fire?

Guest Elmo

I heard there was a little fire in Harrison. I would like to thank the Kearny, East Newark, and JC fire depts. for putting it out. Call comes in, hit mutual aide panic button, wait 10 min., claim defensive atta ck which is no more than get as far away as possible and squirt water. THE Harrison FD, imo, is the biggest bunch of cowards in NJ. There is not one in any picture of the fire. I heard four of them took an engine to get drinking bottled water in thew middle of the little fire. Speckle, speckel, speckle, on you!!! Mr. Christie will be demoting very shortly.

Guest Harrison Senior
I heard there was a little fire in Harrison. I would like to thank the Kearny, East Newark, and JC fire depts. for putting it out. Call comes in, hit mutual aide panic button, wait 10 min., claim defensive atta ck which is no more than get as far away as possible and squirt water. THE Harrison FD, imo, is the biggest bunch of cowards in NJ. There is not one in any picture of the fire. I heard four of them took an engine to get drinking bottled water in thew middle of the little fire. Speckle, speckel, speckle, on you!!! Mr. Christie will be demoting very shortly.

My Christmas wish for Barney is he's the first to get laid off or get him some new material.

Guest Barney

Mr. Harrison Senior, the town is going to be closing the Senior Center by June due to lack of state aide. Then you can praise the fireman when your old, tired ass got nowhere to go to socialize. Real smart guy you are. Spread the wisdom.

I was one of the first in that fire, just doing my job. I did my best, and would never not put my life on the line. Can you say the same thing in your line of work. I do not have the ability of deciding when I'm call to duty like P.D. All you have to do is look the other way. You should be ashame of yourself. Lets combine both dept's and see who the real men and women are. Please feel free to contact me at E-3, I'll let you know who I am. Just ask, If you have the balls. You are a disgrace to your uniform.

Don't be a Hater! Just because you haven't seen HFD in any pictures doesn't mean that there isn't any......I have seen them and actually have one in my possession. The Harrison Firemen DO NOT want the other towns there nor do they need them.........BUT its not their decision to make. So dont make assumptions about them.....You DO NOT know them! Saying that they are cowards make YOU sound like one pathetic/jealous person! Let them be judged by the only person who any right to judge them....And thats NOT YOU!

Guest Harrison Senior
Mr. Harrison Senior, the town is going to be closing the Senior Center by June due to lack of state aide. Then you can praise the fireman when your old, tired ass got nowhere to go to socialize. Real smart guy you are. Spread the wisdom.

Mr. Barney, I don't use the Senior Center. And my old tired ass does 2 miles a day on my treadmill. And I'll bet you a bag of donuts I can beat you around the block. Any time you want to try me, let me know, I'll gladly embarrass you.

Don't be a Hater! Just because you haven't seen HFD in any pictures doesn't mean that there isn't any......I have seen them and actually have one in my possession. The Harrison Firemen DO NOT want the other towns there nor do they need them.........BUT its not their decision to make. So dont make assumptions about them.....You DO NOT know them! Saying that they are cowards make YOU sound like one pathetic/jealous person! Let them be judged by the only person who any right to judge them....And thats NOT YOU!

I was very disturbed at the Harrison fire, I saw one aerial truck on Franklin Ave spraying water on the fire from a nearby hydrant. A second aerial truck was spraying water from a Harrison Gardens location. A third truck attempted to spray water from the gardens location, but could not get enough water to be effective. I heard from several people that we had the same problem with the China Town fire, and we had to get water from Newark. We once had to capability to draw water from the Passaic, but we no longer have that capability. What good is a fire Dept, and all their equipment, if we cant draw enough water? Will someone from the fire Dept comment on this?

I was very disturbed at the Harrison fire, I saw one aerial truck on Franklin Ave spraying water on the fire from a nearby hydrant. A second aerial truck was spraying water from a Harrison Gardens location. A third truck attempted to spray water from the gardens location, but could not get enough water to be effective. I heard from several people that we had the same problem with the China Town fire, and we had to get water from Newark. We once had to capability to draw water from the Passaic, but we no longer have that capability. What good is a fire Dept, and all their equipment, if we cant draw enough water? Will someone from the fire Dept comment on this?

Sounds more like a water dept. or infrastructure problem.

Guest Harrison Senior

Barney, Barney, your feigned interest in the FD is laughable. You were partially right though, you are very disturbed. Try less sugary donuts, it might calm you down.

Barney, Barney, your feigned interest in the FD is laughable. You were partially right though, you are very disturbed. Try less sugary donuts, it might calm you down.

I will while looking out the window of DD"s sipping on my coffee and watching the last 14 FF hired on the unemployment line. Ooops I just spilled my coffee laughing..

Water Mains....and the fire Hydrants that are connected to them are the responsibility of the water department...but then you probably knew that !

The Water Dept. only has one employee, the head of the Dept. is the only one that works, the rest of the crew have no clue of what has to be done, what happens when he leaves? when there is a problem the only one in the hole is the Dept. Head the others are ordering coffee or 3 guys are reading meaters. I realize that this has nothing to do with the Fire posting but it is just very frustrating to watch these people work. I think the head of the Department is afraid to tell them what to do, they in turn will run back to ronnie or ray and cry because they had to work and the guy tommy does not want a headache.

Water Mains....and the fire Hydrants that are connected to them are the responsibility of the water department...but then you probably knew that !

I'll ask the same question again, so even the Barney haters can understand it. Regardless of whose responsibility it is, can the fire department draw enough water to combat a major fire in town?

Guest Harrison Senior
I'll ask the same question again, so even the Barney haters can understand it. Regardless of whose responsibility it is, can the fire department draw enough water to combat a major fire in town?

Barney, you're so clever. I'm going to buy you one of those toy red fire helmets with the revolving light so you can pretend to be a firefighter. We'll call it a late xmas present.

Guest tax paying parent

how about the respone time to the alarm at lincoln school today

15-20 minutes. everyone must have been very busy in town.

kids froze their asses off waiting for someone.

same shit different cook.

Barney, you're so clever. I'm going to buy you one of those toy red fire helmets with the revolving light so you can pretend to be a firefighter. We'll call it a late xmas present.

Apparently you got tired playing with your hose by yourself, so you invented a friend Barney to play with you. You have no idea as to whether the Fire Dept. can draw enough water out of the system to combat a major fire. When they built the new high school, we had to tap into Kearny's water supply to get enough water to pump it to the third floor. I expected someone to give me a serious answer and all I get is some guy and his friend Barney playing with their hoses.

Apparently you got tired playing with your hose by yourself, so you invented a friend Barney to play with you. You have no idea as to whether the Fire Dept. can draw enough water out of the system to combat a major fire. When they built the new high school, we had to tap into Kearny's water supply to get enough water to pump it to the third floor. I expected someone to give me a serious answer and all I get is some guy and his friend Barney playing with their hoses.

You want a serious answer than you've come to the wrong town. Harrison is full of $100,000 per year yes men. The family member firefighters just got a retro pay increase awarded by an arbitrator. The town is in the midst of a financial meltdown and the Mayor says we had to give them (my family and friends) pay raises because it was arbitrated.

Bullshit. Governor elect Christie has stated that if necessary a state of emergency will be declared and union contracts renegotiated. Hey what an idea. The rest of us are worried about keeping our jobs. Forget the pay increase. A retro pay increase is laughable.

It probably depends on where the fire is to be honest. Because it would depend on how many different hydrants can you get to that are on different water mains. But honestly I don't really know all the details about this kind of stuff it's more of a guess. Honestly you should express your concerns to the Water Department.

Guest Harrison Senior

Barney is so clever. Add 'tax paying parent' to his long list of names. My favorite is still "Elmo".

All the high paid professionals were at a funeral for a person whom throughout his successfull life was ****** Harrison dry for all he could get to be successfull. Free lunch