special public advocate

Guest hockeynut

Guest hockeynut

Maybe one solution to start to clean up the cesspool of corruption in places such as Harrison is for the state to appoint a special public adovcate to oversee all business regarding the town and the boe.Of course this person could have no ties to Harrison and would have the authority to cancel contracts or appointments if he or she felt it wasn't in the best interest of the people of Harrison.Before any resolution was passed in the town council or the boe this person would have to be consulted.When you have a mayor who will do just about anything to avoid scrutiny this is the only thing to do to bring some accountability back. Any money paid to this special public advocate for their service would more than be offset by the savings of eliminating the corruption tax and by reducing the nepotism that is so prevalent in Harrison.If you can't trust elected officials and school board members to act in the best interests of the people of Harrison ( we can't trust them to act in the best interests of the people of Harrison ) then this is the best solution in my opinion.

Maybe one solution to start to clean up the cesspool of corruption in places such as Harrison is for the state to appoint a special public adovcate to oversee all business regarding the town and the boe.Of course this person could have no ties to Harrison and would have the authority to cancel contracts or appointments if he or she felt it wasn't in the best interest of the people of Harrison.Before any resolution was passed in the town council or the boe this person would have to be consulted.When you have a mayor who will do just about anything to avoid scrutiny this is the only thing to do to bring some accountability back. Any money paid to this special public advocate for their service would more than be offset by the savings of eliminating the corruption tax and by reducing the nepotism that is so prevalent in Harrison.If you can't trust elected officials and school board members to act in the best interests of the people of Harrison ( we can't trust them to act in the best interests of the people of Harrison ) then this is the best solution in my opinion.

Dude, there is already a "Public Advocate"- it's called the "Voter." The Mayor and Council were elected by the people. Your suggestion belies our notion of voter representation.

Guest BlueTideBacker

With the financial hole NJ is in, Christy is going to be looking everywhere to cut the budget. Municipal aid

is certainly one area that will see cuts. I think the "free money" mentality that's existed in Harrison for a long time is about over.

It's time to cut municipal salaries by 10% accross the board, eliminate sick and vac. time buy-outs, and begin lay-offs in any dept. that resists these cost cutting efforts.

"Hey" Hockeynut,

We have State babysitters now. We have Mr. Murray and his office,a slew of other lawers and the Mayor and council. They, all are watching over Harrison. Some are getting paid very well to do so.

I'd say we have to rid Harrison of the burden of these people and then Let the Govermor Elect get some of his attorney

friends to investigate how Harrison got to where it is. They also can learn how to prevent this from happening again here and elsewhere.

I'm sure if his people interviewed enough of the town employees they could get to the bottom of all that has gone on.

Now we know why not one person ever stood up to say anything at all was wrong through all these years.

Eagle

we had one. and a good one. PBH

Guest BlueTideBacker
Dude, there is already a "Public Advocate"- it's called the "Voter." The Mayor and Council were elected by the people. Your suggestion belies our notion of voter representation.

That's a joke. The Zombies that know nothing other than to vote Row A will continue to support whoever they're told to vote for.

"Hey" Hockeynut,

We have State babysitters now. We have Mr. Murray and his office,a slew of other lawers and the Mayor and council. They, all are watching over Harrison. Some are getting paid very well to do so.

I'd say we have to rid Harrison of the burden of these people and then Let the Govermor Elect get some of his attorney

friends to investigate how Harrison got to where it is. They also can learn how to prevent this from happening again here and elsewhere.

I'm sure if his people interviewed enough of the town employees they could get to the bottom of all that has gone on.

Now we know why not one person ever stood up to say anything at all was wrong through all these years.

Eagle

You better check your history, thru the years many case were bought against the Harrison administration. Cases involved no show jobs, stolen quarters, cops with dummy corporations billing the BOE for thousands, councilmen who set up companies thru which all school supplies had to be ordered, the garbage contracts. It was all their in black and white, Many town workers put their asses on the line to bring these events to the Attorney Generals Office. Despite overwhelming evidence, they all went away. Even in this recent case with the quarters, no effort is being made to recoup the money. Why bother stealing the quarters, maybe the taxpayers should just give the crooks a check. Actually we do give them a check, it's called property taxes.

You better check your history, thru the years many case were bought against the Harrison administration. Cases involved no show jobs, stolen quarters, cops with dummy corporations billing the BOE for thousands, councilmen who set up companies thru which all school supplies had to be ordered, the garbage contracts. It was all their in black and white, Many town workers put their asses on the line to bring these events to the Attorney Generals Office. Despite overwhelming evidence, they all went away. Even in this recent case with the quarters, no effort is being made to recoup the money. Why bother stealing the quarters, maybe the taxpayers should just give the crooks a check. Actually we do give them a check, it's called property taxes.

Guest,

I think that you are the one who needs to recheck your information. The quarters incident was brought to light through the Harrison Police doing their job.

Do you really expect us to believe. The AG's office just ignored the complaints from Harrison town workers.

That's kind of hard to believe.

Eagle

Guest,

I think that you are the one who needs to recheck your information. The quarters incident was brought to light through the Harrison Police doing their job.

Do you really expect us to believe. The AG's office just ignored the complaints from Harrison town workers.

Eagle

Now we know you do not know what your talking about. Nice try wanna be. Eagle go nose dive in the Passaic and hang out with the scum on the bottom.

Guest,

Eagle

Guest,

I'm sorry. I check with several sources who never spoke of anyone taking a stance against the town before.

I guess this must be a subject which is forbidden to be spoken about in Harrison.

My hat is off to these people who stood up for what they thought was right.

I still find it hard to believe that the AG's office could ignore them. Hopefully the new AG will never treat people that way.

I guess. I'm an Eagle eating crow.

Again I salute those who stood against the wrongs. Hopefully they will see some type of justice in their lives.

To the AG who handled these cases. You are a disgrace to the legal profession and to our country.

Let's hope that Mr. Christie can weed out the bad apples from the AG's office.

Eagle

Guest hockeynet

Eagle,

In a perfect world what you said makes sense but this is the real world dude.Just on KOTW within the past year I have seen several posts where someone said they will vote for a particular perseon if that person buys them a drink.Until recently Harrison was under a blanket of apathy.Few attended council meetings fewer attended BOE meetings.Machine members are experts at pushing the right buttons with a person to get that person to vote against their best interests and vote for the machine.Maybe someone has a friend or neighbor who is a town employee and they don't want to do anything that they might perceive as potentially hurting that person so they vote for the machine again even though it is against their best interest.I feel right or wrong that good people in Harrison are more comfortable going with the flow than doing anything that might make waves.A very smart man once said that corruption and nepotism will thrive only in places where there is apathy and a reluctance to stand up and change things for the better.The good news is that the tide is turning inHarrison in my opinion.I am hockeynut not Einstein, I never said I am smarter than anyone else far from it but to solve the complex problem of insidious corruption we have to think outside the box and my idea of a special public advocate is I hope the first step in the process of coming up with a solution to this problem by the concerned people who read the posts on KOTW.I welcome other views and opinions.

Eagle,

In a perfect world what you said makes sense but this is the real world dude.Just on KOTW within the past year I have seen several posts where someone said they will vote for a particular perseon if that person buys them a drink.Until recently Harrison was under a blanket of apathy.Few attended council meetings fewer attended BOE meetings.Machine members are experts at pushing the right buttons with a person to get that person to vote against their best interests and vote for the machine.Maybe someone has a friend or neighbor who is a town employee and they don't want to do anything that they might perceive as potentially hurting that person so they vote for the machine again even though it is against their best interest.I feel right or wrong that good people in Harrison are more comfortable going with the flow than doing anything that might make waves.A very smart man once said that corruption and nepotism will thrive only in places where there is apathy and a reluctance to stand up and change things for the better.The good news is that the tide is turning inHarrison in my opinion.I am hockeynut not Einstein, I never said I am smarter than anyone else far from it but to solve the complex problem of insidious corruption we have to think outside the box and my idea of a special public advocate is I hope the first step in the process of coming up with a solution to this problem by the concerned people who read the posts on KOTW.I welcome other views and opinions.

Hockeynet,

I understand what your saying. The problem is. Running the Harrison is big business. Check the budget for the Town and you will have to agree. We can only hope that in the future the people will vote with their heads and wallets rather than their hearts.

The voters place their trust in the Mayor and Council. The Mayor and council have a legal obligation to do what is both honest and professional.

Ms. Borek, was wrongly made the poster girl for the crazy vacation and sick time buyback program. The program was not designed by this lady. It was designed by the Mayor and Council of the Town of Harrison and their **** Attorney Mr. *****. This was one of the worst and most unsound policies ever concieved by elected officals.

The story should have featured the pictures of those Council People,Mayor and Mr. ***** with a warning never to hire or elects these people again.

Eagle

Guest hockrynut

Eagle.

You sound like a like minded guy who hates corruption.I want to wish you and your family as well as all the other good people who follow KOTW a safe and happy holiday season.

Hockeynut

It would seem that this would be a no brainer for Christie and his guys. All they would have to do is dig up the guys who brought cases against the Town and interview them again. My Mother always said " Unlike bread The Truth never goes stale."

This would allow Christie's men to understand how the Town was brought to it's knees. If anyone has any input with Christie. He sould be informed of the existance of these people.