BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest Ginny Santos
There "lies" the problems. GS and BM! The way meetings are ran are a disgrace.They are above everyone else and give the public no respect. How about Ginny eating sandwiches while Joe M was talking at the last meeting? By the way GS should be leaving soon, her house is for sale and spends most of time in South Jersey. When positions need to be filled, GS and BM decide by themselves who "THEY" want to get a job!

After receiving numerous phone calls about this with regards to the sandwich, I would like to apologize. It is true, but if you were at the meeting you would know that I had missed the closed session and had come directly from work.

Guest PLEASE BUY MY VOTE
"Concerned parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids"

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

JM Running because he doesn't want his kids to have to go to a Middle School on "That" side of town with "Those" kids. Thinks that his arrogance and money can buy him a seat on the BOE.

GK Out to get people back because of the Hockey Team incident. Always angry about something.

JO Pissed because he didn't get the assistant facilities position.

OH I FORGOT IT'S ABOUT KIDS

What is JM's name? If he has so much money that he is buying votes to get on a board that pays nothing then I could use some money. It could help to pay all the extra taxes I am paying now for the crazy salary and benefit plan the current BOE has given out. I read he helps out teams, organizations, The KPD and The KFD as well as other people who need help? I need help.

Guest Ginny Santos
There "lies" the problems. GS and BM! The way meetings are ran are a disgrace.They are above everyone else and give the public no respect. How about Ginny eating sandwiches while Joe M was talking at the last meeting? By the way GS should be leaving soon, her house is for sale and spends most of time in South Jersey. When positions need to be filled, GS and BM decide by themselves who "THEY" want to get a job!

I received several phone calls about this posting & thought I should respond. It is true that I had a sandwich at the last meeting, and under ordinary circumstances I would have done that in executive session with no public attendance. But I had come directly from work and missed executive session. I did wait until the business portion of the meeting was completed. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Guest SANITY and TRUTH
I was informed by a friend about this Kearny on the web and this is my first time ever looking at it.

My first question is why are peoples initials and not their names used? I have quite a bit more to ask all the people on this forum? Why would someone who is alledgedly arrogant and rich want to work for nothing and take all the typed abuse I see on this forum unless this JM truly cares about the kids? I read that John Cambell is currentl a BOE member and that he is the cousin of JM but when that was challanged it was never responded to so I assume that was another feeble attempt to slander this JM. I read a lot of negative things about this John Cambell ( Why is his full name and no one elses used? ) is he Hitlers grandson or something? The venom relating to this poor man is scary.

I can only assume that the person slandering this JM ( Is JM a Man or Woman?) is doing so because he/she is running against BMcD ? As an outsider looking in and reading all the prior posts JM has the right attitude and obviously the ability to be a BOE member. Why he/she would want to , other than to help the children in this town is beyond me. If he/she is arrogant and rich why not just stay out of the mudslinging and enjoy his/her money at home? It seems that JM is a very benevolent person with his wealth so that makes him a bad person? If he is rich why does he stay in Kearny? No insult to the town intended but there are nicer towns he could live in. JM obviously grew up in this town and was lucky enough to make a good living so the fact that he stays in the town he grew up in despite his money makes me think he is a loyal and honorable resident of the town. As far as buying a seat on the BOE, two things come to mind: 1st this is an unpaid position correct?, why would he want to buy a seat on an unpaid board? 2nd look at our political system and see how many millions of politicians own money goes into campagns for elected office so whats the issue?

Since the current BOE is in a shambles and seems to be nothing more than a rubber stamp for BMcD ( Is that person a Man or Woman?) and BMcD has been The BOE President for years with nothing good to show for it, BMcD should step aside and let fresh eyes look at and challange the issues .

GK ( Again is GK a man or woman?) I see that GK is a Policeman and a dedicated father who like JM is being slandered. The defensive post about the meeting where BMcD laughs at his son is so transparent that it is an insult to any sane persons intelligence. Laughing at children who try to be part of and experience the way government is run is sad and worthy of scorn. BMcD should be ashamed of herself. GK is another person who will get my vote.

In these troubled times a Policeman and a security expert on the BOE that protects out most precious things in life, OUR KIDS sounds like a GREAT thing to me.

BOM again not sure if this person is a Man or a Woman ? BOM is another family man who runs his own business. coaches and contributes to recreation teams and town events, has children in the system makes him an excellent candidate and worthy of my vote.

So in summing up my novice opinion we have JM/GK/BOM all respectable. honest, hard working parents of childeren in the Kearny school system who's main agenda is to do whats right for our kids or the othe current BOE Board who have done nothing but hire their friends and relatives is a no brainer.

I will take the Security expert, the Police Officer and the business owner every day of the week.

Great piece. You should run for the BOE? Wait a minute do you know Johm Cambell, JM/GK or BOM? If you do forget about it because they refuse to let the current Three Amigos remain on the BOE.

Guest RACIST FEAR MONGERING
"Concerned parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids"

"No Agendas"

OK HELLO

JM Running because he doesn't want his kids to have to go to a Middle School on "That" side of town with "Those" kids. Thinks that his arrogance and money can buy him a seat on the BOE.

GK Out to get people back because of the Hockey Team incident. Always angry about something.

JO Pissed because he didn't get the assistant facilities position.

OH I FORGOT IT'S ABOUT KIDS

What a shallow and pathetic person you are whoever wrote this garbage !!!!!! So the new approach to slandering the three new candidiates is to brand them racist or elitists ??? You must have trouble sleeping at night with your evil thoughts. Is your point supposed to be that the kids from the Southern end of our town are less important then the kids in the Northern end?? Disgusting and shameful on you. Because JM GK and BOM might not agree with The Middle School Concept that they in fact don't want there kids in a bad section of town? Are you for real???

Desperate is the only thing I can think of to describe a person of such low moral fiber such as the writter of this post.

Would you want to send your child to school on the complete other end of town if you purchased a home that happened to be on the opposit side of this insane Middle School Concept? I KNOW NOT , so get off this BS racist and hate mongering crap you are posting.

The current BOE members are all about giving jobs to their croonies.

Whoever is elected there should be an immediate review of all the past hiring practices to see if any laws were brooken in the BMcD era. Her best friend FH got her husband JH a job as a janitor and did nothing when JH assaulted an other janitor? How many daughters as teachers in Kearny is enough AD ? JS do you have a position on anything other than forwarding the Middle School fiasco ahead?

The latest BS is that the BOE members that were all for The Middle Scholl have seen the uproar and now they are against it. If you think thats true give your life savings to Bernie Madoff.

Guest Guest
Enough said. JM/GK/BOM vote April 20th and set our town free from the corruption and wasteful spending.

It never ceases to amaze me, the ones that do nothing have the most to say.

Guest Kearny Cardinal for Life
I was informed by a friend about this Kearny on the web and this is my first time ever looking at it.

My first question is why are peoples initials and not their names used? I have quite a bit more to ask all the people on this forum? Why would someone who is alledgedly arrogant and rich want to work for nothing and take all the typed abuse I see on this forum unless this JM truly cares about the kids? I read that John Cambell is currentl a BOE member and that he is the cousin of JM but when that was challanged it was never responded to so I assume that was another feeble attempt to slander this JM. I read a lot of negative things about this John Cambell ( Why is his full name and no one elses used? ) is he Hitlers grandson or something? The venom relating to this poor man is scary.

I can only assume that the person slandering this JM ( Is JM a Man or Woman?) is doing so because he/she is running against BMcD ? As an outsider looking in and reading all the prior posts JM has the right attitude and obviously the ability to be a BOE member. Why he/she would want to , other than to help the children in this town is beyond me. If he/she is arrogant and rich why not just stay out of the mudslinging and enjoy his/her money at home? It seems that JM is a very benevolent person with his wealth so that makes him a bad person? If he is rich why does he stay in Kearny? No insult to the town intended but there are nicer towns he could live in. JM obviously grew up in this town and was lucky enough to make a good living so the fact that he stays in the town he grew up in despite his money makes me think he is a loyal and honorable resident of the town. As far as buying a seat on the BOE, two things come to mind: 1st this is an unpaid position correct?, why would he want to buy a seat on an unpaid board? 2nd look at our political system and see how many millions of politicians own money goes into campagns for elected office so whats the issue?

Since the current BOE is in a shambles and seems to be nothing more than a rubber stamp for BMcD ( Is that person a Man or Woman?) and BMcD has been The BOE President for years with nothing good to show for it, BMcD should step aside and let fresh eyes look at and challange the issues .

GK ( Again is GK a man or woman?) I see that GK is a Policeman and a dedicated father who like JM is being slandered. The defensive post about the meeting where BMcD laughs at his son is so transparent that it is an insult to any sane persons intelligence. Laughing at children who try to be part of and experience the way government is run is sad and worthy of scorn. BMcD should be ashamed of herself. GK is another person who will get my vote.

In these troubled times a Policeman and a security expert on the BOE that protects out most precious things in life, OUR KIDS sounds like a GREAT thing to me.

BOM again not sure if this person is a Man or a Woman ? BOM is another family man who runs his own business. coaches and contributes to recreation teams and town events, has children in the system makes him an excellent candidate and worthy of my vote.

So in summing up my novice opinion we have JM/GK/BOM all respectable. honest, hard working parents of childeren in the Kearny school system who's main agenda is to do whats right for our kids or the othe current BOE Board who have done nothing but hire their friends and relatives is a no brainer.

I will take the Security expert, the Police Officer and the business owner every day of the week.

JM/GK and BOM are all men. I LOVE your write up and commend your opinion of the situation.

Guest Lock and Load
Enough said. JM/GK/BOM vote April 20th and set our town free from the corruption and wasteful spending.

If today at 11:00 AM was the deadline to file is there a list of what people are running and if so who are they?

Since it is now a matter of Public Record can we finally stop with the initials and get the full names of the candidiates?

I know the names already but lots ofother people are not aware that JM= John Munro GK= George King and BOM= Bob O'Malley

Munro

King

O'Malley

THATS THE TICKET

Guest Can't take the heat
If you want to comment on the BOE members, go ahead. But to comment on their children is disgusting. If I was JM, GK or RO, I would be embarassed that someone like you was voting for me!

Normally I would agree with you that any mention of someones kids or family are 100% out of bounds and tasteless but, in this instance you have current BOE members giving their kids teaching jobs and bullying school coaches into putting them on teams they aren't qualified to be on or playing for while illegally and immorally using their position to further their own agendas. Sounds just like what we are all against.

Let's talk about BMcD sending someone to John Cambells home with a tape recorder in an attempt to get damaging information against him. John Cambells wife was present and has nothing to do with the BOE so practice what you preach when you want courtesy and respect.

Last but not least these boards are not attached to any accountability so it's open season.

As far as JM/GK and BOM being embarassed about someone they don't know or control is just ridiculous

for someone to say. It's their fault that someone has an opinion that offends you. GROW UP

Guest FED UP
The three up for election this cycle are:

Bernadette McDonald

Allan Doffont

Joe Sgalia

Not sure on who is running, only hearing some rumors

HOT OFF THE PRESS ALAN DOFFONT IS RUNNING FOR THE BOE IN THE HOPES OF WINNING AND THEN QUITING SO BMcD CAN APPOINT ANOTHER OF HER CROONIES TO VOTE THE WAY SHE WANTS.

Guest Guest

Corruption and wateful spending????????

Wasn't there a surplus in excess of over four million dollars above the allowable surplus???????

Sounds like they didn't spend enough???????????

Guest guest

This sure looks like a phony post by "concerned new comer". The poster asks if GK and BOM are male or female and then refers to them as "family men" and "dedicated father". Clearly 'concerned new comer" has and angenda

Guest Guest

What the heck is going on with Kearny Schools? Personally, me and my family will be voting for any new blood onto the BOE. GK is perfect for the Board, if it is true he is running we could surely use his integrity on the BOE. I wish I could decipher who the others are, but new is good, out with the old.

There needs to be a TOTAL reorganization of our school hierarchy, starting with the KHS Administration. At first I thought it was good Digesere was coming back, but it is quickly turning into a disaster. The reigns have to be pulled in and the unnecessary spending must stop. At one meeting BOE member LS stated she did not care about the legal fees, and the Board proceeded in a wreckless manner about an issue that could have been resolved much cheaper.

As asked previously, why are there so many VP's in the High School? Having an A.D. at a Vice Principal's pay is just utterly ridiculous. Not to metion the A.D. has TWO secretaries. It's not like Kearny has such a high profile athletic program, things have been really down for years. You would think that with 2 Gym Teachers in the KHS Administration the Athletic teams would be more successful. They have gotten WORSE. Under previous Administrators like Mr Deserafino, Mr Gillespie, Mr Valanzola and most especially Mr Aulisi Sports at KHS were truly GREAT. Man, do we miss Mr Borgess in the BOE. Dr Onembo was awesome too. These guys oversaw successful athletic teams, without seeking false adulation and constantly spinning how great Kearny currently is sports-wise. Sports that used to be staples of success are now just also-ran programs or worse. The Basketball team, boys I am referring to, is a joke. The constant drama surrounding baseball is comical. Football, well, nothing needs to be said here on how bad that has gotten, and Kearny hasn't seen a good team in 60 years.

Today, these "guys" are only concerned with collecting huge paychecks on the taxpayer's dime and playing politics. There is not one stand up administrator looking out for the best interests of the students. Just a bunch of kiss-ass politicians getting paid six digits for jobs that can be done 10 times better at half the cost.

What is with this PR, V.P. of Discipline? When was this initiated? Mr Kirk did a far better job, and did it for far LESS money. How did a Music Teacher rise to this level? One shutters to think. But this is truly a waste of taxpayer money. getting paid $150,000 to take attendence? to hand out detentions? And what is becoming of these kids. Kearny has the highest suspension rate in the entire State, 3 TIMES ABOVE THE STATE AVERAGE! (See city data... http://www.city-data.com/school/kearny-high-school-nj.html) Kearny always brags about "keeping the bad element out". This is a joke. It is just a racist comment. First of all, just look at what is coming off the buses and you can see that any residency checks are just futile. There are a lot of good kids in Kearny, and some kids that do wrong things. What we do is throw kids out of school instead of working hard and rehabilitaing them. It is easy to throw them to the curb. Much harder to do some work for all that pay and mold kids, get them into colleges instead of copping out and getting them into penitentiaries.

Has there ever been accountability for all the money lost out on from the federal funds to noise-proof the school? Why has there been construction scafolding up around the school for 10 years? The Field turf field in the stadium is already shot from over-use, and Cali won't be paying for another field this time, so god knows when that will be replaced, god-forbid we spend on the kids instead of principals having second and third vacation homes.

Current BOE Members. MOST OF THEM, like PC, JC, DS, BM in particular, are ONLY on the Board for SELF INTEREST. period. They do NO good on the Board. WE NEED CHANGE! So if GK, a good guy, and others run with NEW ideas and agendas, I implore you Kearny, get out and vote, and vote these people on, WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS UP.

Guest Budget Blunder

Wasn't there a surplus in excess of over four million dollars above the allowable surplus???????

How about they (existing BOE) do not how to put a REALISTIC budget together!?

There was a surplus of over 6 million dollars ($6,000,000) how about poor planning! There was over 3 million dollars that no one knew the EX-BA was stashing away.

Now how much TAXPAYERS dollars was wasted on useless spending because over budgeting??? The mentality is we have the money so we have to spend it!

Now the State of NJ sees the excess and now says you are not getting 3.8 million next year from us because you don't need it! THANK YOU BOE !!!

SO, quite possibly, over $8,000,000, (6,000,000 plus another 2,000,000 in waste) could have been left off the taxpayers plate at the last budget! Now try to cry to Trenton that you need money! Not getting it!

The moral of the story........ surplus does not mean that a boy! Realistic numbers and a balanced budget is the right way to do it.

Time for people who GET IT!

Guest Bean Counter

That's extremely misleading. State aid to Kearny schools almost doubled in the last 5 years. The real question is where did all that extra money go? Even with generous 4% contract settlements, that still only gets you 1/5 of all that extra aid.

Guest Guest
Normally I would agree with you that any mention of someones kids or family are 100% out of bounds and tasteless but, in this instance you have current BOE members giving their kids teaching jobs and bullying school coaches into putting them on teams they aren't qualified to be on or playing for while illegally and immorally using their position to further their own agendas. Sounds just like what we are all against.

Let's talk about BMcD sending someone to John Cambells home with a tape recorder in an attempt to get damaging information against him. John Cambells wife was present and has nothing to do with the BOE so practice what you preach when you want courtesy and respect.

Last but not least these boards are not attached to any accountability so it's open season.

As far as JM/GK and BOM being embarassed about someone they don't know or control is just ridiculous

for someone to say. It's their fault that someone has an opinion that offends you. GROW UP

I did not say it was their fault, I said if I were any of them I would be embarassed that someone voting for me would comment in this manner.

Guest Unethical Conduct BMcD

Lets try talking to you as if you were two years old. CORRUPTION = Using your position on the BOE to further you, your family or your friends through jobs, special favors or contracts.

Wasteful Spending= The Superintendents salary and benefits package, all his Asst. Super and VP salaries and benefits, KL BOE attorney recieving medical benefits etc. The surplus will be gone faster than the current BOE when all the little goodie bags the current BOE approved kick in.

GET IT NOW ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lets talk about illegal and unethical preferential treatment for The BOE President's family member. This week is parent teacher conferences. Can someone explain how BMcD childs soccer team Kearny United was able to obtain Franklin School for a Mid NJ SAGE meeting this Wednesday 3/3/10 form 7:30-9:00 PM ????????

This is the same friend of BMcD FH that got JH hired as a custodian by The BOE. Did BMcD friend FH and Kearny United pay for this priveldge like Thistle had to??????????? CORRUPTION CORRUPTION and for those cool aid drinkers of the current BOE CORRUPTION.

TIME FOR A FULL INVESTIGATION INTO THE UNETHICAL AND ILLEGAL ACTIONS OF BMcD and the hiring of JH and the favoritism given to her friends Kearny United Soccer Team.

Guest Kearny United Scandal

The next BOE meeting needs to address the flagrant abuse of power and unethical behavior BMcD shows to Kearny United and her friends FH and JH. JH is a BOE janitor hired by BMcD. FH is her best friend.

Count the number of teams from both organizations and tell me how it can possibly be fair for them to split gym use equally??? Thistle has almost twice as many teams and has been in this town for decades. Kearny United was started by FH/JH because they had bruised egos and were not elected back into the Thistle Board after FH threw a hissy fit and quit. BMcD has a child on Kearny United and does everything she can to both punish and charge Thistle Soccer and give the schools away to Kearny United.

Disgraceful that this is occuring so blatantly in our town.

Now add Hockey and other sports snubs to the mix and there is a very disturbing pattern here.

Guest Guest

Are u kidding? These people will NEVER police themselves. What is going on is a JOKE.

Whether you like him or not, John Leadbeater came up with a good idea. He organized a few functions and got people OUT to vote. We DESPARATELY need that with this very BOE election. GK is a great start and will instantly bring credibility back to this board.

WE NEED ACTION. Organize and get people out to vote. 20 votes in a BOE election is HUGE. Show up at the BOE meetings, make these disasters accountable. I mean, current BOE member JC (KOTW, why do we have to use initials for elected officials?) voted to discipline KHS football players for stealing when in fact he himself had stolen a coach's jacket. BOE member PC came completely intoxicated to another game. So while we are disciplining students nothing was done about the flagrant behavior of the BOE members.

So now GET THESE 3 NEW CANDIDATES ON THE BOE. Make a difference. Add 3 more new ones next year and the tax=payers can regain control of the Board and start making changes. We do not need all these VP's in the High School. We do not need Assistant Supts. Come on now. Stop the insanity! If anything get us more teachers! There should be a hockey team. Why do Kearny Students who like hockey have to go to St Peter's? We are a Group 4 School damnit! One of the things a big public should at the very least have is options!

What the hell happened to our Marching Band? That is also a disgrace now. Has ANYTHING improved at the High School in the past 4 years? Can anybody name ONE THING that has improved?

Here is another GREAT question. We as parents were told that we needed the school uniforms in the High School for security purposes. But periodically, there are "dress down" days in which the students can "buy" (can u f'n believe that?) the opportunity to NOT wear the uniform and wear whatever they want. So let me get this straight, explain it to me like I am a 5 year old. On those days is the security of our students less important? If you have $5 you can be unsafe? Why the contradiction people? I am sure the double-talking, inconsistent, BS filled KHS administration will come up with some lame excuse why this is so, after all these kiss a$$e$ are best at playing politics with the BOE.

GK and his ticket should organize a function that voters can come, and create a plan where we MAKE SURE we get the public out to vote some integrity back onto the BOE. The time is NOW.

PS; And this is accurate, KOTW at least gives a venue where we can voice opinions WITHOUT concern over repercussions against our children, which most definitely happens. A+That is for another thread

The next BOE meeting needs to address the flagrant abuse of power and unethical behavior BMcD shows to Kearny United and her friends FH and JH. JH is a BOE janitor hired by BMcD. FH is her best friend.

Count the number of teams from both organizations and tell me how it can possibly be fair for them to split gym use equally??? Thistle has almost twice as many teams and has been in this town for decades. Kearny United was started by FH/JH because they had bruised egos and were not elected back into the Thistle Board after FH threw a hissy fit and quit. BMcD has a child on Kearny United and does everything she can to both punish and charge Thistle Soccer and give the schools away to Kearny United.

Disgraceful that this is occuring so blatantly in our town.

Now add Hockey and other sports snubs to the mix and there is a very disturbing pattern here.

Guest Embarassed and Nieve
I did not say it was their fault, I said if I were any of them I would be embarassed that someone voting for me would comment in this manner.

You said you would be embarassed that someone voting for JM/GK or BOM would tell the truth? There were no insults to BMcD's child just another instance of her abusing her position to further her child and friends.

You should be embarassed that you support all the dirty deeds being done and the current BOE for allowing it.

Guest Amen alley
This sure looks like a phony post by "concerned new comer". The poster asks if GK and BOM are male or female and then refers to them as "family men" and "dedicated father". Clearly 'concerned new comer" has and angenda

I agree. Sounds like "concerned new comer" has an agenda but I must say its a compelling agenda worthy of a read and look at, on the other hand it could be a post by the current BOE trio trying to cast doubts.

Who really knows ? Bottom line is all these posts are from individuals who remain in the shadows.

What better than an old fashion face to face show down. All the internet tough guys and gals would not have the fortitude or courage to say things on these posts to their faces.

Guest Very Disturbing Post
Lets try talking to you as if you were two years old. CORRUPTION = Using your position on the BOE to further you, your family or your friends through jobs, special favors or contracts.

Wasteful Spending= The Superintendents salary and benefits package, all his Asst. Super and VP salaries and benefits, KL BOE attorney recieving medical benefits etc. The surplus will be gone faster than the current BOE when all the little goodie bags the current BOE approved kick in.

GET IT NOW ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lets talk about illegal and unethical preferential treatment for The BOE President's family member. This week is parent teacher conferences. Can someone explain how BMcD childs soccer team Kearny United was able to obtain Franklin School for a Mid NJ SAGE meeting this Wednesday 3/3/10 form 7:30-9:00 PM ????????

This is the same friend of BMcD FH that got JH hired as a custodian by The BOE. Did BMcD friend FH and Kearny United pay for this priveldge like Thistle had to??????????? CORRUPTION CORRUPTION and for those cool aid drinkers of the current BOE CORRUPTION.

TIME FOR A FULL INVESTIGATION INTO THE UNETHICAL AND ILLEGAL ACTIONS OF BMcD and the hiring of JH and the favoritism given to her friends Kearny United Soccer Team.

How can someone find out if Kearny United payed or not? If Thistle had to pay then Kearny United better have or BMcD needs to be criminally prosecuted and made to resign immedietly.

Any information on how to obtain the truth in this matter would be appreciated and followed up on in court if needed. This is shameful and if true disgraceful.

Guest Guest

Oh, its getting a little chippy. Now go to your neutral corners wait for the bell and come out fighting!!! This election just might be worth watching. :lol:

What the heck is going on with Kearny Schools? Personally, me and my family will be voting for any new blood onto the BOE. GK is perfect for the Board, if it is true he is running we could surely use his integrity on the BOE. I wish I could decipher who the others are, but new is good, out with the old.

There needs to be a TOTAL reorganization of our school hierarchy, starting with the KHS Administration. At first I thought it was good Digesere was coming back, but it is quickly turning into a disaster. The reigns have to be pulled in and the unnecessary spending must stop. At one meeting BOE member LS stated she did not care about the legal fees, and the Board proceeded in a wreckless manner about an issue that could have been resolved much cheaper.

As asked previously, why are there so many VP's in the High School? Having an A.D. at a Vice Principal's pay is just utterly ridiculous. Not to metion the A.D. has TWO secretaries. It's not like Kearny has such a high profile athletic program, things have been really down for years. You would think that with 2 Gym Teachers in the KHS Administration the Athletic teams would be more successful. They have gotten WORSE. Under previous Administrators like Mr Deserafino, Mr Gillespie, Mr Valanzola and most especially Mr Aulisi Sports at KHS were truly GREAT. Man, do we miss Mr Borgess in the BOE. Dr Onembo was awesome too. These guys oversaw successful athletic teams, without seeking false adulation and constantly spinning how great Kearny currently is sports-wise. Sports that used to be staples of success are now just also-ran programs or worse. The Basketball team, boys I am referring to, is a joke. The constant drama surrounding baseball is comical. Football, well, nothing needs to be said here on how bad that has gotten, and Kearny hasn't seen a good team in 60 years.

Today, these "guys" are only concerned with collecting huge paychecks on the taxpayer's dime and playing politics. There is not one stand up administrator looking out for the best interests of the students. Just a bunch of kiss-ass politicians getting paid six digits for jobs that can be done 10 times better at half the cost.

What is with this PR, V.P. of Discipline? When was this initiated? Mr Kirk did a far better job, and did it for far LESS money. How did a Music Teacher rise to this level? One shutters to think. But this is truly a waste of taxpayer money. getting paid $150,000 to take attendence? to hand out detentions? And what is becoming of these kids. Kearny has the highest suspension rate in the entire State, 3 TIMES ABOVE THE STATE AVERAGE! (See city data... http://www.city-data.com/school/kearny-high-school-nj.html) Kearny always brags about "keeping the bad element out". This is a joke. It is just a racist comment. First of all, just look at what is coming off the buses and you can see that any residency checks are just futile. There are a lot of good kids in Kearny, and some kids that do wrong things. What we do is throw kids out of school instead of working hard and rehabilitaing them. It is easy to throw them to the curb. Much harder to do some work for all that pay and mold kids, get them into colleges instead of copping out and getting them into penitentiaries.

Has there ever been accountability for all the money lost out on from the federal funds to noise-proof the school? Why has there been construction scafolding up around the school for 10 years? The Field turf field in the stadium is already shot from over-use, and Cali won't be paying for another field this time, so god knows when that will be replaced, god-forbid we spend on the kids instead of principals having second and third vacation homes.

Current BOE Members. MOST OF THEM, like PC, JC, DS, BM in particular, are ONLY on the Board for SELF INTEREST. period. They do NO good on the Board. WE NEED CHANGE! So if GK, a good guy, and others run with NEW ideas and agendas, I implore you Kearny, get out and vote, and vote these people on, WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS UP.

I wouldn't want to comment on the nonsense written here, but when I am referred to in a post, I feel I must set the record straight. I NEVER made a statement at a BOE meeting that I didn't care about the cost of legal fees. Please post the minutes from the meeting you are referring.