* Solemn Applause For Pay Increases

JohnPinho

You got that right!! I pay more than $360 A MONTH for my benefits!! $360 a year is NOTHING!! and now the mayor is threatening to cut hours in the community center, library, etc. If mostly part time people were laid off why can't the full time people that are left just do what they've been getting paid over $100,000 a year to do. Or even better, make them all part time - work four hours a day, four shifts, no benefits, we can have longer hours and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper!!!!!

You have been mislead. The library is losing 50% of the staff. Not one of them or the employees staying on earn $100,000. Hey, maybe we can have them work , 24/7, no benefits and take away any lunch time!!!

Guest OTJ1987
YOUR STATEMENT MAKES SENSE. bUT YOU HAVE THE FIRE UNIONS TO CONTEND WITH WHO WILL RESIST IT. WHY YOUR AT IT WHY NOT DO THE SAME THING WITH THE POLICE DEPT. MAKE IT A WEST HUDSON PD WITH 1 CHIEF WHICH WOULD BE THE KEARNY CHIEF WHO ACTUALLY LIVES IN KEARNY AND IS DEDICATED. YEARS AGO HARRISON COULD AFFORD THE HFD. BUT SINCE THE INDUSTIRES MOVED OUT AND RODGERS MADE THE DEAL WITH THE STATE TO SHARE THE GROSS RECEIPT TAX, IT'S BEEN ALL DOWNHILL. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH MCDONOUGH IS THAT HE HAS FAVORED HIS FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AND GIVEN THEM HIGH PAYING OR MORE THEN 1 JOB. HE HAS TRIED TO REDEVELOP HARRISON WHEN RODGERS RAN IT TO THE GROUND AFTER HE HAD TAKEN ALL THE GOODIES.

WTF makes you think the guys from Kearny want to deal with you whining little pussbags in Harrison??? Although I can see now if some of the big mouths here screw with KPD guys they'll get a quick trip to the HC jail...by way of the Emergency room.

COuld someone please educate me on the whole pension thing. I don't get it. I don't know of anyone who doesn't work for the government who has a pension plan. We all have to save for our retirement out of our paychecks. Is the pension that gov. employees get the same as the money they've paid in or is it additional money paid by the taxpayers?

I don't work for the Govt and I have a pension plan. I know now a days I'm the exception to the rule but that doesn't mean we don't exist.

WTF makes you think the guys from Kearny want to deal with you whining little pussbags in Harrison??? Although I can see now if some of the big mouths here screw with KPD guys they'll get a quick trip to the HC jail...by way of the Emergency room.

If you don' give them a choice they will and if the mayors get together there should not be a problem. If the firemen don't like it, well THAN LEAVE!

You know this crap about the town employees paying $360/yr for thier benefits is crap! I pay almost $200/month towards mine and the towns benefits are 100% better than mine. They should be paying ten times $360/yr for their benefits especailly with the salaries they make. Also I think the ones that live out of town should have to pay a tax to Harrison, a percentage, because they don't give anything back to this town just take home to some other town a fat paycheck! And they don't even spend any of it in this town. I am tired of paying high salaries to out of towners! LIVE IN HARRISON OR PAY! I DON'T CARE IF ITS AGAINST YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT! Why should I pay you over $100,000 and at 4:30 you leave and go live in another town with cheaper taxes and I am left paying such high taxes for a sh*ty little lot so you can make big bucks answereing the telphone. I hope that Christie comes in and cleans this house good!

Blame the early 1990's NAACP court case for that one. Instead of helping themselves, they ended up helping the town hall emplioyees who could now live outside of Harrison and still apply to work in town which they could't do 'before' the NAACP court case. I bet the' employees are extremely happy with Judge D's decision on the matter.

The NAACP bit itself on the behind with that one. It kinda backfired.

You got that right!! I pay more than $360 A MONTH for my benefits!! $360 a year is NOTHING!! and now the mayor is threatening to cut hours in the community center, library, etc. If mostly part time people were laid off why can't the full time people that are left just do what they've been getting paid over $100,000 a year to do. Or even better, make them all part time - work four hours a day, four shifts, no benefits, we can have longer hours and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper!!!!!

Not all town workers make $ 100,000.00 a year. only the chosen few. the rest struggle with their small paychecks and high taxes just like you. People should get this straight.