BOE

Guest Wondering

Does anyone have any idea who is going to be running for BOE?

I haven't heard any names yet. I'll bet 2 smoot can tell you who's running for BOE in Wocester, Massachusetts though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't heard any names yet. I'll bet 2 smoot can tell you who's running for BOE in Wocester, Massachusetts though.

Rumor has it that John Campbell is interviewing four possible candidates to run on his ticket for the three open seats this April.

-G***** K***

-C**** B*****

-J*** M*****

-J*** O*******

Guest OkeeDokee
Rumor has it that John Campbell is interviewing four possible candidates to run on his ticket for the three open seats this April.

-G***** K***

-C**** B*****

-J*** M*****

-J*** O*******

:lol: John Campbell is interviewing candidates to run on his ticket? What ticket? John Campbell isn't even running this year! His term is up next year. What is he, the Emperor of the KBOE??? He couldn't even garner enough support to win his own ward when he ran for councilman. I hope that any candidates he is supporting are smart enough to know not to "borrow" the coats of any of the sports teams coaches (without permission). They don't really like it when he does that....

:lol: John Campbell is interviewing candidates to run on his ticket? What ticket? John Campbell isn't even running this year! His term is up next year. What is he, the Emperor of the KBOE??? He couldn't even garner enough support to win his own ward when he ran for councilman. I hope that any candidates he is supporting are smart enough to know not to "borrow" the coats of any of the sports teams coaches (without permission). They don't really like it when he does that....

Evidently he must think so because he walks around the district like he's the Emperor. (Napoleon?)

Guest NOAGENDA

The people you indicated as running for the BOE are not part of John Campells team or ticket!!!

They are concerend parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids and will evaluate all issues on theire merits not biased opinions or agendas.

Guest *No Agenda*

The candidates you mentioned are all long time Kearny residents who don't need or want John Campbells input or approval to do a job that is needed for the kids of our town.

The biased post just shows the business as usual ( Do nothing) mentality the current board has.

The Jacket Scandal? REALLY

Give us all a break and get a life.

The people you indicated as running for the BOE are not part of John Campells team or ticket??? That very well may be true but somebody should tell John Campbell that. He speaks very highly of all of them, acting as if he is their campaign manager. He is even telling people that he meets (because he is already campaigning on their behalf) that THEY are HIS ticket. Some clarity from the potential candidates would be nice. The election is coming soon and I wouldn't vote for any one he is supporting.

The people you indicated as running for the BOE are not part of John Campells team or ticket??? That very well may be true but somebody should tell John Campbell that. He speaks very highly of all of them, acting as if he is their campaign manager. He is even telling people that he meets (because he is already campaigning on their behalf) that THEY are HIS ticket. Some clarity from the potential candidates would be nice. The election is coming soon and I wouldn't vote for any one he is supporting.

The FBI is supposedly investigating ****** for unaccounted for book fees.

Guest NOAGENDA

John Cambell and everyone else who knows the individuals who may or may not run speaks very highly of them because they are outstanding parents and contribute to this town in many different ways. People can say whatever they want remember this is America. If your vote is contingent upon people joining the insane Jacket Scandal debate and distancing yourself from anyone who won't be bullied or pushed around by the current BOE and their petty backstabbing then so be it.

Perhaps you should wait until after March 1st to expect clarity from any potential candidiates that is when the petitions are filed and the BOE race begins?

Let's ask some real questions about the quality of education and the upcoming school budgets and the middle school topics instead of smearing people with no true understanding of what actually occured and not the hype/lies of opponents.

The people you indicated as running for the BOE are not part of John Campells team or ticket!!!

They are concerend parents who want to make sure the right thing is done for all the kids and will evaluate all issues on theire merits not biased opinions or agendas.

Take a look at all the people running together. JM is John Campbells cousin, enough said on that one. GK is a friend of a newly appointed administrator. RO already works for the school as a private contractor. They all have a connection. Just connect the dots!

Guest Board Watcher
Does anyone know the status of the Kearny High School Jacket Scandal involving Mr. Campbell? I heard him say that the FBI was investigating? Any Info?

If there is to be any investigation, it should be of the existing Board of Education. ALL incumbents must be voted out!

Does anyone know the status of the Kearny High School Jacket Scandal involving Mr. Campbell? I heard him say that the FBI was investigating? Any Info?

You should be more concerned with the laptop scandal, or the Disney scandal, or the soccer coach scandal from a few years ago. Take your pick.

Guest The Sports Doctor

Here is a couple of great questions. I'll preface it with some common knowledge.

Over half our property taxes go towards the public education system here in Kearny. The Town of Kearny has done a lot of streamlining in an effort to lower taxes. Whether you agree or disagree with Santos or D'Arco (I personally do NOT like either), at least they have done a decent job of keeping down taxes on their end.

OK here are my questions. We would LOVE honest answers that leave out politics. For the purposes of this post we will relegate it to the High School.

Why are there 4 (YES FOUR) vice principals? Back in the days when I went to Kearny High there was ONE> The AD back in the day made somewheres around $60K. Now the A.D. is a VICE PRINCIPAL and makes $150,000!!!!!! Are you kidding me? and he is doing a mediocre job at best, some would even say horrible. Sports in Kearny are at an all time low, and participation is down at least 50%. The basketball team is a complete JOKE. Baseball has serious problems, The football team has regressed and a great coach had to leave due to the fact he got ZERO support and found out he was even being sabotaged. No sport has won any state championship, the best is the Bowling team won a sectional. The band, a Kearny staple for years, has numbers at 1/3 of what they used to be.

Speaking of bands, what is with the Music teacher being elevated to V.P. of Discipline, making $150,000? Mr Kirk was a much better disciplinarian, and didn't go out of his way to hurt kids. Kearny has the highest suspensin rate in the entire state, 4 times above the STATE AVERAGE. So we now have an attendence V.P.? Is this necessary? If u streamlined these 2 positions alone u would save a lot of taxpayer burden.

There are other things to streamline the High School without reducing the quality of education one bit. Too many secretaries in the athletic office, and there are enormous amounts of foul-ups anyway. There are paid hall monitors that could be covered by teachers on their breaks. hhhmmmm we couldn't do that because then they would have to let go relatives of current BOE members.

While tax payers are asked to tighten up our budgets, the BOE continues to spend in an undisciplined manner. They pay so much in legal defenses unnecessarily. The new Superintendent is just a political puppet who will have no real impact in the quality of education increasing.

I say there MUST be changes that will make sense and save money. We need to have a team come together and run for the BOE who will make a difference immediately and get rid of the Good Ole' boy network. NOW IS THE TIME.

Guest NOAGENDA
Take a look at all the people running together. JM is John Campbells cousin, enough said on that one. GK is a friend of a newly appointed administrator. RO already works for the school as a private contractor. They all have a connection. Just connect the dots!

As usual from the peanut gallery. JM is NOT John Cambells cousin so that's a LIE. GK is a friend of someone so there is a conspiracy there LIE. RO works for the school. SO WHAT ? Connect what dots ????????????

They all have a connection is the only truth in your post !!!!!! They all have kids in the school system. They are all well respected in the town. Most importantly they are all looking out for the kids in this town.

Now look at the existing candidates. BMcD has more friends of friends working for the BOE than anyone. AD has how many daughters teaching in Kearny and one more to go. JS has an agenda as well. Connect those dots.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Bottom line is CHANGE IS COMING

Guest All for Newbies

That has to be one of the weakest statements made! "GK is a friend of a newly appointed administrator" Oh my! The person has been hired ALREADY and what connection is this? He is not coming in hiring all his family and friends like the existing board. ( GS, BM ) "RO already works for the school as a private contractor" This one is really good! The guy will be taking money off his plate if he wins, because he can no longer do work for the board if he wins, and this is connected how!? Sounds to me like he could be one of the most sincere candidates in some time! Giving up making a living to do a non-paying job. Keep drinking your Kool-aid!

Guest In the know
Here is a couple of great questions. I'll preface it with some common knowledge.

Over half our property taxes go towards the public education system here in Kearny. The Town of Kearny has done a lot of streamlining in an effort to lower taxes. Whether you agree or disagree with Santos or D'Arco (I personally do NOT like either), at least they have done a decent job of keeping down taxes on their end.

OK here are my questions. We would LOVE honest answers that leave out politics. For the purposes of this post we will relegate it to the High School.

Why are there 4 (YES FOUR) vice principals? Back in the days when I went to Kearny High there was ONE> The AD back in the day made somewheres around $60K. Now the A.D. is a VICE PRINCIPAL and makes $150,000!!!!!! Are you kidding me? and he is doing a mediocre job at best, some would even say horrible. Sports in Kearny are at an all time low, and participation is down at least 50%. The basketball team is a complete JOKE. Baseball has serious problems, The football team has regressed and a great coach had to leave due to the fact he got ZERO support and found out he was even being sabotaged. No sport has won any state championship, the best is the Bowling team won a sectional. The band, a Kearny staple for years, has numbers at 1/3 of what they used to be.

Speaking of bands, what is with the Music teacher being elevated to V.P. of Discipline, making $150,000? Mr Kirk was a much better disciplinarian, and didn't go out of his way to hurt kids. Kearny has the highest suspensin rate in the entire state, 4 times above the STATE AVERAGE. So we now have an attendence V.P.? Is this necessary? If u streamlined these 2 positions alone u would save a lot of taxpayer burden.

There are other things to streamline the High School without reducing the quality of education one bit. Too many secretaries in the athletic office, and there are enormous amounts of foul-ups anyway. There are paid hall monitors that could be covered by teachers on their breaks. hhhmmmm we couldn't do that because then they would have to let go relatives of current BOE members.

While tax payers are asked to tighten up our budgets, the BOE continues to spend in an undisciplined manner. They pay so much in legal defenses unnecessarily. The new Superintendent is just a political puppet who will have no real impact in the quality of education increasing.

I say there MUST be changes that will make sense and save money. We need to have a team come together and run for the BOE who will make a difference immediately and get rid of the Good Ole' boy network. NOW IS THE TIME.

Just to set the record straight, there are only 3 vice principals - MB - curriculum, JM - athletics and PR - discipline. Paid hall monitors are in place because teachers do not get breaks, they get prep time which is suppose to be spent preparing for their classes. I do agree that Mr. Kirk did a great job, but somewhere along the way things changed and now everyone is part of a union and good luck trying to get rid of positons already in place. Hats off to anyone who can.

Why?

There are so many reasons why that it would take a week to type.

BMcD is a self centered, non approachable individual with MANY HIDDEN agendas. Jobs for her friends husband like FH, unrealtistic demands for her kids soccer practice time at OUR schools and many underhanded other actions.

She literally laughed at our children when they requested an opportunity to play hockey at an BOE meeting. Thats right laughed at our kids. She should be run out of town not just off the BOE.

I could go on and on but why waste the time.

She and her lock step ticket need to move on and let our kids be treated with respect not scorn.

BMcD is a self centered, non approachable individual with MANY HIDDEN agendas. Jobs for her friends husband like FH, unrealtistic demands for her kids soccer practice time at OUR schools and many underhanded other actions.

She literally laughed at our children when they requested an opportunity to play hockey at an BOE meeting. Thats right laughed at our kids. She should be run out of town not just off the BOE.

She and her lock step ticket need to move on and let our kids be treated with respect not scorn.

It's game on now.

What do you think of the Superintendent proposing to have several Assistant Superintendents?

First off I was at the meeting when the BOE was approached by GK to start a hockey team. The kids NEVER spoke. BM did laugh, but not at that. She was apparently discussing something with GS prior to GK speaking and that is what took place. GK is running for a hockey team. The BM ticket is running for the townspeople!