* Christie To Audit Harrison School District

JohnPinho

At his first post-election public appearance, Governor Elect Chris Christie stated that his administration will be auditing costly school districts. While visiting the Robert Treat Charter School in North Newark, Christie stated, "We have to figure out ways to make some priority judgments either tohave more of that money find its way into the classroom and or some ofthat money to find its way back to the taxpayers," The Robert Treat Charter School was founded by Steve Adubato, Sr. and his considered a model for urban education. Christie mentioned the Robert Treat Charter School throughout his campaign for Governor as an example of how a Charter school education could benefit the children of New Jersey.

The Harrison School District is likely to be one of the first districts to be audited by the Governor elect. Harrison receives state funding as an Abbott District but has shown little progress in improving the education of Harrison's children. Children are starving to be challenged and long for a good education. The New Jersey Supreme Court's mandate in Abbott to fund urban schools on par with more affluent suburban schools was well intended but immediately hijacked by many school administrations with much of the additional funding not improving student education. According to the New Jersey Department of Education, Harrison School District spends $16,898.00 per student. The best private schools in New Jersey do not charge that much in tuition. To review a copy of the School Board's budget, click here.

As a product of a Public School Education and an alumni of the Harrison Public School system, I understand the importance of maintaining the ideal of a good public school system. However, Governor Elect Chris Christie's support of private charter schools combined with auditing of public school districts is exactly what is needed to improve our public schools. Administrators must be held accountable for the money earmarked to improve our public schools. Politics should not be a significant part of our children's education. In Harrison, politics plays a significant role in who is hired by the Board of Education and directly impacts the educational process. It is not unique to Harrison but nonetheless should not play a significant role in any school district.

It will be interesting to see what an audit of the Harrison School district reveals.

View the full article

At his first post-election public appearance, Governor Elect Chris Christie stated that his administration will be auditing costly school districts. While visiting the Robert Treat Charter School in North Newark, Christie stated, "We have to figure out ways to make some priority judgments either tohave more of that money find its way into the classroom and or some ofthat money to find its way back to the taxpayers," The Robert Treat Charter School was founded by Steve Adubato, Sr. and his considered a model for urban education. Christie mentioned the Robert Treat Charter School throughout his campaign for Governor as an example of how a Charter school education could benefit the children of New Jersey.

The Harrison School District is likely to be one of the first districts to be audited by the Governor elect. Harrison receives state funding as an Abbott District but has shown little progress in improving the education of Harrison's children. Children are starving to be challenged and long for a good education. The New Jersey Supreme Court's mandate in Abbott to fund urban schools on par with more affluent suburban schools was well intended but immediately hijacked by many school administrations with much of the additional funding not improving student education. According to the New Jersey Department of Education, Harrison School District spends $16,898.00 per student. The best private schools in New Jersey do not charge that much in tuition. To review a copy of the School Board's budget, click here.

As a product of a Public School Education and an alumni of the Harrison Public School system, I understand the importance of maintaining the ideal of a good public school system. However, Governor Elect Chris Christie's support of private charter schools combined with auditing of public school districts is exactly what is needed to improve our public schools. Administrators must be held accountable for the money earmarked to improve our public schools. Politics should not be a significant part of our children's education. In Harrison, politics plays a significant role in who is hired by the Board of Education and directly impacts the educational process. It is not unique to Harrison but nonetheless should not play a significant role in any school district.

It will be interesting to see what an audit of the Harrison School district reveals.

View the full article

You are right on the money with this one. Speaking of politics playing a role in who is hired, WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE 7TH GRADE SCIENCE TEACHER??? Everyone is complaining about him but my posts to this website asking about it haven't been showing up.

You are right on the money with this one. Speaking of politics playing a role in who is hired, WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE 7TH GRADE SCIENCE TEACHER??? Everyone is complaining about him but my posts to this website asking about it haven't been showing up.

Is this Mr. Z's son? I have heard that he can't teach and has no clue on how to teach. There is also a new janitor related to the councilman Huranga, he goes out and shows homes (he's a realtor at Harrison realty) during the time he should be at school working, what the deal with this? How can they get away with incompetent people given no show jobs?

Is this Mr. Z's son? I have heard that he can't teach and has no clue on how to teach. There is also a new janitor related to the councilman Huranga, he goes out and shows homes (he's a realtor at Harrison realty) during the time he should be at school working, what the deal with this? How can they get away with incompetent people given no show jobs?

Supt. Doran, maybe you should fire this wannabe?? Two jobs at once? Sounds familar? Doran, Choffo, Huaranga's Sr and JR and 1/2 Brother??

Yup, it IS Mr. Z's son and he is horrible. Should NEVER be in a middle school. The kids are learning nothing and the parents are beyond frustrated. From what I see, the school system has decided to give up on a year of science education for the kids in order to cash in a favor. My understanding is that they don't start having a science section on the standardized tests until 8th grade so maybe they figure that this year can be wasted and no one will notice as it won't be reflected in the test scores. I'd be mad if I was an 8th grade science teacher because next year they are going to have to teacher 2 years worth of material to the few kids who still care. If I have been given the wrong information about this, please feel free to correct it because, in reading it over, it looks truly appalling.

Supt. Doran, maybe you should fire this wannabe?? Two jobs at once? Sounds familar? Doran, Choffo, Huaranga's Sr and JR and 1/2 Brother??

Doran should be ashamed of himself for this and for this new office he is having built with Abbott Funds. Does the state Dept. of Education know about this spending?

Is there a number to contact the auditors?

View the full article

Yup, it IS Mr. Z's son and he is horrible. Should NEVER be in a middle school. The kids are learning nothing and the parents are beyond frustrated. From what I see, the school system has decided to give up on a year of science education for the kids in order to cash in a favor. My understanding is that they don't start having a science section on the standardized tests until 8th grade so maybe they figure that this year can be wasted and no one will notice as it won't be reflected in the test scores. I'd be mad if I was an 8th grade science teacher because next year they are going to have to teacher 2 years worth of material to the few kids who still care. If I have been given the wrong information about this, please feel free to correct it because, in reading it over, it looks truly appalling.

Those parents should all go to the next BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH. -

6PM - 517 HAMILTON STREET - BEHIND THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. I am so sorry for those kids that are being deprived the education they truly deserve. This is a perfect example of how money is spent on favors and politics AND OUR CHILDREN ARE THE ONES THAT SUFFER FOR THIS CRAP.

Doran should be ashamed of himself for this and for this new office he is having built with Abbott Funds. Does the state Dept. of Education know about this spending?

Doran is having a new office built? Has he picked out the drapes yet? Oh do dish on this one, girl!

When college students attend a college for teaching, that is their primary choice, to be a teacher. They are taught how to maintain a class and the teaching routine in general. But mostly, that doesn't matter. When nepotism is in effect, there is a backdoor way to get hired. It is called "ALTERNATE ROUTE." Many of these alternate route teachers would never make it in a teaching college. Just out of curiosity wouldn't it be nice to know how many of the teachers were hired through "ALTERNATE ROUTE." It would be interesrting to see how many there are and who they are. Something to think about.

Doran is having a new office built? Has he picked out the drapes yet? Oh do dish on this one, girl!

The new office is already operational. The place is painted Pink & Cranberry. People say it looks nice.

Those parents should all go to the next BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH. -

6PM - 517 HAMILTON STREET - BEHIND THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. I am so sorry for those kids that are being deprived the education they truly deserve. This is a perfect example of how money is spent on favors and politics AND OUR CHILDREN ARE THE ONES THAT SUFFER FOR THIS CRAP.

I know of quite a few parents who have called the principal to complain. Nothing has improved. Principal occasionally sits in the classes to see what is going on and only during those observations does the teacher actually pretend to teach. Think his hands are tied. No one will go to the Board meeting because they do not want their child to suffer the consequences of having a parent with an opinion.

Speaking of the Board, how many classrooms were sacrificed to create the new offices?

Why not write to the New Jersey Commissioner of Education

100 River View Plaze

P.O. Box 500

Trenton, N.J. 08625

Attention - Commissioner Lucille E. Davy

or call - 609-292-4450 or fax 609-777-4099

Let them know about situations like this. The department of education certainly does not tolerate these type of problems in the school systems. If they do not know about it, then they cannot help you. CALL - WRITE OR FAX - Our children are what we worry about as parents and responsible educators.

When college students attend a college for teaching, that is their primary choice, to be a teacher. They are taught how to maintain a class and the teaching routine in general. But mostly, that doesn't matter. When nepotism is in effect, there is a backdoor way to get hired. It is called "ALTERNATE ROUTE." Many of these alternate route teachers would never make it in a teaching college. Just out of curiosity wouldn't it be nice to know how many of the teachers were hired through "ALTERNATE ROUTE." It would be interesrting to see how many there are and who they are. Something to think about.

or maybe to make Governor Elect Christie aware of, he will love this coming from a special needs school district. Time to clean house

Guest hockeynut

I would like to encourage everyone to go to Theobserver.com and review the July 1st issue.This

jerk replaced an outstanding teacher who had the respect of the students and parents.She never had

a problem controlling the class.

I would like to encourage everyone to go to Theobserver.com and review the July 1st issue.This

jerk replaced an outstanding teacher who had the respect of the students and parents.She never had

a problem controlling the class.

Damn, you are right! Oh that makes this even more inexcusable. The Observer need to do a followup story on this and someone needs to answer for it. I knew it smelled funny....

Damn, you are right! Oh that makes this even more inexcusable. The Observer need to do a followup story on this and someone needs to answer for it. I knew it smelled funny....

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. IT STINKS. WOULD THE OBSERVER ACTUALLY LOOK INTO THIS OR SHOULD WE DIRECT IT TO THE STAR LEDGER OR JERSEY JOURNAL? THIS IS NOT FAIR FOR THE STUDENTS.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. IT STINKS. WOULD THE OBSERVER ACTUALLY LOOK INTO THIS OR SHOULD WE DIRECT IT TO THE STAR LEDGER OR JERSEY JOURNAL? THIS IS NOT FAIR FOR THE STUDENTS.

THE PEOPLE AT THE OBSERVER ARE A BUNCH OF PUSSYS - CALL IN THE JJ OR THE STAR LEDGER. THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETS ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH 6PM.

Guest hockeynut

John Pinho once basically told me that a good way to keep public officials aware that you aren't someone they can brush off is to bring a camcorder to a public meeting in this case the BOE meeting Thursday and record the meeting.Make sure you let them know that they could be featured on some internet site shortly after the meeting(.Karen MurraY the BOE attorney) will probably tell you that you can't record the meeting.Tell her to go to hell that you are going to one way or the other and by trying to prevent you from recording the BOE meeting they will look much worse when you post the video on the internet and most important of all make sure they realize that they will invite great public scrutiny if they try to prevent you from recording the meeting.After you attend several BOE meetings you will see that the thing they fear the most is public scrutiny.I know for sure that most if not all of the BOE members aren't honorable people but are corrupt in one way or another.Some are more corrupt than others.The members of the BOE will not take you seriously unless they feel you could make them be the focus of intense public scrutiny.Don't be afraid you are doing a great service to the silent majority in Harrison by holding corrupt public officials (who aren't elected ) accountable.With each new meeting you will get better and better at this and probably by the January BOE meeting they will accept the fact that you aren't going away.

Guest *concerned parent*
John Pinho once basically told me that a good way to keep public officials aware that you aren't someone they can brush off is to bring a camcorder to a public meeting in this case the BOE meeting Thursday and record the meeting.Make sure you let them know that they could be featured on some internet site shortly after the meeting(.Karen MurraY the BOE attorney) will probably tell you that you can't record the meeting.Tell her to go to hell that you are going to one way or the other and by trying to prevent you from recording the BOE meeting they will look much worse when you post the video on the internet and most important of all make sure they realize that they will invite great public scrutiny if they try to prevent you from recording the meeting.After you attend several BOE meetings you will see that the thing they fear the most is public scrutiny.I know for sure that most if not all of the BOE members aren't honorable people but are corrupt in one way or another.Some are more corrupt than others.The members of the BOE will not take you seriously unless they feel you could make them be the focus of intense public scrutiny.Don't be afraid you are doing a great service to the silent majority in Harrison by holding corrupt public officials (who aren't elected ) accountable.With each new meeting you will get better and better at this and probably by the January BOE meeting they will accept the fact that you aren't going away.

BETTER YET MAKE THEM EAT THE SH*TY FOOD THEY SERVE THE STUDENTS.

THE STUFF OUT OF THE DIRTY HOT BOXES THEY CARRY AROUND AND SERVE ESPECIALLY TO THE LITTLE ONES .

I WAS THERE AT THE SCHOOL LAST WEEK AND SAW IT. I KNOW YOUR NEW HERE MR DORAN, BUT THEY STILL EAT IN CLASSROOMS . WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING .ELECTION WEEK ONLY.

TO THE PARENTS WHO READ THIS SITE

ASK YOUR CHILD IF THEY ATE WHAT WAS SERVED AND HOW IT WAS.

LITTLE ONES DON'T KNOW HOW TO COMPLAIN.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wait til Christie opens the books on Harrisons school district, look out. 3 supers for a one sq. mile town, are you kidding me. Kearny has triple the students and has one super.

• 4 weeks later...
The new office is already operational. The place is painted Pink & Cranberry. People say it looks nice.

Yeah its like when Darth Vader had the Death Star rebuilt............ :huh: