Beck makes the cover of TIME

Guest 2smart4u

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leftist news magazine TIME has Beck on the cover of their latest issue. Could it be TIME has had an epiphany and is coming toward the light?

Time will tell.

The fact that you lend any creedence to Beck, who is so often proven wrong or just stupid tells me a lot about you. Oh, and your and idiot.

The leftist news magazine TIME has Beck on the cover of their latest issue. Could it be TIME has had an epiphany and is coming toward the light?

Time will tell.

Again with the useless threads.

The leftist news magazine TIME has Beck on the cover of their latest issue. Could it be TIME has had an epiphany and is coming toward the light? Time will tell.

The caption is “Mad Man.” In the picture, he is sticking out his tongue. I don’t remember anyone sticking their tongue out on the cover of Time magazine before. Maybe you think that suggests credibility. I don’t think so. http://www.time.com/time/magazine

If you actually read the article (http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1924348-1,00.html ), which I realize may be far too much to ask of you, you will see that it is titled “Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad for America?” In it, he is called exploitative, “the hottest thing in the political-rant racket” and a recovering alcoholic living with ADHD. Under the section “Fears of a Clown,” his method of stoking fear and hysteria by carefully selecting his questions is called to task. He is a “virtuoso on the strings of (conservative) discontent,” which is not to say that he is adding anything to the public dialogue or even that he is honest; he merely appeals to current popular fears, founded or unfounded. He admits this, calling his studio the “doom room.” Well, at least he is aware that he is appealing to people’s emotions. It’s called fear-mongering.

The article goes on to point out that Beck’s work is lucrative, attracting millions of people who are fearful and discontented. But then it asks the central, pointed question: “How can we trust each other, though, when the integrated economy of ranters and their delighted-to-be-outraged critics are such a model of profitability?” For people who think intelligently, Beck this is anathema to the democratic process. The people who don’t think but only react don’t care. That is the essence of the problem. Beck may be making money but he is destroying the fabric of civil discourse by dumbing it down to the point of irrationality.

If you had bothered to read the article, or even look at the cover of the magazine cover, and if you were politically honest, you might have known that.

Time will tell.

Did you bother to read the article? Of course you didn't.

For the most part, it discusses the fact that Beck is, first and foremost, an entertainer. Oh, and by the way - Beck describes himself as such. He is also not a Republican. He is a Libertarian. He still does stand-up just like Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, and others whose routines are largely comprised of political issues and satire.

The fact that he is on the cover of Time shouldn't really surprise anyone. There is no question that he is a hot topic right now. He is an entertainer, off the wall, and was hired by Fox to boost ratings - nothing more.

He is not a worthy news source in the same way that Jon Stewart is not a worthy news source.

Time didn't put him on the cover because they are changing their political views. They put him on the cover to sell more magazines.

Grow up.

For the most part, it discusses the fact that Beck is, first and foremost, an entertainer. Oh, and by the way - Beck describes himself as such. He is also not a Republican. He is a Libertarian. He still does stand-up just like Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, and others whose routines are largely comprised of political issues and satire.

The fact that he is on the cover of Time shouldn't really surprise anyone. There is no question that he is a hot topic right now. He is an entertainer, off the wall, and was hired by Fox to boost ratings - nothing more.

He is not a worthy news source in the same way that Jon Stewart is not a worthy news source.

Time didn't put him on the cover because they are changing their political views. They put him on the cover to sell more magazines.

Grow up.

I'm not sure I totally agree in that yes, Beck and Stewart are both entertainers but I bet you would find that Stewart actaully has his facts straight even though he is making fun.

Guest 2smart4u

Grow up.

You would like to believe he's not a worthy news source. In reality he's #1 in his time slot and a lot of people believe in him. His message is the corruption, hypocricy and dangerously misguided leftist views of Obama and the comedy tag team of Biden, Pelosi and Reid.

You would like to believe he's not a worthy news source. In reality he's #1 in his time slot and a lot of people believe in him. His message is the corruption, hypocricy and dangerously misguided leftist views of Obama and the comedy tag team of Biden, Pelosi and Reid.

Read the article and then come back to me with something that makes sense. He's #1 in his time slot of 5 PM when most people are either still working or on their way home. Wow! That's an accomplishment.

And a couple more things:

1. Use spell check.

2. A tag team is usually comprised of 2 people....not 3. Come up with something else.

His objective is getting all the easily swayed, McCarthy worshipping, sheeple to give him good ratings for NO otherreason than to line his own pocket$. As good a business plan as any when ya got NOTHING else :lol:

Guest Radagastky

Two points ... Hitler also made the cover of Time and just because a bunch of wingnuts watch your show and then repeat everthing you say doesn't make you an authoritative news source. Father Caughlin had a large following too ... imagine if we had listened to him ..

Two points ... Hitler also made the cover of Time and just because a bunch of wingnuts watch your show and then repeat everthing you say doesn't make you an authoritative news source. Father Caughlin had a large following too ... imagine if we had listened to him ..

You're right, and it's the same dynamic. People who are or too ignorant to know the facts or too stupid to figure out what the facts mean are played on by demagogues. That's what Fox does.

Usually this happens when a relatively uneducated sector of the population distrusts a so-called "elite." That is exactly what is happening now.

These ignorant people are too stupid to realize that they are being manipulated by people who are good at making themselves sound like they have the common touch and the people's interests at heart. The masters are serving their own interests, not those of the people they are manipulating. 2stupid4words and others like him are like cows that Rupert Murdoch knows how to milk for all they're worth - which isn't much individually but together they emit a lot of methane.

Meanwhile, the masters are consolidating their power, making it easier for them to keep control over their herd of stupid cows.

The masters need an enemy and voila, we have the government. So on health care, just keep the cows busy being afraid of the government; meanwhile, the privately owned insurance companies milk them dry.

And the poor, stupid cow never knows the difference.

Moo on, 2stupid4words. Maybe someday you'll figure it out.

Guest 2smart4u
You're right, and it's the same dynamic. People who are or too ignorant to know the facts or too stupid to figure out what the facts mean are played on by demagogues. That's what Fox does.

Usually this happens when a relatively uneducated sector of the population distrusts a so-called "elite." That is exactly what is happening now.

These ignorant people are too stupid to realize that they are being manipulated by people who are good at making themselves sound like they have the common touch and the people's interests at heart. The masters are serving their own interests, not those of the people they are manipulating. 2stupid4words and others like him are like cows that Rupert Murdoch knows how to milk for all they're worth - which isn't much individually but together they emit a lot of methane.

Meanwhile, the masters are consolidating their power, making it easier for them to keep control over their herd of stupid cows.

The masters need an enemy and voila, we have the government. So on health care, just keep the cows busy being afraid of the government; meanwhile, the privately owned insurance companies milk them dry.

And the poor, stupid cow never knows the difference.

Moo on, 2stupid4words. Maybe someday you'll figure it out.

Interesting. Since I'm a Rutgers honors graduate and a successful businessman, I thought I was one of the elite. Little did I know I'm one of the relatively

uneducated sector. Go figure.

Interesting. Since I'm a Rutgers honors graduate and a successful businessman, I thought I was one of the elite. Little did I know I'm one of the relatively

2dumb4words stop it with the pointless useless threads.

Interesting. Since I'm a Rutgers honors graduate and a successful businessman, I thought I was one of the elite. Little did I know I'm one of the relatively uneducated sector. Go figure.

Then you should be ashamed of yourself for your behavior here.

Hmm. I always thought people were just born assholes. Apparently you got a degree in it. Is your business manufacturing robes for thr KKK?

From reading your posts (no substance, proof, veracity, or intelligent argument in any of them), I find it very hard to believe that you're an honors graduate of middle school let alone Rutgers.

Guest 2smart4u
Then you should be ashamed of yourself for your behavior here.

Ashamed? For being a conservative republican? For understanding how Obama ran as a centrist and has now swung far left breaking all his campaign promises? For opposing a government take-over of healthcare? For not agreeing with the election of an inexperienced community organizer with radical

racist friends? For opposing the bank takeovers, stimulus giveaways that have only driven unemployment higher? I don't think so.

I know anyone who opposes Obama's policies is automatically labeled a racist, that's straight from page one in the leftist handbook; if you can't argue the point, pull the race card. And that race card is getting old.

Ashamed? For being a conservative republican? For understanding how Obama ran as a centrist and has now swung far left breaking all his campaign promises? For opposing a government take-over of healthcare? For not agreeing with the election of an inexperienced community organizer with radical

racist friends? For opposing the bank takeovers, stimulus giveaways that have only driven unemployment higher? I don't think so.

I know anyone who opposes Obama's policies is automatically labeled a racist, that's straight from page one in the leftist handbook; if you can't argue the point, pull the race card. And that race card is getting old.

No, that's not why you should be ashamed.

You should be ashamed for repeatedly opening topics, making mis-statements and outright lies and not having the character to admit when you've been caught doing it.

You should be ashamed for not having the honesty to engage in a serious discussion of the many topics you open. Merely repeating your talking points is not honest dialogue. And yet no matter how many times you are called out on it, you persist in exactly the same vein.

You should be ashamed of the complete disregard and disrespect you have shown everyone who does not agree with your radical views. You should be ashamed of distorting their views beyond all bounds of fair comment.

You should be equally ashamed of taking your daily marching orders from Fox, treating its pronouncements as though they were beyond reproach.

You should be ashamed for not checking your facts and for not having the character to reconsider when the facts are pointed out to you.

Most of all, you should be ashamed of the ugly tone you have brought to this forum. Truly it is contemptible.

Oh, and don't give me that garbage about Obama shifting his ground since he was elected. You were calling him a radical leftist before the election. He is governing essentially as he said he would.

And do you really think the stimulus drove up unemployment? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. The economy was in meltdown. Without the stimulus packages, the unemployment rate would be far higher than it is. Where do you get this nonsense? It's not what reputable economists believe.

Why is 2 dumb4word still posting useless thread, who the hell cares about dumb global politics on a freaking local forum. It not like your a politics strategist and honestly we have bigger fish to fry locally in town. But you won't care because you have some love affair with Fox. Get a life.

You got old a long time ago but you won't shut up.

You are such a jerk! If you want to ask someone a question, ask it. Don't pretend to ask it and then give your own fantasy answer.

Guest 2smart4u
No, that's not why you should be ashamed.

You should be ashamed for repeatedly opening topics, making mis-statements and outright lies and not having the character to admit when you've been caught doing it.

You should be ashamed for not having the honesty to engage in a serious discussion of the many topics you open. Merely repeating your talking points is not honest dialogue. And yet no matter how many times you are called out on it, you persist in exactly the same vein.

You should be ashamed of the complete disregard and disrespect you have shown everyone who does not agree with your radical views. You should be ashamed of distorting their views beyond all bounds of fair comment.

You should be equally ashamed of taking your daily marching orders from Fox, treating its pronouncements as though they were beyond reproach.

You should be ashamed for not checking your facts and for not having the character to reconsider when the facts are pointed out to you.

Most of all, you should be ashamed of the ugly tone you have brought to this forum. Truly it is contemptible.

I won't waste my time with your nonsensical ramblings, your ideology is so far left you're incapable of understanding conservative viewpoints.

Guest Baudelaire

The Successful Business Man

by anon.

"And what do you do for a living, Mr. Smart4U?"

"Why, I'm a successful businessman!"

"A successful businessman, eh?

"That's right, sir. One of the most successful!"

"Say, what is it you do there, chap? What is your business?"

"Why, I'm a successful businessman! Certainly you know what that entails."

"Well... No, actually. You haven't told me what it is you do exactly."

"Oh! Right, right. Well I graduated from Rutgers University--"

"Ah! A fine institution!"

"Indeed a fine institution. And of course I graduated with honors!"

"Cum laude! How delightful! My retarded niece just graduated cum laude from that university!"

"Oh nice one, old chap. I assure you it is quite the place of learning, however."

"I don't fib, friend! She was a comparative literature major and simply aced her way through the program. Quite simply I might add."

"Quite, quite"

"Yes, quite. And back to this business of yours! What then does your schedule look like? Surely you must be entertaining clients all day, or seeing to it that your stock is up and such!"

"Yes, yes. See, I told you you know this better than you know."

"Of course, of course. But what again was your position?"

"Successful businessman."

"That's your title?"

"Right, right. Quitely"

"That's a word?"

"Indeed, I heard it on the O'Reilly Factor last night. Kelsey Grammar was a guest, and I quite recall his use of the word quitely quite a few times."

"O'Reilly! Another favorite of my niece's! I should have you introduced! You have so much in common already! Let me ask you, does your desk have a placard with that title on it?"

"Indeed!"

"Quitely!" The old man laughed into pudgy, listless man's face. 2's facial expression became blanker and blanker as the old man continued to taunt him with a new line of questioning about his fictitious position. This time the old man was not letting on. He was simply barraging 2 with obviously stupid inquests about his educational background, what floor he worked on, the color of his secretaries hair.

"Now, Rutgers. That's the one that's always competing with Yale at the top of the ranks, right?"

"Your secretary is a cute little blonde I suppose, yes? All you 'businessmen' have 'em! And I'm sure you have your way with her! Right, right?"

"I bet you have the most beautiful corner office, yes? Nice big windows so you can watch the sun set in the East as you finish the last of the day's work?"

2 was too slick for this last one. He knew he was being mocked, but held his head up. The fat recluse slammed down his whiskey sour, left a one dollar tip on the bar, and stormed away from the white haired creep. Sure he didn't know shit about social demeanor, or what drink to order at a bar. And he didn't have a keen ear for sarcasm... So what? What he had were hours and hours of Bill O'Reilly motivational tapes waiting for him in his 1997 Ford Windstar. For that motor vehicle was truly his office, and listening to Bill was his only real business.

(to be continued)

I won't waste my time with your nonsensical ramblings, your ideology is so far left you're incapable of understanding conservative viewpoints.

What you really mean to say is that he kicked your behind and you don't have an answer.

The Successful Business Man

by anon.

"And what do you do for a living, Mr. Smart4U?"

"Why, I'm a successful businessman!"

"A successful businessman, eh?

"That's right, sir. One of the most successful!"

"Say, what is it you do there, chap? What is your business?"

"Why, I'm a successful businessman! Certainly you know what that entails."

"Well... No, actually. You haven't told me what it is you do exactly."

"Oh! Right, right. Well I graduated from Rutgers University--"

"Ah! A fine institution!"

"Indeed a fine institution. And of course I graduated with honors!"

"Cum laude! How delightful! My retarded niece just graduated cum laude from that university!"

"Oh nice one, old chap. I assure you it is quite the place of learning, however."

"I don't fib, friend! She was a comparative literature major and simply aced her way through the program. Quite simply I might add."

"Quite, quite"

"Yes, quite. And back to this business of yours! What then does your schedule look like? Surely you must be entertaining clients all day, or seeing to it that your stock is up and such!"

"Yes, yes. See, I told you you know this better than you know."

"Of course, of course. But what again was your position?"

"Successful businessman."

"That's your title?"

"Right, right. Quitely"

"That's a word?"

"Indeed, I heard it on the O'Reilly Factor last night. Kelsey Grammar was a guest, and I quite recall his use of the word quitely quite a few times."

"O'Reilly! Another favorite of my niece's! I should have you introduced! You have so much in common already! Let me ask you, does your desk have a placard with that title on it?"

"Indeed!"

"Quitely!" The old man laughed into pudgy, listless man's face. 2's facial expression became blanker and blanker as the old man continued to taunt him with a new line of questioning about his fictitious position. This time the old man was not letting on. He was simply barraging 2 with obviously stupid inquests about his educational background, what floor he worked on, the color of his secretaries hair.

"Now, Rutgers. That's the one that's always competing with Yale at the top of the ranks, right?"

"Your secretary is a cute little blonde I suppose, yes? All you 'businessmen' have 'em! And I'm sure you have your way with her! Right, right?"

"I bet you have the most beautiful corner office, yes? Nice big windows so you can watch the sun set in the East as you finish the last of the day's work?"

2 was too slick for this last one. He knew he was being mocked, but held his head up. The fat recluse slammed down his whiskey sour, left a one dollar tip on the bar, and stormed away from the white haired creep. Sure he didn't know shit about social demeanor, or what drink to order at a bar. And he didn't have a keen ear for sarcasm... So what? What he had were hours and hours of Bill O'Reilly motivational tapes waiting for him in his 1997 Ford Windstar. For that motor vehicle was truly his office, and listening to Bill was his only real business.

(to be continued)

Well jousted, sir or madam! And the most delicious part is that 2stupid4words won't get it.