to 33rd place.

Some will say this will affect the quality of children’s education. This is absolutely wrong. Massachusetts has accomplished this astonishing drop in property taxes while maintaining the Number One K-12 achievement in America.

SATs are all you've got? You'd better do alot more research because quality education doesn't just come down to an SAT score.

And any time you want to start replacing classroom teachers with doctors and lawyers go for it. You couldn't get them to do it for 10x the salary.

Guest McDonalds SHAME
KOTW should just take down the tainted poll and delete the fixed results entirely.

The voting fraud has made the poll a joke and with all the dirty tricks the incumbent ticket has pulled, they will resort to anything at this point. Don't be surprised if like their postion on the middle school they will try and spin this or now flood one of the challengers names with votes to try and hide their revealed fraud.

They will try and deflect blame onto the candidates or try and cast their shameful shadow on one of the honorable candidates for the BOE by raking up 600+ votes on them in under two hours.

Mark my words and just watch.

How sad is this we have to request the poll be taken down becasue of such an underhanded, shameful act on the part of BMcD.

McDonalds shameful actions deny the people of Kearny the right to take a poll on who they want to be on our BOE? Just because you don't like the results of a poll that shows people are sick of the same old Hudson County politics and your private agenda doesn't mean you have the right to ruin an opinion poll because your ego is bruised. When an individual has no respect for the system or the town it is time to find a new town to reside in. The education system of our town is in a shambles and the former pride we once took in our High School sports is gone. This type of failure is in large due to the lack of support of the BOE and it's members. WHERE IS Alan Doffant when are kids are playing on the different teams? Where are all the BOE members? John Campbell goes to games and alledgedly steals a jacket? Where has our town pride and support gone? When a dictator runs our BOE and disrespects our citizens at meetings, what is a concerned parent to do? The answer is simple, change the players.

If anyone votes for this woman to continue to be President of our BOE then the town may as well send their kids to another school in an other town.

Guest Business minded people
The candidates running for election have too much luggage??????????????????????????????????

Have you been following the posts at all?

The incumbents are so dirty they make Gotti look like a saint.

Everyone of the incumbents should be looked at for criminal prosecution let alone being kicked off the BOE.

Your lame write up is so full of jealousy and self intrest it must be another ring kisser of THE DICTATOR.

Your ticket is finished. Your ticket was done before the voting incident and the dozen or so other unethical and self serving things your beloved current gang of thieves has committed.

Take your sob story on the road. No one is listening to your horse shit.

KING-MUNRO-O'MALLEY BETTER DAYS AHEAD.

Honor before corruption.

Since you are a teacher and advocate your ilk running the BOE where is THE PEOPLES protection form your kind? if you had it your way there would be an 25% increase every year on your 10 month a year work schedule.

Business people need to take the reins and bring the budget under control, not teachers, bank tellers ( With a self serving agenda)and middle school principals from Harrison that have a daughter and two nieces working as teachers in Kearny. Let's see, should I vote for a raise or additional benefits for my daughter and nieces???????? Ya Think???????????????????????????????????????

Someone posted it was like the fox watching the hen house and that is such a true picture of why teachers CAN'T be in charge of themselves.

Guest OLD POST STILL DUMB

Same post as a few weeks ago. You must have ADD? You put almost the exact same post in weeks ago and nobody paid you any attention then or now.

You must be the campaign manager for the incumbent ticket, is this Frank Degesere?

Frank you are very worried your Middle School dream will die when your puppet's get voted out.

No new Observer interviews to attempt to assist your puppets in denying they are all for the Middle School?

You can put another article in The Observer and try to defend your Dictator for getting caught with her VOTER FRAUD SCAM.

Guest Yes But
SATs are all you've got? You'd better do alot more research because quality education doesn't just come down to an SAT score.

And any time you want to start replacing classroom teachers with doctors and lawyers go for it. You couldn't get them to do it for 10x the salary.

For most children, the SAT is the most important exam they'll take in their lives. Can you give me a more significant test score from NJ or Kearny students that we can point to showing we're at or near the top in excellence?

If you are comparing yourself to lawyers and doctors, you will have no sympathy from the public at large. What college professionals are you comparing yourself to?

Guest Guest

Anyone can say that about anyone. What does he know about education and what does he plan to do if he is elected?

Guest A COUPLE NOT 600
KOTW stated on its home page, "Although McDonald supporters obviously find a way to bypass our "one vote a day" system, McDonald supporters may not have been the only ones to put in a couple extra votes for their favorite candidate. This is Hudson County after all." Looks like K-M-OM supporters are a little dirty themselves.

A couple is a far cry from 600 in two hours.

STOP trying to mininize the FRAUD by BMcD.

Her TRUE colors are out the for the world to see.

Guest Character ISSUES
Its FINALLY out. "Reckless abuse of power to get playing time on an Kearny school system field." All this crap on KOTW by the K-M-OM ticket has to do with pissed off soccer parents. This is a sad, sad day for Kearny.

It doesn't matter if its Soccer Filed Time, Voter Fraud, jobs for friends and special treatment of family members.

The one constant here is there is no honor or trust in the incumbent ticket.

NONE

Guest NO BARNS IN THE MANOR

A COUPLE DOES NOT ADD UP TO 600 VOTES IN TWO HOURS.

Are you one of our overpaid math teachers?

No barns in the manor. Youi know where BMcD and AD live right?

We all thought Campell was dumb, then you came along.

Guest Proud Union Member
"I am a proud union member myself and I know of at least another hundred plus Kearny union guys who worked for John Munro and his security company on strike assignments for over 20 years." Isn't this statement contrary to the union brothers/sisters bylaws? Union members working on strike assignments? I'd like to see your union book from the security union.

As for lies and bullshit, NOPE. FACTS! That's where the truth can be found. You say you're a proud union member. That's hard to believe but to challenge your position you so graciously stated anyway, I present the following excerpts from Mr. Munro's own company's web site (LMC Labor Management Concepts). "The truth is John Munro DOES NOT provide scab workers and ONLY protects the property of his clients" That's pretty good since Mr. Munro's web site lists many statements contrary to your own claims. Please read on. The Kearny voters should love this of a candidate.

http://www.lmcsecurity.com/operations.html

"Don’t be bullied into unfair union demands." Sounds pretty good for a guy that really supports "union guys" like yourself.

"LMC Security and its principals have been providing strike security and security related services to countless clients throughout the country for over thirty (30) years." Companies that specialize in "strike security" really don't sound to be too union friendly especially if they hire out-of-work "union guys" Steelworkers, Carpenters, Elevator Guys, Construction Guys, Longshoreman and Laborers and such as security guards. What union were you a member of while working security for the non-scab company?

"In effort to achieve a “Business As Usual” atmosphere and work environment, we work closely with our clients in developing, refining and instituting your strike contingency plan well ahead of your contract expiration date." Nothing better than stepping up the actions against the unionized folks.

"We have assisted hundreds of companies in preparing for and operating successfully during a labor dispute." This sounds likes he's a real supporter of unions, you know, assisting the management of "hundreds of companies." As a so-called "union member", you should be very proud.

"Hopefully you will not encounter a work stoppage, however, if you foresee the possibility of a work stoppage, pre-strike planning is essential in operating successfully during a labor dispute." Still think Mr. Munro is a friend of the working guy?

K-M-OM want to strip the schools of teachers, custodians, and maintenance workers. With so many friends, hundreds that are Steelworkers, Carpenters, Elevator Guys, Construction Guys, Longshoreman and Laborers, he should have no problem finding friends to send the "outsourced" work to. So much for a candidate with no agendas.

Munro is a friend of the working guy for sure.

Planning for a labor dispute is done on both sides of the issues. Business is business. Making sure a company that plans to operate during a strike doesn't have scabs running down picketers is a good thing.

You would rathe our fellow members get run over and killed?? You are so short sighted it's not even funny.

Are you a member of SAG ? You must be the clown delegate.

Only Communists think it is only one sided. Everyone has to do what they have to do during a possible labor situation.

As far as the rest of your lies regarding teachers, custodians and maintenance workers, your point is anybody can be a teacher?

Your bias is obvious as is your ignorance.

Guest Kudos a man of principal

It is nice to see a man of principals say his piece. Life isn't all about what one side feels is right.

I am not anti-unioun and I am not pro-unioun, I am for every man or woman having the right to work.

There was a time when uniouns were badly needed to protect the workers, those days are long gone.

Some of the major reasons we are in the financial shape we are in as a state and nation is becasue of the drain the unioun contracts and benefits put on us all. If you are a unioun memeber of course you are PRO UNIOUN, who wouldn't be? Nothing wrong with being pro-unioun as there is nothing wrong with being able to feed your family.

Bottom line is either way or either side has it's points.

I am voting for Munro and the people that don't are not thinking of our kids. The people that don't are just concerned with their opinion and meal ticket.