80 DAYS and counting.

Guest 2smart4u

It's been 80 days since General McCrystal requested additional troops.

Mickey CRYSTAL fulla chit? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. :blink:

SAN FRANCISCO -- Just a day after approving a medal claiming former NFL player Pat Tillman had been cut down by "devastating enemy fire" in Afghanistan, a high-ranking general tried to warn President Bush that the story might not be true, according to testimony obtained by The Associated Press.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...4/ai_n19441820/

DAMN... HERE'S ANOTHER NUMBER FOR YOU 3+ ... THE AMOUNT OF YEARS OBAMA HAS LEFT IN HIS TENURE. HERE'S ANOTHER: ZERO... THE AMOUNT OF COMPASSION YOU ACTUALLY HAVE FOR TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN. NICE TALKING POINT THOUGH.

Hmmm. Maybe sending more troops when they have one of the most corrupt govt's in the world is not the most prudent thing to do right now?

Guest 2smart4u
DAMN... HERE'S ANOTHER NUMBER FOR YOU 3+ ... THE AMOUNT OF YEARS OBAMA HAS LEFT IN HIS TENURE. HERE'S ANOTHER: ZERO... THE AMOUNT OF COMPASSION YOU ACTUALLY HAVE FOR TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN. NICE TALKING POINT THOUGH.

You're back for another embarrassment? Since I'm a veteran and you're certainly not, compassion for the troops is something you're not qualified to speak about.

You can talk about your adventures in the cub scouts if you like.

Hmmm. Maybe sending more troops when they have one of the most corrupt govt's in the world is not the most prudent thing to do right now?

Then say NO! But don't spend 3 months trying to make a decision, how does that help the troops? He is the commander in chief, he has the RIGHT to make the decision, the problem is, he also has the OBLIGATION to make the decision.

Unless he is voting, Present, HMMMM!

Then say NO! But don't spend 3 months trying to make a decision, how does that help the troops? He is the commander in chief, he has the RIGHT to make the decision, the problem is, he also has the OBLIGATION to make the decision.

Or we just get more troops killed.

Guest Dwayne C
You're back for another embarrassment? Since I'm a veteran and you're certainly not, compassion for the troops is something you're not qualified to speak about.

You can talk about your adventures in the cub scouts if you like.

How do you know he/she is not? You don't-you are assuming from prejudice. A majority of military personnel certainly vote Republican, but that leaves literally hundreds of thousands that vote Democrat.

Secondly, one doesn't have to be a veteran to have compassion for the troops any more than one has to be an abused child to have compassion for abused children. In fact, one can be a veteran and not have any whatsoever. Too many people use veteran status to show that their opinions hold more weight than someone else's, but there are many ways to serve that have nothing to do with the military. No one goes into my field (social work) to make money. Volunteers on election day uphold democracy as much as any war currently being fought. Military service is an honor, and even though I never fought in a war I am proud to have served. But it is only one way among many to serve our country.

Guest Dwayne C

Considering that it takes about 18 months to actually deploy the troops and that the General has been making a very public stink about immediate help being needed, it looks like McCrystal is making a blatantly political move. It is an ugly situation that puts Obama between a rock and a hard place-which may very well have been the intention.

Guest 2smart4u
Deadenders are STILL yapping about A-ghan as if it's going to end as something other than the nation's latest Vietnam quagmire? :lol:

With a low-level community organizer pretending to be CIC, I don't doubt it.

Considering that it takes about 18 months to actually deploy the troops and that the General has been making a very public stink about immediate help being needed, it looks like McCrystal is making a blatantly political move. It is an ugly situation that puts Obama between a rock and a hard place-which may very well have been the intention.

If McCrystal is making a political move, and it is quite possibly the case, then either the President should replace him or tell him to shut up. I agree that he is now between a rock and a hard place, I am only suggesting that sooner (rather than later) he needs to say YES or NO. It is the lack of ANY decision that I'm not comfortable with.

If it does take 18 months to get troops to the theatre, then the decision becomes even more timely. I do not pretend to know more about this than the President, the intelligence he has is superior to anything we can even guess, but if we don't surge, and the military leaders see it as an untenable solution, then we should bring them all home. We can't leave them there undermanned, support them with more, or support them by bringing them home.

Peaceful disagreement.