TOWN MEETING-THEY DID IT AGAIN!

Guest dogretired

Guest dogretired

The town held a meeting on January 1st, a national public holiday at 12 noon according to a notice on the town website. If this really occurred, then it is a slap in the face to all residents and a clear sign that they are using steamroller tactics to pass resolutions without any public input. What are they so afraid of? When was the notice placed on the website, five minutes before the meeting? This is a total outrage! Holding a meeting on a holiday weekend when many people are away with family and friends is a total callous disregard of everyone residing in Harrison.

Guest BlueTideBacker

The town held a meeting on January 1st, a national public holiday at 12 noon according to a notice on the town website. If this really occurred, then it is a slap in the face to all residents and a clear sign that they are using steamroller tactics to pass resolutions without any public input. What are they so afraid of? When was the notice placed on the website, five minutes before the meeting? This is a total outrage! Holding a meeting on a holiday weekend when many people are away with family and friends is a total callous disregard of everyone residing in Harrison.

Just another callous example of the disregard and disrespect this mayor and council have for the residents.

This is their way of getting around the Sunshine Law, inconvenient times with little or no notice.

If this meeting was in fact held, then they must have passed another bond ordinance, borrowing more money for this rat hole development.

Watch the tax increase this year, between the huge debt service and less state aid, the s--t is going to hit the fan. Then you'll see council meetings at 2:00 am with 10 minute notice.

Guest ???????????????????

are you new to this town ? i've live here all my life and on jan 1 there has always bee the first meeting at noon for the reorganization of committie heads, this has been a standing practice , you must be new to this town or you have been living under a rock.

You know,not for nothing because I don't have dog in this fight,but they have had a New Year's Day organizational meeting and swearing in for as long as I can remember.I remember my father going down at noon 50 years ago.If you want to criticize, it is your right,but you're not entitled to make up the facts.

If you want to stir up trouble at least have your information correct.In fact Harrison is not the only community that has this traditon.Try to pay attention to the history of your community,not just when it suits you.

You guys complain about everything, if the meeting is on weekdays is bad because a lot of people are working, if the meeting is on a holiday is bad because a lot of people go away. Go find something to do instead of being in here writing comments that makes no sense.

dogretired,

Don't feel threatened. The New Years Day meeting is traditional. It is a day when the town leaders get all mushy and warm to each other.

I'm sure with what;s going on in town . There are some some strange alliances being formed behind all the mushyness. If mushyness is a word. Keep watching , it's going to be fun.

Eagle

Guest dogretired

Ok, sorry, I didn't know the town policy, but I don't live in town but i did for 30 years, now own property here and pay taxes and think the town is going to hell. Just wait til the next tax bill comes due, plus many towns do not have water AND sewer charges together. Mcdonough could not explain this properly at the the dec meeting. Many other towns do not have sewer charges HIGHER than the water bill. How many other municipalities have their town meetings on NY day? Can anyone answer that? Let's see what the next tax increase is, even though the mayor promised layoffs at the dec . meeting

Guest dogretired
dogretired,

Don't feel threatened. The New Years Day meeting is traditional. It is a day when the town leaders get all mushy and warm to each other.

I'm sure with what;s going on in town . There are some some strange alliances being formed behind all the mushyness. If mushyness is a word. Keep watching , it's going to be fun.

Eagle

If that's the case then so be it, how many other towns do this? The mayor could not explain why there are water AND sewer charges on the water bill at the last Dec. meeting. Many other towns just have water bills. This Passaic Valley Commission sounds like a shakedown affair.

are you new to this town ? i've live here all my life and on jan 1 there has always bee the first meeting at noon for the reorganization of committie heads, this has been a standing practice , you must be new to this town or you have been living under a rock.

A reorganization meeting yes, but they did not conduct town business at the special meeting. Look at the agenda on the town web site and look at the large number of bills that were voted on.

Paying the Bills which included giving that ASSH#OLE ATTORNEY ROBERT MURRAY a new contract for $250,000..... WTF!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE AN ATTORNEY ON STAFF RIGHT?????. This guy is running the town down to the ground, he is the one giving MCPLUMBER all the bad advice..... $250,000 why don't they cut his salary and save some of the jobs that are going to be cut.... ONCE AGAIN WAKE UP TOWN WORKERS THIS IS THE GUY WHO IS GOING TO SEAL YOUR FATE!!! SPEAK UP.......