BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest VOTE THEM OUT
How the hell can the school board increase taxes again by 4%?When is it enough?Unemployment is at 9.3% and I'm sure it's higher in kearny!!!!As the politicians know,we are the UEZ,not a trough full of hundreds!!!!!!CUT THE DAM BUDGET ALREADY!!!!!!!THE CITIZENS VOTED FOR YOU TO LOOK OUT FOR OUR INTEREST!!!!!!If the 4% goes passes without 1 cut,well we know the rest!!!!!!!!What a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93% OF THE SCHOOLS in this state are cutting teachers and programs.

Degesere and his board are keeping everyone and raising our taxes.

If you don't vote out the idiots on the current BOE then you deserve all the tax increases you get.

Guest Old Dog

BRIDGEWATER -- The 1,360-member Bridgewater Raritan Education Association voted to approve $1.4 million in concessions today, a move that will save 16-full time teaching positions and help soften the blow created by millions of dollars in state-aid cuts to the Bridgewater-Raritan School District.

Guest Guest

If you don't vote out the idiots on the current BOE then you deserve all the tax increases you get.

Wait?! So you WANT programs and teachers taken away from the students?!

Guest Kpdpipes
Wrong again Steve. I'm not backpedaling, I never implicated nepotism, never mentioned promotions, never besmirched your department.

sorry Sparky..but you guessed INcorrectly, I'm not apparently who you think I am... Im just a guy pushing a radio car. YOU brought up the fact the man's father was a D/C at the time he was hired, NOT ME. As the Bard once wrote... "Methinks the Lady doth protest TOO much.

Guest guest

Well if you want to cut programs and get rid of teachers and supporting staff, then vote for John Campbell's merry men; King, Munro and O'Malley. If this happens, then the kids in Franklin and Washington school will have approximately 35-40 kids in each class.

Guest *Spanky*
Do King Munro and O'Malley a favor and keep putting in your posts.

Since you put in your rant Munro has gotten HUNDREDS of more votes than McDonald. You are a great asset to the new ticket. Becasue the votes are going to Munro that means King and O'Malley also. No need for an election. Out with the old and in with the new.

Better days ahead for Kearny Parents and Children.

Better days? Are you kidding me? These guys have been popping up here and there at different functions. Until this election, nobody except for the people in the "manor" section of town knew who they were. Now they are father of the year material. I don't think so.

Guest Guest

I have read most of the posts on this discussion and I am appalled at what is being said. None of the posts on this discussion are about what is best for the kids of our town. The internet is a terrible thing. Lies are being posted and it's not worth it. If you have time to write on a forum you have time to change things in our town. Focus on the kids and not who knows who or whos related to who. It doesn't matter. The BOE is formed for the kids not for parents to bicker about who is best friends with whom. I feel the BOE is doing a great job is dealing with it's issues. The members presently on the BOE have done an outstanding job and are really in it for the kids. Our town has seen good changes let's not stop now !

Guest Closet Foes
Wait?! So you WANT programs and teachers taken away from the students?!

No not programs and teachers. Never programs or teachers that hurts the kids.

There are however far to many VP's and other fat that can GO.

All the VP's don't need individual secretaries they can share.

Let's take for example John Millar he needs a full time secretary?

There are lots of people out there who should be careful about trying to protect the staus quo because they think it will benefit them. The ones who are backing either ticket openly have a right to be proud of their candidates. The ones who think they are fooling anyone with their phoney, see through act and are trying to walk the tight rope should think again.

Ever hear of the term," It will come back and bite you in the ass"?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Guest Hoboken has NO increase

Hoboken gets it:

Hoboken BoE approves school budget; no tax increase for local residents

By Mark Maurer/The Jersey Journal

April 01, 2010, 10:15AM

The Hoboken Board of Education approved the final draft of the 2010-2011 school district budget Tuesday night by a vote of 6-1.

The $57.9 million spending plan - which represents a 7 percent reduction from the current school year's $62 million operating budget - now will go before the voters on April 20.

The amount of money to be raised by local taxes to pay for the city's public schools will remain at $36.8 million, school officials said.

Board members Ruth McAllister and Frances Rose-Kerns missed the meeting.

Board member Maureen Sullivan, the lone "no" vote, expressed concerns about overspending.

Salary increases in the budget tally $1.18 million, officials said. But the district saved $1.77 million by eliminating 14 positions.

The district is also losing $2.78 million in state and federal grants, officials said.

Veteran board member Jimmy Farina was enthusiastic about the budget, calling the document "thorough and professional, and honest."

If the budget is voted down April 20, it will be sent to the City Council for adjustments. This budget kicks in July 1.

Guest Bayonne NO Tax Increase

Bayonne gets it too:

This is the second year in a row with no increase in the tax levy.

The cut in the budget, which has been approved by both the Bayonne Board of Education and Hudson County superintendent of schools, is equivalent to the 10.3 percent, or $5.7 million, that Gov. Chris Christie slashed in school aid two weeks ago.

Smith said that he made it "crystal clear" that there should be no tax hike and he did not want staff laid off.

"The people of Bayonne cannot afford an increase in their school property taxes, not in the times we are living in," Smith said. "Before we start considering reducing teachers and staff we should leave no stone unturned in looking for true savings anywhere and everywhere in this budget."

Smith said he expects the saving to be made without jeopardizing quality of education, through belt tightening, such as retirements, reviewing administrative staffing levels and reorganization, and limiting the use of consultants and seminars.

He also said an inter-agency task force is looking at saving money by sharing services such as vehicle maintenance, insurance and payroll processing.

"The days of bloated and inefficient boards of education and bloated and inefficient government are over," Smith said. "Gov. Chris Christie has made drastic cuts. We will provide the best education for our children while not overburdening taxpayers of the City of Bayonne."

Business Administrator Cliff Doll said 23 staff members, including teachers, administrators and custodians, are retiring by the end of school year. The savings would depend on who has to be replaced.

Guest Guest
No not programs and teachers. Never programs or teachers that hurts the kids.

There are however far to many VP's and other fat that can GO.

All the VP's don't need individual secretaries they can share.

Let's take for example John Millar he needs a full time secretary?

There are lots of people out there who should be careful about trying to protect the staus quo because they think it will benefit them. The ones who are backing either ticket openly have a right to be proud of their candidates. The ones who think they are fooling anyone with their phoney, see through act and are trying to walk the tight rope should think again.

Ever hear of the term," It will come back and bite you in the ass"?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

But you said this

"93% OF THE SCHOOLS in this state are cutting teachers and programs.

If you don't vote out the idiots on the current BOE then you deserve all the tax increases you get."

Nothing here about VPs

Guest VOTE THEM OUT
But you said this

"93% OF THE SCHOOLS in this state are cutting teachers and programs.

If you don't vote out the idiots on the current BOE then you deserve all the tax increases you get."

Nothing here about VPs

ITS THERE NOW.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT
Well if you want to cut programs and get rid of teachers and supporting staff, then vote for John Campbell's merry men; King, Munro and O'Malley. If this happens, then the kids in Franklin and Washington school will have approximately 35-40 kids in each class.

Well Bernadette I see you and your ******* friend FH will stop at nothing with your lies and accusations.

John Cambells ticket? Same old retread hash. Not working.

Franklin and Washington Schools are you on CRACK?

You must be.

Those sad signs you have out ( All 5 of them) look like a Chinese Menu. You can't even get that right.

To bad, so sad, you and your gang of losers are DONE.

Well if you want to have all Bernadettes friends hired as janitors and assault other janitors then by all means re-elect Cruella and her bunch of morons

Guest DESPERATION
Bernadette is a Vice President of a bank. Can't get more knowledge of finance. Let's give up the Jimmy Harkes issue. The man applied for a job. He was not recommended by Bernadette. He was hired. That's it! By the way Dale Pannullo BOE can track computer usage.

Vice President LMFAO That's the kind of knowledege that sunk us into this depression in the first place.

Never give up on Jimmy Harkes or Fran and all the other little cult members that back the Ice Princess.

Tell Dale Pannullo to go for it.

Now who is the big bad POLICE STATE??

I thought King and Munro were the spies?

Bring it on.

Truth is a wonderful thing, when it's heard.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT
Better days? Are you kidding me? These guys have been popping up here and there at different functions. Until this election, nobody except for the people in the "manor" section of town knew who they were. Now they are father of the year material. I don't think so.

Thats what candidates do MORON.

Where does Bernadette and Alan live?? THE MANOR

Now go and jump of the bridge down by the river and do all of us a favor.

I can gaurantee they are much better fathers than you or your husband.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT
All you the people posting negative comments about ALL the candidates should be ashamed of themselves. The six people running all have their own reasons; taxes, kids, other issues. But they should all be respected for stepping up to the plate and trying to do the right thing. It is very easy for all of the "supporters" to sit behind the computer and comment. Only six people know the real reasons they are running. Commenting on someone's job or income is not right. If you all have so much time on your hands, why not attend BOE meetings or Town Council meetings for that matter. Get involved. Name calling and slanderous comments never helped anyone.

Well if you read The Sleeze Ticket of BMcD,AD and JS the incumbents are doing just that.

They are terrified of the outcome that's why you are getting all the negative post's.

Fran get a job, you have to much time on your hands.

Guest Larry Moe and Curly

Spanky you must be one of the little rascals. Get a life. Your nonsense post just proves you are a moron.

What you think is as important as gum on someones shoe.

I guess you will have to actually work when the new BOE members are on board.

That's terrifying. Join the rest of the world and not the BMcD, AD and JS world of dead beats.

Guest Guest
Bernadette is a Vice President of a bank. Can't get more knowledge of finance. Let's give up the Jimmy Harkes issue. The man applied for a job. He was not recommended by Bernadette. He was hired. That's it! By the way Dale Pannullo BOE can track computer usage.

Can she count the poll votes? She is getting trounced as are her lackeys.

Can she count the lawn signs that aren't her retreads from the last election.

You need a road map and magnifying glass to even read them not to mention a translator.

No matter, they are DONE.

Guest BANKER JUST KILL ME

Do you even think before you post? Have you not seen the government bail outs and depression we are in?

Bernadette is a banker, no wonder we need to raise our taxes. Who the hell wants a banker in charge of and ruling our BOE?

NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must live in a cave.

Do you realize it took trillions of our taxpayer money to bail out the banks?

If your position and the backers of McDonald are that we should elect a person that is a direct part of the reason we are all ( The Entire Country) suffering and struggling to make ends meet, then anyone who votes for her is in serious need of a reality check.

A BANKER

Bernie Madoff has a great stock tip you should invest in.

Guest ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
sorry Sparky..but you guessed INcorrectly, I'm not apparently who you think I am... Im just a guy pushing a radio car. YOU brought up the fact the man's father was a D/C at the time he was hired, NOT ME. As the Bard once wrote... "Methinks the Lady doth protest TOO much.

Spanky is just a silly person with no balls and no idea of what is going on in the real world.

Spanky is just another incumbent supporter who has nothing but venom to spew and false accusations about the people running against their meal ticket. They are even blaming people for posts that have been entered by a person known to many and not running from anything posted.

The more you read Spanky and the other writters for her the easier it is to see that the current BOE and I mean all of them need to be replaced.

Any connection to the entire current board is an atomic bomb ready to blow Kearny off the map and our kids and school system with it. She controls them all except Cambell and Castilli and that is why they are constantly made out as the bad guys. They are the only ones who stand up to this" DICTATOR"

Guest BOESupporter
Spanky is just a silly person with no balls and no idea of what is going on in the real world.

Spanky is just another incumbent supporter who has nothing but venom to spew and false accusations about the people running against their meal ticket. They are even blaming people for posts that have been entered by a person known to many and not running from anything posted.

The more you read Spanky and the other writters for her the easier it is to see that the current BOE and I mean all of them need to be replaced.

Any connection to the entire current board is an atomic bomb ready to blow Kearny off the map and our kids and school system with it. She controls them all except Cambell and Castilli and that is why they are constantly made out as the bad guys. They are the only ones who stand up to this" DICTATOR"

Well then, you OBVIOUSLY weren't at last nights budget hearing and also have no idea of what is going on in the real world. MacDonald, a dictator? Campbell and Castelli the bad guys? Well, at least you got the second statement right. Campbell and Castelli are both dumber than dogshit (DD) and proved it to the taxpayers last night. People were actually having a hard time deciding which one is actually the dumbest of the two! Go figure. Castelli needed to be told THREE times by the business administrator publicly that his question about moving capital funds to eliminate the proposed tax increase was not allowed nor would it be in the districts best interests to do so even if it were allowed. Everyone in attendance understood the district's position and the business administrator's explanation, all except for Campbell and Castelli.

Campbell and Castelli both use every opportunity to grandstand for the public and last night was no different. Paul Castelli is the chairperson for the BOE's finance committee and he doesn't support the proposed budget????? As chairperson, HE and HE ALONE is the person responsible for releasing the budget from committee and presenting it to the full board which he did at the last public meeting. Last night, he voted no on his own committee's budget. If he didn't support the it, why did he release it from committee?????? As for John Campbell, he likes to distort the truth for the public. As was stated last night, he was an active participant in the budget process from the beginning. He also voted no.

Campbell and Castelli both continue to prove that they are not for the children and they definitely aren't for the taxpayers of Kearny.

Guest Stiil wailting

Options Track this topic

Email this topic

Print this topic

Download this topic

Subscribe to this forum

Switch to: Outline

Standard

Switch to: Linear+

*Fairplay* Mar 22 2009, 07:53 PM Post #1

Guests

Question, why is it after the Board Of Education voted to not allow any Kearny soccer clubs to play on Board Of Ed fields, one club was given access to Kearny High School? The club that was denied was Kearny Thistle, I know a lot of you who read this forum have either had children who played Thistle or are currently active in the Organization. The club that was granted field time this Sunday was kearny united.

A new team in town fighting for field space with a team that has been here for 30 years. Interesting who is one of the head coaches for this upstart team and the treatment they have been getting, our own Board Of Education President Bernadette McDonald! If you are a Thistle parent or just a proponent of fair play please call the Board office and your local councilperson to address this blatant conflict of interest. please let me add there were a few board members who supported the Thistle cause, do a little digging and it won't be hard to figure out who!!!

P.S.

Thistle 87 percent Kearny Kids

Kearny United 45 Percent

Thistle 15 teams

Kearny United 4

Still waiting for a responce and this question was long before election season!

Guest NUETRAL BUT NOT STUPID
Well then, you OBVIOUSLY weren't at last nights budget hearing and also have no idea of what is going on in the real world. MacDonald, a dictator? Campbell and Castelli the bad guys? Well, at least you got the second statement right. Campbell and Castelli are both dumber than dogshit (DD) and proved it to the taxpayers last night. People were actually having a hard time deciding which one is actually the dumbest of the two! Go figure. Castelli needed to be told THREE times by the business administrator publicly that his question about moving capital funds to eliminate the proposed tax increase was not allowed nor would it be in the districts best interests to do so even if it were allowed. Everyone in attendance understood the district's position and the business administrator's explanation, all except for Campbell and Castelli.

Campbell and Castelli both use every opportunity to grandstand for the public and last night was no different. Paul Castelli is the chairperson for the BOE's finance committee and he doesn't support the proposed budget????? As chairperson, HE and HE ALONE is the person responsible for releasing the budget from committee and presenting it to the full board which he did at the last public meeting. Last night, he voted no on his own committee's budget. If he didn't support the it, why did he release it from committee?????? As for John Campbell, he likes to distort the truth for the public. As was stated last night, he was an active participant in the budget process from the beginning. He also voted no.

Campbell and Castelli both continue to prove that they are not for the children and they definitely aren't for the taxpayers of Kearny.

I am for the budget also but, being against it isn't that hard to understand. Many people in this town and the country ( World) are really struggling to survive. STRUGGLING TO PAY RENT AND PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE FOR THEIR FAMILIES, I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. It is a double edged sword.

While passing the budget is no doubt 100% correct for our kids it is another hardship on our taxpayers.

The teachers should take the wage freeze and get more money from that snake Christie . Considering how many people are without work and any income it's not such a big deal to freeze your salary for one year. Give something back to the kids and our town.They are giving nothing up and it only benefits the kids and the town if they do.

Being a chair of a committee doesn't mean you can veto the majority. Like it or not voting against the budget was a bold thing to do. You don't have to be a genus to see that the rest of the board is against both of these guys and it makes me wonder. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There is no way every issue they oppose or every stance they take against an issue is wrong.

That's impossible.

There is enough blame to spread around the entire BOE not just two men for all the failings in the school system.

The current BOE President has been a BOE member for how long? How long has she been President?

How long has she been a Banking Executive? I she couldn't make things better for our kids by now how long will she take? There are no Federal Stimulus Funds coming to Kearny like the banks got to bail them out.

Regardless of your affiliation you have to agree it is time for someone else to take the helm even if she is re-elected.

Guest VOTE THEM OUT

What happened at last nights meeting is exactly what I am talking about.

They ( Campbell & Castelli) don't just bend to Degesere or McDonald and lock step down the Bunny Trail.

There were many other ways to save money that did not include cutting teachers. Teachers should accept a freeze for one thing. How much does that save the HURTING Taxpayers of Kearny. We are all to do without while they get more. SCREW THAT

Can't you see the For Sale signs around the entire town. How many store fronts are empty? Reality bites but needs to be faced. The Bullshit statement by Degesere that he will worry about next year when next year comes is an insult to us all. I am going to Europe next week and I will worry about paying for it next year. WHAT ??????????????????????????????????????????????

How many teachers houses are up for sale? Take a freeze and do the right thing and until they do I am all for Campbell and Castelli voting the way they did and we all should vote NO on April 20th if they don't chip in and sacrafice like the rest of THE WORLD IS..

Guest Old Dog

Tried of hearing it for the children....It has always been about the teachers and administrators!!!!!!