Layoffs

Guest Guest

You got that right brother! Let's take a look at all of 'em. We are the people employing them right?

Hey, I might not know a lot about running a town .... but apparently neither do the guys who are now.

What we have running this town are all just high school graduates running millions of dollar budget. What do they know? We need educated people to run a town. Who ever heard of people with only high school education making $100,000 or more? Only in Harrison. Its time to start writting Christie letters so he will dwell into this towns budget! Just going to town meeting does nothing. They have thier secret meetings and pass whatever they want to pass when we are not there. We have to get the feds involved. So write thoes letters to Christie! I Have but I am only one person. If we all do it they will take it seriously. There is power in numbers!

So, umm let me guess, 3rd grade?

No, I saw last year in one of the local pamphlets, oberser, a list of the Ky library employees & their education. At least 2 had masters degrees i Library Science & a few had a BA/BA fur year college degree. Do we have any library employees with a ,Master.s Degree> in library science?

No, I saw last year in one of the local pamphlets, oberser, a list of the Ky library employees & their education. At least 2 had masters degrees i Library Science & a few had a BA/BA fur year college degree. Do we have any library employees with a ,Master.s Degree> in library science?

it seems you need to go to the library and learn how to spell

Don't pick on those ladies, they are quite nice and talented. I especially like that little woman from India.

I miss the portugese lady that worked there. What happened to her?

Guest Mr. Pinhole
i don't know

Great job HFD!!! What would we do without you guys? We should all support the Firemen & Police for the great services they provide. I know the three haters ( yes three) on this site will disagree, but they fought the elements Friday night & protected life,saved the building & some personel property that some tennants took out on Saturday. Lets hope & pray for no reduction of services provided by Police & Fire, again Great Job!!!

I miss the portugese lady that worked there. What happened to her?

Are you refering to N**** the short, average weight, petite full time lady from Uruguray ?, that came 1997 or so? Is she still there, or is she retiring, being laid off, or staying?

Are you refering to N**** the short, average weight, petite full time lady from Uruguray ?, that came 1997 or so? Is she still there, or is she retiring, being laid off, or staying?

no, her name is laura i haven't seen her there for over a year

Great job HFD!!! What would we do without you guys? We should all support the Firemen & Police for the great services they provide. I know the three haters ( yes three) on this site will disagree, but they fought the elements Friday night & protected life,saved the building & some personel property that some tennants took out on Saturday. Lets hope & pray for no reduction of services provided by Police & Fire, again Great Job!!!

yes please JCFD and KFD - no layoffs please. support what? i pay my taxes double d! do you??????

well just kiddin, HFD did bust the ass, some guys. but relying on mutual aid way too much. we gots like what 60 ff - and they are paid very very good. everybody needs to earn that paycheck or we should just go volly like those ff from ENFD. they can hold a line for free. vent what - where?

"Mr Pinhole" ? who's a hater tough guy?

Guest Harrison Senior
yes please JCFD and KFD - no layoffs please. support what? i pay my taxes double d! do you??????

well just kiddin, HFD did bust the ass, some guys. but relying on mutual aid way too much. we gots like what 60 ff - and they are paid very very good. everybody needs to earn that paycheck or we should just go volly like those ff from ENFD. they can hold a line for free. vent what - where?

"Mr Pinhole" ? who's a hater tough guy?

Barney, Barney don't you ever come up for air.

• 2 weeks later...

Governor's cuts mean millions lost in Hudson County schools, especially Union City

Monday, February 15, 2010

By MELISSA HAYES

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Hudson County schools will lose nearly $44.2 million in state aid under an executive order signed by Gov. Chris Christie last week.

Perhaps the most pain will be felt in Union City, which will lose $29.3 million - by far the most in the state and more than all the districts combined in Morris County and just $100,000 less than all the districts in Bergen County.

Union City is losing so much because the district has $26.3 million in what Christie calls "excess surplus," in addition to other balances.

Second in line statewide is Perth Amboy, which will lose $15.26 million.

Some Hudson County districts were spared. Bayonne and West New York will not lose any state aid and Hudson County Vocational will lose only $253.

But, Kearny will lose $3.87 million, followed by Jersey City with $3.565 million, Harrison with $2.455 million and North Bergen with $2.058 million.

Read more of this article

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
I go to the library often also, and 90% of the time there is no one at the desk. I went one time to return my books and I waited 5 minutes and asking Is anyone here. They were all in the back. I had to catch the 40 bus, so I just left them on the counter and a month later I got a postcard telling me that I had overdue books. I took the postcard to the library and again waited for almost 10 minutes before someone came to the desk. I explained what happened, but was told that I cannot take any more books out untill I return the books and pay the late fee. I went to the shelves and retrived the books as they were put back on the shelf without being logged in. Talk about frustration. If they were there doing their job, there would not have been a problem.

There are policies to follow, and beyond that , you have a distorted idea of what really happened don't you?

Guest Guest
There are policies to follow, and beyond that , you have a distorted idea of what really happened don't you?

YES THERE ARE POLICIES TO FOLLOW AND FROM WHAT I AM READING THE PEOPLE WERE NOT FOLLOWING THEM. SOME ONE SHOULD BE AT THE DESK AND NOT ALL OF THEM IN THE BACK.

Guest Guest
YES THERE ARE POLICIES TO FOLLOW AND FROM WHAT I AM READING THE PEOPLE WERE NOT FOLLOWING THEM. SOME ONE SHOULD BE AT THE DESK AND NOT ALL OF THEM IN THE BACK.

You wouldn't know a policy from a hole in the wall. Policies have nothing to do with scheduling or attendance. Stop complaining and apprciate what has been given to you.

When Christie gets through, you may not have a Library. He's cutting all the services. There will no longer be Interlibrary Loan because he's cutting the funding for the delivery service. He's also cutting the funding for the free databases provided through the State Library. He has set the Library community back 40 years. Now you have something to complain about. Oh yes, say buh-bye to the computers, they'll probably be next to go. The hours and staff have already been cut so quit your sniveling and we all hope you're happy!

Guest Guest
You wouldn't know a policy from a hole in the wall. Policies have nothing to do with scheduling or attendance. Stop complaining and apprciate what has been given to you.

When Christie gets through, you may not have a Library. He's cutting all the services. There will no longer be Interlibrary Loan because he's cutting the funding for the delivery service. He's also cutting the funding for the free databases provided through the State Library. He has set the Library community back 40 years. Now you have something to complain about. Oh yes, say buh-bye to the computers, they'll probably be next to go. The hours and staff have already been cut so quit your sniveling and we all hope you're happy!

The reason he is cutting services is because there is no money to pay for them. Perhaps if you need library services we should charge you a fee for each time you go there.

Guest Guest

In fact I am very happy. All I was putting across was that people are hired to do a job, they should do their job or be gone with them. Too many workers hanging around discussing what so and so wore that weekend to a gathering. The library is not a place for the workers to sit around and gossip.Thats what they were doing on this day. CASE CLOSE! I don't need the library but I do agree with you on what Christie is doing. I think it is a shame.

Guest Guest
In fact I am very happy. All I was putting across was that people are hired to do a job, they should do their job or be gone with them. Too many workers hanging around discussing what so and so wore that weekend to a gathering. The library is not a place for the workers to sit around and gossip.Thats what they were doing on this day. CASE CLOSE! I don't need the library but I do agree with you on what Christie is doing. I think it is a shame.

They do the job. And very well. Case closed is the correct comment, by the way. And of course you don't "need" the library; were you there just to listen the workers interact with eachother. The way most normal co-workers do? Read a book, then you might "need" the library. CASE CLOSED NOW! ps I heard they wore great outfits that weekend!

Guest Guest

What's your degree in? Maybe you could do the job better. Some do have a college education, do you?

Guest Guest
They do the job. And very well. Case closed is the correct comment, by the way. And of course you don't "need" the library; were you there just to listen the workers interact with eachother. The way most normal co-workers do? Read a book, then you might "need" the library. CASE CLOSED NOW! ps I heard they wore great outfits that weekend!

They were not doing their job on this day. I don't need the library because I prefer to buy my books at Barnes and Noble and then donate to the Veterans Hospital which I have done for years. I don't read fiction books. There is enough at that all around. You must have something to do with the library, because you have taken what I said so personal. I was there trying to return books for my neighbor.I waited at the desk for about 10 min. They should have a bell on the desk. Lighten up and learn how to take a little criticizing. You don't always have to be right.

Guest Guest

Don't Worry ALL the TOWN WORKERS WILL BE KISSING THE MAYORS ARSEE!!!!! at his COCKtail party thursday night. Too bad there is a RED BULL Game so there will be a TON of Traffic........ SEE YOU SUCKERS..... FIGHT FOR YOUR Job or you will laid off in the summer.....